AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 09:29   Link #41
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Then i don't understand how you can complain and nitpick for ever episode. Well to eacht his own.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:30   Link #42
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
And first kisses are not only important to otakus. They are also important to little kids.
I think it all boils down to how much one cares about romance.

To someone who likes to fool around with the opposite gender (like Jin, for example), I don't think a first kiss will matter much. But to someone who takes things slowly and serious (maybe Sorata? Maybe), a first kiss will be a pretty big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Ok, I'm not sure if I'll be able to express myself clearly, but... here goes:

When Rita came she was always so flity and stuff, so it sort of gave the impression that she likes to fool around or sth, and the kiss at the airport was just something she did on whim (at least that's probably how Dragon saw it). So she just wanted Dragon to know that that kiss was her first kiss too, and that she valued it even more than he did and that his opinion on her and that kiss was wrong... that's how I see it.
My issue with anime is that they keep using the "my first kiss" routine all the time, to the point that sometimes it just doesn't feel right. It's just another stupid anime cliché where every girl has to lose her first kiss on screen. Even if they initially act like they've fooled around with half the world.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:43   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
I think it all boils down to how much one cares about romance.

To someone who likes to fool around with the opposite gender (like Jin, for example), I don't think a first kiss will matter much. But to someone who takes things slowly and serious (maybe Sorata? Maybe), a first kiss will be a pretty big deal.
Jin is a romantic as well; he has to be for him to hold on to his first love for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
My issue with anime is that they keep using the "my first kiss" routine all the time, to the point that sometimes it just doesn't feel right. It's just another stupid anime cliché where every girl has to lose her first kiss on screen. Even if they initially act like they've fooled around with half the world.
I don't think it should be any surprise that how a person act on the outside doesn't always reflect who they are.

Rita while being an excellent tease, never actually give the impression that she 'fooled around'. Remember that she picked Sorata over Jin because she knows the former wouldn't try anything.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:46   Link #44
zRichard

If you are watching this series, it should be obvious that Jin is the only guy taking things slowly and seriously.

Also, if you are serious about someone, does the order number of you kiss matter?
Old 2013-02-05, 09:53   Link #45
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
And first kisses are not only important to otakus. They are also important to little kids.
Remember that Japanese society is quite restrained when it comes to actual relationships. They don't wear their emotions on their sleeves as easily as western couples do; a first kiss does mean alot to them, since they rarely ever do it in public - and when they do, it's a massive event.

For example, Sorata's whole running after Mashiro in the airport - that was regarded as a stunt, even though he only hugged her.

All in context, all in context.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:42   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode once again cemented Sorata and Mashiro are the end couple. They couldn't make it more obvious. The scene on the roof was incredibly sweet.

I wish Nanami had confessed right here and then. It's painful to see hoping Sorata will return her feelings, knowing full well there is little chance that will happen. Hopefully, she will confess when she gets the result of her audition and won't drag this out further. The longer she waits, the more her chances to win are decreasing, since Mashiro only keeps getting closer to Sorata. I feel so bad for her.

Jin stood up Misaki... I saw that coming. Although I can understand where he's coming from, the way he treats Misaki is starting to get on my nerves. Be more considerate of her feelings, damnit. He should have known it was important for her to give him that chocolate.

Dragon's attitude also pissed me off this week. Rita traveled all the way to Japan specifically for him and he didn't even show his face to her. At least he's sticking to his guns... that's the only good thing I can say about him.

In the end, the only ones that had a good Valentine's were Sorata and Mashiro. And perhaps Maid-chan.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:18   Link #47
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
I don't...I don't even...what?

I guarantee you. I could ask any of my buddies about their first kiss and after giving me a strange look or some snide comment, they'd still answer. Whether it be some story or simply a name it'd still mean they remember it.

Hell, even like Dauerlutscher said, I still remember mine and I can't even remember what the girl's last name is anymore.

Oh, and before you pull the "then your friends are otaku or little kids" bit, most of mine don't even have the faintest idea I like anime (and I've known a few of them 13-18 years). They think the extent of my nerdiness stops at RPG video games.

TL;DR I have no idea how this reasoning is even plausible, but I strongly disagree. Forget race, a first kiss ranks right up there as one of many "first" things you're bound to remember for life.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:05   Link #48
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
TL;DR I have no idea how this reasoning is even plausible, but I strongly disagree. Forget race, a first kiss ranks right up there as one of many "first" things you're bound to remember for life.
That's not the kind of important I'm talking about. We all remember most of our firsts just fine, they are all memorable events. But most anime presents the first kiss as if it were a valuable one should be grateful to receive. Like some sort blessing. A reward that usually gets "stolen" in shoujo manga. I don't known how people find this to be romantic.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...acredFirstKiss

Khu explains well why this cliche won't stop to come up in anime.

But my main issue is not the kiss itself, but the reveal treatment it got. It just comes out of nowhere, feels out of character and doesn't seems to be a "big reveal" that will sway Ryuunosuke's stance on women, unless he's a closet YAMATO DAMASHI-kind of guy. To me, it was far more impressive that she traveled all the way there to see him on that day that the kiss itself.
Old 2013-02-05, 13:31   Link #49
tsunade666

Simply good episode. its worth the time to watch it even if its already way pass 2 in the morning. The scene with Nanami and Mashiro are so heart warming that it really pains me when its been cemented and framed the end scene. If Kami is here he would be saying "I can already see the ending" Nanami is sweet but well..... Mashiro is just the girl for Sorata. I like the interaction between Nanami and Sorata specially the rehearsal for the audition while Sorata is biking his way to take Nanami to the audition. That scene is so heart warming that my heart goes doki doki when Nanami said "I love you" The scene with Mashiro in the roof top is also sweet that I envy the understanding between Mashiro and Sorata. Sorata might be blinded by Mashiro's brilliance but he finally understands what Mashiro "a Genius" feels. its lonely at the top. Jin just go die and Akasaka...... poor Ritan >_> I'll be getting my ascalon to shove it so someone who stood the girl outside in the comfort room. Heck the girl travel from other country just to see you and give a chocolate but you stood her up!!!! what the hell is the deal with that!
Old 2013-02-05, 13:35   Link #50
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
If you are watching this series, it should be obvious that Jin is the only guy taking things slowly and seriously.

Also, if you are serious about someone, does the order number of you kiss matter?
Except I have trouble grasping the concept of "I love you so much that I'll date everyone except you".
I can appreciate that recently he decided to stop fooling around, but to say that he's the only one taking it slowly and seriously given his background... Yeah...

And if you're serious about someone (your first actual love), then I'd say your first kiss should be important. But anime has an incredible way of leading us all to believe that the most incredible people are still ripe for the taking by clueless MCs.
Old 2013-02-05, 15:12   Link #51
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Akasaka...poor Ritan >_> I'll be getting my ascalon to shove it so someone who stood the girl outside in the comfort room. Heck the girl travel from other country just to see you and give a chocolate but you stood her up!!!! what the hell is the deal with that!
I know that I'm in the minority here, perhaps even the only one to think so, but Akasaka had no obligation to open the door to her. She came to Japan of her own volition, unannounced, and fully aware of his predilection towards women. She was not stood up as there was no prior arrangement or agreement. She was simply, as usual, attempting to force herself on him. If the roles were reversed, he would be accused of sexual harassment, but since she's an attractive, blonde, voluptuous female, people seem to think she can do no wrong.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:03   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did forget about Dragon calling for Sorata backup during the Rita invasion . Desperately needed some backup that then decided to just go on to school .

Understandable that things didn't go so smoothly during the Rita visit anyways. Not like Akasaka's issues had been overcome in the meantime. Will need to wait for another time when we can get more focus on him. Can't just catapult into things, regardless of the day it is. I'm sure eventually things will work out and with Rita's determination she won't let things not going as planned stop her.

For now seems more likely to get developments on the Sorata situation. Even he's starting to clue in on what's going on around him.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:09   Link #53
sikvod00

@FredFriendly:
"She can do no wrong"? IIRC, most people were praising Akasaka for the way he tore Rita a new one in a previous episode. So, no, I don't think it just has to do with her being an attractive girl. Akasaka has a personality problem. He is unecessarily harsh and crude with people, even those close to him. It's cool when someone deserves it (Rita), but not so cool when they don't (Rita again). He has definitely lightened up a bit around her, and I expect it to continue.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:13   Link #54
Sumeragi
Banned

There is this thing called being excessive, FredFriendly.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:26   Link #55
Trudinh

finally sorata start using his head, im soo happy.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:30   Link #56
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
So who are you calling excessive? Me, the Dragon, or Rita? If me (or actually, whoever) how so?
Old 2013-02-05, 16:33   Link #57
Sumeragi
Banned

Dragon. It's one thing to dislike/hate Rita's actions, but quite another to completely ignore her (or that's what it seems apparently, since I didn't have the chance to see the episode yet).

But then, who am I talking about? Everyone in Sakurasou is flawed one way or another, and Dragon is an extreme case.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:41   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Dragon. It's one thing to dislike/hate Rita's actions, but quite another to completely ignore her (or that's what it seems apparently, since I didn't have the chance to see the episode yet).

Essentially yes- He locked himself in the bathroom all day.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:44   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Definitely. She only came here to give him a chocolate, not to rape him. His reaction was disproportionate.
Old 2013-02-05, 17:20   Link #60
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:

But then, who am I talking about? Everyone in Sakurasou is flawed one way or another, and Dragon is an extreme case.
Thanks for the response. I'd like to know your opinion after you've watched the episode.

He is an extreme case, but so what? Does he not have the right to not like women? Does he not have the right to lock himself in his room (or the bathroom) so he can be alone? Does he not have the right to have as little to do with anyone else as possible, be it man or woman? Even before Rita came along, his main means of communication was via Maid-chan.

He may be rude and crude, but at the very least he is upfront and quite explicit, he does not like women. His observations regarding Rita have been spot-on. No doubt he was well aware of what day it was, and why she was there, but he didn't invite her. He wouldn't have wanted her to come if he had known before she showed up.

She is forcing herself on him and he's not having it. I don't know why the onus should be on the Dragon, when she is clearly the one who is intruding where she already knows she is not welcome. Like I said, if the tables were turned, people would be saying he was harassing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Definitely. She only came here to give him a chocolate, not to rape him. His reaction was disproportionate.
Really? Are you 100% sure about that? However, even if she only wanted to give him chocolate, he is neither required nor obliged to accept it.

Don't get me wrong here, I happen to enjoy the interactions between Rita and her Dragon, and I hope they continue. Give the guy a break! He seems to have a morbid fear of becoming intimate with any woman, and the idea of letting her near him, considering the situation, was obviously too much for him. I don't think his reaction was "disproportionate" at all. He already knows how forceful she is. She's even forced a kiss on him against his will. She obviously does not respect his wishes, and who knows what she may have done if he opened the door to her.

Obviously, if Rita is going to win him over, she's going to have to change her tactics. Not only the notion that it's a battle, but the conceited attitude (any man would shed tears of joy being chased by such a beautiful woman) are things she needs to dispense with. They just don't work on him. What would work? I have no idea, but what she is doing is only pushing him farther away.
Closed Thread