4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.79%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-09, 21:21   Link #281
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I've been thinking; the space-gun attachment on Dynames must take some time to set up. At least, I don't see Lockon being able to hustle fast enough to set such a big-ass cannon up within 5 minutes, nor can I see Setsuna being able to dive into Tokyo Bay, retrieve Exia, and hustle to Lockon's location within the space of 5 minutes.

Could it be possible that Dynames and Exia were already set up beforehand, presumably to provide ground-to-space support for Kyrios during the initial mission to put an end to the Tieren Taozi, and they were simply ready at the right time to receive a change in mission plans?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 21:35   Link #282
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I've been thinking; the space-gun attachment on Dynames must take some time to set up. At least, I don't see Lockon being able to hustle fast enough to set such a big-ass cannon up within 5 minutes, nor can I see Setsuna being able to dive into Tokyo Bay, retrieve Exia, and hustle to Lockon's location within the space of 5 minutes.

Could it be possible that Dynames and Exia were already set up beforehand, presumably to provide ground-to-space support for Kyrios during the initial mission to put an end to the Tieren Taozi, and they were simply ready at the right time to receive a change in mission plans?
Well, that's certainly plausible. If put into a battle situation, Soma would not have suspected being fired upon from Earth ground level while engaging Allelujah's Gundam.
Old 2007-11-09, 23:41   Link #283
rpgman1

Great episode overall. So Allelujah has DID just like Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears. Soma went nuts as soon as she is near Allelujah and cause part of the lift to drift into space. I get the feeling 00 does go down the same path as Wing and I called the series "Wing 2.0". Better see what happens later on in future episodes.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 04:30   Link #284
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Great episode overall. So Allelujah has DID just like Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears. Soma went nuts as soon as she is near Allelujah and cause part of the lift to drift into space. I get the feeling 00 does go down the same path as Wing and I called the series "Wing 2.0". Better see what happens later on in future episodes.
I certainly hope not, what with the article released where the people from Gundam Wing said basically that Wing was only a joke. D: If Gundam 00 does indeed turn out like Wing, that'd be a shame indeed.
Old 2007-11-10, 05:46   Link #285
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Given that some viewers have been left wanting more politicking and others have wanted more action and light hearted content, I assume Sunrise has struck a happy medium for most mainstream viewers.

I think that 5 episodes in, the balance has been good. Although I would have liked to see them take the whole modern political allegory further, there's only so much you can do in reality.

People who are criticising the 'hair change' Allelujah to Hallelujah are being a bit pedantic in my opinion, its just a visual representation to embellish character development.

One thing I'll be interested in is how the team dynamics work after this. Having a pilot openly disobey orders usually means disciplinary action, but what do Lockon and Setsuna think about how Allelujah acted?

Tieria has just shown himself to be a cold hearted son of a gun and I think he's the least likely to defect, and the most likely to simply follow orders to the bitter end.
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 03:45   Link #286
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Something tells me you are merely complaining for the sake of it, and it's not only the exaggerations of certain points you make, it's that it's seemly impossible for you to enjoy any given episode and are forcing yourself to dislike the elements involved. If the series is this horrible, "Superficial" "Yaoi" and er...... has characters who are too "Dull and Gay" for you, why continue to watch it?
Oh the irony is killing me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 04:05   Link #287
tetsuo69

i'll rather see some Fan service, than to keep watching the boring storyline.
Old 2007-11-13, 07:07   Link #288
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
i'll rather see some Fan service, than to keep watching the boring storyline.
Dragonaut seems up your alley
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 21:38   Link #289
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Almost forgot to post this
This was one of the after thoughts I had other than ep5 sucks balls, but I was overwhelmed by the stench of GW that I forgot to post

might not be suitable for children, watch at your own risk. To the dude who loves boobs, you might end up reconsidering your likes after seeing this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCsoo7rDBec&feature=related

oh crap I meant to post this on ep6 discussion..what have I done lol

Last edited by Kazamachi Shogen; 2007-11-15 at 00:46.
Kazamachi Shogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 01:35   Link #290
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The problem isn't in the ability to hit targets at long ranges - it's that, out-of-universe, the creators won't use such a technology to its logical conclusion.
Meaning having the CB take control of space and threaten to bomb people from orbit? (And reminding the people dirtside that they need the space elevators a lot more than the CB do?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 01:41   Link #291
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meaning having the CB take control of space and threaten to bomb people from orbit? (And reminding the people dirtside that they need the space elevators a lot more than the CB do?)
Not really. It's just that if Dynames can pick off targets in orbit from the ground, then it has absolutely no reason to get close to any enemy whatsoever - it should stick to taking them out at 100+km ranges. Not only is this tactic both safe and effective, but it's also a whole lot more intimidating. The reason the creators won't go for it is because it would make all of their combat choreography redundant and the rest of the Gundams would be there just to support Dynames, and because it'd make combat boring.
Old 2007-11-15, 09:36   Link #292
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Not really. It's just that if Dynames can pick off targets in orbit from the ground, then it has absolutely no reason to get close to any enemy whatsoever - it should stick to taking them out at 100+km ranges. Not only is this tactic both safe and effective, but it's also a whole lot more intimidating. The reason the creators won't go for it is because it would make all of their combat choreography redundant and the rest of the Gundams would be there just to support Dynames, and because it'd make combat boring.
Well, there is always the issue that Dynames is completely immobile while firing, and there is a tonne of equipment that needs dragging about.

There is also the fact that it is far easier to take out a chunk of space station moving in a predictable manner than mobilesuits, and it is entirely inefficient to use that gun on one grunt at a time when a normal rifle will do. And that, making Dynames that far away means there is one less Gundam physically at the battlefield.

It takes twenty seconds to charge a shot. We don't even know how many shots such a supercharged weapon can dispense before issues of cooling and wear can crop up. The cannon is portrayed only as a specialized piece of equipment, that isn't practical in a regular setting.

"Taking the technology to its logical conclusion" can only be inferred if we know what CB actually wants. We still don't know what that is, so where they want to take this is up to them. CB has also a tendency to hide their technical limitations, which does exist. The most obvious example is their current inability to have more than the 4 GN drives. The more times the VVBFG gets used, the more times the World powers have in figuring out its limitations. And a single Dynames away from all other Gundams and unable to move from its location is extremely vulnerable to being surrounded.
Old 2007-11-15, 10:03   Link #293
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, there is always the issue that Dynames is completely immobile while firing, and there is a tonne of equipment that needs dragging about.

There is also the fact that it is far easier to take out a chunk of space station moving in a predictable manner than mobilesuits, and it is entirely inefficient to use that gun on one grunt at a time when a normal rifle will do. And that, making Dynames that far away means there is one less Gundam physically at the battlefield.
Mobile suits? Why would anyone waste their time firing at those when they're being manned? It'd be far more efficient to go for bases, ships, grounded mobile suits and targets like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It takes twenty seconds to charge a shot. We don't even know how many shots such a supercharged weapon can dispense before issues of cooling and wear can crop up. The cannon is portrayed only as a specialized piece of equipment, that isn't practical in a regular setting.
If overheating is an issue, it'd make sense to have either additional weapons or barrels - that's how modern machine guns are fielded. A rate of fire of three shots a minute isn't a lot, but with the kind of accuracy and power depicted, a few minutes of fire would be enough to devastate a base or fleet. Given its range and the fact that the Gundams are deployed on offensive missions at a time of their choosing, there's no need to expose Dynames to danger at all.
Old 2007-11-15, 14:11   Link #294
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Was the issue overheating? I seem to believe they just needed to compress the GN particles to a form that could be fired ...
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 14:42   Link #295
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem, if they're on earth, is that Dynames' weapon seem to be a line of sight deal. The other armies have got to have missiles which can top that.

That's why I thought taking control of space (where there aren't a lot of enemies, so it should be doable, with their super Gundams), and threatening to shoot their industries (not to mention government seats, if the mood takes them) from the ultimate high ground would make sense.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 16:35   Link #296
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Threatening? I'm wondering why CB doesn't just *SNEAK* it! Currently, NOBODY knows where their bases of operations lie, meaning that Dynames and co. can just sneak around while the other nations are shitkicking each other. If this is what CB is after, they can easily sneak dynames up to a nice firing position and then oops, good night whatever target it is, and it'll be long gone before dynames is located and then retaliatory or defense forces are scrambled to stop it. So far, CB seems to just take part in small skirmishes, but if the shit hits the fan, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dynames going all wing zero and just dispensing indiscriminate justice in the form of that VVBFG
Old 2007-11-16, 00:17   Link #297
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Currently, when have any of the gundams come even close to being damaged besides exia? Dynames has a weakness at short range. Its only the mobile suits now cant even handle him in close range. With a 20 second charge time, if he misses a target or his location is revealed then hes defenceless. Not to mention using the cannon probably takes a huge amount of energy. i'm guessing he has a power source near the ground so his giant cannon cant be place on the moon.

When we start to see more serious competition go after the other suits their weaknesses will be revealed.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 09:23   Link #298
4Tran

Quote:
The problem, if they're on earth, is that Dynames' weapon seem to be a line of sight deal. The other armies have got to have missiles which can top that.
For the most part, long range missile fire seems to be a big no-no for Gundam shows - this seems to be just limited to direct fire guns.

The line of sight limitation isn't that big a problem for Dynames since it can fly. A weapon of this nature also has certain advantages over missiles; accuracy and being very difficult to defend against being the chief ones.

Quote:
That's why I thought taking control of space (where there aren't a lot of enemies, so it should be doable, with their super Gundams), and threatening to shoot their industries (not to mention government seats, if the mood takes them) from the ultimate high ground would make sense.
And that's pretty much it. The power blocs don't have much of a space presence beyond the immediate vicinity around the elevators, so parking in lower earth orbit should be relatively easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
So far, CB seems to just take part in small skirmishes, but if the shit hits the fan, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dynames going all wing zero and just dispensing indiscriminate justice in the form of that VVBFG
Firing at long range would have achieved the same objectives in the small skirmishes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Currently, when have any of the gundams come even close to being damaged besides exia? Dynames has a weakness at short range. Its only the mobile suits now cant even handle him in close range. With a 20 second charge time, if he misses a target or his location is revealed then hes defenceless. Not to mention using the cannon probably takes a huge amount of energy.
Being stationary isn't much of a concern when you're 100+km from the enemy. Besides, there's nothing to keep Dynames from moving after it fires a shot. And of course, zero risk is highly preferable to low risk.
Old 2007-11-16, 09:36   Link #299
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
\The line of sight limitation isn't that big a problem for Dynames since it can fly. A weapon of this nature also has certain advantages over missiles; accuracy and being very difficult to defend against being the chief ones.
The VVBFG needed Dynames to be fixed on a physical location, because there are large quantities of accessories and cables. Thus the cannon can't be used while airborne. In fact, since we don't get to see where some of the cables go to, we haven't actually saw the full weapon; for all we know, the VVBFG has vital hardware off screen that was housed in a building.
Old 2007-11-16, 09:42   Link #300
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The line of sight limitation isn't that big a problem for Dynames since it can fly. A weapon of this nature also has certain advantages over missiles; accuracy and being very difficult to defend against being the chief ones.
That Sniper Cannon is incredibly HUGE mind you. While it'll be easy to say that they can just make the thing fly with a little GN magic, with the knowledge that CB only has a limited amount of GN Drives available, no matter how we look at it it'll be farfetched to think that Dynames can carry that weapon and use it as an airborne weapon. Also, the fact that Dynames had to be tethered to a ground-based GN Condenser (which is what the black sphere the Cannon is connected to seems to be, if the descriptions of the condensers from recent sources are correct) AND supported by a makeshift heavy weight (Kyrios' weapon container) means the the weapon HAS to have a sufficiently stable support to be fired. The only way for Dynames to use the cannon as a long ranged weapon in the manner you described would be to situate it in a very high location - A mountain or so, high enough to extend the Dynames' sight beyond the visible horizon. I just don't believe the Dynames can simply carry the Cannon and fire from altitude flying.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote