AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-23, 18:17   Link #3341
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
You know, Solomon killing and replacing god? It's kind of the big issue that kick-starts the world ending mess.
its true the all the:"lets change the previous god rules" start the mess.....and..salomon is a idiot/naive
but, the reason behind the problems were the lack of action to preserve the peace.....or..the nonsense of preserve the actual world....just restart the whole world...all new...

..if we can replace god...i wonder how many gods have been in the past......well....sometime information bring bad consequences....and..i am talking to you alladin......damn..

Quote:
If we treat "magic" as "wealth", what Solomon did is very similar to what happened after a communist revolution ( tripping of rich people's properties for poor people ). And as usual, it lead to rebellion that has to be crushed quick and hard.
yeah, but i wouldn't put the word communism in this..it can change the meaning....is more like abolition of slavery and the human right( these changes weren't peaceful/pacific..a lot of issues with the wealth , commerce, lack of production, racism...... )
Old 2014-08-23, 18:50   Link #3342
Bogart
Banned

I'd side with Arba. I honestly fail to see what was wrong with the previous god, and I think that they were all really overreacting once they learned what kind of relationship they had with Il Illah and Solomon took advantage of their doubts and indecision. Basically everyone made an ass of themselves because they assumed too much.

As for destroying the world, I mean, what choice did they really have? Solomon became one with every living thing on the planet. If Solomon is your enemy, then everything on the planet is your enemy. If you support Il Illah and want to restore it to it's rightful place...you have to kill everyone on the planet. There was no other way.

Suffice to say, if you want to be totally objective about the whole deal, I don't think you could say one side was completely right. Solomon was king, but Solomon said he'd consult his friends and his friends said they'd keep him from becoming a tyrant. The magicians lost everything and while you might say that Solomon made everyone equal, when he was running around the planet building up his army and freeing the separate species, he didn't say "equal in power" he said "our hearts are the same". Finally, he seemed to be a closet atheist on a planet full of religious people, and then he killed their god.

Solomon's strongest supporters who had the most to lose got screwed.

Solomon made himself god after claiming to be a king that would listen to his friends.

He seems to be the only one on the planet that had no love for their god.

Basically Solomon committed numerous betrayals to create a world as he saw fit. If Arba and the rest hadn't set out to destroy him and his world immediately, Solomon would have won with the simple passage of time. Eventually everyone would have forgotten the old world and become too invested in the new one. No real way to seek a compromise or take half measures.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 20:04   Link #3343
dazo

Quote:
I'd side with Arba. I honestly fail to see what was wrong with the previous god, and I think that they were all really overreacting once they learned what kind of relationship they had with Il Illah and Solomon took advantage of their doubts and indecision. Basically everyone made an ass of themselves because they assumed too much.
different people think different things...
nobody want to know the destiny....is a tragedy(for example, oedipus the king), if you know what is going happen, you lost your will to live.

Quote:
As for destroying the world, I mean, what choice did they really have?
you really need to kill the world?, why don't just create a empire that follow Il Illah teaching....there was no necessity for a slaughter..

Quote:
you have to kill everyone on the planet. There was no other way.
who give you the right to kill beings the don't know a thing about your god...they were slaves all their lifes....

..this is just a fail state.... if you want to kill you need to get ready to be killed....were are the army in this issue..and when all is dead...whats is next?...oblivion

Quote:
, I don't think you could say one side was completely right. Solomon was king, but Solomon said he'd consult his friends and his friends said they'd keep him from becoming a tyrant.
true, but they were asking for a king, he didn't want a kingdom..yeah he is idiot, and his companions aren't brilliant either, they were happy just fighting for their "justices"

Quote:
The magicians lost everything and while you might say that Solomon made everyone equal, when he was running around the planet building up his army and freeing the separate species, he didn't say "equal in power" he said "our hearts are the same"
that is hypocrisy.....and what is "equal in heart"?...that is just a caste system..

Quote:
Solomon made himself god after claiming to be a king that would listen to his friends.
he is the king.. this is not a council, the didn't ask for a council ..its a bad thing..yeah....and he is not a (fully)god, he just "created" another path...he is going to get killed in the next chapter(99% sure of that)

Quote:
Basically Solomon committed numerous betrayals to create a world as he saw fit. If Arba and the rest hadn't set out to destroy him and his world immediately,
the goal was equality...he archived that .in a bad way, without thinking what is next..but as you can see in this chapter...all the species are now similar.

more traitors are the magicians that were fighting for the equality and at the end of the day they slaughter innocents beings.

Quote:
He seems to be the only one on the planet that had no love for their god.
what is love for god?

we cant love something beyond our understanding, and who tell you that god really love the humans...god have feelings? god really exist?

how you know that this god is the original god?
god is just a lump of power..that follow the "actual god" will....
..what is a god....

Quote:
Solomon would have won with the simple passage of time. Eventually everyone would have forgotten the old world and become too invested in the new one. No real way to seek a compromise or take half measures.
and a lot of being can exists in harmony ......

-----------------

and remember this, they don't want Il Illah either, the want freedom, check chapter 223.

so, as soon the destroy salomon world(and parallel worlds), they are going to turn against arba , and kill Il Illah .

Last edited by dazo; 2014-08-23 at 20:16.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 15:58   Link #3344
anonfr

Whoaa... Alibaba's dad?

Wasn't expecting that.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 16:51   Link #3345
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Whoaa... Alibaba's dad?

Wasn't expecting that.
Sinbad told Alibaba a long time ago that he learned economics from his father. That's when Sinbad received the sword that he would pass on to Alibaba. Now we're seeing that historic meeting in action. Also, I'm sure Sinbad will learn a lesson on how to treat women, since King Balbaad was a bit of a man-slut.

Btw, at this point in time Alibaba would be a toddler and has probably been evicted to the slums along with his mother and Morgiana hasn't even been born yet.

That's a nice thing about the Sinbad manga. It's fun to think about what all of the characters are doing at this time. Like En will conquer his first dungeon within the next 3 years. Mu will soon make his journey to the Finalist homeland. In 4 years Mogamett will initiate the coup de tat. Tidus will be created in 3 years or so. And so on and so forth.
Old 2014-08-24, 17:57   Link #3346
ChampDream
Alive

I like that we get to know more about Alibaba's father.
Old 2014-08-24, 18:51   Link #3347
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
I like that we get to know more about Alibaba's father.
Yeah, he's chaffing a bit at the burden of the crown. And it hasn't even gotten bad for him yet I don't think. In a few years, Kou will begin applying economic pressure and his health will deteriorate. Apparently he'll die young, maybe not even 40.
Old 2014-08-24, 18:57   Link #3348
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Kou didn't start applying pressure till he died and the crown was pass on to the useless son.

at this point Kou has only just started and is occupied with country in their surrounding area.
Old 2014-08-24, 19:01   Link #3349
Redhazard
Desert Man

Huh, wasn't expecting Alibaba's dad so soon.

Wasn't expecting him to be so burdened by the crown either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Don't forget the difference mindset of Solomon and other magicians. Solomon helped other species because he truly believe in " all species are equal". The other magicians believe they're doing god's order and still think they're superior to other species. Remember, Solomon kept telling them that what god truly want is " all species live happily together "- he never really try to lessen their faith and their superior complex. If we treat "magic" as "wealth", what Solomon did is very similar to what happened after a communist revolution ( tripping of rich people's properties for poor people ). And as usual, it lead to rebellion that has to be crushed quick and hard.
I don't really see this. The superiority part I mean.

Obviously some magicians took advantage of the other races, but other races also decided they were better than others as soon as they got the chance.

For the most part, most people were behind the "we are equal" thing.

The problem was Solomon's idea of equality was too different from everyone else's and dangerous because of it.

No one believed in it to the extreme he did. Not the other species. Not the humans. That's the entire point of everyone begging Solomon to be king.

People didn't want the equality Solomon wanted. People wanted to be free from David and live in peace with each other. That was equality.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 19:15   Link #3350
dazo

well.. alibaba dad is just as i was expecting......
Old 2014-08-24, 19:20   Link #3351
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Kou didn't start applying pressure till he died and the crown was pass on to the useless son.

at this point Kou has only just started and is occupied with country in their surrounding area.
No, it was said that what drove him to an early grave were his efforts to repel Kou's influence. If you insist, I'll provide a chapter number, but I'm almost positive.
Old 2014-08-24, 20:05   Link #3352
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
Sinbad told Alibaba a long time ago that he learned economics from his father. That's when Sinbad received the sword that he would pass on to Alibaba. Now we're seeing that historic meeting in action. Also, I'm sure Sinbad will learn a lesson on how to treat women, since King Balbaad was a bit of a man-slut.

Btw, at this point in time Alibaba would be a toddler and has probably been evicted to the slums along with his mother and Morgiana hasn't even been born yet.

That's a nice thing about the Sinbad manga. It's fun to think about what all of the characters are doing at this time. Like En will conquer his first dungeon within the next 3 years. Mu will soon make his journey to the Finalist homeland. In 4 years Mogamett will initiate the coup de tat. Tidus will be created in 3 years or so. And so on and so forth.
Thanks for the explanation I really didn't need, but I guess like others said, I knew he'd show up eventually; just not that he would show up so soon. I thought Sinbad would go to Balbahd eventually and meet him there, not for Rashid to just be wandering the streets and spying on Sinbad's imchuk connections.

I thought the person spying on him would be someone from the Yambala or something.
Old 2014-08-24, 20:22   Link #3353
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation I really didn't need,
You're welcome.

I didn't expect Sinbad to put on a performance for crowds to earn money. I thought he'd try his hand at being a gladiator, but it's also true that Sinbad makes money by selling books about his adventures. So this is where he learned he could do that. A nice detail and it once again shows how clever characters in Magi can be. If this were Fairy Tail or Naruto, they'd hit the bulletin board and take whatever jobs are available without even thinking much about it.
Old 2014-08-24, 21:13   Link #3354
anonfr

Quote:
You're welcome.

