AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: School Rumble - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 22.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 6.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 10.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-27, 16:00   Link #41
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

Well I dunno, clearly:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-28, 12:58   Link #42
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I think it would have been much cooler if Harima stopped caring about Tenma and got over her, then she realized that he had been in love with her and regretted not reciprocating, cuz he was the one who really loved her all along.... kinda Cyrano de Bergerac style.
Old 2008-10-28, 21:36   Link #43
danielwbbr

what actually happens

i've been unable to get hold of the last two ova's and i'm desperate to know what happens at the end i.m so confused could someone please tell me what actually happens to every body please i'm desperate to know would really appreciate it.
Old 2008-10-29, 09:00   Link #44
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwbbr View Post
i've been unable to get hold of the last two ova's and i'm desperate to know what happens at the end i.m so confused could someone please tell me what actually happens to every body please i'm desperate to know would really appreciate it.
It makes me queezy just to reminisce over the most horrible ending ive ever come across. What makes it worse is the ending happens to belong to one of my fave shows ever! But since your desperate here are the spoilers-

Spoiler:

The ovas should be easy to find online...
Old 2008-10-29, 10:58   Link #45
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
It makes me queezy just to reminisce over the most horrible ending ive ever come across. What makes it worse is the ending happens to belong to one of my fave shows ever! But since your desperate here are the spoilers-

Spoiler:

The ovas should be easy to find online...
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-29, 14:08   Link #46
danielwbbr

thanks alot

well at least now i know so all those years of waiting for the conclusion and this is what we get, its actually sickening to think that this could happen, so in the end the 3 most interesting characters end up no where, just one more thing when you say Harima has return to his old ways is he still drawing his manga not that it makes much difference. Thanks everyone it's been eating at me for a long time now i'm going to go hang my self in the corner.............jokes but i feel that way anyway. One of the greatest anime turned into the greatest dissapointment of my life bar nun....
Old 2008-10-29, 15:13   Link #47
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

You should really just google the OVAs ("school rumble third term ova 1 & 2" or with similar words) and either ehh download them from file sharing sites since certain forums have links to the files, or just watch them from video sharing sites.

The OVAs weren't that weird in School Rumble terms, but the last minutes were just horrible as an ending, for once School Rumble should have been serious about it.

Like I didn't really explain that when
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-31, 20:39   Link #48
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

wah i want full 24 episodes season!! too bad that won't happen
Old 2008-11-02, 16:44   Link #49
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
wah i want full 24 episodes season!! too bad that won't happen
It's already in the bonus section of the dvd. To bad it's all summary.
Old 2008-11-03, 11:34   Link #50
danielwbbr

I might be completely wrong here but what is the chances that the last 2 ova's where just to give the guy sometime to finish what ever he is doing with school how crazy is it to think that there might be more coming.
Old 2008-11-04, 04:27   Link #51
Solafighter
Hige

The 24 episodes of the third season are in the first 30 seconds of the 25th episode ....
Old 2008-11-04, 21:58   Link #52
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

1-24 eps. 15mins in the summaries in the DVD bonus menu

ep.26 is less than 30mins.
Old 2008-11-05, 04:18   Link #53
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
1-24 eps. 15mins in the summaries in the DVD bonus menu

ep.26 is less than 30mins.
15 minutes outside the first ova?

Something, i havent seen yet...?
Old 2008-11-06, 11:16   Link #54
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's just narration of manga chapters with some b.chapters and scenes taken out. Though pretty surprised that the Yakumo scenes in the summaries had no cuts.
Old 2008-11-06, 16:05   Link #55
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It's just narration of manga chapters with some b.chapters and scenes taken out. Though pretty surprised that the Yakumo scenes in the summaries had no cuts.
Worth to watch/listen?
Old 2008-11-07, 10:24   Link #56
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Worth to watch/listen?
It's like they're summarizing the manga for you with scenes seen in the RAWS. Worth listening to take off all the confusion in the new ova, also is someone gonna sub it?
Old 2008-11-17, 02:55   Link #57
Slayerx

Y'know, i actually find the handling of the anime ending rather interesting...

first off, it has the same horrible ending of the manga, an ending that is made out of pure epic fail... and at the same time it cuts out A LOT of the material that comes in before the end of the manga; the material of which is from the best last few chapters of the manga... What i find interesting is that i actually like the anime ending more despite the fact that it kept the worst part and cut out the best

Here's the genius behind the direction...
The parts that the cut out are some great chapters... these chapters sent off of the shippers, spark the fans and make our imaginations go wild with the potential of what's to come... The director may have understood this, and that's why he cut it out (though it was probably just time constraints and thus it's really just a fluke)

you see, the true reason that the ending of the manga was such a horrible let down to the point where we want to damn KJ's name was not because of how bad the ending itself was, but because it was drastically different from what he expected from what the previous chapters showed... We saw the potential for something great, something amazing; it was the PERFECT set up for sequel... the potential of what school rumble COULD have been just made our mouths water with anticipation... But then... KJ didn't deliver... and not only did he not deliever, he gave us like the polar opposite of our expections... our sky high hopes for the series resulted in a horrible crash and burn of disappointment... it's like they say about hype; the higher your hopes the more the fall is gonna hurt (or something like that)

So what the anime did in it's adaption of the manga ending is slice out EVERYTHING that would have given us hope for the series and erase all the juicy potential, and just leave us with the bland ending...

The anime ending was rather uninspired and just plain mediocre... but this is actually a huge upgrade from the manga ending which felt like it should have been burned in a fire so that no future readers could ever lay eyes on it ever again (worst. last. chapter. ever.)
Old 2008-11-18, 11:00   Link #58
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Also as noted before in the anime Harima didn't that vision that Tenma likes him. It degenerates his character development as opposed to the final episode where he hadn't that imagination that Tenma still likes him and he has hope, but he's there more as a friend and the anime portrays that Tenma now has feelings towards Harima though he's already with Karasuma.

Too bad it ended like the manga, the anime still can have a sequel since it's like Rorounin Kenshin the good ending in the manga where they live happily ever after, but in the anime an OVA continued Kenshin's story which we thought he'd live happily ever after, but died with his wife Kaoru with his sickness.

IMHO SCHOOL RUMBLE ANIME NEEDS REDEMPTION!!! >___<
Old 2008-12-19, 22:47   Link #59
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Although when you think about it..... the terrible ending was kind of inevitable. I mean, SR is based entirely on a bunch of unreciprocated loves.... and they're all ridiculously passionate, too, so the chance of a win-over by ANYBODY who has a crush on someone who has a crush on someone else was near impossible..... take Tenma, for example. Could she possibly have gotten over her love for Karasuma to love Kenji? Could Kenji have gotten over his love for Tenma (which was ALL he ever thought about) to fall for Eri or Yakumo in the end? I wish it did happen, and I'd like to say it could, but quite frankly, it would have been a little bit weird.
(not to say I approve of the ending... damn the ending. KJ was out of his damn mind coming up with something like that. He better redeem himself T__T )
Old 2009-02-02, 17:53   Link #60
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Lightbulb Thinking.....

I waited a long time to see the last two because I'd heard about what a non-ending
the ending really was and figured "what the heck".

Ugh. Several things really rubbed me the wrong way.

First of all, this was most definetely a "we can't afford a full season, we can't
even afford a half season, you get two episodes. That's it."

So it seemed that any extraneous silliness was wasting what precious time
we had on silliness that we wouldn't mind in the context of a longer production.

That being said, something that bothered me more than it should have:

Spoiler:

Another....

Spoiler:

And...controversial opinion:

Spoiler:

Sigh. I'll stop now.