AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-21, 02:25   Link #3821
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Would be nice if it's "remastered" to reflect the upgrades underwent by the production team during the latter two seasons.
That would be too much to ask, though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 04:14   Link #3822
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I hope they remaster it. Heck in episode 1 in one scene Ruby's hand is detached from her body!

Edit - Ha!

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-03-21 at 05:16.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 19:30   Link #3823
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
More characters are going to die I guarantee it.
Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 21:28   Link #3824
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I hope they remaster it. Heck in episode 1 in one scene Ruby's hand is detached from her body!
The easiest in the process is re-rendering using the thing Monty used to smoothen the outlines and using the newer light rendering. (Still miffed about how Pyrrha's dress looked during the outside the prom scene with Jaune.) Set redesign and other things would take a lot more effort.

So far, V3's visual quality is already good, so I don't think they have to switch to Maya from Poser after this.
I am a bit concerned that production values would soar if they start using Maya, unless they have already switched out from the start.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-03-22, 01:25   Link #3825
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Personally, I want to see a Director's Cut of all 3 Volumes combined into 1.

I've always thought - especially with Volume 3 finally completed - that RWBY wastes a bit too much time on the not-so-important moments of the story. What reads right in wording doesn't necessary translate as the scene needed by an anime, and RWBY are filled with such moments.

For example, I would slash out Jaune Arc/Cardin moments entirely from the show. I would postpone Volume 1 Blake's whole arc, slash out the food fight (or run it as a short musical transition scene of sorts), have the White Fang mecha arc, remove Breach entirely AND THEN put Volume 1 Blake's arc here. Volume 3 starts, replace Sun Wukong's fight scene (because it's filler and pointless) with the jazz band and keep the rest. Things would feel so much smoother that way (at least in my opinion).
Old 2016-03-22, 11:18   Link #3826
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why would you slash Jaune's entire defining character arc? O_o
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 12:29   Link #3827
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Why would you slash Jaune's entire defining character arc? O_o
Because some people can't stand the fact that a male character is getting developed in their waifu show so they deem it unnecessary to the already thin plot of a pretty average show.

I personally hope they give him more screentime in the next season.
Old 2016-03-22, 12:39   Link #3828
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Because some people can't stand the fact that a male character is getting developed in their waifu show so they deem it unnecessary to the already thin plot of a pretty average show.

I personally hope they give him more screentime in the next season.
This, bascially. It would have been perfect for him to have an actual character arc (and take a level in competence) during the timeskip while Ruby was out cold, for what I hope should be obvious reasons.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 18:23   Link #3829
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
There are better ways to make that development than that Forever Fall Maple Syrup Conundrum.

Old 2016-03-22, 18:35   Link #3830
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There are better ways to make that development than that Forever Fall Maple Syrup Conundrum.
There are better ways Jaune could have been handled, full stop. It's been three seasons now, and it doesn't really feel like we've gotten progress from the idiot on the train in episode 2. At this point, I'm starting to wonder why he's even here.

Maybe the writers had the same idea; Season 3 basically gave his screentime to more waifu stuff and GRIMDERP.
Old 2016-03-22, 19:08   Link #3831
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
There are better ways Jaune could have been handled, full stop. It's been three seasons now, and it doesn't really feel like we've gotten progress from the idiot on the train in episode 2. At this point, I'm starting to wonder why he's even here.

Maybe the writers had the same idea; Season 3 basically gave his screentime to more waifu stuff and GRIMDERP.
Exactly. Jaune has really don't nothing so far. And his "leadership" abilities are extremely suspect. That's basically what's been held up as his best trait so far, in lieu of truly knowing his semblance. The exchange toward the end of JNPR's first Vytal Festival battle was amusing, but it didn't show me Jaune is anything more than a comedy element.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 20:04   Link #3832
Chosen_Hero

Ways Jaune could have (or could be) developed:

1. Give him a Ron Stoppable arc ending in him being the true hero (in my opinion still the best plot twist i've ever seen).

2. He could have been the one to see Phyrra die and his ability could have kicked in and it could have possibly stopped Cinder and then Ruby could have unleashed her "Speshul Ais" ability to protect him from the dragon grim thing (Oh look, two characters that have the potential to go against the OP villains and it was done in a way that you understand why that person was the reason their abilities were unleashed).

3. The show could have focused half of it's run time (which seriously needs to be upped to 30 minutes) to showcasing both teams and how each of them are progressing, thereby, showing us how they parallel each other and why they are important to the story.

4. They could (in a new season) reveal his true background (especially since all we have learned so far about him contradicts the Arc name - seven sisters... Reminds me of someone else, I can't be the only one that noticed that... right? - the fake paper could have belonged to someone else with the Arc surname) and finally shed light on his seemingly legendary family that are freaking War Heroes that he is trying so hard to live up to (a character doesn't do something like steal and forge important documents without a very, very good reason).

And those are just the ones I made up on the spot as I wrote, there have been many times other characters whose names are not in the title could have been developed even just a smidge but because rooster teeth is intent on following the rule of cool and only seem to care about showcasing the titled characters everything else (sadly) suffers greatly.
Old 2016-03-22, 20:17   Link #3833
Heir of the Void

Quote:
And those are just the ones I made up on the spot as I wrote, there have been many times other characters whose names are not in the title could have been developed even just a smidge but because rooster teeth is intent on following the rule of cool and only seem to care about showcasing the titled characters everything else (sadly) suffers greatly.
Let me put it this way. The number of ways that it could have be handled worse is something like the limit of 1/x as x approaches infinity, where x is the number of episodes elapsed.
Old 2016-03-22, 20:19   Link #3834
Eragon
Still Alive

I would rather they focused on someone whose not a fucking cliche - I'm really OP I just don't know it - character. Ren should have gotten the screen-time instead of dumb-boy.

I can't believe people want more time spent on a character they can see in every other harem or shounen show. Yuck
Old 2016-03-22, 20:20   Link #3835
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I can't believe people want more time spent on a character they can see in every other harem or shounen show. Yuck
Actually, we just want a decent character.
Old 2016-03-22, 20:21   Link #3836
Eragon
Still Alive

There are other characters available. I don't understand this fixation on Jaune.

Mercury, Ren, Nora, Velvet, Coco all are way better characters than him and still don't get half the screen time he does.
Old 2016-03-22, 20:22   Link #3837
Heir of the Void

Quote:
There are other characters available. I don't understand this fixation on Jaune
...Who? There's Author Avatar Ren, and.... nope, that's it.

Ironwood, maybe. I want Ironwood as Season 4 MC.
Old 2016-03-22, 21:50   Link #3838
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
There are other characters available. I don't understand this fixation on Jaune.

Mercury, Ren, Nora, Velvet, Coco all are way better characters than him and still don't get half the screen time he does.
Because people like seeing a character grow, especially one that starts at literally nothing.

Wait... how about this, I don't understand the fixation on characters that are already strong from the get go (coughrenmanhandlingtheteogrimsnakesbyhimselfcough coughteamRWBYbeatingeverythingeventhoughttheyarwsu pposedtobeintrainingunlessplotdemandstheylosecough ), where's the fun in that?

Now a character that learns step by step and we get to see grow with our eyes now that is a character you can cheer on and relate to (ex. Gon and Killia in HxH, Tsuna and his guardians in Reborn, etc.), power fantasies get boring after a while, meanwhile character growth leaves a strong impression and stays with you.

Also pointing out barely (read as: not really) developed characters as being "better" just because you like their design (because that is almost allwe know about them) isn't a valid reason as to why they are better than Jaune.

Example:

Coco: all we know is that she is a bunny girl and she copies others abilities and/or weapons, and even then we only saw her mimicking *gasp* team RWBY and other characters we already know and any impression we got from her came from those other characters not her herself.

Velvet:

Wears glasses (cause glasses are cool guys), and seems to dress stylishly? Or something like that (I don't really care about fashion) and she has a big gun that spews out nearly infinte ammo... that's all.

Nora and Ren: Are part of the list of "important" characters not part of RWBY (the " " means they can be killed off at any point).

They come from some village, are childhood friends, one is hyperactive while the other is quite to a fault... that's it so far.

Then we have...

Jaune:

Stole and forged copies of entrance papers to get into Beacon, seems to be from a long line of War Heroes, his own family seems to have babied him to the point where they didn't want him to become a hunter, has seven sisters who are over protective of him, has never had former training and was still accepted into Beacon even though the headmaster already knew about the papers being forged, has beeen said to hold a especially strong aura within him to the point where he can heal instantaneously and reflect blows, wants to live up to his family's legacy, just lost someone he cared about tight after finding out about their feelings for him.

Gee, I wonder why he seems to have his own fanbase.
Old 2016-03-22, 21:52   Link #3839
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Stole and forged copies of entrance papers to get into Beacon, seems to be from a long line of War Heroes, his own family seems to have babied him to the point where they didn't want him to become a hunter, has seven sisters who are over protective of him, has never had former training and was still accepted into Beacon even though the headmaster already knew about the papers being forged, has beeen said to hold a especially strong aura within him to the point where he can heal instantaneously and reflect blows, wants to live up to his family's legacy, just lost someone he cared about tight after finding out about their feelings for him.
This, exactly. For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
Old 2016-03-22, 22:03   Link #3840
Chosen_Hero

He is a hidden badass, the problem is that the writers seem to want to not have him take the spotlight away from the titled characters because they know how popular characters like Jaune tend to get once they find their badassness, and also because he seems to have the most interesting background out of any character so far that is not named Ozpin (and he is only more mysterious due to the fact that he knows so much and yet does so little).

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby