AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 32 29.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 31.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 22.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-20, 09:50   Link #61
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
When was that?

Uh, no, I don't think so.

Check out the Romance thread for the character analysis posts written up by Justinstrife, they're pretty accurate in nailing the characters down.
Old 2008-06-20, 09:54   Link #62
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Exedore's head looks like a giant tumor. He was like this in Macross7 too.
Zentradi men are green and some wear err... jewel eye patches. They're probably high tech visors
Exedore's redesign was explained in Macross 7. It'd be much easier with Vrlitwhai though, they could just say he's aged a bit. I mean, the redesigns from DYRL may be canon for whatever reason, but they don't always have to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
But wouldn't it be funny if Quamzin is made some big threat then is immediately dispatched by Brera in a show of badassness.
That would be kinda cool. But we've got to remember this is Quamzim the seemingly immortal.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:07   Link #63
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:

Check out the Romance thread for the character analysis posts written up by Justinstrife, they're pretty accurate in nailing the characters down.
Um that's someone else's analyis...I have my own. I will post it when my kids go to sleep

Eurys...we're on different teams this time lol
Old 2008-06-20, 10:13   Link #64
Dingo
The polyphony

Dropped.

I gave this show the benefit of the doubt, but no, I can't stand this any longer.Macross should have stopped at Zero.

Though I have to give it to them, they mixed CG & 2D rather nicely.That's all it has going for it, the characters are almost as ridiculous as the stale, drawn out, lazy 'plot'.The character designs are an insult to any decently-designed-character(s) in the past 5 years.Fanservice, and the Music, well, I am not going to comment on those because it takes a certain kind of viewer to appreciate the extremely jPOPy soundtrack, same goes for all the fanservice.

Last edited by Dingo; 2008-06-20 at 10:37.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:31   Link #65
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Um that's someone else's analyis...I have my own. I will post it when my kids go to sleep
That's fine.

You know, I can smell the familiar tinge of wank in the air.

The last time I sensed it was my time in Final Fantasy VII fandom. Like Macross, it has its share of love triangles. Except the director was a bastard and left it totally open-ended for ten years now, and immature love triangle fans exploded into a level of internet harassment, name-calling, hacking, 500000 word essays all because the main hero has no clue how to choose his damn girl.

I hope the discussion on the love triangle remains sane and everyone is civil with each other.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:58   Link #66
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
When was that?
@ 20 : 42 Right after Sheryl says "Arigato Alto". He says "your welcome or any time Ranka." Sheryl's reply "That's NOT my NAME!

Btw...I am in lot fandoms too. I just never cared enough about any but Bleach, and IchiRuki enough to post...Macross is breaking my Suki Cherry. I finally came out of the Bleach Forum...The whole time I been here...I never looked at another...
Old 2008-06-20, 11:04   Link #67
Tsuchiro

Quote:
@ 20 : 42 Right after Sheryl says "Arigato Alto". He says "your welcome or any time Ranka." Sheryl's reply "That's NOT my NAME!
eh... no he never mentioned ranka... he said " Yeah, what did you say?".
Old 2008-06-20, 11:07   Link #68
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lol that's not what he said.

Sheryl: "Thank you, Alto."
Alto: "Did you say something?"
Sheryl: "...Nothing at all!"

I dread the day when the love triangle hits the peak. I know how passionate you can be about your pairing, so I expect the Romance Thread to explode to hell and back considering we have Sheryl x Alto supporters just as passionate, including me.
Old 2008-06-20, 11:27   Link #69
BleachOD
Banned

You are right cris<--name change ^.^ ...I take it back.
Old 2008-06-20, 11:29   Link #70
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Dropped.

I gave this show the benefit of the doubt, but no, I can't stand this any longer.Macross should have stopped at Zero.
I dunno... I was put off initially by the high school vibe but... I feel like they did a great job with it so far. It's Macross through and through. I can see what you're saying about the fanservice, but... seriously, where have you been the last 25 years if you're put off by the Jpop soundtrack?

Quote:

You know, I can smell the familiar tinge of wank in the air.
I hope the discussion on the love triangle remains sane and everyone is civil with each other.
Macross is typically good about resolving things, aside from M7. Although I think we're just getting f'ed with right now in general.

I can't really fault FFVII though... well, I can fault the movie... but thats another story.
Old 2008-06-20, 14:56   Link #71
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

ehh Alto is an ass ....he could have called Ranka before hand saying that he couldn't make it ..instead of sending Michel >_<
Old 2008-06-20, 16:22   Link #72
dee32

Why was Cathy taking a shower on the Quarter? Is she acting first officer/liaison for NUNS?
Old 2008-06-20, 16:25   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Is it just me or does Leon have something against Ranka?
Old 2008-06-20, 16:30   Link #74
RPNS

Good episode

But what the hell in the previews that can’t be him, he is dead Kamjin is dead right??
Old 2008-06-20, 16:37   Link #75
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

No, Quamzin never died. He survived after his battleship crashed into the Macross, and later brought two massive Zentradi invasion to Earth during the 2030s. He was never killed on the field.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-20, 16:53   Link #76
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
No, Quamzin never died. He survived after his battleship crashed into the Macross, and later brought two massive Zentradi invasion to Earth during the 2030s. He was never killed on the field.

- Tak
That's according to the PC-Engine Macross 2036/Eternal Love Song timeline. How much, if at all, SK is writing into canon from those games remains to be seen.

Quamzin is the poster boy for "cultured Zentradi who prefer the old lifestyle of constant warfare", however., so it's possible his death has been retconned.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:01   Link #77
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post

Quamzin is the poster boy for "cultured Zentradi who prefer the old lifestyle of constant warfare", however., so it's possible his death has been retconned.
We assume Quamzin to have died, but that was never confirmed, just as whatever happened to Megaroad I was never confirmed (aside from simply MIA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
That's according to the PC-Engine Macross 2036/Eternal Love Song timeline. How much, if at all, SK is writing into canon from those games remains to be seen.
Macross 7 certainly made some mentions of it.

Moreover, he did add the Konigs Monster from VFX-2 to Frontier, which we first seen in a game as well, mind you.

And while he officially disputed Macross II, he didn't make similar remarks regarding the ol' PC-Engine games.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-20, 17:11   Link #78
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes hai_san I meant Grace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Thank you for solidifying my point then, since my whole point was about how the English fans are going on about it. I don't recall saying anything about the Japanese fans.
Stop acting like a moron, first off I never said anything about Japanese fans so I have no idea why you brought it up (by the way going by online and magazine polls it seems Sheryl is more popular in Japan as well so qq more please!). Secondly my point is that Ranka fans are just as annoying so I have no idea why you're even arguing this unless you're to biased and blinded by tears to realize this. I have never said that Sheryl fanboys aren't overreacting, just that Ranka fanboys are just as bad. Look how horrible some of BleachODs recent posts are for example, look at Orion's early posts (lol @ this guy abandoning his SS Ranka after episode 6) with such great stuff like... "Sheryl is too old for the target demographics so Ranka will win" and "Ranka will win because she has short hair and Alto has long".

Just because there's more Sheryl fanboys (and as a Day 1 Sheryl fan this only happened after episodes 5-6 on English forums) doesn't make your side of things any less guilty when it comes to retarded shipping bullshit. Ranka fans had her and Alto al but married after episode 3 and whined so much that it woke up the dead during episodes 5 and 6.

Quote:
On next weeks episode of "When shipping goes wrong"
Old 2008-06-20, 18:13   Link #79
Lanis

Is that Breetai I see in the next episode preview!? The bald guy clearly had a face plate!! Someone post a screenie!
Old 2008-06-20, 18:20   Link #80
Westlo
Lets be reality

Here you go.

Spoiler for size:
Closed Thread