AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-29, 09:51   Link #2801
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Its not that bad a time for Bakuman to finally end on a high, after all the recent chapters are more than decent. But again, I would not complain if they continued on with the manga but with some promising new plots and story.

But please let Mashiro finish his little love story with Miho already.
Old 2012-03-29, 12:15   Link #2802
Enishi

As the saying goes, the World is going to the end at December, 21. :-D They’ll have time. ;-)
Old 2012-03-29, 13:06   Link #2803
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

eight chapters sounds about right. Another arc and a wedding would be a good time to end BM.

for their next manga they can do a spinoff with Hiramaru and his editor
Old 2012-03-29, 13:42   Link #2804
amasposu

8 chapters of Reversi does not equate to 8 chapters of Bakuman. o_o;;
Old 2012-03-29, 14:05   Link #2805
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

^ Yeah that's what I think also. I assume it will last about 15-20 chapters before Miho becomes the seiyuu for Reversi.
Old 2012-03-29, 15:39   Link #2806
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^this certainly seems like a build-up for a final arc, though i firmly believe that the ending scene will be their wedding + a shot of the protagonists looking up into the vast sky, thinking "the rivalry for the worlds best manga is still ongoing and will last forever" or smth like that
kinda like an open ending, but closed on all the relevant fronts
Old 2012-03-30, 02:17   Link #2807
Enishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I assume it will last about 15-20 chapters before Miho becomes the seiyuu for Reversi.
It’s about 4—5 months! Oh, c’mon!
Old 2012-03-31, 05:27   Link #2808
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Chapter 173

Those two are really stubborn. Oh wait, since from the start they were stubborn to begin with

Anyway, I really don't see 8 chapters in reversi is equal to 8 chapters of Bakuman. I could be wrong but like I said, I think it will last a minimum of 15 chapters.
Old 2012-03-31, 06:24   Link #2809
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
So wait Natsumi the assistant is still up for grabs?All you guys can have Rina!Take me Natsumi! Take me!

Oh yeah right the chapter.

What I wonder is how Hattori will convince the editor in chief to let them end the manga now?
Old 2012-03-31, 07:11   Link #2810
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

15-20 chapters seem like a lot before Miho becames the seiyuu since the mangaka has used less than that to resolve some major situations in the storyline before.
I see it more like 9-10 chapters at top.
Old 2012-03-31, 08:02   Link #2811
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ahahaha. coming soon: the firing Hattori arc.
Old 2012-03-31, 08:02   Link #2812
ryuusei

Why does everyone want this manga to end? Its not like your life ends after you've achieved your dreams. You go and find another one worth achieving!
Old 2012-03-31, 09:55   Link #2813
Somnus
Eh?

Ah...alright, things are a little more tolerable now that I've read the full chapter (which was great, btw).

The reason Mashiro's delaying the marriage a bit is because he's planning something. I can't wait to see what he has in mind. Also, the little discussion the two had about money made me smile. I'm happy they were able to become so well off doing what they dreamed of. Brings back memories of when Takagi was first calculating how much they would get paid for their first one-shot.

Also, I was only half joking about the 8 chapters thing. I thought it would have been an interesting way to foreshadow, but there really is a lot to go over if they want to conclude it properly and 8 chapters would be rushing it immensely. However, much to my dismay, Bakuman IS at a point where it can begin to wrap everything up. Either way, this will stay as one of my favourite manga of all time.

Also, it looks like your waifu is quite popular, eh poisui? Ha ha ha.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:00   Link #2814
Enishi

They’re so beautiful. I’m so happy! ;-)

By the way, Death Note also has two parts. Is it a hint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei View Post
Why does everyone want this manga to end?
We wanna KISS! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
it looks like your waifu is quite popular, eh poisui?
Aha-ha-ha :-D
Old 2012-03-31, 11:22   Link #2815
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Why does everyone want this manga to end? Its not like your life ends after you've achieved your dreams. You go and find another one worth achieving!
Well, it is a manga, and story always have an ending. We know that Mashiro's dreams that driven him so far are to marry Miho, and defeat Eiji to become no.1 mangaka together with Takagi. Since his marriage with Miho pretty much a done deal now, we only have the grand battle with Eiji left.

Well, the author could drag it, but I honestly doubt he would.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:50   Link #2816
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Well, it is a manga, and story always have an ending. We know that Mashiro's dreams that driven him so far are to marry Miho, and defeat Eiji to become no.1 mangaka together with Takagi. Since his marriage with Miho pretty much a done deal now, we only have the grand battle with Eiji left.

Well, the author could drag it, but I honestly doubt he would.
If its his first successful work (w/ anime adaptation etc...). I believe he might drag it. Look at Naruto/Bleach, both of these crap dungs are overdue themselves
Old 2012-03-31, 11:59   Link #2817
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
If its his first successful work (w/ anime adaptation etc...). I believe he might drag it. Look at Naruto/Bleach, both of these crap dungs are overdue themselves
If you're talking about Reversi, I highly doubt Mashiro would decide to drag the story and they did reveal in the end that they want to end it.

If you're talking about Bakuman., these guys are the makers of Death Note and that ended with 110 chapters even though its popularity was very high then. They don't drag things and if they wanted to end Bakuman, I'm sure they will. After all they will contradict themselves if the manga was talking about not dragging on the series but the series itself is.
Old 2012-03-31, 12:24   Link #2818
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Most important piece of info this chapter: Mina gets around much more than her elder sis does.

Old 2012-03-31, 13:51   Link #2819
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
If you're talking about Reversi, I highly doubt Mashiro would decide to drag the story and they did reveal in the end that they want to end it.

If you're talking about Bakuman., these guys are the makers of Death Note and that ended with 110 chapters even though its popularity was very high then. They don't drag things and if they wanted to end Bakuman, I'm sure they will. After all they will contradict themselves if the manga was talking about not dragging on the series but the series itself is.
DN was drag out, it was suppose to end with L but the editors at Jump...

Quote:
because it is better for a story to end on a high note then drag out for so long that it when it finally ends it is consider a mercy kill.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:09   Link #2820
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

probably end at 200 or something.

Tags
manga, shounen