AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-12-03, 07:55   Link #32241
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
And no one "tests" when it comes to business. Not when it can potentially pose a risk in sales... There's only so much one can do to troll customers and making a new sellable frame an -exclusive- is not it.
I guess we'd have to wait for a MG Freedom RM Ver. and hope that'll use a new ZGMF frame.
Old 2013-12-03, 07:58   Link #32242
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I have a Throne Eins and Arche Gundam and they're pretty awesome kits cause you don't get that kind of design anywhere

There's also the docking of weapons for the Thrones which was a nice gimmick. However, the leg ankles kinda get loose over time and it does have a wee bit share of stickers. Nonetheless, the big guns and swords along with that slender long limbs would give a fresh building experience.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 08:19   Link #32243
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My only grief with Arche is Char color, otherwise it's nice addition.

(Yes I dislike semi-pink, and I can't paint major part worth half shit)
Old 2013-12-03, 09:15   Link #32244
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, wanting to buy 3 SD but conflicted what to choose (Originally want to buy HGMC Dendrobium, but it's out of stock)

Opinions?
Personally I'd go with: Wing EW, Sazabi, and Hi-Nu.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:28   Link #32245
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I got Throne Eins and Zwei and I really like em.
Personally they are some of my more favorite designs from 00 (plus you can't go wrong with big ass shoulder cannon)
Only concerns I can think of are what Aurelis pointed out but imo all part and parcel of the experience of building these kits.
They aren't perfect but generally far from being bad.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:32   Link #32246
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The Thrones have that unique base design, they could probably make a different series altogether with their suits alone.

Well, that's how I feel about them personally.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:35   Link #32247
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, overall I like Thrones as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
Personally I'd go with: Wing EW, Sazabi, and Hi-Nu.
Out of stock, not wanting to order online.
Old 2013-12-03, 10:47   Link #32248
Providenceangle

Quote:
Does your local hobby store do direct sales? Unfortunately next to no hobby stores do gundam in my area, but when they did, I could pay and they would order the kit for me. Of course that hobby shop was really good, and went out of their way for the customer(s).
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 10:58   Link #32249
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Does your local hobby store do direct sales? Unfortunately next to no hobby stores do gundam in my area, but when they did, I could pay and they would order the kit for me. Of course that hobby shop was really good, and went out of their way for the customer(s).
Their logistic sucks, entirely dependent on shipment from the HQ.

To be fair, this is a backwater town, having one that sell gundam already a miracle.

I think Wing Zero EW sounds legit, maybe Alex too. Then I'll decide between... whatever in 00 line.
Old 2013-12-03, 11:06   Link #32250
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Regarding the Throne Gundams, I have all of them in HG. I love them, sure they need stickers and maybe some paint, but they are still good kits!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 11:09   Link #32251
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Their logistic sucks, entirely dependent on shipment from the HQ.

To be fair, this is a backwater town, having one that sell gundam already a miracle.

I think Wing Zero EW sounds legit, maybe Alex too. Then I'll decide between... whatever in 00 line.
If you're going to choose 1 from the 00 line, then I would go with 00 Raiser or 00 Qan[t].

But you should really get them all since they're cheap.

SD Exia
SD 00 Raiser
SD 00 Qan[t]
SD 00 Raiser 7 Sword/G
SD Exia Repair 2
SD 0 Gundam (Type ACD)

They're all really good. I recently got them (again), and I'm just trying to find some time to build them, but take my time.

Or, the SD Shining and SD God are great SDs too, and I also just got them (again). =D
Old 2013-12-03, 11:34   Link #32252
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Yeah, overall I like Thrones as well
I see. If we're going with your list then, God and 0 Gundam are nice choices as well.
Old 2013-12-03, 15:15   Link #32253
Skye629

Suiton, how about you build a ton of kits or watch a ton of reviews before commenting? You probably just made up the statement that the HG Thrones are "crap"

They're EXCELLENT kits, their only downside being requiring more paint and patience than normal, both which are minor cons which can be easily overcome (and in the case of Arche the overall color is a bit off)

Otherwise their detail, poseability, gimmicks, and accessories are top notch. As a bonus they're also extremely easy to kitbash together

And as others stated on here, their overall design and looks are extremely cool and unique, as such they are quite fun to build

Eins was my first HG kit ever, and I do not regret my decision of buying it at all

On the topic of the Thrones....which do you guys think is better? Im on the fence about this:

Get HG Arche alone to fight my HG Cherudim

Or buy the other two Throne Units for epic Trinity Team Display?

Or perhaps just get them all for even more epic display? (this might be too much though in terms of what space I have currently.......)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 15:28   Link #32254
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I have seen and read reviews about the Thrones HGs, and they were not that good.
Old 2013-12-03, 15:29   Link #32255
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

@skye629: If space is an issue, I would get the Arche^^. But I really want to say: Get them all xD
Old 2013-12-03, 15:37   Link #32256
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I have seen and read reviews about the Thrones HGs, and they were not that good.
Care to share? The ones I have watched and read, mainly griped about all the painting which needed to be done, which is nothing major. And at worst I have only seen "average" reviews on some of their aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
@skye629: If space is an issue, I would get the Arche^^. But I really want to say: Get them all xD
Im highly tempted to get them all too, but yeah Im running out of space, and to top it off I got a ton of unbuilt kits and ones that are out of the display vase for repairs :/
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 15:51   Link #32257
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Care to share? The ones I have watched and read, mainly griped about all the painting which needed to be done, which is nothing major. And at worst I have only seen "average" reviews on some of their aspects

Im highly tempted to get them all too, but yeah Im running out of space, and to top it off I got a ton of unbuilt kits and ones that are out of the display vase for repairs :/
I feel you. I don't have any space left, but still have a big backlog with more kits on the way xD If you get the Arche to pose with your Cherudim, be aware that the Arche is a pretty big suit. It WILL take some space if you want pose it dynamicly^^
Old 2013-12-03, 17:46   Link #32258
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Spoiler:

Would this be a good start for HG 00's?
Old 2013-12-03, 17:53   Link #32259
Knight-of-Gold

Thats the start and end of HG 00 kits.

You've already asked this redundant question as well as say multiple times that MGs are superior and HGs are not worth it.

Stop trying to waste our time with you pointless pondering. Make up your own damn mind, we dont care what you do.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 17:55   Link #32260
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Thats the start and end of HG 00 kits.

You've already asked this redundant question as well as say multiple times that MGs are superior and HGs are not worth it.

Stop trying to waste our time with you pointless pondering. Make up your own damn mind, we dont care what you do.
But you cared enough to read the comment and reply back.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy