AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-22, 10:21   Link #6021
Lucidrago

In my view, Ryuuteimaru is the only familiar he needs.

Well again we can't just say that Issei will be getting another Maou descendant. That would be too repetitive. And the significance of someone who's a descendant of Leviathan. Due to Leviathan's depiction as a sea serpent and is equated to snakes of dragons in other mythologies like Vritra and Tiamat.

A descendant of Asmodeus and Beelzebub don't have close to the same significance than a descendant of Leviathan has as Issei's servant.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 10:30   Link #6022
fan

@Lucidrago that familiar was given to issei and it is going to be his harem palace. So issei need get a familiar the same way xenovia and asia got theirs. So if issei gets back her treasure she might become his familiar and if she doesn't become his familiar it doesn't really matter to me

Last edited by fan; 2018-07-22 at 10:54.
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 10:44   Link #6023
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
How is it repetitive and predictable? Even if it is what's wrong with that? As long as they are powerful with good abilities who cares? All I care about is him having a strong peerage. Him having old maou descendents means something too. Tiamats not joining Issei's peerage you guys should just kill that.
did you miss the part that issei's peerage is already broken as it is. he doesn't need more maou descendant in his peerage , just give him ultimate class devil class rook, knight and a pawn or pawns and its good. more maou descendant is really unnecessary.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 11:55   Link #6024
B214

I think it would be fine if Ise's remaining servants are weaker too. Just getting all strong servants from the start would just make Xenovia and the others looks stupid for training and would just be like how the old Devils would act, just gather powerful servants from the start.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:02   Link #6025
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
did you miss the part that issei's peerage is already broken as it is. he doesn't need more maou descendant in his peerage , just give him ultimate class devil class rook, knight and a pawn or pawns and its good. more maou descendant is really unnecessary.
Ok so his team will be even more broken so what? I don't see the problem. His opponents are broken, he's fighting against gods and beings above that level. I want him to have a the best peerage with strong characters whether there maou descendents or not.
@B214 how does members joining that are strong make others look stupid for training?
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:09   Link #6026
Lucidrago

Broken? Issei only has five servants. Rias is the one with two future Super Devils in her peerage. And she also has a knight with two Sacred Gears and have already achieved a Balance Breaker state for both. And also has five demonic swords. Koneko can use ki to perform senjutsu and youjutsu. And can also use touki. Akeno is the daughter of the Vice Governor-General of the Grigori.

And Issei's peerage is too OP?

Issei just used his queen piece on Ingvild. You do have to note that the queen typically tends to be the king's most powerful servant in a lot of peerages. And the queen piece has the highest value(9 pawn pieces) and allows for some really powerful beings to be reincarnated as devils.

Ingvild despite having a powerful Longinus has only just awakened it and still needs to learn how to use her powers. Right now she still needs to get used to her power and train.

Issei now only has one rook, one knight, and 8 pawn pieces left to use. His servants are going to be strong but not crazy powerful. Like they're not going to be bordering on Maou-class when he meets them.

Issei's servants are more likely than not going to be around his age. And are only going to be at the most as powerful as Xenovia and Rossweisse.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-07-22 at 12:24.
Old 2018-07-22, 12:11   Link #6027
B214

Quote:
Ok so his team will be even more broken so what? I don't see the problem. His opponents are broken, he's fighting against gods and beings above that level. I want him to have a the best peerage with strong characters whether there maou descendents or not.
@B214 how does members joining that are strong make others look stupid for training?
It would mean Ise may as well not trade them and gather all powerful servants from the start. Can you imagine if all the remaining servants turn out to be as powerful or stronger than Ingvild, what use is Xenovia and the others then?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:20   Link #6028
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
It would mean Ise may as well not trade them and gather all powerful servants from the start. Can you imagine if all the remaining servants turn out to be as powerful or stronger than Ingvild, what use is Xenovia and the others then?
Underestimating Xenovia potential of mastering Durandal and Excalibur well being a devil a little. Also, Asia has high demonic power plus a dragon kings scale mail.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:23   Link #6029
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Broken? Issei only has five servants. Rias is the one with two future Super Devils in her peerage. And she also has a knight with two Sacred Gears and have already achieved a Balance Breaker state for both. And also has five demonic swords. Koneko can use ki to perform senjutsu and youjutsu. And can also use touki. Akeno is the daughter of the Vice Governor-General of the Grigori.

And Issei's peerage is too OP?
It's funny how you say "Issei has only five servants" as if those servants were weak. A Rook that was able to create a seal that paralyzed 666, a knight that has Excalibur, Durandal, and Avalon, a Bishop who is a member of the Phenex clan, another Bishop who not only owns a Dragon King but also can use a BxB that easily defended attacks from a super devil, and last but not least a queen who has the potential to control Ophis and Great Red. They are certainly not OP right?
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:34   Link #6030
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Who said they have to be as strong as Ingvild? I think you guys over think this stuff too much. When I say descendents of old maous, I just mean someone with their bloodline not characters like Vali or Ingvild with Longinus or sacred gears. You also have to take into account the ememies he's facing which are god class and above. At minimum his new members should be high class to ultimate level. That still doesn't make sense what your saying, but I believe because you guys are over thinking what I'm saying your jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2018-07-22 at 13:19.
Old 2018-07-22, 12:38   Link #6031
Lucidrago

Rias has a queen who's the daughter of Barakiel and can use Holy Lightning, has a rook that's a Nekoshou who can use senjutsu and youjutsu, a knight with two Sacred Gears and five demonic swords, a bishop with a Longinus who's very talented in magic and vampiric abilities who's also a future Super Devil, and a pawn who's the Sekiryuutei.

Ingvild has yet to master her power. Just having a Longinus doesn't automatically make you OP. Right now trying to weaken and control dragons could easily backlash against Issei at the current point.

Well what I meant to say was that if you're going to call Issei's peerage broken, then what would you call Rias'?
Old 2018-07-22, 12:46   Link #6032
Lex79

Quote:
I don't know what do you consider weak, but we are at a point when the opponents Issei is going to face are gods, so of course the girls in his peerage need to be strong too if they have to fight alongside him. The comparison you make with the old devils doesn't stand because Issei is not someone who values strength and nothing else. And for Ingvild....I'm under the impression she's going to be mostly a support type that makes the others shine, instead of overshadowing them.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 12:46   Link #6033
Palmito

Quote:
Who said they have to be as strong as Ingvild? I think you guys over think this stuff too much. When I say descendents of old maous, I just mean someone with their bloodline not characters like Vali or Ingvild with Longinus or sacred gears. You also have to take into account the ememies he's facing which are god class and above. At minimum his new members should be high class to ulimate level. That still doesn't make what your saying, but I believe because you guys are over thinking what I'm saying your jumping to conclusions.
I understand what you're talking about and I also think Issei's next servants should be strong, but that should come with variety as well. Issei already has two people in the group that fight with demonic powers, it would be more interesting to have servants with different abilities. If Ishibumi plans to use Hades as the next big enemy he can easily add someone from Greek mythology to Issei's peerage. Like a demigod daughter of one of the Greek gods like Ares. She can fight with a legendary spear. Someone like that would be perfect for the knight position. Strong, and different from the other servants.

@Lucidrago: Rias' peerage is broken too, but you're talking as if Issei's peerage is not. As always you try to speak badly about Issei. Look at this, you speak well of Gasper as he will be a future Super devil, but speak bad of Ingvild that in the future has the potential to control the two strongest beings in the universe. lmfao
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 13:30   Link #6034
Norn
Dazed and Confused

In light of how the story is going and the enemies that are appearing, isn't it incredibly pointless to argue whether Issei's peerage is too OP? Isn't it asinine and backwards to want Ise to get weaker servants? For what reason? There's no logical need for it other than satisfying personal misplaced qualms around "balance".
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 13:44   Link #6035
Lucidrago

I really don't speak badly about any character. I just make counter arguments to you guys when I feel you're overhypinf certain characters. And the majority of the time, It's Issei you guys are overhyping. To certain extents, It's fine. But sometimes it gets to a point where it comes to downgrading certain characters.

I apologize when I go too far.
Old 2018-07-22, 13:53   Link #6036
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
I understand what you're talking about and I also think Issei's next servants should be strong, but that should come with variety as well. Issei already has two people in the group that fight with demonic powers, it would be more interesting to have servants with different abilities. If Ishibumi plans to use Hades as the next big enemy he can easily add someone from Greek mythology to Issei's peerage. Like a demigod daughter of one of the Greek gods like Ares. She can fight with a legendary spear. Someone like that would be perfect for the knight position. Strong, and different from the other servants.

@Lucidrago: Rias' peerage is broken too, but you're talking as if Issei's peerage is not. As always you try to speak badly about Issei. Look at this, you speak well of Gasper as he will be a future Super devil, but speak bad of Ingvild that in the future has the potential to control the two strongest beings in the universe. lmfao
I agree all I care about is Issei's peerage having strong members with good abilities. I just thought it would cool to see his peerage with member for the original Maou bloodline. Specifically from the Beelzebub, Leviathan, and Asmodeus bloodlines one of those full circle things. But whatever I don't care who joins as long as there strong
Old 2018-07-22, 15:05   Link #6037
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
lol let me see theirs issei , xenovia with 2 holy sword plus xcalibur shealth , Asia with her bxb , rosseweisse one of the best magic user who has misteiltein the new queen who's bound to strong with a SG And oh yea issei can now summon ddraig itself. and now you want 2 other maou descendant in his peerage if the do that the have to be super strong and above ultimate devil's. from the way I see it you want issei to have every future op character's. I'm not saying their supposed to be weak which is why say give ultimate class devil now
Old 2018-07-22, 15:10   Link #6038
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
And for Ingvild....I'm under the impression she's going to be mostly a support type that makes the others shine, instead of overshadowing them.
Considering that there's Asia and to a lesser extent Ravel, I don't think she will constantly be on support duty. Of course this depends on her talents and dispositions, but it's mostly due to those talents that I don't think that she'll end up becoming a glorified support. Even Asia doubles as a tamer and would be a scary wizard if she had it in her. (Despite her disposition, there's ways she could use magic and demonic powers in ways that don't have her hurt or directly harm people).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
As much as I'd agree with you on variety, I feel like we won't see much variety unfortunately. For starters, unlike Vali, Issei isn't the type of guy to specifically seek out very distinct talents. Even Rias, who has similar ability to attract others, has more thought put in her selection for her peerage (and even then most turned out to be power types ).

Someone from Greek mythology, do you have someone in mind? Surprisingly, there's a bunch of creatures from Greek myth that haven't shown up yet and a bunch of heroes that could have descendants somewhere.

Ishi hasn't really played with the possible people for evil pieces. Like, wizard being a knight for faster casting time, a bishop to boost someone's magical abilities, etc.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 15:28   Link #6039
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
lol let me see theirs issei , xenovia with 2 holy sword plus xcalibur shealth , Asia with her bxb , rosseweisse one of the best magic user who has misteiltein the new queen who's bound to strong with a SG And oh yea issei can now summon ddraig itself. and now you want 2 other maou descendant in his peerage if the do that the have to be super strong and above ultimate devil's. from the way I see it you want issei to have every future op character's. I'm not saying their supposed to be weak which is why say give ultimate class devil now
No they don't have to be over ultimate level once again your overthinking this, its really not that deep all I said is they can be of that bloodline who said they have to be crazy strong just because they are of that bloodline they could just be high class level or Ultimate class class level. Also they wouldn't be op anyway you do realize he is going up against god level opponents right? That the enemies themselves are op?

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2018-07-22 at 15:41.
Old 2018-07-22, 15:39   Link #6040
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
No they don't have to be over ultimate level once again your overthinking this, its really not that deep all I said is they can be of that bloodline who said they have to crazy strong just because they are of that bloodline. Honestly I don't get what your crying about.
lol crying you highly misunderstand me,I don't care about that I'm making conversation plus you never even bother saying how strong their supposed to be

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance, true harem