AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2017-01-25, 10:37   Link #1
aikayuno

Wink Horror Anime

Hello can some one recommend me some Horror Animes i used this list http://animemetrapolis.com/top-10/horror-anime-top-10 and ended up finishing them all watching, can some one recommend me some thing else
aikayuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 12:28   Link #2
ninja666

Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki. It's an older anime movie, but it's very creepy, violent, and f'ed up in general. Should be right up your alley if you're looking for a true horror and are not faint of heart. MAL link
ninja666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 13:15   Link #3
aikayuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja666 View Post
Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki. It's an older anime movie, but it's very creepy, violent, and f'ed up in general. Should be right up your alley if you're looking for a true horror and are not faint of heart. MAL link
I definitely gona check this one out thanks
Old 2017-01-25, 13:44   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This is my second experience reading lists from that site, and once again it seems focused only on relatively recent shows. Try "Bake Neko," the final arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its continuation Mononoke. Here's a fan-made trailer for Mononoke:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Other options:
Hakaba Kitaro
Mouryou no Hako

YouTube
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 14:02   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

If you enjoy Elfen Lied then might try Brynhildr In the Darkness. Made by the same author I hear. It doesn't always come across as horror but overall it's definitely rather horrifying. Also, can't help but suggest Madoka Magica. That series may be labeled "magical girl" but those witches are really, really scary. And that's not to mention the cute animal sidekick who's sort of infamous as one of the coldest psychopaths ever.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 14:46   Link #6
aikayuno

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This is my second experience reading lists from that site, and once again it seems focused only on relatively recent shows. Try "Bake Neko," the final arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its continuation Mononoke. Here's a fan-made trailer for Mononoke:

YouTube

Other options:
Hakaba Kitaro
Mouryou no Hako

YouTube
Thank you so much those are some lost in time shows with one i never heard about.I really like the style of 90s anime

@BWTraveller thank you sir for Brynhildr in the Darkness recommend as well
Old 2017-01-25, 15:41   Link #7
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Shiki surprised it's not on that list because it's my #1 horror anime. Yamishiba, 4 min tales of Japanese urban legends, lots of jump scares, currently 4 seasons. Bokurano horror mixed with mecha and kids. Plus Akira Ishida's best roll to date.Gakkou Gurashi, do not judge it on it's OP or first episode, it is SO worth it. Shin Sekai Yori deep and pyschological as well as having one of the truly heart pumping scenes I've seen in recent anime.

Also 2nd what SejiSensei rec'd
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2017-01-25 at 15:51. Reason: Forgot Shin Sekai Yori
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 16:10   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Shiki was going to be my suggestion too - really excellent.

Also, Ghost Hound. It's not horror per se, but it's more unsettling and disturbing that just about any horror anime out there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 16:40   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikayuno View Post
Thank you so much those are some lost in time shows with one i never heard about.I really like the style of 90s anime
Actually the Medicine Seller stories are from 2006, and Mouryou no Hako was released in 2008.

I like Ghost Hound, too, though I thought it a bit muddled in places because it tried to do too much.

Hakaba Kitarou aired soon after Mononoke in the noitaminA slot. It more comedic than the others, though it qualifies as horror as well I guess. Kitarou is a long-standing manga franchise which had been made into another show, GeGeGe Kitaro, aimed at younger viewers. Hakaba Kitarou hews more closely to the original manga and, I discovered, was uploaded to YouTube at the end of last year.

YouTube

Though those episodes are missing the really catchy OP

YouTube

The OP was directed by Nakamura Kenji who made the Medicine Seller stories, though the episodes themselves were produced by a different crew at Toei.

The closing arc of Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna has a Gothic horror feel, though that's much less true for the rest of the series.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2017-01-25 at 16:53.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-25, 16:49   Link #10
aikayuno

@White Manju bun thank you sir for Bokurano, this one is wanted to watch years ago,but forget the name of anime.Shin Sekai Yori i will put on my watch list as well cheers :P

@Gardian Enzo thanks for Ghost Hound recommend! will add this one to my watch list as well i like the art style of anime reminds me of hell girl ;P
Old 2017-01-29, 01:07   Link #11
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I don't know horror very well.

About the only two I can think of that I thought were worth watching was Shiki and Mirai Nikki.

Shiki in particular is a vampire show done right.

Links go to the respective openings.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote