Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-19, 17:59   Link #30241
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
New Exclusive: I WANTZ

Gundam Front Tokyo Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Fenix (Destroy Mode) Ver.GFT

2500 Yen

^ Wow, that's an official release? I thought it's just a kitbash by a modeller. Looks pretty nice if I have to say so myself.
Old 2013-07-19, 19:22   Link #30242
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Wow, that's an official release? I thought it's just a kitbash by a modeller. Looks pretty nice if I have to say so myself.
HOMG! The v-fin is new, hahahahaha

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 20:49   Link #30243
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Now we know Banshee's Armed Armor DE will get vamped too! Lol
Old 2013-07-20, 20:59   Link #30244
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:

Gundam Front Tokyo Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Gundam Unit 3 Fenix (Destroy Mode) Ver.GFT

2500 Yen

JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
*stuff money into their mouth
STOP RESISTING AND TAKE IT
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 03:16   Link #30245
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

On another topic, I just finished building my humble HG:

This guy:

Spoiler for Gundam Aesculapius:
Mini-review:
Negative:
  • Gundam Aesculapius an old HG kit from Wing line (G-Unit, to be exact), so don’t expect great articulation. Arms and legs can only bend 90 degrees, the shoulders (while in Gundam mode) can't even rotate, waist can only move slightly (can’t rotate too) and the feet also can’t move that much.
  • You need to apply a lot of stickers (especially for the gold color). I personally don’t hate sticker, but since many people do, I figured I’d put this “issue” here.
  • If you hate the stickers, that means you will have a lot of painting to do with this kit. This might be a bad news for those who don’t like both stickers and painting.
  • The hands looks ugly when it’s not holding its weapons. Also, the inner side of the arms are exposed to give the elbow-joint an opening to bend which doesn’t look that good.
  • It only has two beam sabers as weapons (no rifle nor shield). Oh, and the beam-effect is molded with the handle as one clear part. You need to paint the handle grey or silver to get the proper look.
Positive:
  • The kit looks really cool and badass with its exaggerated transformable shoulders and sinister-looking head & face.
  • For an old kit, it’s pretty detailed and molded nicely.
  • It’s up to taste, but it has a great color-combination. The purple-white-grey-gold-black combination really complement the the kit.
  • The kit is solid. There’s almost no flimsy part in it aside from the front skirt. But even that front skirt doesn’t flap crazily whe you move it.
  • Bandai give you a sheet of peel-off decals which usually non-existent in non-HGUC kits.
  • The stickers (for what its worth) is nice and can be applied easily and stick firmly except the little gold parts on the shoulders.
  • The beam-effect for the beam saber looks really good and unique coz it’s made specifically for the kit IIRC, just like any other HGs from Wing line.
  • The transformation into Close-Combat Mode is nice and enjoayble. You just have to pop the head and fiddle with the shoulders and backpack a little, and it’s done ^_^.
  • The kit is really cheap (about $8 max here) as long as you don't buy it from Toys R' Us or something.
Old 2013-07-21, 07:42   Link #30246
Providenceangle

That kit is sick. The colour combo is really interesting. Too bad about the foil stickers on it lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 10:53   Link #30247
Appel

Quote:

2500 Yen

Welp, that is a thing now...
I recently saw that image on 4chan but I did not expect it to be an official release.

It's butt ugly in my opinion. Also what the hell is it even supposed to be? Will it appear in the OVA? Is it part of a side story? I just think this thing is completely pointless O_o
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:04   Link #30248
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Welp, that is a thing now...
I recently saw that image on 4chan but I did not expect it to be an official release.

It's butt ugly in my opinion. Also what the hell is it even supposed to be? Will it appear in the OVA? Is it part of a side story? I just think this thing is completely pointless O_o
Its gonna be in one of those Japanese promo vids for a project/product/event or something, thats it, a GFT Promo cash grab

@Obelisk: Nice kit! Where do you get those btw? Interested in seeing what else that line has
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:21   Link #30249
Appel

Quote:
Its gonna be in one of those Japanese promo vids for a project/product/event or something, thats it, a GFT Promo cash grab
Yeah. That's probably gonna be it. There is just no way they fully reveal a third Unicorn like that and then actually put it in the OVA^^
Old 2013-07-21, 17:39   Link #30250
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
@Obelisk: Nice kit! Where do you get those btw? Interested in seeing what else that line has
I bought it on a whim quite some time ago in a hobby shop in the city where I went to college.

There are five Gundam kits from G-Unit line (G-Unit is Wing side-story). Beside Aesculapius, they are:
Images
Gundam Griepe
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Hydra Gundam
Images
Gundam L.O. Booster
Images
Gundam Geminass 01
The kits actually look nicer when you see it for yourself, and you can make it look better with some panel-lining and painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
There is just no way they fully reveal a third Unicorn like that and then actually put it in the OVA^^
It would be surprising if they pull a "Perfect Strike" on that Phoenix like in SEED Remaster anime .
Old 2013-07-21, 19:34   Link #30251
Providenceangle

If you had enough patience and skill. I bet you could adapt current pose-ability into these kits. They really do look good! Just need a bit more articulation.
Images
Gundam Griepe
Old 2013-07-22, 01:52   Link #30252
Skye629

Quote:
I bought it on a whim quite some time ago in a hobby shop in the city where I went to college.

There are five Gundam kits from G-Unit line (G-Unit is Wing side-story). Beside Aesculapius, they are:
Images
Gundam Griepe
Images
Hydra Gundam
Images
Gundam L.O. Booster
Images
Gundam Geminass 01
The kits actually look nicer when you see it for yourself, and you can make it look better with some panel-lining and painting.
I like the Griepe and the one you built the best (going by looks), how much are these nowadays and are they of the HG 1/100 line? Or the 1/144 HGs?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:03   Link #30253
Providenceangle

Quote:
I like the Griepe and the one you built the best (going by looks), how much are these nowadays and are they of the HG 1/100 line? Or the 1/144 HGs?
Only site I've seen them on is HLJ. They are listed at 600-800 yen, with a August restock.
Old 2013-07-22, 05:21   Link #30254
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
So, you like Griepe? Me too. It’s the main Gundam after all .

I’d say it’s around $10 or less. Some store might charge you more due to the kit’s rarity, though I think Bandai still re-produce these kits. Careful not to be ripped-off.

It’s in HG 1/144 scale. Will be good companions for the upcoming HGAC kits, or better yet, Bandai might remade these Gundams in HGAC including some other Gundams from G-Unit manga which didn’t get made into kits. I know, the chance is miniscule, but one can dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
That kit is sick. The colour combo is really interesting. Too bad about the foil stickers on it lol
Can't believe I missed your post. Yeah, the foil stickers can be a real piece of work. Definitely not for someone who lacks patience in applying stickers or painting.
Old 2013-07-22, 06:21   Link #30255
Providenceangle

Quote:
Can't believe I missed your post. Yeah, the foil stickers can be a real piece of work. Definitely not for someone who lacks patience in applying stickers or painting.
If anything I should thank you. I'm seriously considering getting some of those kits. I've got some cool ideas to make it more badass!
Old 2013-07-22, 06:26   Link #30256
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
If anything I should thank you. I'm seriously considering getting some of those kits. I've got some cool ideas to make it more badass!
You're welcome. And by all means, go ahead. I'd like to see your finished work. Also, those kits are so cheap you might as well buy the whole set .
Old 2013-07-22, 06:41   Link #30257
Providenceangle

Quote:
You're welcome. And by all means, go ahead. I'd like to see your finished work. Also, those kits are so cheap you might as well buy the whole set .
Availability is the only issue there... Some people seem to think these kits are gold. I've seen them on ebay for 140 USD lol.

Edit: My gunpla came today yay... More projects to have go unfinished for months lol

Images
The Haul

Lots of work ahead

Images
MG Nu Ver. Ka

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-22 at 08:33.
Old 2013-07-22, 19:04   Link #30258
Providenceangle

Managed to get it dry built at least:

Old 2013-07-22, 23:15   Link #30259
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero:

Images

Dat neo bird mode

Edit:

Also, DAT BEAUTIFUL GOLD FRAME:

Images

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-07-24 at 08:29.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 04:20   Link #30260
Appel

I am starting to like the MG RX-78-2 3.0 quite a lot.
Why? Because it is a big RG kit that you actually have to build yourself.
I really like that you actually have to build the whole frame instead of just popping the limbs off the runner and slapping the armor on.
RGs are great, but they are boring to build in my opinion. The new MGs seem to fix the only problem I had with them! And since it is bigger than the RG Gundam I am also willing to bet that it's gonna be a lot more solid and won't fall apart as easily.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy