AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-19, 13:24   Link #3361
LG-MAX

the end of the NT 3 was shown Touma's reaction when he found out he had been used by Birdway after seeing the news that the event at Hawaii had caused on the side of science, this is the real question.

Touma discovered only through a news that had been used and taken action. Accelerator is not capable of it too? The mental capacity it is lower than Touma?
Old 2014-04-19, 13:26   Link #3362
Birdway
Banned

No, how Touma got to arrive in Baggage City?

Do you remember how?

Touma said it himself, Kagun lead him to the city.
Old 2014-04-19, 13:33   Link #3363
LG-MAX

you do not understand my primary issue. I mean before Bagagge City. At the end of the NT 3, Touma realized he had been used, not through the tips of Kagun, but through a TV. Why Accelerator does not realize it? he is unable to associate their actions in Hawaii with the rupture of the 27 organizations with the A.C?? he's the kind of person who would be at peace knowing that was used by someone to cause some strange event in the world? and look who I'm referring to before Bagagge City. he clearly took no action on Birdway for having used it.
Old 2014-04-19, 13:43   Link #3364
Birdway
Banned

Yeah, he have been used but that was just the superficial information you get on any TV on their world.

And I said it already, he can go if he wanted but...

That is up to Kamachi, just like he went full retard on NT3 and the issue about Saronia's power.
Old 2014-04-19, 13:54   Link #3365
LG-MAX

Quote:
And I said it already, he can go if he wanted but...
Dude, it's the Accelerator, the guy who seeks redemption. he was in the room where the TV was, he usually after discovering about having been used, it would seek more information, find out the purpose of Birdway, and make her regret (or at least try.). but the fact of history show that he apparently did not realize it, shows that even he might be retarded. But well, maybe he was distracted with some loli. nobody is perfect.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:00   Link #3366
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
you do not understand my primary issue. I mean before Bagagge City. At the end of the NT 3, Touma realized he had been used, not through the tips of Kagun, but through a TV. Why Accelerator does not realize it? he is unable to associate their actions in Hawaii with the rupture of the 27 organizations with the A.C?? he's the kind of person who would be at peace knowing that was used by someone to cause some strange event in the world? and look who I'm referring to before Bagagge City. he clearly took no action on Birdway for having used it.
Exactly. Accelerator would be pissed off. But at the same time it is possible he doesn't care that much because he has other worries, or he will do something to Birdway...

I don't really see him having that much squabble with Othinus. She didn't kill any of the sisters (in the real world) and the Will of the Misaka Network will likely side with Touma even if she lost her memory, because she already made it pretty clear that she is super interested in him in NT 7 (for those people who are proclaiming that she might lose her memory... when it doesn't really even matter...)

So, all in all, I don't foresee Accelerator getting involved. If he does get involved, it will likely be with a concurrent Kihara plot, not with something related to Othinus. Plus, Accelerator will have already had an arc where he dealt with "resurrected zombies", and I'm sure he'll believe Touma if Touma tells him about what he went through.

It takes a lot of guts just to tell someone else you made that choice in the first place.

I also don't get why some people like to rate volumes that don't include their favorite characters. What's the point? When a lot of people think it's the best thing ever because the writing style was up their ally and it was done superbly, people complaining that it's bad because it doesn't include their preferred character is pretty stupid IMO. This is because you basically don't have any right to say it's bad in general, because it's actually amazing for its intent. You just have no interest in said genre or whatever. So I find it annoying when the same people keep on criticizing the same scenes, just because it isn't to their tastes.

People who do so basically just give false information to other people, and end up wasting others time by giving an opinion that doesn't register as to whether fans of the genre will like it or not. It's only useful to other people who have the same exact preferences, and that's usually not useful to most people those complaints are being given to. I Would Like To Point This Out. It's just an opinion, but I would like to say that posts like that Do Annoy Me.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:01   Link #3367
LevelSeven

How i see accels char is that he has priorities, if he is gone for to long, LO and the others will be attacked...

and unlike touma who sees them in equal level of saving, accel would help them more....

A theoretical situation: touma has two choices =>
1. He lets Index being killed
2. He lets a unknown girl being killed
->> he has difficulties

accel =>
1. Yomi/Yoshi + Worst + LO
2. Four unknown female beings
->> decide for yourself, which one (1 or 2) would be choosed?

Quote:
I also don't get why some people like to rate volumes that don't include their favorite characters. What's the point? When a lot of people think it's the best thing ever because the writing style was up their ally and it was done superbly, people complaining that it's bad because it doesn't include their preferred character is pretty stupid IMO. This is because you basically don't have any right to say it's bad in general, because it's actually amazing for its intent. You just have no interest in said genre or whatever. So I find it annoying when the same people keep on criticizing the same scenes, just because it isn't to their tastes.
If you mean NT3: the whole volume was boring, it was simply and completly boring, i said it before but even accels fights had its limits...
NT9: two versions:
1. Only focusing on toumas char develpoment: volume = good +
2. Including the "fight": volume = ".......................ok? how can someone survive that?"
Old 2014-04-19, 14:05   Link #3368
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
How i see accels char is that he has priorities, if he is gone for to long, LO and the others will be attacked...

and unlike touma who sees them in equal level of saving, accel would help them more....

->> he has difficulties

accel =>
1. Yomi/Yoshi + Worst + LO
2. Four unknown female beings
->> decide for yourself, which one (1 or 2) would be choosed?
HMMMM I don't know. You might be wrong about the current Touma.

Also, you might be wrong about the current Accelerator. He did save other people in NT 7. We don't know how much he's changed since then... even if it was just a few days ago in-story...
Old 2014-04-19, 14:08   Link #3369
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
Dude, it's the Accelerator, the guy who seeks redemption. he was in the room where the TV was, he usually after discovering about having been used, it would seek more information, find out the purpose of Birdway, and make her regret (or at least try.). but the fact of history show that he apparently did not realize it, shows that even he might be retarded. But well, maybe he was distracted with some loli. nobody is perfect.
Did you even read what I wrote after the "..."?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post

->> he has difficulties
Of course, he is Touma.

Accel has his priorities clear as water.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:15   Link #3370
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Exactly. Accelerator would be pissed off. But at the same time it is possible he doesn't care that much because he has other worries, or he will do something to Birdway...

I don't really see him having that much squabble with Othinus. She didn't kill any of the sisters (in the real world) and the Will of the Misaka Network will likely side with Touma even if she lost her memory, because she already made it pretty clear that she is super interested in him in NT 7 (for those people who are proclaiming that she might lose her memory... when it doesn't really even matter...)

So, all in all, I don't foresee Accelerator getting involved. If he does get involved, it will likely be with a concurrent Kihara plot, not with something related to Othinus. Plus, Accelerator will have already had an arc where he dealt with "resurrected zombies", and I'm sure he'll believe Touma if Touma tells him about what he went through.

It takes a lot of guts just to tell someone else you made that choice in the first place.
Plus, Will is of the same opinion of the clones given what she is. And it's pretty openly stated what they think of Touma.

If Accelerator were to be involved, he would have been by now. He has only come in when it was influenced by science most of the time.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:16   Link #3371
Acer
Death to the infidels!

it was probably just a (poetic license) that Kamachi used for Touma, be the one to notice this and gain a greater development of character with the process. Since the Accelerator was not the only one, Mikoto and Hamazura also supposedly did not care to be used by Birdway. Honestly, I did not find it cool, or gave the impression that they are retarded or do they not take responsibility for their actions and choices, or are insensitive, but mainly gives a bad taste in the mouth of a point in history that was not, but could have been working in a better way.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:17   Link #3372
LevelSeven

Quote:
HMMMM I don't know. You might be wrong about the current Touma.

Also, you might be wrong about the current Accelerator. He did save other people in NT 7. We don't know how much he's changed since then... even if it was just a few days ago in-story...
directly? this was a theoretical situation...

i think my example is pretty accurate, i wanted to show with this why accel didnt go to baggage city or hunted birdway...

he cant stay away for to long, therefore is: chasing after birdway and destroying bagagge city not really a interesting option....
Old 2014-04-19, 14:19   Link #3373
LG-MAX

Quote:
Did you even read what I wrote after the "..."?
I have read, but I had already written that part, and did not want to waste words.

Quote:
he cant stay away for to long, therefore is: chasing after birdway and destroying bagagge city not really a interesting option....
but sit around and do not mind if someone took advantage him to do something with the world, is not something he would do, at least not now. If so he would not have gone to Hawaii.

Quote:
2. Including the "fight": volume = ".......................ok? how can someone survive that?"
What? Loops?
Old 2014-04-19, 16:39   Link #3374
BW95
Banned

Yen Press Adds A Certain Magical Index Light Novels

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Gotta start making backups!
Old 2014-04-19, 16:41   Link #3375
Birdway
Banned

Wow, it took long but it finally has been done.
Old 2014-04-19, 16:47   Link #3376
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

i'm gonna cry! This is the end
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-04-19, 16:47   Link #3377
BW95
Banned

So many concerns and worries. A work of art like Index is difficult to understand if you don't invest in it. This could easily become a bomb and end up licensed but discontinued due to unpopularity. Then we won't be able to get translations! NOOOOOO!
Old 2014-04-19, 16:50   Link #3378
LevelSeven

Quote:
but sit around and do not mind if someone took advantage him to do something with the world, is not something he would do, at least not now. If so he would not have gone to Hawaii.
therefore: he has something more important...
the pre Vol.22 or 3 would do this but he knows that staying away for to long will bring the others in danger....

so what would be more important:
his revenge or the savety of his loved ones??
Old 2014-04-19, 16:53   Link #3379
Birdway
Banned

Mission: Save a back for any and all archives/text on Baka Tsuki, NOW!
Old 2014-04-19, 16:55   Link #3380
Red
Broken Character

js06 will continue translating the latest index LNs somewhere else right?..RIGHT?!
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions