AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-28, 10:20   Link #81
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Noticed something in the latest episode. The Elite Four were wearing differently coloured tracksuits.

Gamagori = Yellow
Sanageyama = Green
Inumuta = Blue
Jakuzure = Pink

They appear to be missing a Red to complete their Sentai Team... I wonder who that could be?
What if *everybody* is right?

Couple this with the earlier speculation that the show inverts good guys and bad guys -Ryuko dresses in black, has no redeeming skills, is constantly defeated yet keeps coming back to cause trouble, has a sidekick which is wacky and constantly causing trouble for her (even though there is that one episode where the sidekick becomes a bad ass), Ryuko fights with the Elite Four follow the formula for where the Four are the hero team and she's the antagonist... heck even during the Field Trip you end up cheering for the Elite Four over their victims.

Now suppose Satsuki *is* her sister...

What if it's not Satsuki who does the "heel face turn", but Ryuko? This could happen the normal cheerful way (Luke I am your sister) or through Satsuki dying (Kamina style) or being crippled (Dr. X style) so that Ryuko has to lead the team.

Either way, it leaves an obvious powervacum for a Satsuki antagonist - and Mako would fall into the side-villian powered up slot very nicely (obviously backed by Nui).
Old 2014-01-31, 15:22   Link #82
SinsI

Hmm, new OP shows both Ryuuko and Satsuki fighting not only each other - but hordes of one star students... Does this imply someone is going to turn them against Satsuki?
Old 2014-01-31, 21:35   Link #83
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Hmm, new OP shows both Ryuuko and Satsuki fighting not only each other - but hordes of one star students... Does this imply someone is going to turn them against Satsuki?
Awakened Life Fibers might be a consideration.
Old 2014-02-03, 05:05   Link #84
Vito
Asshole.

New preview vid: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b0yx7

Unrelated bonus: https://twitter.com/bluerat08281/sta...77283736088576

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-02-03, 06:01   Link #85
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I'd say get ready for some crazy stuff next episode. Any time you have a 30 second spot that only shows about 3 seconds of actual footage, it's hiding something...
Old 2014-02-03, 10:58   Link #86
v1cious

Take this however you like, but the CEO of Trigger is urging people not to spoil things from 17 on: https://twitter.com/tuka_trg/status/430292838769627136
Old 2014-02-03, 11:09   Link #87
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Take this however you like, but the CEO of Trigger is urging people not to spoil things from 17 on: https://twitter.com/tuka_trg/status/430292838769627136
Sounds like we're in for a series of big reveals/big events, starting with Episode 17. Exciting times!
Old 2014-02-05, 08:08   Link #88
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I hope we get the FEELS Gurren Lagann hit us with from here on out. :3

Also, I gotta stop seeing NERV in that looped preview.
Old 2014-02-05, 12:30   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Satsuki's father

I've been rewatching the series from the beginning and discovered in episode three a shot of him.

At least, this is the seventeen-year-old Satsuki's recollection of her father as seen through her eyes at age seven or eight five (based on episode 17). He appears in the opening of episode three where he is shown Introducing her to Junketsu. It's hard to see him as a young Matoi Isshin, though he does have a pointy chin. Given the slope of Isshin's cheekbone, it's possible he'd have the same chin if the beard were removed. Also, if these are the same guys about a decade apart in age, the years were not kind to Isshin.

But let's give age and childhood adoration their due and suppose it is Isshin appearing in that scene. I would conclude he made both his daughters' Kamuis.

According to Wiki, Satsuki is 18 and Ryuuko a year younger. They could both be the prodigy of Ragyo and Isshin, with him taking Ryuuko away and leaving Satsuki behind. Were Ragyo and Nui always in pursuit of Isshin and Ryuuko? It's not like Ragyo didn't have the resources to track Isshin down at any time.

The story told in episode sixteen has more the flavor of the disgruntled employee than of family conflicts. Perhaps Sensei doesn't know the real truth, or perhaps this is the story he is supposed to feed Ryuuko so she won't balk at fighting Satsuki. Given how upset Ryuuko is that Senketsu might have to fight his own kind, who knows how she'd react if she learns Satsuki is her sister.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2014-02-06 at 23:12.
Old 2014-02-09, 16:40   Link #90
Casshern

Going from Nui's ability to change her appearance at will and her inability to alter the appearance of her wound from the scissor blade, considering the nature of the scissor blade to destroy life fibers, as well as her mastery over life fibers, I think that Nui might have been the first person to survive being possessed by life fibers. If she's already possessed it explains why she doesn't need a kamui and how she can sense the banshou.

A bit of a crack theory here but, considering the parallels with TTGL and that life fibers are an alien life-form in the first place, it would be awesome ihmo if this somehow became about string theory (fibers/strings) and the "fabric" of space.
Old 2014-02-09, 23:03   Link #91
VirgilTheart
One Very Sexy Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
A bit of a crack theory here but, considering the parallels with TTGL and that life fibers are an alien life-form in the first place, it would be awesome ihmo if this somehow became about string theory (fibers/strings) and the "fabric" of space.
Yeah, I've talked with my friends elsewhere about this. If Trigger has any hope of actually topping TTGL in its craziness/epicness, I figured that they only have a couple of options that beat "throwing galaxies around," which is "throwing universes around" or dabbling about with the fabrics of space or reality. Considering how it seems that "fate" is shaping up to play a big deal here, I could see them going into string theory and tying that into Eastern mythology/religion.
Old 2014-02-10, 00:47   Link #92
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Going from Nui's ability to change her appearance at will and her inability to alter the appearance of her wound from the scissor blade, considering the nature of the scissor blade to destroy life fibers, as well as her mastery over life fibers, I think that Nui might have been the first person to survive being possessed by life fibers. If she's already possessed it explains why she doesn't need a kamui and how she can sense the banshou.
That's pretty close to my own personal theory. I think there's only enough "human" in her to explain the bleeding when she lost her eye. Or as I put it a while back, she's a T-800 "plushie". The "Ragyo" that Satsuki gutted this episode might be something similar. Heck, if giving "Nagita" the patch was only to set up her dramatic reveal, that might actually be Nui out there disguised as Ragyo.
Old 2014-02-10, 05:08   Link #93
Vito
Asshole.

Ep 18 extended preview http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bo2z6
Old 2014-02-17, 09:38   Link #94
v1cious

Ep 19 extended preview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cein7
Old 2014-02-21, 01:00   Link #95
Anime299

I haven't read ANYTHING, and this stuff is so far out in left-field, I doubt even Trigger would come up with it....
What we need to find out is that Ryuuko's father had a sister, and she ended up marrying a back-alley doctor - bingo, Mako is her cousin...! Also, I'm guessing Nui is going to be part of the end with her ability to disable a life fiber suit with one little cut. that will clear the way for Ryuuko and Satsuki to finish off Ragyu with the scissors.

Last edited by Anime299; 2014-02-21 at 01:03. Reason: Adding Nui logic, and fact I haven't read ANYTHING..
Old 2014-02-23, 18:49   Link #96
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
After having listened to the OST for several times, I have a theory.
The song "Before My Body is Dry" is about Ryuuko and Satsuki, that much is clear. So it makes sense that Satsuki gets one as well. There's no other song that could be about Satsuki on the OST, but I think there's one for Junketsu: "Suck you blood". But if those lyrics mirror Junketsu, then Junketsu is most likely loyal to Satsuki, and acting "insane" because he's not able to communicate with her. Of course, this song could just be about Senketsu, so I'm only guessing.

But Junketsu was made by Ishin, and I don't think it would be evil. I think it will reunite with Satsuki willingly, and will show his true power when accepted by her.
Old 2014-02-23, 22:26   Link #97
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
After having listened to the OST for several times, I have a theory.
The song "Before My Body is Dry" is about Ryuuko and Satsuki, that much is clear. So it makes sense that Satsuki gets one as well. There's no other song that could be about Satsuki on the OST, but I think there's one for Junketsu: "Suck you blood". But if those lyrics mirror Junketsu, then Junketsu is most likely loyal to Satsuki, and acting "insane" because he's not able to communicate with her. Of course, this song could just be about Senketsu, so I'm only guessing.

But Junketsu was made by Ishin, and I don't think it would be evil. I think it will reunite with Satsuki willingly, and will show his true power when accepted by her.
We don't know who made Junketsu. Isshin made Senketsu, but we're only assuming that he (as Souichiro) made Junketsu. It could have been someone else in REVOCS (Nui, even), and Isshin (Souichiro) later worked off of that template to create Senketsu.
Old 2014-02-24, 09:30   Link #98
immblueversion

Ep 20 extended preview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d8lk1

Spoiler:

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-02-24, 10:30   Link #99
v1cious

Looks like we're going full EVA next episode. This should be interesting.
Old 2014-02-24, 10:45   Link #100
Chaosskun
Seriously
*Fansubber

Ryuko didn't want to wear senketsu again
Closed Thread