Old 2014-04-26, 23:11   Link #461
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1670...non_non_biyori
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 13:43   Link #462
l.kostas

http://www.nonnontv.com/story/s13.html
In the official site they have added information about the OVA. It is in Japanese but there are some screenshots too. From a translation I did using google translate it says something about winning a trip to Okinawa in a lottery.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 01:46   Link #463
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
So ... the OAD (i.e. "ep 13") has been subbed, and I must admit it was quite nice - many of the best things about Non Non were in it and none of the things I disliked.

Once again whenever Ren was onscreen she "stole the show" (loved the comment about detecting a paradigm shift) ... but especially when she was the sole character present; like when she was sitting outside on the summer afternoon and there was a cool breeze and the sound of the cicadas only, while she said nothing, for example - that was very effective.

But without a doubt the best scene of the ep for me was Ren bidding farewell to everything and assuring it all she would be book soon enough. I ... well ... I teared up at that scene.

I am such a sap.
Old 2014-07-24, 09:03   Link #464
l.kostas

https://twitter.com/nonnontv/status/...092288/photo/1

With the OAD there are a few stickers. The text on the blue one means Nyanpasu
Old 2014-07-24, 11:58   Link #465
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I missed Ren-chon and friends so much. This OAD had everything I liked about the first season. I can't wait to see the sequel. I'm very curious to find out how all of them act outside of their usual habitat. Okinawa has littel in common with the countryside. No doubt Renge is going to be wide-eyed during the whole trip.
Old 2014-07-24, 15:08   Link #466
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

This show never gets old. Renge is so incredibly pure and innocent, it's fun to see her being amazed at the smallest things and being so impressionable.

Funny how Hotaru's old swimsuit wouldn't fit Komari, implying Hotaru was already getting big in the chest when she was around (or slightly above) Renge's age.

I don't really understand the staredown between Renge and the silent brother in the supermarket. She saw him standing near something and she just looked at him as if he was on fire. What was on those shelves that creeped her out?

Also, I can't be the only one who immediately thought of Azumanga Daioh when sata andagi was mentioned.

Assuming S2 will start with their trip to Okinawa, I wonder what impact this will have on the girls.
Old 2014-07-24, 15:28   Link #467
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I don't really understand the staredown between Renge and the silent brother in the supermarket. She saw him standing near something and she just looked at him as if he was on fire. What was on those shelves that creeped her out?
No, she was just creeped out by the thought of the paradigm shift that would have happened if the brother had actually spoken!

Quote:
Also, I can't be the only one who immediately thought of Azumanga Daioh when sata andagi was mentioned.
Nope, that was my thought exactly!

Wow. I loved this OAD, a nice reminder of how much I loved the show. Ren-chon saying goodbye to the area was particularly sweet - not in a cloying fake way but genuinely so.

Really looking forward to more.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 21:22   Link #468
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Renge just so cute in this ova and it seems that Suguru got super luck for not talking in this winning a trip to Okinawa
Old 2014-07-24, 23:52   Link #469
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Renge just so cute in this ova and it seems that Suguru got super luck for not talking in this winning a trip to Okinawa
Maybe it is a weird ability he has, being lucky in winning tickets The japanese wikipedia gives more information about the characters. According to that he once was lucky enough to win tickets for a live K-On show. He is a fan of K-On, that might explain why he was playing the guitar in an episode

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/のんのんびより
『けい◯ん』のライブチケットには必ず当選できる力を持っている。魚を瞬時にさばくなど、料理の腕前も持っ ており、その他にも第6巻では福引で沖縄旅行を当てるなど、数々の謎の特技を持っている。
Old 2014-07-25, 00:25   Link #470
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Maybe it is a weird ability he has, being lucky in winning tickets The Japanese Wikipedia gives more information about the characters. According to that he once was lucky enough to win tickets for a live K-On show. He is a fan of K-On, that might explain why he was playing the guitar in an episode

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/のんのんびより
『けい◯ん』のライブチケットには必ず当選できる力を持っている。魚を瞬時にさばくなど、料理の腕前も持っ ており、その他にも第6巻では福引で沖縄旅行を当てるなど、数々の謎の特技を持っている。

He is a fan of K-On?!

