AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-07, 23:03   Link #41
5il3nc3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Of course it had to be them. Oh well, time to sit around and see if someone else decides to do it.
I don't really know about these fansubs groups but what is wrong with gg?
5il3nc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:08   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
lol? While I liked the previous MS IGLOO, I gotta say, that first episode was pretty dumb.
Anything specifically that you would like to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5il3nc3r View Post
Unless you've ever run afoul of one of one of their members I wouldn't worry about it too much. Ignorance as they say is bliss.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:39   Link #43
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Gotta keep my pride down and watch their sub this time, since I can't seem to find anyone else interests in subbing this show .

Not in Kaioshin's case, I just hate their attitude toward the shows they subbed.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:08   Link #44
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5il3nc3r View Post
Most people here are pretty nice and care beary. GG people are like elitists, and more importantly, trolls. It's just how it is.

GG's work is not something I can comment on though.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 14:35   Link #45
DryFire
Panda Herder

Not so much elitists as we are trolls/asshats. We generally don't care, but I don't see why that makes our subs bad. We're not killing little kittens and polluting the environment.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 14:42   Link #46
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryFire View Post
Not so much elitists as we are trolls/asshats. We generally don't care, but I don't see why that makes our subs bad. We're not killing little kittens and polluting the environment.
I dunno, I personally like the troll stuff. But like I said to Koda, you guys really need to do Tytania, it was made for trolling. Screw the brackets, just make it the official GG version with your lawls. We have Anbu and Deer for the "real" story.
Old 2008-11-08, 15:47   Link #47
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Most people here are pretty nice and care beary. GG people are like elitists, and more importantly, trolls. It's just how it is.
No see, I'm definitely elitist whereas by GG's own admission they are definitely among the "more important" group. Thanks for helping people lose their innocence though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 16:03   Link #48
Eej
wat
*Fansubber

Quote:
I dunno, I personally like the troll stuff. But like I said to Koda, you guys really need to do Tytania, it was made for trolling. Screw the brackets, just make it the official GG version with your lawls. We have Anbu and Deer for the "real" story.
This is an awful idea.
Eej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 16:15   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not a bad first episode. Have to admit the death god lady felt a little out of place, though that's only during her first few scenes. Towards the end it felt in the right place --- a nice addition.

Gotta love that Hiyama Nobuyuki voiced Lewis. That voice and that outfit --- it's Shiro Amada all over again.
Old 2008-11-08, 16:16   Link #50
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eej View Post
This is an awful idea.
Why =[ it's pretty much just placing your blog spams into the episode.
Old 2008-11-08, 16:24   Link #51
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
No see, I'm definitely elitist whereas by GG's own admission they are definitely among the "more important" group. Thanks for helping people lose their innocence though.
"Lose their innocence"? How about everyone mosey on over to my drinking game then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not a bad first episode. Have to admit the death god lady felt a little out of place, though that's only during her first few scenes. Towards the end it felt in the right place --- a nice addition.

Gotta love that Hiyama Nobuyuki voiced Lewis. That voice and that outfit --- it's Shiro Amada all over again.
I don't know, I don't think any of her stuff felt out of place. As it should click by the end, the Death God chick was representative of the Zakus, she was like an extension of the general's metaphor, hence why she came from the sky and landed.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 20:05   Link #52
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
As it should click by the end, the Death God chick was representative of the Zakus.
She looked a more than a bit like Cima Garahau. Who was IIRC involved with arranging Operation British, which makes her an aspect of death from the skies.

But for Cima not being on record as a new type, I might be convinced she was the pilot of the third Zaku as well as the Death God.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 20:12   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
I don't know, I don't think any of her stuff felt out of place. As it should click by the end, the Death God chick was representative of the Zakus, she was like an extension of the general's metaphor, hence why she came from the sky and landed.
Hmm, maybe 'out of place' wasn't the phrase i should have used. I guess i was just more surprised to see such a figure in a production such as MS Igloo --- but i only thought that during her first scene right at the beginning. When she appeared while the general was asleep, it fell right into place --- setting the perfect atmosphere.
Old 2008-11-08, 22:03   Link #54
Hildolfr

I liked the first episode. Very refreshing to see what the war is like for the grunts who have to try and stop Zaku's with upgraded anti tank missles. That episode had intensity and grit, something you generally dont get with Gundam.
Hildolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:19   Link #55
creamyhorror

Quote:
Screw the brackets, just make it the official GG version with your lawls.
Wait, by "brackets" do you mean the comments in {}? Those don't even show up, so how do they count as any sort of trolling?
creamyhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 04:39   Link #56
Blaat

Seen it now, for a second there I thought they were retconning the other Gundam OVA's Shiro is black, his Zeon girlfriend/wife is a ghost and did I hear Bernie as one of the Dopp pilots in the beginning? And it appears that A-LAWS will be giving Billy Katagiri a Zeon Zaku (damn it Sunrise, why are you spoiling us)

Anyway silly 'lolol they have the same voice'-jokes aside. I thought the episode was decent, loved the gritty feel, I loved seeing a bunch of soldiers beating a Zaku (or trying to) and the graphics were great. Having said all that, I thought and I still think the entire shinigami part felt out of place (I truly hope she's not a 'newtype' ghost) and sadly enough the show did not grab me as much as the previous show (I blame it on the characters, I didn't care for them at all).
I will, of course, watch the second episode.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 16:44   Link #57
Icehawk

I give the first ep a 7.5 out of 10. While the much improved CG animation is awsome and the battles were good, I miss the more distinct epic narrative that the first series had. The first series also set us up with a continous cast of characters while this one was just more of a somber one off episode. So far the only character that could be brought over to episode 2 for this would be Major Colmatta and possibly the Shinigami. Overall though, its a solid effort for a half-hour OVA and I eagerly await the next episode.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 17:33   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
and possibly the Shinigami.
Going by this episode, it looks like the theme of this series will be connected to the shinigami. I could be wrong though.

& i like the fact that we'll be switching between characters. It's different to the first, and it means we'll be seeing different types of lead characters. There's a lot during this war.
Old 2008-11-09, 22:34   Link #59
nick2951

I downloaded the GG Fansub but am having problems playing it; the picture freezes though their is still sound.

Do I need another codec for it?
nick2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:42   Link #60
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& i like the fact that we'll be switching between characters. It's different to the first, and it means we'll be seeing different types of lead characters. There's a lot during this war.
The downside is that these characters won't have time to attach to the viewer. Although I don't think it's a problem, because this is about war, so it can gather enough emotion through the battlefield.