AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-18, 23:52   Link #381
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But I have a question, I know it is not a spoiler or anything like that, but why in the blue heck is Riku is the Keyblade Master but not Sora and I think Sora is better than him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_H...youtu.be&t=142

This was answered in dream drop distance. Long story short, Riku had the opportunity to prove himself more worthy than Sora. Granted, I'm sure Sora would've been deemed the new official keyblade master had that same opportunity been presented to him and their situations were reversed. Afterall, Yensid did indeed confirm that they were both worthy of the honor.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 00:32   Link #382
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
【KH2.8 & KHⅢ】JF2016

When should we have an English version of the trailer available?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 01:30   Link #383
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

This was answered in dream drop distance. Long story short, Riku had the opportunity to prove himself more worthy than Sora. Granted, I'm sure Sora would've been deemed the new official keyblade master had that same opportunity been presented to him and their situations were reversed. Afterall, Yensid did indeed confirm that they were both worthy of the honor.
But here is the question, what is Sora? Besides he went through more crap than anybody on that series. I am always confused about that.
Old 2015-12-19, 02:02   Link #384
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Who the hell knows, at this point? Nomura deliberately leaves plotholes in the KH games and doesn't fill them in until the next game's in development.
Old 2015-12-19, 02:04   Link #385
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But here is the question, what is Sora? Besides he went through more crap than anybody on that series. I am always confused about that.
I guess that just makes Sora another keyblade wielder in training. *shrugs*

Yensid based his decision solely on what he saw from them during the Mark of Mastery exam that the events of Dream of Drop Distance covered. Anything and everything else that Sora went through up to that point wasn't considered or factored into his decision.

On another note, I remember being disappointed by this turn of events when I first played DDD awhile back. But I'm pretty much over it now. I came to look at the situation from the same perspective as the Naruto series. Just like Naruto grew to Hokage levels despite being officially a Genin on the records, we all know Sora's more than ready and capable of achieving the mark of mastery. And being the main protagonist of the franchise, it means he's also most likely going to outperform all of his rivals in the end as well--whether he's a keyblade master or not.

Plus, maybe its just me, but I've always found there to be something special when an individual vastly outperforms whats expected of them from their current ranking/status (or lack thereof).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 02:18   Link #386
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Spoiler for Rant about Riku:
Old 2015-12-19, 02:53   Link #387
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Spoiler for Rant about Riku:
To be fair Riku did fight his own darkness by himself and actually manage to turn it to light, which is a feat that Sora haven't done. The first time he turned to heartless, Kairi helped him go back which in turn resulted in a series of unfortunate events. In 3D it was Riku who helped him go back from limbo.

Anyway, I don't think it matters much. He's not even a true keyblade bearer in 1 but who the hell could refute that he's a hero?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 03:10   Link #388
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Look at it this way: this just makes Sora a wildcard that'll still save the day.
Old 2015-12-19, 03:11   Link #389
Shadow5YA

Riku hasn't ever been "the bad guy" since the very first game. Every game afterwards, he has been the older brother who has been looking out for Sora everytime.

He was the one who protected Sora while he was sleeping to regain his memories, helped save Kairi when Axel tried to kidnap her, and of course, saved Sora again during Dream Drop Distance.

He has also more than made up for his mistakes in the first game, considering he has effectively cleansed the darkness inside his own heart, driven Xehanort out of it, and reestablished his right to wield a keyblade (even if that means less the more games there are).

He is also far more level-headed than Sora, much like Aqua was much more mature than Terra and Ven.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 03:22   Link #390
Chosen_Hero

^^^He didn't turn it into light he learned to control it, uuh yeah he does know how to at least at the level of.darkness that took him over in 3D, remember that Sora can:

1) Use darkness as an attack (KH2 whenever you have Riku in your party you can see Sora using dark blasts)

2) He can go through the dark corridors (which can only be done by those with control over darkness or the holder of the Keyblade of the dark realm, Mickey)

Sora was just overwhelmed by the amount of darkness that kept building up inside of him that was forcefully released and since he never even tried using that kind of amount it took over him, still doesn't mean he never had some kind of control over it since the only ones who don't have darkness in them are the princesses of heart, everyone else has some darkness in them.

Kairi turning him back isn't the reason for what happened to him in 3D, it was his merging once again with Roxas (Soras husk) and Ventus's heart, like I said, DiZ telling Roxas to "share some of that darkness" with Sora is what kick started it all since originally it was Ventus who was keeping it all in him, why else would Aqua, Terra and Ventus's darkness be mentioned to be one of the main causes? And guess who else was mentioned, Roxas a nobody with the potential use both light and dark and Xion, who are nobodies, who are denizens of the darkness.

What are you ralking about? If you mean Sora then I believe my post literally mentions reasons he IS a hero and more deserving of the title of Master, if you mean Riku, he was always going to have a Keyblade, so again you aren't making any sense.

@Shadow5YA

So him trying to kill Sora, trying to steal Pinnochios heart, kidnapping the princesses of heart, basically doing everything Maleficent asked him to do was him being "Like a big brother"?

Yeah, so level-headed that Ansme Seeker of Darkness took control of his heart and almost destroyed everything, let's be real Riku is the Terra of his generation, only difference is he has the chance to try and make up for what he did (still think he got off way too easy) unlike Terra who actually got completely taken over, both fucked up there is no two ways about it.
Old 2015-12-19, 03:40   Link #391
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
^^^He didn't turn it into light he learned to control it, uuh yeah he does know how to at least at the level of.darkness that took him over in 3D, remember that Sora can:

1) Use darkness as an attack (KH2 whenever you have Riku in your party you can see Sora using dark blasts)

2) He can go through the dark corridors (which can only be done by those with control over darkness or the holder of the Keyblade of the dark realm, Mickey)

Sora was just overwhelmed by the amount of darkness that kept building up inside of him that was forcefully released and since he never even tried using that kind of amount it took over him, still doesn't mean he never had some kind of control over it since the only ones who don't have darkness in them are the princesses of heart, everyone else has some darkness in them.

Kairi turning him back isn't the reason for what happened to him in 3D, it was his merging once again with Roxas (Soras husk) and Ventus's heart, like I said, DiZ telling Roxas to "share some of that darkness" with Sora is what kick started it all since originally it was Ventus who was keeping it all in him, why else would Aqua, Terra and Ventus's darkness be mentioned to be one of the main causes? And guess who else was mentioned, Roxas a nobody with the potential use both light and dark and Xion, who are nobodies, who are denizens of the darkness.

What are you ralking about? If you mean Sora then I believe my post literally mentions reasons he IS a hero and more deserving of the title of Master, if you mean Riku, he was always going to have a Keyblade, so again you aren't making any sense.

@Shadow5YA

So him trying to kill Sora, trying to steal Pinnochios heart, kidnapping the princesses of heart, basically doing everything Maleficent asked him to do was him being "Like a big brother"?
I assume you're talking about me, with a post taking a minimum of 10 minutes to write holy shit since it seems you missed a couple of posts after mine.

About Sora being a hero that's just me having an opinion about Sora and not intended to have anything to do with your argument. You might say I'm agreeing with you with that and I didn't have any slightest intent to argue with you about it. What I want to say is that even though he's not a Master, he's still a hero and pretty much still an important piece in the battle between Light and Darkness so personally, I don't care whatever Yen Sid made him to be.

Quote:
Kairi turning him back isn't the reason for what happened to him in 3D,
You missed the point. I admit that I didn't read your long-ass post whole fully but missing the point in such small post is another thing entirely. No, I was just saying that Sora didn't change back from Heartless to his normal self with his own power and more because Kairi helped him. I had no slightest intent to connect Sora's failure in 3D with Kairi helping him in KH1.

True Sora and bunch of others kind of helped Riku to help him control his darkness, but he's probably the only one that tried to confront his darkness in the whole series. Well, there's Terra too but his confrontation doesn't last more than one game. This is what I meant a feat that Sora haven't really done.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 04:37   Link #392
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Light and darkness have nothing to do with good and bad - they are tools in people's disposal, just means to help them achieve their goals. Sora and Riku have been very similar in their goals: protecting their friends and saving the world(s), but at the end of the day, they're both just kids, so of course their hearts will waver along the way...especially when every important figure in each world wants to influence them to join their side or serve their purposes. So, IMO it's not fair to diss Riku for using darkness (Zexion used light too, but he was a bastard, and Eraqus in BBS was so blinded by light that he contributed in Terra's downfall by rejecting him, which meant serving him to Xehanort on a silver platter).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 11:11   Link #393
Akashin

Quote:
Yensid based his decision solely on what he saw from them during the Mark of Mastery exam that the events of Dream of Drop Distance covered. Anything and everything else that Sora went through up to that point wasn't considered or factored into his decision.

On another note, I remember being disappointed by this turn of events when I first played DDD awhile back. But I'm pretty much over it now. I came to look at the situation from the same perspective as the Naruto series. Just like Naruto grew to Hokage levels despite being officially a Genin on the records, we all know Sora's more than ready and capable of achieving the mark of mastery. And being the main protagonist of the franchise, it means he's also most likely going to outperform all of his rivals in the end as well--whether he's a keyblade master or not.
It wasn't just that he only considered the events of his MoM (which isn't wholly unfair in and of itself; if somebody aces every quiz but bombs the final test, that's that), but that he basically told them to forget everything they knew up until that point that annoyed me. I get that it was the justification for them being level one again, but still, the two of them had been involved in saving the Worlds (on one side of the fence or the other) twice over; clearly they'd been doing something right before Yen Sid took over.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 12:10   Link #394
Shadow5YA

Quote:
basically doing everything Maleficent asked him to do was him being "Like a big brother"?
Who are you talking to? A straw man?

Because I explicitly addressed that Riku took care of every mistake he made in the first game during the rest of the franchise.

The franchise is bigger than just the first game, and Riku has more than proven himself since then.

Quote:
@Shadow5YA

So him trying to kill Sora,
Not even close. The first time Riku fought him in his Dark form, Riku only took his Keyblade.

When they had fought a second time in Hallow Bastion, Ansem had already taken over. And directly after the fight, we see that Riku was resisting, which was what bought Donald, Goofy, and Kairi enough time to escape.

Quote:
trying to steal Pinnochios heart, kidnapping the princesses of heart, basically doing everything Maleficent asked him to do was him being "Like a big brother"?
What? Most of them were taken by the big Disney villains organized into a team. Riku wasn't even fully on board yet, as Maleficent was making an effort to try making him jealous that Sora had found new friends.

Quote:
Yeah, so level-headed that Ansme Seeker of Darkness took control of his heart and almost destroyed everything, let's be real Riku is the Terra of his generation, only difference is he has the chance to try and make up for what he did (still think he got off way too easy) unlike Terra who actually got completely taken over, both fucked up there is no two ways about it
Terra has had more chances than Riku has. The events of Birth by Sleep happened before Sora and Riku's stories began. And unlike Terra, Riku has successfully defeated Xehanort's darkness in his heart and taken back his body.

I don't know why you're attacking a straw man and pretending what Riku did past the first game doesn't matter. Nowhere did I claim he was a good person in the first game, only that he has been one for several games after that.

If Riku wasn't a good person now, then Sora would have been taken over to the new Organization XIII.
Old 2015-12-20, 16:35   Link #395
cyberdemon

Quote:

The way it was said makes me feel that yen sid already thought of sora as a master but Riku was more appropriate to become a more specialized master that he was lOoking for.
Old 2015-12-20, 17:23   Link #396
Galaxian

Yen Sid did say that one of the things he was specifically looking for during the exam was a new kind of power. Riku got it and Sora didn't, therefore he "failed" the exam.

Sure, Sora didn't really get a fair chance to do so because of Organization XIII interference, so if it makes you feel any better, think that Riku might have won, but he didn't beat Sora because he was talking playing by himself.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-28, 12:07   Link #397
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

A new interview
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/28...arts-iii-xchi/
Old 2015-12-28, 12:19   Link #398
Shadow5YA

It is somewhat interesting that Mickey's absence in the first game was to look for Aqua, though in that case it still doesn't make sense why he just left her there for all that time
Old 2015-12-28, 12:24   Link #399
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Maybe she talked him into going back without her for some reason
Old 2015-12-28, 12:36   Link #400
Shadow5YA

That doesn't really make sense, since Mickey has the Kingdom Key D and could temporarily open the door for both of them to escape the world of darkness.

And even if Aqua did find something interesting like the Kingdom Hearts Xehanort was looking for, she should still be in a big hurry to get back to rescue Terra and Ven.