AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-20, 21:35   Link #1541
Miraluka
Banned

*moving from the other thread*

Thats why I said nothing about budget but at the end its clear that the issue that affects the series seems to be them handling more than 2 shows each season.
Old 2012-04-20, 22:14   Link #1542
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
*moving from the other thread*

Thats why I said nothing about budget but at the end its clear that the issue that affects the series seems to be them handling more than 2 shows each season.
It's not even the same team doing both shows.
Old 2012-04-20, 23:03   Link #1543
relentlessflame

*Administrator

For what it's worth, it's not the amount of productions in a season as long as they have different teams, it's how much time each show has in pre-production. The more time they have to plan and implement, the more they're able to line up good animators and get everything done on schedule (remembering that most of the work is outsourced anyway). The job of J.C. Staff is basically sub-contract management -- divvying up the work, assigning deadlines, and making sure all the work gets done on time. Having a lot of money could help compensate for a lack of time, but just throwing more people on the problem can often have the opposite effect too.

The big problem with Index II, for example, was that it had a very short pre-production period, and that showed in some of the animation that (IIRC) was fixed up on the Blu-Rays. They could do 10 productions at once if they had enough different teams to manage it and enough contractors do to the animation work. The amount of in-house animators they have is rather inconsequential.

(I must have missed why this thread got bumped after so many weeks, but oh well...)
Old 2012-04-20, 23:27   Link #1544
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well there are some crazy rumors about that rounbding the net, and are not so crazy to balieve since there is proof something big happened most that was showed on the comiket pv were completely redone or not even used in the anime.
anyways studios like bones and kyoani have already learned that they shouldnt be chewing more than what they can, its true they havent been doing any more fails since index 2, but i still hope for no index 3 this fall, for the reasons i already said.
Old 2012-04-20, 23:46   Link #1545
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well there are some crazy rumors about that rounbding the net, and are not so crazy to balieve since there is proof something big happened most that was showed on the comiket pv were completely redone or not even used in the anime.
anyways studios like bones and kyoani have already learned that they shouldnt be chewing more than what they can, its true they havent been doing any more fails since index 2, but i still hope for no index 3 this fall, for the reasons i already said.
Not the same, I don't know about Bones, but KyoAni is a much smaller studio than JC Staff and they clearly don't have the manpower to do multiple shows per season... Hell I don't think they can even do multiple series per year...

And once more, they are not the same team -_- they don't even share the same budget because they are working with different companies.
Old 2012-04-21, 01:13   Link #1546
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

kyoany worked on kon, haruhi 2 and the haruhi movie,they received some critics about that kon and haruhi 2 werent on par, and ever since they keep doing 1-2 projects a year, but yeah this is kind of different, a more similar case would be Aic this past fall, even thoug the animator abuse fiasco, they didnt chose a "sacrifice" like JC did, but in the end even if neither of the 3 titles had good animation the one they produced for aniplex was the "less worst" one.
Old 2012-04-21, 01:28   Link #1547
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's because Aniplex have been very generous with their projects, as I've recalled most of the big sellers of last year were by Aniplex, more so than any other company.
Old 2012-04-21, 03:22   Link #1548
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well yeah, even so im sure anyone doing LB! its not gona spare on it, and yeah index has grown a lot in the past years as a franchise, but giving they are already doing thet kumeta anime, accel world shorts, LB! for fall, i hope if an anime is coming its railgun 2.
Old 2012-04-21, 04:02   Link #1549
judasmartel
*Author

If Railgun 2 consists less of worthless slice-of-life crap and more of the Sisters Arc from Mikoto's POV and the Tokiwadai Queen Arc, then I'll watch it.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:13   Link #1550
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the (kinda) upside thing is that railgun did better than the others, so they migth be more open to put a good budget like index s1 had.
Old 2012-04-21, 15:49   Link #1551
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I still have hopes of finishing this year seeing the Acqua sending the Touma to the hospital.
Old 2012-04-21, 20:23   Link #1552
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
If Railgun 2 consists less of worthless slice-of-life crap and more of the Sisters Arc from Mikoto's POV and the Tokiwadai Queen Arc, then I'll watch it.
So was Railgun supposed to touch on the sister arc in the first place?
Old 2012-04-21, 20:34   Link #1553
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So was Railgun supposed to touch on the sister arc in the first place?
Not in the first TV anime, anyway. That story was still on-going in the manga at the time, and they worked with the original author to create new content for the second half of the show. If they do another season, they would be able to animate that content if they want to, but I'm not sure if they would or not. Of course we'll see.
Old 2012-04-21, 22:39   Link #1554
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Not in the first TV anime, anyway. That story was still on-going in the manga at the time, and they worked with the original author to create new content for the second half of the show. If they do another season, they would be able to animate that content if they want to, but I'm not sure if they would or not. Of course we'll see.
If the author worked with that, then why the author didn't work on that arc if said story was already done in the overall series and choose the filler instead??
Old 2012-04-21, 23:08   Link #1555
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If the author worked with that, then why the author didn't work on that arc if said story was already done in the overall series and choose the filler instead??
Because he wants to do it.
Old 2012-04-21, 23:28   Link #1556
Miraluka
Banned

Or because he didn't want to.
Old 2012-04-22, 00:52   Link #1557
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well the other good thing in railgun 2 migth be that they could do the sisters arc and the railgun side stories so that would save us from the moeblobish filler.
Old 2012-07-01, 23:56   Link #1558
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

ANN reviews episode 1-14 Streaming from Funimation
Old 2012-07-02, 00:02   Link #1559
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
HOLY SHIT! What is this?! An ANN Reviewer that actually says something good and reasonable about a series I like?! And it's not even Christmas yet !

Somebody call the press!
Old 2012-07-02, 00:08   Link #1560
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

B+? Nice
I look forward to what has to be reviewed of 15 -24
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1