AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-13, 15:22   Link #401
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Question to the manga readers (I shall be one this weekend : Is there a reason as to why Lenalee was in that dress? If so is it something we'll find out soon?
Old 2006-12-13, 16:32   Link #402
gsfreek
wants Pizza Hut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Question to the manga readers (I shall be one this weekend : Is there a reason as to why Lenalee was in that dress? If so is it something we'll find out soon?
Rhode put her in that dress.
Spoiler:

As far as the episode goes, the quality was amazing. They edited out a lot of things though, which was to be expected.

I found a blog entry that covers most of the edits from this episode, I though you guys might like to check it out:
http://novastorm.animeblogger.net/dgray-man-episode-11/

Next week; the conclusion of this arc and Rabi! ^_^
gsfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 16:34   Link #403
Zishi

Quote:
Well I think it was just because Road likes to dress up people, thought I read it in the manga. Nothing special about it.

The censors were a little dissapointment in this episode, for us mangareaders. But otherwise it was a very good episode, maybe the best one so far in the series.

Spoiler:
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 16:34   Link #404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfreek View Post
Rhode put her in that dress.
I knew Road placed Lenalee into that dress - i was just wondering if there was a reason behind it.
Old 2006-12-13, 17:22   Link #405
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ cause she has a fetish for human sized dolls? seriously maybe its just her habit of teasing with allen to make him fired up ~ "i messed with your GF hahaha!" kinda thing

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 17:24   Link #406
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ cause she has a fetish for human sized dolls? seriously maybe its just her habit of teasing with allen to make him fired up ~ "i messed with your GF hahaha!" kinda thing
My question was already answered by gsfreek. :3
Old 2006-12-13, 17:38   Link #407
evil-samurai

The episode didn't have as much fighting as I thought would be the case, not that it was bad but I guess I was expecting things to wrap up the episode. Anyway.. the episode was Great! and the Animation was as good as its ever been. Getting hit in the eye with that candel must of hurt >.> Though lucy for him Miranda was there.

Next week looks Interesting, but I'm sure Allen & Lenalee wont get rid of Road for good, too early for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
This would be the arc with the most Tim Burton-esque feel and mood embedded on it. Miranda in particular looks to me a character who came out of Edward Sccisorhands, Sleepy Hollow, or Corpse Bride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
I second that!
Same here! First time I saw Miranda I straight away thought of Edward Sccisorhands.
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 18:29   Link #408
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Loves this series to death XD
Been follow it up to ep 9 since i watch Shinsen-subs version and have just read the manga up to ch101.
What's wrong with all the differences in character's name. I thought it has been officially cleared up by the author. Check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_D.Gray-man

For someone who read the manga, dunnot check if u haven't read the manga. Extreme spoiler.....
Spoiler:
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 11:47   Link #409
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 11 was quite amazing. Granted, the information about Noah wasn't all that informative, but I guess they would leave the juicier bits for later. Road's performance was great-If only they hadn't changed the left-eye stabbing so much. I thought getting her directly involved in that would have raised the chill factor a little more, but not everything has to be similar to the manga after all.

The activating of Miranda's Innocence was better than I expected in action and it seems to show a more logical view of things: That she is already starting to feel the strain of doing so even after several minutes of activation.

The action next episode seems interesting. I'll see whether the anime can arrange the little scene between Allen and Lenalee from the manga.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 09:02   Link #410
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Three volumes of the manga has been released (And I have ordered them)
The third volume, where is it in the anime? Is there a lot of differences between the manga and the anime?
Old 2006-12-15, 12:33   Link #411
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
Three volumes of the manga has been released (And I have ordered them)
The third volume, where is it in the anime? Is there a lot of differences between the manga and the anime?
It's around episodes 7 or 8 to 11 (speculated), I believe. No, there aren't a lot of important differences between the manga and the anime except for the censoring of some bloodier scenes and maybe downplaying any hint of relationships shown in the manga.

I've got up to volume 7 (couldn't get 5...sold out), and it seems that D.Grayman does indeed have the aura of shounen fare around its storyline and characters. The things Allen get to experience and see, though, makes you want to continue reading.
Old 2006-12-15, 12:36   Link #412
Zero The Rose Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellevar View Post
I really looking forward to this anime!

I can't wait

I definitely agree. This moment from the manga will be very good moment to end the anime. But we'll see what it's gonna be like. I hope whichever studio is going to pick this anime up won't screw it Especially I think about the dark climax of the manga. Let's hope it's gonna be fine and wait.
Allen die...how?
Zero The Rose Kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:39   Link #413
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Miranda Lotho's Feelings

Spoiler:

I haven't read the manga as of yet, but I too perceived that some scenes were downplayed to a slower rate that ate momentum for the climax duel, however, it is made evident that this is done to build-up for Miranda's character for the next episode.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 11:46   Link #414
ghostface

I like the way Road is portrayed in Ep. 11.
One part annoying brat that wears your coat for fun, one part bloodthirsty sadist.

The animators really succeeded in showing how utterly devoid of feelings she is.
The only thing that can rouse her from this numbness is some form of excitement and that only works for a while. She even admitted that whatever she's talking about regarding God's will is total nonsense. Everyone in the world is scum that may be fun for her to destroy.

She's rotten to the bone ;)
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 09:14   Link #415
Zishi

I just saw that there is going to be 52 episodes of D.Gray-Man which makes me quite happy so its not going to be outdraged by fillers like so many other never-ending shounen stories. I dont know if people knew this ^^
Old 2006-12-19, 09:24   Link #416
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZtriK View Post
I just saw that there is going to be 52 episodes of D.Gray-Man which makes me quite happy so its not going to be outdraged by fillers like so many other never-ending shounen stories. I dont know if people knew this ^^
Where'd you find out about this show being 52 episodes? Nothing official has been said about it.. so i thought it would just be 26.
Old 2006-12-19, 09:50   Link #417
Zishi

Quote:
Where'd you find out about this show being 52 episodes? Nothing official has been said about it.. so i thought it would just be 26.
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4549

Check episodes, well it might just be for the moment that I dont know, but usually they put real information there.
Old 2006-12-19, 09:59   Link #418
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
52 huh? tbh i rather it be 26...making it too long just ruins it if they decide to add lots of filler materials...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 10:45   Link #419
Rinslet
Freelancer

Sometimes 26 episodes aren't enough, 52 is the ideal number for me (at least for D.Gray)
Rinslet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 11:08   Link #420
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Actually, for those who are following the manga, 52 is indeed quite the appropriate number. It's been already up to episode 11, yet the Rewinding Town arc has yet to finish. Incidentally, the arc ends *gasp* at the end of manga volume 3, while I'm pretty sure so far the volume's been released up to 9 or 10.

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk