AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 11:58   Link #501
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinmimi View Post
Question 1: Why are the trinities have a different facial features even though they are blood siblings?

Question 2: Why is Mileina's hair brown?
The answer to both your questions is the same: anime character designs usually don't take any effort to make families look very alike, and Gundam 00 isn't much of an exception.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:13   Link #502
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What is the connection between the Gundam Unicorn and the Gundam Unicorn Banshee? Are they separate suits, or is the Banshee an upgraded Unicorn, or what?
To quote from the profile I put up on my website:

Quote:
The 2nd RX-0 unit currently undergoing experimental operations under gravity on Earth. While Unit 1 is known as the “Unicorn,” Unit 2 is called the “Lion.” The color scheme of this unit is entirely black, save for the gold colored antenna. Recovered by Martha Vist who seized control of the Vist Foundation and reconfigured, it was given to Marida to pilot. The Destroy Mode of the Banshee is different from the psycho frame luminescence: this units is gold. However, it is unclear at this time as to why that is.
@rebel one

I don't know where you go the fact that Marida named it herself... I don't recall reading anything like that in the story. And yes, Psycho Flame is a typo.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 05:06   Link #503
Knight
Eternal Love

Which Gundam is considered the strongest? I heard Turn A and Turn X's Moonlight Butterfly is capable of destroying technology or something so does that mean they're not only the strongest Gundams but mechs in anime?
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 05:23   Link #504
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
Which Gundam is considered the strongest? I heard Turn A and Turn X's Moonlight Butterfly is capable of destroying technology or something so does that mean they're not only the strongest Gundams but mechs in anime?
In real-robot anime, likely. I think they'd have a crapload of trouble taking on Gurren-Lagann, since it can regenerate any damage at will.

But yes, among Gundams, the strongest are Turn A, Turn X, and Devil Gundam (I include this because likely it can regenerate any disintegrating from the Moonlight Butterfly just as fast as it happens).
Old 2008-12-19, 23:26   Link #505
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
In real-robot anime, likely. I think they'd have a crapload of trouble taking on Gurren-Lagann, since it can regenerate any damage at will.

But yes, among Gundams, the strongest are Turn A, Turn X, and Devil Gundam (I include this because likely it can regenerate any disintegrating from the Moonlight Butterfly just as fast as it happens).
There's Phoenix Gundam too if you count that.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 23:48   Link #506
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
There's Phoenix Gundam too if you count that.
Well, I don't exactly know how the Phoenix Gundam's nanoskin and all of its other abilities work. I don't think its as powerful as the DG Cells, though, or capable of resisting the Moonlight Butterfly.
Old 2008-12-20, 06:22   Link #507
Slick_rick

Quote:
I don't believe the Turn X is considered a Gundam. The technology used by the Turn A Gundam was most likely came from studying the Turn X but I don't recall it ever be referred to as a Gundam and it was most likely not built by those on Earth.
Old 2008-12-20, 06:44   Link #508
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I don't believe the Turn X is considered a Gundam. The technology used by the Turn A Gundam was most likely came from studying the Turn X but I don't recall it ever be referred to as a Gundam and it was most likely not built by those on Earth.
No. The Turn X was built as a counter to the Turn A, though it was built by the Moonrace. Though it might not count as a Gundam simply because Corin didn't call it as such.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:24   Link #509
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

From what I've heard, the Turn X has a Gundam-style face under its helmet, and the Turn X was found, not built, and that the Turn A was built based on its design.
Old 2008-12-20, 16:03   Link #510
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
No. The Turn X was built as a counter to the Turn A, though it was built by the Moonrace. Though it might not count as a Gundam simply because Corin didn't call it as such.
I'm certain the Turn X was found not built by those on earth. If I remember the story correctly they said they discovered it drifting space and were in awe of its abilities. They decided then that if such a people existed that created such a thing they need to build more to defend themselves and they created the Turn A. Eventually the world split into two factions one possessing the Turn A and the other the Turn X. This lead to the war in which the Turn A eventually defeated the Turn X and destroyed all technology on earth.

The official name for the Turn A is SYSTEM ∀-99 (WD-M01) ∀ Gundam
"Turn A Gundam" while the Turn X is CONCEPT-X 6-1-2 Turn X. So I don't think it can be considered a Gundam even if it has Gundam like features and moves.
Old 2008-12-21, 17:26   Link #511
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ok, new question, which battle ship is the strongest?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 17:30   Link #512
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Well the White Base took a hell of a beating and it still looked like brand new in the next scene --- i don't know if that counts.
Old 2008-12-21, 20:09   Link #513
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Ptolemaios II I guess. Nothing else have something like the GN Field.
Old 2008-12-21, 20:44   Link #514
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I vote the Archangel. I haven't seen any other battleship do a barrel roll. Peppy would be proud of Murrue.
Old 2008-12-21, 21:11   Link #515
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I vote the Archangel. I haven't seen any other battleship do a barrel roll. Peppy would be proud of Murrue.
Murrue who? Its all due to the amazing skills of the best pilot in CE, Arnold Neumann.
Old 2008-12-21, 21:55   Link #516
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Murrue who? Its all due to the amazing skills of the best pilot in CE, Arnold Neumann.
Wasn't it Murrue who ordered it to be done? If so, then its her idea and she gets the credit for it, though Neumann certainly helps.
Old 2008-12-21, 21:57   Link #517
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Wasn't it Murrue who ordered it to be done? If so, then its her idea and she gets the credit for it, though Neumann certainly helps.
No Neumann did it as an evasive method. Murrue really didn't do much captaining until Destiny when she suddenly became Sumeragi Lee Noriega.

And I'm sure Talia wanted to do it as much as anyone else, but Malik Yardbirds just wasn't going to cut it. So give credit when credit's due.
Old 2008-12-22, 02:25   Link #518
monster

Quote:
No Neumann did it as an evasive method.
Actually, Murrue did order a barrel roll to be done back in SEED so the Archangel could use the Gottfried on a Goohn. Pretty silly, but yeah, and she got the idea from Sai.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 04:38   Link #519
Blaat

Quote:
Ptolemaios II I guess. Nothing else have something like the GN Field.
This. The only other battleship that comes close are those from V Gundam with their frontal beamshields but those don't surround the entire ship unlike GN fields.

Quote:
I haven't seen any other battleship do a barrel roll. Peppy would be proud of Murrue.
Erm, White Base did a barrel roll in MSG
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 04:41   Link #520
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Erm, White Base did a barrel roll in MSG
M-eh. Doesn't detract from the fact that I haven't seen it.

Besides, Archangel's outlasted White Base, from what I can tell. Didn't White Base bite it at the end of MSG?