lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Spoiler for Kurumi SS:

WOW this is twisted beyond twisted.....I read the chinese version of the SS

lilNewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 19:27   Link #3222
XFire
150% done

Okay, why do I hate Origami. That question is fairly easy to answer.
  1. She's a stalker and creepy as hell. Come on, she put traps in her house for the eventuality that Shidou came by.
  2. She is completely powerless in front of all the spirits, ruining any value as an antagonist
  3. Her motivation is cliche, and we aren't given any emotional buildup to make it work
  4. Her purpose romance-wise is to be a cock block. Seriously, she contributes nothing else
  5. Her use as a perspective from the human/AST perspective is handled much better by Mana
  6. She refuses to even consider that spirits could be good
  7. She continually tries to sabotage Shidoe's relationship with the other spirits. And jealousy aside, that relationship is what's kepping them from going on a rampage
  8. Last and greatest. Shidou feels nothing for her. He has no interest in her that has been displayed, and almost always openly rejects her way of doing things without trying to win her over. Her affections are completely one-sided.

Seriously, there is almost no point to her being in the story at all.
Old 2013-06-18, 19:39   Link #3223
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I know i'll get a massive bashing for this and i'm ready but Origami reminds me in a lot of ways of Sasuke from naruto. Ignore all the character concepts but look at the situation.

1. Both of them have lived to get revenge for the one who killed their parents.
2. Both have obvious targets. (Sasuke being itachi. Origami being ifreet.)
3. Both have a chance to kill their target and satisfy their revenge. (Sasuke of course does kill itachi)

Now look at what would've happened had origami killed Kotori. She would've gotten her revenge but she would've been empty because it would ruin the man she loves shidou. And she would've been left with nothing to live for.
In the case of sasuke he got his revenge but later learned he was set up and proceeded to become a darker character. And since all of the things madara did sasuke has been a massively odd character. Now imagine what would've happened if sasuke had been told madara's story before going to confront itachi instead of after the fact.

origami wants to believe shidou because if he's right then she gets to keep two things. 1 is her feelings of revenge and 2 she still has a chance to be with the person she loves.
Though unlike Sasuke, Origami has Shidou to talk her down.

Sasuke didn't kill Itachi though; Itachi was scaring the shit out of him before dying from over-exertion as he is already ill by then.
Old 2013-06-18, 19:43   Link #3224
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Okay, why do I hate Origami. That question is fairly easy to answer.
  1. She's a stalker and creepy as hell. Come on, she put traps in her house for the eventuality that Shidou came by.
  2. She is completely powerless in front of all the spirits, ruining any value as an antagonist
  3. Her motivation is cliche, and we aren't given any emotional buildup to make it work
  4. Her purpose romance-wise is to be a cock block. Seriously, she contributes nothing else
  5. Her use as a perspective from the human/AST perspective is handled much better by Mana
  6. She refuses to even consider that spirits could be good
  7. She continually tries to sabotage Shidoe's relationship with the other spirits. And jealousy aside, that relationship is what's kepping them from going on a rampage
  8. Last and greatest. Shidou feels nothing for her. He has no interest in her that has been displayed, and almost always openly rejects her way of doing things without trying to win her over. Her affections are completely one-sided.

Seriously, there is almost no point to her being in the story at all.
1.Character setting (Tohka is dumb as heck and have no common sense and you dont say anything ) and comic relief.

2.Spirits are overpowered in this world and she isnt the antagonist.

3.Tell that to all the other series that has this setting.

4.in her perspective Tohka and the others are the cockblocks.

5.Mana didnt suffer anything, she doesnt even know shes getting messed up by DEM and doesnt remember Shidou before the story started.

6.Spirits bring chaos death and property damage, and her parents are dead what else do you need. Don't go saying "(oh she should understand them individually instead of hating all of them)" Its easier to put everything in one label, thats called being human.

7.Shidou doesnt even feel anything to Yoshino and the Yamai Twins now that he saved them. are you saying kick them out of the series too?? Tohka happens to be active in the romance department just because she's close to him. And Kotori is in the sister-zone. how bout the AST? now that the DEM is shown to be more powerful, so should the author get rid of the AST too? all this are story settings, whats wrong for it to be put into the novel =.=
Old 2013-06-18, 20:55   Link #3225
tuckersister

Vol 8 seems to be a compile of side stories. Vol 9 will be the real deal.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 21:19   Link #3226
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Though unlike Sasuke, Origami has Shidou to talk her down.

Sasuke didn't kill Itachi though; Itachi was scaring the shit out of him before dying from over-exertion as he is already ill by then.
my point is that the two of them are similar and XFire all the reasons u gave are perspective points.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 21:41   Link #3227
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
While this is true, you would have realised that had Shidou really died back in the first volume, she would practically have been completely shut down mentally, especially since her actual target of aim was Tohka. Such is the strength of her feelings towards him. Once we understand the reasons, it might make much better sense than it does now.

However, I do agree with others who say her character is somewhat flat at the moment since she's done barely anything apart from the comedy hijinks and she's in need of more fleshing out, character-wise.
I would disagree with the shut down part, since we are talking novel here vol 1 shows that she was still consciously trying to avoid Touka's attacks after killing Shidou. Of course this is her in battle mode and after the battle it might be somewhat different but there's no reason to believe that she would be adrift. Since she still had to find the spirit that killed her parents.

I don't find Origami all that interesting to be honest. The only 'charm point' would be her action girl nature (tempered by her stoic personality) and her ecchi behaviour...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 21:54   Link #3228
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilNewBlood View Post
Spoiler for Kurumi SS:

You have to wonder if that Kurumi will end taking over KURUMI as a whole like Kakine Teitoku did in Index series.

Of course, the real Kurumi also has a thing for Shidou if my memory about Vol.7 dooesn't fails me, she was happy just because Shidou patted her head . I guess al these 'clones' shares a collective memory.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 22:51   Link #3229
cloud04
Scanlator

so you could say the school kurumi is the dere side for her XD
Old 2013-06-18, 22:56   Link #3230
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons

Wonder how the author is going to carry on from here....Kurumi

lilNewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:03   Link #3231
tm902541

Quote:
Spoiler for Kurumi SS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You have to wonder if that Kurumi will end taking over KURUMI as a whole like Kakine Teitoku did in Index series.

Of course, the real Kurumi also has a thing for Shidou if my memory about Vol.7 dooesn't fails me, she was happy just because Shidou patted her head . I guess al these 'clones' shares a collective memory.

After dinner see chap Kurumi "Kurumi Star Festival", it ends, I sad for Kurumi "clones"

But after watching vol 7, I felt the emotion being back. What do you predict Kurumi Shidou )

But if Shidou want. Kurumi has created clones "that time" and of course the two will meet again
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 02:57   Link #3232
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Spoiler for Kurumi SS:

Grrr...... You're a liar, Kurumi. I know you love Shidou, and we all know it. Just admit it, you two-faced b!tch. Yes, I'm talking to the "real" one.

I'm about to say, the one Shidou protected from Kotori was actually the 'real' Kurumi. Cause nobody other than the original can use the Angel. She was beaten down by Kotori, and yet he shielded her. I'm sure she began to like Shidou slowly because of his action of Taking The Bullet for her, I won't forget this.

Still, rooting for Shidou x Kurumi is more likely to look for a drama... But I love drama.

BTW, remember that we discussed about the original Kurumi and her 'clones' are very similar to the MISAKA network from the Raildex (Railgen/Index) series? It was concerning of the part about the memories of her clones can be assimilated into the original's mind. Well, I'm under an impression that the more Kurumi hangs out with Shidou, the more likely she'll lose focus regardless. Thus, she would slowly losing her focus on her goal as long as her mind is slowly clouded by her memories with Shidou piece by piece via her clones.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2013-06-19 at 03:12.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 03:44   Link #3233
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I was just marathoning Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night a bit ago, and y'know......

Tohka = Saber (obviously)
Yoshino = Rider
Kurumi = Assassin (she could also cound as Berserker or maybe even Caster)
Kotori = Berserker (because of her rage mode)
Yamai Twins = Archer/Lancer (they have a bow and a lance)
Miku = Caster (sort of)

Spread that around; maybe someone in Japan will do a fanart.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kurumi SS:

Geez, that's one dark SS. It needs to be said again; she'll be a hard one to win over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Vol 8 seems to be a compile of side stories. Vol 9 will be the real deal.
Okay, Date A Live Encore is NOT volume 8. It's been pointed out several times already, and volume 8 has been announced for September 20th. That has also been pointed out at least twice. I just quoted the ad for it on the last thread page.
Old 2013-06-19, 08:27   Link #3234
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Geez, that's one dark SS. It needs to be said again; she'll be a hard one to win over.
Shido:
But, darling, I'd still catch a grenade for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on the blade for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd jump in front of the BEAM for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
You know I'd do anything for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Oh, I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you wouldn't do the same

Old 2013-06-19, 08:31   Link #3235
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Shido:
But, darling, I'd still catch a grenade for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on the blade for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd jump in front of the BEAM for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
You know I'd do anything for you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Oh, I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you wouldn't do the same

Awesome theme song for Shido
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:35   Link #3236
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Awesome theme song for Shido
Implying that the original Kurumi tries not to give a crap of her feelings for Shido, even though Shido himself persistently trying so hard to win her heart via her "clone" or even herself personally. But she couldn't get away from the fact that she indeed do have a "thing" for Shido.
Old 2013-06-19, 08:44   Link #3237
Iggy_Pop

You know, sometime in the future, Shido will probably succeed in sealing Kurumi's power with his kiss, which of course would leave Kurumi naked. Now, being that Kurumi is, well... Kurumi, I wonder if she will use that moment to show all her body in all it's glory to Shido?
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:57   Link #3238
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
You know, sometime in the future, Shido will probably succeed in sealing Kurumi's power with his kiss, which of course would leave Kurumi naked. Now, being that Kurumi is, well... Kurumi, I wonder if she will use that moment to show all her body in all it's glory to Shido?
Yes, please.

Show all the glory for Shido's hot body. It would better if it bases on her happy ending from the upcoming VN game. And I'm more than happy to see that coming.
Old 2013-06-19, 09:01   Link #3239
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
u almost wonder though cause when he seals Kotori she's not naked u never know
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 09:29   Link #3240
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
u almost wonder though cause when he seals Kotori she's not naked u never know
I wonder why Kotori is not naked? when she transform most of her clothes got turn to ash.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy