AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2018-07-12, 09:56   Link #21581
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Now that Tenryuu Kai Ni is out of the way, we are getting closer to Agano sisters getting their long due attention, after Natori, Nagara, Kuma, Ooyodo, Yuubari and maybe even Katori and Kashima lol

Images
Ichiban
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Level 77. Requires Action Report. Come with Michishio Kai Ni Gun, +4 type 95 Depth Charge and +4 Type 22 surface radar kai 4.

Images
You're Already Spoiled
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Level 75. Need BP AND Action report. Come with Naganami Gun. Quad Oxygen Torpedo and +4 Type 13 Air Radar Kai.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 12:15   Link #21582
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Tenryuu looks really good.
Considering her equipment, the lv 84 requirement on the other hand doesn't.
Then again, her stats are surprisingly good compared to Tatsuta - the English wiki has yet to show her ASW stats though.

Not sure why Yuugumo needs a BP + AR though
She got almost the same stats Shiratsuyu has.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 12:34   Link #21583
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Updated kai ni list:

PNG version

I've added additional stats like the artists.
While 2016 was indeed pretty weak regarding Kancolle activities, it is worth noting it is around that time Konishi suddenly had an activity spurt, and it is only around 2017 Shizuma and Shibafu finally did something.
As far as I can tell, they probably worked on contracts renewals and whatnot (and since Konishi is officially a member of C2 as confirmed in the sasebo booklet, it makes sense his involvement skyrocketed around 2017 and still goes on right now).

The number of blueprint required for remodels increased a lot in 2017 and 2018, the latter inflated because of Musashi and Ise. Note that we got way more medals that year too, so there is that.
Old 2018-07-12, 13:06   Link #21584
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Just saw it - the shadow on her left leg is imho a bit too dark and makes her leg look a tiny bit strange. - That will probably solve itself when they are done with the HTML 5 conversion as that will come with a resolution increase.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-07-13, 03:48   Link #21585
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I am quite satisfied with Shiratsuyu and Yuugumo even if the later could had some better equipment with her Naganami gun. As for Tenryuu, as cool as her new artwork might be, wtf with those breastsm it's even more inflated than Isuzu.
Old 2018-07-13, 05:06   Link #21586
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A Cruiser to surpass anyone else in the world.
Old 2018-07-13, 06:35   Link #21587
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A Cruiser to surpass anyone else in the world.
*laughs in Abukuma Kai Ni*

Tennyuu still have awful specs.I'd rather take Yuubari in event maps.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-13, 07:01   Link #21588
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
As for Tenryuu, as cool as her new artwork might be, wtf with those breastsm it's even more inflated than Isuzu.
It is more problematic than that. To me, Ayaki screwed up the general anatomy and it is quite obvious if you compare her art with Tatsuta's: the problem with Tenryuu's body is the fact that her lower body is quite wide compared to the upper part of her torso.
For some reason, the torso and the shoulders are much narrower than the rest, while the breasts are "scaled" with the rest of the body. Because of this, not only they are as large as her head, but you get an unbalance impression out of it.
Old 2018-07-15, 04:45   Link #21589
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is more problematic than that. To me, Ayaki screwed up the general anatomy and it is quite obvious if you compare her art with Tatsuta's: the problem with Tenryuu's body is the fact that her lower body is quite wide compared to the upper part of her torso.
For some reason, the torso and the shoulders are much narrower than the rest, while the breasts are "scaled" with the rest of the body. Because of this, not only they are as large as her head, but you get an unbalance impression out of it.
You summed the issue up pretty well.
Tenryuu always had strange proportions, even in her base CG.

Interestingly, it seems to be an issue that only extends to the main CG, the damaged version looks like it has proper shoulder proportions.

Shiratsuyu isn't without issue either though.
Depending on the angle you look from, her skirt's shadow makes it look like her leg is a lot thinner, while the shadowed part is a completely different part of her body. One doesn't even have to look for it as it really jumps into the eye, especially when your screen is a bit angled to the side like mine.

Old 2018-07-15, 05:40   Link #21590
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Given than we don't have much information about next event yet, would it be wrong to expect it to be at least in two update or more?
Old 2018-07-15, 06:56   Link #21591
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Given than we don't have much information about next event yet, would it be wrong to expect it to be at least in two update or more?
I think they still called it a summer event so... imho late August to early October.

Old 2018-07-19, 03:55   Link #21592
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

They finally said it, late August.
Old 2018-07-20, 14:56   Link #21593
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A major incident happened to Rabaul server (cause unknown, most likely malicious connection overload), causing important damage to the database.
As they are working on that issue, they decided to postpone the next update (25th july) for 1st August.
Old 2018-07-20, 15:04   Link #21594
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
A major incident happened to Rabaul server (cause unknown, most likely malicious connection overload), causing important damage to the database.
As they are working on that issue, they decided to postpone the next update (25th july) for 1st August.
If that was yesterday it would explain the 2 disconnects and REALLY bad connection only for KC I suddenly got somewhere between 2 and 4 am - that was on Sakaki bay though.

---
On another note, in addition to my hard mode medals, there are 2 emblems shown in the report (left to it) does anyone know what those mean or where they came from?

Old 2018-07-20, 15:09   Link #21595
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Those were obtained after clearing the Leyte events. The gold one is for the first part, the white one is for the second part.
Those are also visible on a certain admiral desk furniture, and the white one shines differently depending if you cleared it in 甲, 乙, 丙 or 丁.
Old 2018-07-20, 15:17   Link #21596
AC-Phoenix
Detective

thanks.
I'm rarely on that page as I don't do ranking, so I never saw them before.

edit:
Just read another Takao and Atago k2 argument, with someone suggesting they could let the Anime artists draw the new cg. (Which we all know is unlikely to happen as they are bound to their studio)
In the middle of reading that I realized for the first time how easy giving them a K2 would be without pissing people off.

All that has to be done is giving them 2 K2s, like some destroyers and carriers already have, with the difference that those K2s would have the exact same stats.
The only difference would be that they get different CGs, and a symbolical 1 Ammo + 1 Steel remodel.

There wouldn't even be a need for a separate CG switch mechanic, as the only one one needs is already used on several ships.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-07-20 at 15:50.
Old 2018-07-24, 00:17   Link #21597
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Little Big Medium event. We are going back to save Europe! https://mobile.twitter.com/KanColle_...55673820102656
Old 2018-07-24, 03:56   Link #21598
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Obviously, it should be a good idea to grind a bit our european Shipgirl. I still have Z1 and Z3 at a somewhat low level, probably a good time to send them at 4-3.

Maybe this time, the russian one will be considered european.
Old 2018-07-24, 07:12   Link #21599
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Obviously, it should be a good idea to grind a bit our european Shipgirl. I still have Z1 and Z3 at a somewhat low level, probably a good time to send them at 4-3.

Maybe this time, the russian one will be considered european.
Well they do have a harbor there now...

Old 2018-07-24, 08:33   Link #21600
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

D-Day? A push into the Baltic? Hitting northern convoys? Or back south into the Med? Operation Torch? or just shenanigans?

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls