AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-08, 22:44   Link #1741
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Random spoilers from Newtype posted by 2ch-ers (nothing too major I think, most probably be revealed in tomorrow's episode, or the poster supposedly speculates):

Spoiler for Stuff:

The conversation moves too fast for me to catch up if any of these are old information then just ignore.
I don't think what Ohsaka said implies that Haruto & friends will collect the Valvraves but rather he said that he can't wait for all the Valvraves to gather and move (or in context I'm guessing that means be active in the story?). It sounds more like hoping for all the VVV models to finally appear in the show or maybe even a scene where they all appear together.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 22:45   Link #1742
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleengine View Post
VVV are individual units, not parts refitted or whatever.
Saki will begin to approach Haruto starting Episode 5 (yeahh Sakiiiii !!).
Kibukawa (the male teacher) is a spy.
Kibukawa left all the work to Nanami (female teacher) and went underground.
Seems like Haruto and co. will grab all the VVV.

Are this fact stated by the creators of the anime valvrave? or just some prediction?
I think all speculation especially since most of it makes no sense. He said it was posted by 2ch-ers.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 22:47   Link #1743
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Knowing L-Elf, I don't doubt he'll try something wild and dramatic at some point, but I have my doubts that "ruining Haruto" will be it.

Haruto looks like a human, walks like a human, talks like a human, and thinks like a human. Yes, he's also a metahuman. But people will just see him as "guy with superpowers" if L-Elf simply tells people about Haruto's new powers. The only thing in the short-term that I could see turning people on Haruto is if Haruto goes into one of his vampire rages in the midst of a large number of students (i.e. a hundred or more). That could hurt his image. If L-Elf ever does try to "ruin Haruto", he'll probably do it by trying to force Haruto to act out like that.

On the whole, I agree with Vallen - L-Elf is a tactically brilliant supersoldier, but he doesn't appear to have Lulu's charisma or ability to effectively appeal to people emotionally. Lulu would make a much better politician than L-Elf would. And it's the skills of a politician that L-Elf needs if he wants to "ruin Haruto" and/or somehow talk this new student nation-state into supporting him.
Old 2013-05-08, 22:53   Link #1744
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I don't think what Ohsaka said implies that they'll collect the Valvraves but rather he said that he can't wait for all the Valvraves to gather and move (or in context I'm guessing that means be active in the story?). It sounds more like hoping for all the VVV models to finally appear in the show or maybe even a scene where they all appear together.
Yes you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out!
I read the page scans after the 2ch post, my mental process jumped the gun when I saw 揃って , so yours is definitely a better non-biased translation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Honestly, I can't understand any of that garble that you just posted. None of it makes much sense.
I can PM you the Japanese info if that's easier for you to read! My English seems to have deteriorated quite a bit after not visiting the forum as much! Sorry!
Quote:
Are this fact stated by the creators of the anime valvrave? or just some prediction?
I stated that the posters cited those information from the Newtype magazine, which is official source of information. I also mentioned that I do not have all the pages, so I too did not find all the info of which he gathered these.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-05-09 at 00:05. Reason: added the 2ch post
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:01   Link #1745
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
It should be, Saki has a good potential. I don't like Shoko at all. She's a air-head. I don't like noisy girl who gets emotional every time she talk. Saki is calm and has a story under the sleeve. Long hair and big breasted , she remind me of Anri from Durarara hiding her dark story of being a Saika.
I doubt a simple "Air-Head" could have done what Shoko did in Episode 4.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:02   Link #1746
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Knowing L-Elf, I don't doubt he'll try something wild and dramatic at some point, but I have my doubts that "ruining Haruto" will be it.

Haruto looks like a human, walks like a human, talks like a human, and thinks like a human. Yes, he's also a metahuman. But people will just see him as "guy with superpowers" if L-Elf simply tells people about Haruto's new powers. The only thing in the short-term that I could see turning people on Haruto is if Haruto goes into one of his vampire rages in the midst of a large number of students (i.e. a hundred or more). That could hurt his image. If L-Elf ever does try to "ruin Haruto", he'll probably do it by trying to force Haruto to act out like that.

On the whole, I agree with Vallen - L-Elf is a tactically brilliant supersoldier, but he doesn't appear to have Lulu's charisma or ability to effectively appeal to people emotionally. Lulu would make a much better politician than L-Elf would. And it's the skills of a politician that L-Elf needs if he wants to "ruin Haruto" and/or somehow talk this new student nation-state into supporting him.
I honestly don't think the guy's out to ruin Haruto, he just wants to ensure his cooperation. However, if he doesn't get it, I am sure L-11 has back-up plans 2,3, 4, and 5.

And I think you are misjudging fictional teen students. In almost any superhero series and most anime, those with powers and seen as different are rarely view in a positive light by those that are normal. Take for example last season's Kotoura-san and The Unlimited. Those with powers are almost always feared, suspected, and/or hated by the general populace. Especially the vicious high school teens of your average anime. Now you might get a few, the close friends, who won't think anything of it, but those are only a few. I think Haruto's friends would stick by him, but the other 400+ students? I doubt it.

Even some of Kira's friends thought differently of him when they found out he was a Coordinator in SEED. And I won't even go into the stuff involving the Newtypes of earlier Gundam series.

So yeah, I think his secret would turn out to be a big deal if revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

I can PM you the Japanese info if that's easier for you to read! My English seems to have deteriorated quite a bit after not visiting the forum as much! Sorry!
Oh no, it's not that I couldn't read it, it just made no sense linearly in the context of what's happening in the story line. It seemed like a lot of comments put together, and mostly just fun speculation (or even just fantasies) for the series.

I thank you for translating, I've learned Mandarin but have yet to learn Japanese, so this helps a lot.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-08, 23:19   Link #1747
gordol
Banned

this cements it:

I-Haruto all the way to ep 24, no upgrade for him. It probably is the only one with the 666 mode
II- L-Elf ride for 2nd cour, he needs it to fight A-drei and gang. Also to have the fated battle with Haruto
III- Bully, since he wants a robot to get revenge on Dorrsia. Since III is a Power Type it fits him
IV- Saki, wants to get near Haruto even if it costs her humanity.
V- Jewbro, wants to protect his best friend Haruto at all costs. Mass producing Valvraves could make some MAD shekels.
VI- Hobogirl, since she's so detached from reality becoming a vampire might be interesting to her. VI is all about data gathering with all those sensors, another plus.
VII- Rau le Creuset final boss ride. He'll reveal to have planned it all since the beginning so he could become a God
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:25   Link #1748
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
this cements it:

I-Haruto all the way to ep 24, no upgrade for him. It probably is the only one with the 666 mode
II- L-Elf ride for 2nd cour, he needs it to fight A-drei and gang. Also to have the fated battle with Haruto
III- Bully, since he wants a robot to get revenge on Dorrsia. Since III is a Power Type it fits him
IV- Saki, wants to get near Haruto even if it costs her humanity.
V- Jewbro, wants to protect his best friend Haruto at all costs. Mass producing Valvraves could make some MAD shekels.
VI- Hobogirl, since she's so detached from reality becoming a vampire might be interesting to her. VI is all about data gathering with all those sensors, another plus.
VII- Rau le Creuset final boss ride. He'll reveal to have planned it all since the beginning so he could become a God
This make the main character look so weak and stupid

if like this Haruto valvrave doesnt look so special and powerful compared to the others ( he has to commit suicide by stabbing his katana every time to get that 666 mode.... )
battleengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:27   Link #1749
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I actually want Moses to be one of the Valvrave pilots.

He can part orbital seas with the right firepower!

Bring dat Salvation!
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:29   Link #1750
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I actually want Moses to be one of the Valvrave pilots.

He can part orbital seas with the right firepower!

Bring dat Salvation!
If that happened, that would make this show one of the best shows ever. Gotta love Senator Moses!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-08, 23:35   Link #1751
battleengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
If that happened, that would make this show one of the best shows ever. Gotta love Senator Moses!
if they introduce the other valvraves to be more powerful than model 1 , then what the point of that model, it look really like a base model ...
Old 2013-05-08, 23:38   Link #1752
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I doubt a simple "Air-Head" could have done what Shoko did in Episode 4.
What she did was get in the way. Get in the way of Dossian domination plan by L-Elf. Exchange the mecha with the hostage ? The Valvrave is all they have and have to use that to exchange with the hostage is a stupid idea. If the story has to follow the L-Elf plot, the thing will be more exciting adding the fact that L-Elf(One man army) will be on their side.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 23:40   Link #1753
battleengine

Quote:
What she did was get in the way. Get in the way of Dossian domination plan by L-Elf. Exchange the mecha with the hostage ? The Valvrave is all they have and have to use that to exchange with the hostage is a stupid idea. If the story has to follow the L-Elf plot, the thing will be more exciting adding the fact that L-Elf(One man army) will be on their side.
i think L-Elf will give up on Haruto and move on to convince other pilots when he found out there are more valvraves
Old 2013-05-08, 23:51   Link #1754
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
i think L-Elf will give up on Haruto and move on to convince other pilots when he found out there are more valvraves
I don't know how true is that. But according to the info given in 2ch(previous forumer was stated), the valvraves will be acquired by independent module 77. And plus there is a newtype magazine page describing Haruto and Saki with the green valvrave in the back.

Old 2013-05-08, 23:57   Link #1755
battleengine

Quote:
I don't know how true is that. But according to the info given in 2ch(previous forumer was stated), the valvraves will be acquired by independent module 77. And plus there is a newtype magazine page describing Haruto and Saki with the green valvrave in the back.
i hope that certainly haruto and his valvrave have some superior differences from other pilots ( like the main character in gundam series ) or else what the point of him becoming the main character beside being the first person to pilot valvrave, his plot is so weak that he can topple from the main character role any time.
Old 2013-05-08, 23:57   Link #1756
~BC~

Quote:
Honestly, it just sounds like you didn't even understand what happened in this episode. She doesn't even know about L-Elf's lofty ideas to begin with. She just didn't want to give up that easily and if anything L-Elf still benefits from her action since he didn't lose the Valvrave to those he opposes in Dorsia or the big wigs in ARUS.

If you don't like her appearance or personality type, fine.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 00:06   Link #1757
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You are judging her with the fact that you, the viewer, knows everything from both sides.

The Valvrave is the only thing they have, and they know the Dossian values that thing way much more than the hostages, so using it to negotiate with them is not a stupid move. A stupid move would be surrendering the Valvrave to Dossian, while they are holding hostages. Do you honestly believe after you do what they demanded, they will leave you alone?
Old 2013-05-09, 00:14   Link #1758
Destined_Fate

Shoko does make the plot exciting and if everything went L-Elfs way than it would get dull. If anything Shoko may unknowingly help L-Elf or willingly help him if he makes a contract with her.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 00:14   Link #1759
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Honestly, it just sounds like you didn't even understand what happened in this episode. She doesn't even know about L-Elf's lofty ideas to begin with. She just didn't want to give up that easily and if anything L-Elf still benefits from her action since he didn't lose the Valvrave to those he opposes in Dorsia or the big wigs in ARUS.

If you don't like her appearance or personality type, fine.
I don't like her personality type at all. She remind me of Akiho from Robotics;Note. I agree with you on that L-Elf might benefit from her action because now he can include the whole module 77 into his plan. Its a huge different between a single mecha revolt against the Dossian and the whole state.

Old 2013-05-09, 00:22   Link #1760
battleengine

Quote:
I don't like her personality type at all. She remind me of Akiho from Robotics;Note. I agree with you on that L-Elf might benefit from her action because now he can include the whole module 77 into his plan. Its a huge different between a single mecha revolt against the Dossian and the whole state.
soon it will not be a single mecha anymore....

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire