AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-15, 13:50   Link #501
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
so creppy design looks like KANON 2003 :O
o_O

It doesn't look anything like that at all! It's pretty and cute! >:I
Old 2013-01-15, 13:52   Link #502
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
This does remind me when we'll get an update on the series. I don't think we've heard anything since it was announced.
Old 2013-01-15, 18:41   Link #503
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
As long as they keep the odango-atama joke from Mamoru in instead of that stupid 'bakatte nani yo?' from the live action, I'll be ok with the couple. Though if it's going to be a direct adaptation of the manga, I'm really scared they might add that stupid
Spoiler for manga and anime end:

The manga might be darker, but it has a lot more of those inappropriate messages for young girls. Even the live discarded those ideas and made Usagi much more sympathetic, they probably figured by that point that doing that scene would kill the character and the story of the present.
Which is funny, cause I am hoping for something more like the live action version of their relationship. It is the only version of Usagi/Mamoru that I like.
Old 2013-01-15, 20:23   Link #504
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Oh, I think the live action had the best development between Usagi and Mamoru, even if I could have lived without the Special Act. While I didn't think the relationship was a 100% ok, specialy by the end of the show, it was still miles better than the manga and the anime, so I'm all for that. I just never, ever want to hear the 'Baka!' 'Bakatte nani yo!' exchange ever again. Maybe it was Miyu's voice, but by the time I got to the Special Act, I felt like throwing something at her, and I have no problem with the character otherwise.
Old 2013-01-15, 23:59   Link #505
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
This does remind me when we'll get an update on the series. I don't think we've heard anything since it was announced.
In summer, say the obi for the latest manga reprint.
Old 2013-01-16, 03:05   Link #506
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePaladin View Post
Which is funny, cause I am hoping for something more like the live action version of their relationship. It is the only version of Usagi/Mamoru that I like.
I actually liked their relationship in the Manga the best. It felt like it developed at a good, normal pace while the Anime, it felt too forced. It may have seemed extreme when Usagi killed herself in the present with the sword, but I can easily imagine some couples going through that kind of grief when they loose a loved one (or they think they loose a loved one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
God knows when we'll get an update, though I'm starting to loose my patience. We're in the middle of January and so far no trailer, no screenshots, no concept art, not even *any* bit of new info!

(well since it looks like I'm sticking around a bit longer than I thought, I really should get an Avatar and Signature for my Forum account here)
Old 2013-01-16, 05:26   Link #507
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post

God knows when we'll get an update, though I'm starting to loose my patience. We're in the middle of January and so far no trailer, no screenshots, no concept art, not even *any* bit of new info!
I expect a lot from Sailormoon since its the very first anime I fell in loved with. I think its the best Mahou series out there..... Sailormoon is a legend for me...
Old 2013-01-16, 12:02   Link #508
Chiibi

Quote:
I actually liked their relationship in the Manga the best. It felt like it developed at a good, normal pace while the Anime, it felt too forced.
Yeah....I like how she starting falling for him in the manga BEFORE she knew his identity. You didn't get that so much in the manga.

Quote:
It may have seemed extreme when Usagi killed herself in the present with the sword, but I can easily imagine some couples going through that kind of grief when they loose a loved one (or they think they loose a loved one).
*nod*
Most people see this as weak but the person normally just isn't in their right mind during the first stage of grief...which could lead to extreme reactions like that.
It also seems that with elderly couples, if one dies, the other soon follows. They just sort of.......give up.

In the manga Usagi's case: If you recall correctly SHE had to kill HIM with the sword because Beryl turned him evil. So Usagi couldn't live with that. Which is a little different than "I must die because he died and my life is meaningless." It's more of "I just murdered the person I love and now I can't stand the thought of living on, knowing that."
Old 2013-01-16, 12:58   Link #509
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Using spoiler tags for spoilers + tl;dr

Spoiler for for manga:

Spoiler for for anime:

Spoiler for for the live action:

I respect your views and don't mind that you favor the manga for your own reasons. I personally like some parts of all the different retellings. I like the role of Venus in the DK arc in the manga, I prefer some bits of the live action, most notably the romance, though I'm not really a fan of the series itself and felt that the ending was rushed with some parts not making any sense. I like the ending of the first season of the anime best, and overall, I prefer the other 4 arcs in the manga to the anime.
Old 2013-01-16, 16:05   Link #510
Chiibi

Quote:

Spoiler for for manga:

I think children should be given more credit than what people give them.....>_> They aren't going to imitate every single thing a manga character does.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:01   Link #511
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am actually more curious about how they will handle the other scouts rather than just Usagi.
Old 2013-01-17, 08:39   Link #512
Konja7

Quote:
Using spoiler tags for spoilers + tl;dr

Spoiler for for manga:
I agree.

Spoiler for for manga:
Old 2013-01-17, 10:10   Link #513
maximilianjenus
[E]

I prefer not to use anime as a moral guideline , that way I can enjoy anime that has horrible people.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:41   Link #514
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Can't wait for it, thinking about watching the original Sailor Moon again, see if it holds up.
I remember it having a really kick ass transformation theme in the first season.
Old 2013-01-17, 11:37   Link #515
xizro345
King's Justice

It doesn't hold up. At all. Too many fillers, and inconsistent characterization, IMO. After S it goes downhill even more.
Old 2013-01-17, 11:46   Link #516
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I prefer not to use anime as a moral guideline , that way I can enjoy anime that has horrible people.
Even if you put the moral issue aside, there is still the matter of character development. Usagi in the manga, instead of getting stronger to protect her friends and the world, basically just gives up. They still won because she got lucky but...

The anime, on the other hand, clearly shows her character growth in the last episode (of the first season). At the end she is a strong-willed girl ready to fight insurmountable odds even though at that point she has lost almost everything she holds dear.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:38   Link #517
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

The anime, on the other hand, clearly shows her character growth in the last episode (of the first season). At the end she is a strong-willed girl ready to fight insurmountable odds even though at that point she has lost almost everything she holds dear.
At least she gets stronger in the Manga, as a character. By the time the Sailor Moon R Anime starts she becomes the same bumbling (and weak) character from the beginning of the first season. And this is how it is in the Anime, each season it looks like she gets stronger but then she returns to the same weak and bumbling character in the beginning of the series. In fact, she couldn't even take out a monster herself and Luna had to re-awaken the rest of the Sailor Soldiers. Many enemies in the Manga Sailor Moon took out herself but in the Anime, she almost always needed help from the other Sailor Soldiers. Hell, she would often get bitchslapped (err....no offense to the women here meant) when she faced an opponent herself! Compared to her Manga counterpart, that's pretty pitiful.

Some would argue that Usagi showed a weakness in character when she drove that sword through her chest. Some would even condemn her as a coward. I personally think she shouldn't have left her friends like that. But I also have to understand that she was stricken with alot of grief, and that is what makes her human. I mean, she's a 14 year old girl who got shoved in this battle against evil when she wasn't completely mentally prepared. And having to *kill* the man she loved (especially when she had alot of regrets arguing with him and not getting to know him), that did drive her over the edge with grief. Already loosing a loved one can drive some adults with enough grief that they kill themselves on the spot. So I can easily see why she was overcome with enough grief to kill herself on the spot, even though I didn't agree with her actions.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:46   Link #518
Kazu-kun

Quote:
At least she gets stronger in the Manga
Later on, but we're talking only first season.
Old 2013-01-17, 15:48   Link #519
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

S is my favorite arc for me with the outer planets introduce with their unique weapons (they are seriously cool especially Uranus and Neptune ), I still like Pluto alot (Pluto is still the 9th planet in my heart)
Old 2013-01-17, 16:13   Link #520
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
(Pluto is still the 9th planet in my heart)
Ah, yes, that. You and me both. If they even get that far this time, it's gonna be a little awkward.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll up the technology, they did with the live and Takeuchi even modified parts of the manga.

Tags
remake, shoujo