I didn't expect Sinbad to put on a performance for crowds to earn money. I thought he'd try his hand at being a gladiator, but it's also true that Sinbad makes money by selling books about his adventures. So this is where he learned he could do that. A nice detail and it once again shows how clever characters in Magi can be. If this were Fairy Tail or Naruto, they'd hit the bulletin board and take whatever jobs are available without even thinking much about it.
Yeah, I thought he would be a gladiator too, but that would be pretty time consuming so in the end the story thing made more sense. And it does make sense for how Sinbad of the 7 seas spreads.

I think the biggest difference, is that Naruto and Fairy Tail actually have bulletin boards with jobs to begin with; whereas magi doesn't.

Now I'm wondering how he'll end up in the coliseum after making the money he needed. It'll probably be something simple though.
Old 2014-08-24, 22:08   Link #3355
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:

Now I'm wondering how he'll end up in the coliseum after making the money he needed. It'll probably be something simple though.
In the chapter you see some Reim's soldiers wanting to arrest Sinbad or at least stop him from making money, so they probably find a way and throw him in the coliseum.
Old 2014-08-24, 22:27   Link #3356
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Alibaba gained a reputation in Reim as a gladiator and that opened doors for him. He took classes on government, economics, and gained knowledge of the world at large. Not to mention trained with the Shambal.

I imagine Sinbad will choose to become a gladiator for those reasons, since there are probably better ways to make money.

Come to think of it, I'm kind of wondering if the reason why Alibaba and Morgiana were neglected last year was so that Sinbad's story could be told and used to develop the outside world. I'd find it a bit upsetting if the Magi cast members were neglected so Sinbad's adventures didn't retread old ground.
Old 2014-08-24, 22:53   Link #3357
anonfr

Quote:
Alibaba gained a reputation in Reim as a gladiator and that opened doors for him. He took classes on government, economics, and gained knowledge of the world at large. Not to mention trained with the Shambal.

I imagine Sinbad will choose to become a gladiator for those reasons, since there are probably better ways to make money.

Come to think of it, I'm kind of wondering if the reason why Alibaba and Morgiana were neglected last year was so that Sinbad's story could be told and used to develop the outside world. I'd find it a bit upsetting if the Magi cast members were neglected so Sinbad's adventures didn't retread old ground.
Well, it might be something like that. But, the focus was Aladdin, which was good and it ended being my favorite arc. But, it's not like alibaba and morgiana were totally ignored, we know what they did and what they were doing. There were some more detail's that might've been cool, like Alibaba meeting Muu and such, but I think we still got everything we were supposed too from their stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
In the chapter you see some Reim's soldiers wanting to arrest Sinbad or at least stop him from making money, so they probably find a way and throw him in the coliseum.
Ahh right. You're right. I feel kind of stupid, that occurred to me but the thought didn't last. That's probably how it's going to go down.
Old 2014-08-24, 23:49   Link #3358
Bogart
Banned

Actually, the Hogwartz arc was about Titus (and Mogamett). Aladdin's contributions were small and he didn't really have any personal growth. He was pretty much a spectator, serving a role very similar to the other arcs he's been in. Sure, he'll have a big moment where he'll display his amazing powers, but he does not really grow himself.

Suffice to say, Morgiana could have really used a big arc to herself and globe trottin' with Yunan not only would have introduced us to many different household users from many different countries, but we might have seen Morgiana forming personal relationships outside of Alibaba and Aladdin.

I guess in the scheme of things developing a Magi is more important than a household user, or even possibly the main love interest for the secondary protagonist, but I still would have preferred Morgiana.

Maybe we'll get an omake series of Alibaba's and Morgiana's time away from Aladdin...
Old 2014-08-26, 04:01   Link #3359
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Alibaba's Dad was such a bro. Too bad he had the same trouble as his son: lack of confidence and worrying too much about his responsibility. Still, he seems to be much better in making money and trading business.

Btw, it seems like we're not going to have weekly chapter on Monday anymore due to new anti-piracy policies of Japan.
Old 2014-08-26, 04:36   Link #3360
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Alibaba's Dad was such a bro. Too bad he had the same trouble as his son: lack of confidence and worrying too much about his responsibility. Still, he seems to be much better in making money and trading business.
Alibaba's problems stemmed from feelings of guilt and a conflicted sense of responsibility. I think he didn't want to be a prince because he didn't think he had a right to be given what happened. On the other hand, he still felt obligated to help his country overcome it's problems.

Alibaba has generally not been one to think there was something he could not do. He has confidence in his abilities, but he is not reckless. Erring on the side of caution when allowed is not the same as lacking confidence. Basically he's not stupid.

If I had to guess his father on the other hand, his problem is that he doesn't feel as though the job is ever done. Whatever success he enjoys is short-lived. He doesn't like being the one responsible and perhaps feels trapped in a no win situation.

Maybe. I guess I could read up again.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen