3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-13, 15:39   Link #41
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
He might do as he please, but at the end the ass that is in risk is the one of TNK, and I dont see how a studio could think is good to please the desires of the author if that means to loose a big part of the fanbase that comes from the novel readers that want an adaption, not an original. As I said, at the end the answer is in the hands of the one that buy the dvd/bd.
from what ive heard japan is more accepting of the changes than the west
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 15:50   Link #42
andy

Don't normally post but as someone who reads the LN i really don't mind the changes that much.
Yes they could have done some stuff in better ways but this don't really effect the overall story that much IMO.
Hoping it does good enough so we can get a season 4 so i can see parts of vol 9 and 10 cause more DxD is always good in my book even if somethings get change .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 16:15   Link #43
Chichiryuushintei

I've been reading the LNs for 3 years and I loved this season. How does it make me a "Not true DxD fan"?

I'll repeat: "How the changes makes it impossible for them to adapt v9-v12?"
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 16:19   Link #44
X102reddragon

Same I've been reading to LN since 2012 when I 1st stumbled upon DXD when the anime came out. While there are something's that I haven't liked about this season over all I have enjoyed and has stayed relatively true to the LN in the overall sense.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 16:55   Link #45
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I'll repeat: "How the changes makes it impossible for them to adapt v9-v12?"
They didn't need the AO content though. Like in my previous post, I mentioned that a 1 volume per 4 episode format was perfect for this season. Build up the Issei/Rias dynamic, but in a different way. And since Loki's endgame was just leading to this, keep the original format because this AO content, is again, completely unnecessary and all the cut parts just makes it really disappointing. You have to agree with me on that.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 17:12   Link #46
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
They didn't need the AO content though. Like in my previous post, I mentioned that a 1 volume per 4 episode format was perfect for this season. Build up the Issei/Rias dynamic, but in a different way. And since Loki's endgame was just leading to this, keep the original format because this AO content, is again, completely unnecessary and all the cut parts just makes it really disappointing. You have to agree with me on that.
Disappointing is a really strong word. 99% of the scenes cut that I care about can be easily be put later on. Akeno's development was the only unredeemeable change.

I never said it was "needed". But the author wanted to do it this way, and since apparently there is stuff from v20 in it, the studio wouldn't have known since it isn't even released yet even now, months before production started. So yeah, this is all Ishibumi's wish. If you want to hate, hate him, not the studio.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:13   Link #47
Somnus
Eh?

Had to log in just to reply to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
Even original authors can do things that are completely idiotic and destroy their own works.
Sorry, I never really viewed DxD as a quality piece of work (though I know there's a ridiculous fanbase that does), and the author of a series that has a guy trying to decide which boob to poke to power up mid-battle left that boundary in the rear-view mirror ages ago. And let's not even touch his boob-reading abilities.

Aside from this being a cookie-cutter mind control plot, my biggest gripe is actually the armor design for Rias. I cringed. Hard. They needed someone older than a 10-year-old to design that one. She's the final boss of the season, c'mooooon TNK.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:19   Link #48
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
If you want to hate, hate him, not the studio.
Hate is a really strong word. Disappointed =/= hate, just wondering what his thought process was deciding on the changes? And I guarantee he is not the only one who decided on the changes, a lot of people have been harping on the director of this series for how BorN has been playing out.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:21   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Where? Here? 'cause here doesn't count. Here doesn't mean shit to TNK.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:28   Link #50
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Hate is a really strong word. Disappointed =/= hate, just wondering what his thought process was deciding on the changes? And I guarantee he is not the only one who decided on the changes, a lot of people have been harping on the director of this series for how BorN has been playing out.
I wasn't referring to you specifically. I just saw a bunch of people saying bullshit about TNK. More than what is due I mean, TNK is not exactly a great studio.

But he's the only one who could do this whole Rias using Scale Mail stuff. So he had at least a heavy hand on the decisions.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:39   Link #51
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Where? Here? 'cause here doesn't count. Here doesn't mean shit to TNK.
On twitter, the japanese fans basically. If you google #haremking, you will find a link that directs you to the twitter live feed.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:41   Link #52
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For all the good that does me, I can't translate Japanese worth a damn, and anyone can link something and claim it's a condemnation or criticism without it actually being so, or providing a verifiable translation.
Old 2015-06-13, 17:44   Link #53
ImperialFlameGod8190

Its a very large shame when you watch an episode and outside of Arthur Explaining what Collibrande does and the eye catch i really wasnt feeling this. Rias using Issei's BB was a nice twist but i find issei's hesistation almost borderline idiotic because you see his resolve and then he reverts.
This season overall has been a disappointment to me and next episode really has to be a briliant one for me to salvage this AO idea.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 19:37   Link #54
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For all the good that does me, I can't translate Japanese worth a damn, and anyone can link something and claim it's a condemnation or criticism without it actually being so, or providing a verifiable translation.
It's kinda hard to deduce the tweets at times since its always being updated by bots. I wouldn't lie about this. But whats funny, is that a prediction came out a few days ago and has born selling around 5.3k as its sales expectation. Now that could change to be a little higher seeing how it doesn't come out till July 24th. Going by rankings at retailers, these past episodes haven't affected much in sales. In fact, the 11th episode gave a boost to the rankings concerning HMV, Neowing, Rakuten, Getchu, and Gamers.
Old 2015-06-13, 19:44   Link #55
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
It's kinda hard to deduce the tweets at times since its always being updated by bots. I wouldn't lie about this. But whats funny, is that a prediction came out a few days ago and has born selling around 5.3k as its sales expectation. Now that could change to be a little higher seeing how it doesn't come out till July 24th. Going by rankings at retailers, these past episodes haven't affected much in sales. In fact, the 11th episode gave a boost to the rankings concerning HMV, Neowing, Rakuten, Getchu, and Gamers.
LOL, how ironic.

5k is more than fine, specially considering DxD isn't a high-budget show. S4 is confirmed if it sells that much.
Old 2015-06-13, 19:50   Link #56
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
I feel indifferent about this episode. This whole season has been a roller coaster for the most part. The Rias BB was interesting, but I was expecting the clone and Issei to go to war considering the last episode. And the changes, if this is what Loki's endgame was, why change the format and do anime original content? They could have done a standard 1 volume per 4 episode format since Volumes 5-7 are really short. The Rias/Issei dynamic could've still been added albeit in a different way than how this season portrayed it, while keeping the original story line in place. I feel like the director should be fired, since he is also in charge of the storyboard and worked with Ishibumi to make the AO content. Also a question, does it really feel like Ishibumi helped as much with the changes as we think? Doesn't feel like his style.
One thing I've noticed is that Ishibumi is influenced by the anime more than he influences them. At least, that's the way it appears. Every time a season of the anime has aired, there's been a subtle modification to the next light novel volume that somehow correlates to something the anime did.

Now, discussion is fine, but can we please not continue down the road of "BorN is trash, LN is superior and if you like the anime you are enjoying what is an utter disgrace to the series"? I know some LN readers are upset, and some are enjoying this. I'm of both camps. I enjoyed it up until this week. And I'll still consider BorN a relative success if the finale goes as I'm predicting.

What matters in the end, no matter if you love the changes or hate them, is that the fans in Japan are okay with it. Sales are all that matter here. A proper S4 should overshadow anything and everything BorN did "wrong". And, who knows what the future holds. Maybe TNK realizes they aren't making money off of anything else, becomes a DxD-only studio, and one day releases a "proper" remake of BorN.

//endrant
Old 2015-06-13, 20:03   Link #57
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
One thing I've noticed is that Ishibumi is influenced by the anime more than he influences them. At least, that's the way it appears. Every time a season of the anime has aired, there's been a subtle modification to the next light novel volume that somehow correlates to something the anime did.

Now, discussion is fine, but can we please not continue down the road of "BorN is trash, LN is superior and if you like the anime you are enjoying what is an utter disgrace to the series"? I know some LN readers are upset, and some are enjoying this. I'm of both camps. I enjoyed it up until this week. And I'll still consider BorN a relative success if the finale goes as I'm predicting.

What matters in the end, no matter if you love the changes or hate them, is that the fans in Japan are okay with it. Sales are all that matter here. A proper S4 should overshadow anything and everything BorN did "wrong". And, who knows what the future holds. Maybe TNK realizes they aren't making money off of anything else, becomes a DxD-only studio, and one day releases a "proper" remake of BorN.

//endrant
Which part of your comment was a rant? You're one of the most civilized person on this thread.

I could see it happening if DxD was as successful a series such as Fate. But it's not even comparable to that, even the hated by many DEEN adaptation sold, what, 10k-20k per BD?

The DxD anime will dry out in one or two seasons more, tops. That's what I predict at least, miracles could happen after all.
Old 2015-06-13, 20:03   Link #58
B214

Jesus to all those that complains that they are diverting too far or they are butchering the story, did anyone here even take notice that Ajuka adjusted Ise's Evil Pieces already.

God people just wants to find the things they view as bad and complain while ignoring the fact they make sure the story is connectable with the ongoing plot.

Last edited by B214; 2015-06-13 at 20:32.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-13, 20:06   Link #59
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Maybe TNK realizes they aren't making money off of anything else, becomes a DxD-only studio, and one day releases a "proper" remake of BorN. //endrant
This is what a lot of people are hoping for. Maybe they rename the studio if that happens. Most of the peoples thoughts on this season, is that once season 4 rolls around, that this season never happened. Like I said though, I'm in this for the ride.
Old 2015-06-13, 20:31   Link #60
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
This is what a lot of people are hoping for. Maybe they rename the studio if that happens. Most of the peoples thoughts on this season, is that once season 4 rolls around, that this season never happened. Like I said though, I'm in this for the ride.
"Oppai Dragon Productions"

I like it. They should do it even if it's just for the adpatation of v9-v12. lol