AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-09, 01:06   Link #1
sx3
0 Gundam

X3 Crossbone Gundam

hey im a fan of the crossbone gundam but i never got a chance to read any of the mangas or anythin so im just curious about some things, in this picture im showing you i keep reading everywhere that the crossbone gundam has beam sabers located in its shoulders but i could never find it, and in anohter thing i read that the things that my arrows at pointing out are actually the beam sabers/beam machine cannon or somehting, can anyone help?

Notice the arrows are pointing to the 4 Cannon like things on the crossbone gundam, are these the beam sabers/cannon or whatever?
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 01:09   Link #2
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

The XM-X3 (F97) Crossbone Gundam X-3, right???

I believe 2 of them are the 2 x Mega Machine Cannons and the other 2 being the 2 x Mega Machineguns.

From MAHQ:

Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x mega machine cannon, fire-linked, mounted in torso; 2 x mega machinegun, fire-linked, mounted in chest; 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shoulder armor, hand-carried in use; 4 x heat dagger, stored one in each foot and one in each calf, hand-carried or foot-mounted in use; 2 x scissor anchor, mounted on front skirt armor
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 01:10   Link #3
monster

No, those are the machine guns/cannons. I believe the sabers are located in the same place as the Saviour's. Underneath the shoulder armors.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 01:27   Link #4
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
The XM-X3 (F97) Crossbone Gundam X-3, right???

I believe 2 of them are the 2 x Mega Machine Cannons and the other 2 being the 2 x Mega Machineguns.

From MAHQ:

Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x mega machine cannon, fire-linked, mounted in torso; 2 x mega machinegun, fire-linked, mounted in chest; 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shoulder armor, hand-carried in use; 4 x heat dagger, stored one in each foot and one in each calf, hand-carried or foot-mounted in use; 2 x scissor anchor, mounted on front skirt armor
i dont think so cause the Mega machine gun is actually firelinked to the chest in the skull eyes, heres the information i also have

from animenation

Crossbone Gundam X3:
Equipment: 2x Beam Shields, mounted on arms; 2x I-Field Generators, mounted on forearms
Fixed Armaments: 2x Beam Saber, stored in the shoulders, double as beam guns; 2x 60mm vulcans, mounted in head; 2x Mega Machinegun, mounted in torso "skull eyes"; 2x Heat Daggers, stored in back leg armor, hand carried in use; 1x Beam Gun, mounted in waist armor, hand carried in use; 1x Muramasa Blaster, metal swod, doubles as a beam rifle, mounts 13 small beam sabers and 1 large beam saber

notice that it says, 2beam sabers stored in the shoulders double as beam guns but it doenst mention anything about the other 2 on the torso that look identical to the ones on the shoulder

the guy who wrote this also read all the mangas of crossbone i believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
No, those are the machine guns/cannons. I believe the sabers are located in the same place as the Saviour's. Underneath the shoulder armors.

i was assuming that but than when i looked at pictures there was actually no room, so im not sure if thats the case
Old 2006-08-09, 01:37   Link #5
monster

You see that black object sticking out near the girl's hair? I think that's the beam saber.
Old 2006-08-09, 01:39   Link #6
sx3
0 Gundam

this was the best thing i can find, notice how its missing some cannons on its torso and if you look at all the weapons those 2 things are out, im assuming they made a mistake, and that those 4 cannons are all the same and they all ahev the ability to become beam sabers

-update-
http://ahchi.net/CROSSBONEGUNDAMX1.html
maybe im mistaken, maybe there is actually only 2 due to this model but i thought the beam sabers were located in the shoulders
Old 2006-08-09, 02:25   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert

You see that black object sticking out near the girl's hair? I think that's the beam saber.
In the Crossbone Manga, the X-1 had its beam sabers in the beam guns on either side of the head. Granted the X-3 isn't the X-1, but the X-3 isn't a new model, Kinkedou said "it's the same type." Albeit it has different equipment, it is still based heavily on the X-1 and X-2.
Old 2006-08-09, 02:45   Link #8
sx3
0 Gundam

im guessin they changed it and put it into the shoulders
Old 2006-08-09, 02:50   Link #9
monster

I'm not as certain now, after reading Shinji103's post, I went back to check some images, and apparently all the other X's have that same projections underneath the shoulder armors. So if those are not the beam sabers for them, than it's probably not for the X-3...hmmm...I don't know.
Old 2006-08-09, 03:04   Link #10
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

All will be clear when the MG Crossbone X-1 get released next month.

In other news related to Crossbone Gundam, the Skull Heart gets trashed by the MS of the new JE Prez in this months Crossbone Gundam Skull Heart

Hints of some new armanment of the refited Skull Heart will include Newtype Weapons since they said explictly that the only chance in defeating that MS lies in Psycommu Technologies. From what I know, SNRI has zero experience in this area, so will they ask the ailing AE for assistance ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 03:10   Link #11
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUzYsGGkpB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUzYsGGkpB8

That might answer a few questions about the weapons
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 03:20   Link #12
sandrum
MS Engineer

Yup, the "beam sabers" are what look like shoulder cannons positioned closest to the head in that top image (2nd and 3rd arrows from the left or right) They are ejectable both for use by the MS's hand and by the core fighter when it itself ejects, much like the GP01. The image of the X-1 figure shows the beam sabers right next to the feet. They fit inside the covers on top of the collar.
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 03:51   Link #13
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

^He's right.....

If you watch the X3 video clip I posted it clearly shows X3 ejecting a beam saber from its shoulder 'cannon.'

Of note is X3 is a ultimate complete and ultimate melee whore, just judging by the count of its ammount of melee weapons. It can't even use most of them having only 2 hands but with a I-Field I guess thats neglectable.

But the machine gun is located in the X3's waist/chest area not the shoulder and the beam gun is actually the Zanbuster sword it uses. It doubles as a gun and a high powered saber. But ultimate god of melee Gundam + Hotblooded pilot = Ultimate win and instant death for enemies.
Old 2006-08-09, 04:06   Link #14
sx3
0 Gundam

so for the X3 its on the shoulder? and also it says the thing can double as a cannon or something, does thi smean X3 can shoot beams out of its shoulder? or is it raelly jsut there as decoration and the one on the collar actually does shoot like bullets or something?

off topic:
Sandrum, dude i lvoe your 3D stuff, i visit that site you post them on every now and than and there awesome lol, nice work
Old 2006-08-09, 04:22   Link #15
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

No......thats the solid sword it carries..........it can either double as a anti-ship sword or shoot beams out of its tip.
Old 2006-08-09, 04:29   Link #16
nightbringer360

All the Crossbone Gundams are melee whores. Some simply more than others. The X-1 and X-2 are more armed to for anti-MS combat than the X3 - they have the zanbusters and beam shields to use, as well as the X-1 Kai having screw whips.

The X3 I feel is designed more for anti-ship action, since it has i-field emitters in its forearms instead of beam shields, not to mention the Muramasa Blaster, which is a solid blade with a beam cannon mounted on the tip and seven beam sabers mounted along each side of the blade for a total of fourteen beam blades.
In the manga there's this really cool bit where the X3 does a sword-catch on a beam saber, using the i-field emitters around its forearms.

I believe the mountings on the shoulders are to help fasten the anti-beam cloak into place.

Incidentally, would someone care to post up what has actually happened in the new Crossbone manga? I'm very curious and I have no idea where to order online the Japan version of Gundam ACE.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 05:01   Link #17
sx3
0 Gundam

lol i love melee gundams okay so those things across its torso and shoulders arnt cannons, gotcha, i was just thinking to myself like if those things could shoot beams thatd be a bit more than the X3 would need, so i just want to get things clear to help my mind focus =D those things dont actually fire and the ones on the shoulders pop out and become beam sabers? i like the concept of it not shooting beams out of its shoulders and stuff more cause its a melee gundam, all it needs is its murasame blaster, gatlings on its head and chest and iField!
Old 2006-08-09, 05:35   Link #18
flamingtroll

The things on the tip of the shoulder are veriners. They are on both side of the shoulder armor. In most gundam designs veriners are often put on the should armor.The ones closer to the head are the beam saber/gun.

Check out teh close up on the X1/X3 GFFs.

http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/...ssbone+Gundam/
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 06:00   Link #19
sx3
0 Gundam

lol okay, man im such a freak cause i love to know everything about stuff, dont mind me but i have a question, since the ones on the Collar/close to the neck are beamsabers/guns dose it mean it shoots beams?
Old 2006-08-09, 06:51   Link #20
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbringer360
Incidentally, would someone care to post up what has actually happened in the new Crossbone manga? I'm very curious and I have no idea where to order online the Japan version of Gundam ACE.
You can get the Japanese manga volumes from www.kinokuniya.com .