Now there is a surprise "cross-over" I was not expecting.
Old 2014-07-25, 01:02   Link #471
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Fantastic OAD, well worth the wait! Really missed this cast. ;_;
Glad Candy Store is coming along, after x years she finally gets to go to Okinawa, hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
But without a doubt the best scene of the ep for me was Ren bidding farewell to everything and assuring it all she would be book soon enough. I ... well ... I teared up at that scene.

I am such a sap.
Well, you aren't alone in that regard Flower.
Old 2014-07-26, 14:14   Link #472
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
The brother wasn't traveling with them.So he appears out of nowhere and she probably was shocked to see him so far away from home.
In the scene before you see him ride his bike to the store, they mentioned the store is 2 hours away by bike but the bro went anyways because he's just that awsome

As always great NNB episode, other shows would have dedicated thisepisode to the trip, only NNB would try to make an episode about preparing for the trip and pull it off!!
Old 2014-07-27, 11:27   Link #473
inisipis

Seriously, just watching the OVA already revitalizes me.

Again this episode reminds us why NNB is probably one of the best slice of life anime and why Renge is such an awesome and endearing character. It is amusing and funny, yet without being silly or gimmicky. The warm and poignant moments are all so touching and meaningful without being overtly sentimental. Even if it does, it's still justifiable.

The overall plot is indeed simple and unremarkable, but show itself is compelling and inexplicable. I think Totoum hit it in the nose: Other shows would have dedicated this episode to the trip, only NNB would make an episode about just preparing for the trip and pull it off.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 11:13   Link #474
l.kostas

Nyanpasu secret tie
Old 2014-07-30, 13:56   Link #475
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

That's Ren-chon for ya. Always there when you need her.
Old 2014-07-31, 09:50   Link #476
Sol Falling

Late to the OAD. Dat DVD quality, lol. Ironically, the lack of definition actually contributed an old-school factor which enhanced the nostalgic quality of the show. It didn't impair my enjoyment of the episode any, but I think I'd still like to watch it in HD as well.

Renge's farewell scene to her town was indeed the highlight. I guess it added a bit of a theme/message to what I always thought was just a straight-up SoL show. Based on Dagashiya's words, Renge was afraid that the trip to Okinawa would forcibly change her world view. In the context of the series, I guess we could see Okinawa as not necessarily a symbol of modernity, but certainly luxury and exoticism. In any case, clearly a contrast to Renge and company's rural little town. The fear was that the attractions of Okinawa would erase Renge's (and by extension, our's, as the audience) appreciation of the quiet place she was born. On some level, an understated challenge to the very purpose of the show. I think that is what made Renge's farewell scene so significant (on top of the implied emotional weight). It was both an expression/assertion of the meaning of the show as it has been up to this point (set in the country), as well as a promise that something like a trip to Okinawa could/would not mark the end.

Incidentally, because I followed the main series on Crunchyroll, the OAD also marked the first time I've seen the OP and ED subbed. I'm not a big fan of nano.RIPE so that didn't change much of my reaction to the OP (rather, I experienced a somewhat comical feeling of "oh, it's this again"), but I've always liked the ED and wow, the lyrics really enhanced it for me. I'd say that was the second major payoff for me from the OAD. Now I'm actually somewhat regretting that this'll probably be the end of the time I spent with that song.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 20:13   Link #477
Gabrinius
Hic !

i wonder when we're getting the sequel. maybe january is hoping too much?
Old 2014-10-02, 09:05   Link #478
l.kostas

The manga was licensed by Seven Seas.
Old 2014-10-02, 12:09   Link #479
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
The manga was licensed by Seven Seas.
That's great news. Nothing beats reading real paper books in your hands. Something to sate us fans while we wait for the second season.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 00:10   Link #480
l.kostas

Ren-chon's character cd cover:

Tags
comedy, seinen, shojo-ai, slice of life