Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-27, 11:30   Link #301
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
I guess the series is only 24 episodes after all, from what I'm hearing now. Which is strange, when I heard it was 26 some time ago. With only 4 episodes to go, it'd be pretty out of the blue to shift from KirixHiroki without any more build up, but you never know...
Where did you read it was 24 episodes?
I thought it was 26 episodes
I really hope Hiroki will be with Kiri
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 11:48   Link #302
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

If it's 26 eps, I still have hopes for an Elis ending
Well, it's registered with 26 eps in Animesuki and most other sites and I don't have any other official source, I take it it's 26, so Elis FTW
Old 2006-02-27, 17:03   Link #303
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Just got to say Hagino was very cute in this Ep. You just want to hug her and squeeze her and.... lets not go there

*repeats: I am not lolicon, I am not a lolican, I am not a Lolicon
Old 2006-02-27, 18:23   Link #304
frodo1701
Anime Addict

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but I have feeling that Elis either saw this confession or will interupt it before an answer is given. I feel this way because of a scene at the begining of the episode. That scene shows that the roof has been where Elis has been drawing sunsets in prep for a painting using red. When is this confession taking place? Sunset!! Elis is either there or about to walk in on them. This situation could still lead the story toward either of the probalble endings depnding on Hiroki's reaction.
frodo1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 18:31   Link #305
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Ah, it is in fact 24 episodes (note that the 24th episode is marked with the little "End" symbol). This also would explain why they only solicited up to DVD 12.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 18:37   Link #306
dannyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1701
I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but I have feeling that Elis either saw this confession or will interupt it before an answer is given. I feel this way because of a scene at the begining of the episode. That scene shows that the roof has been where Elis has been drawing sunsets in prep for a painting using red. When is this confession taking place? Sunset!! Elis is either there or about to walk in on them. This situation could still lead the story toward either of the probalble endings depnding on Hiroki's reaction.
Very good observation! If it turns out to be like that then some major drama will unfold. I wonder if Elise would either confront them or (more likely) just run away with a stream of tears being left behind.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 18:44   Link #307
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz
Very good observation! If it turns out to be like that then some major drama will unfold. I wonder if Elise would either confront them or (more likely) just run away with a stream of tears being left behind.
I think Elise is pretty much resign to the fact that she is a little sister to Hiroki. She already made her confession and was rejected. Also she accidentaly overheard Hiroki and Kiri talking on the phone late at night so she knows the 2 are still close. I think Elise will actually help Hiroki realize his feeling for Kiri more then hinder the two.
Old 2006-02-27, 18:54   Link #308
dannyz

I do not agree with you on this. I think Elise still likes Hiroki in a romantic way. The most recent examples would probrably be from the Hagino episode where Elise caught them in a about to kiss moment and got all jealous and also in the getting over the fear of red episode when Elise made a cute red heart out of ketchup for Hiroki.

But I also think that the chances of a ElisexHiroki ending is Slim to none and i heard Slim left town a couple weeks ago.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 20:02   Link #309
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Just got to say Hagino was very cute in this Ep. You just want to hug her and squeeze her and.... lets not go there

*repeats: I am not lolicon, I am not a lolican, I am not a Lolicon
Just remind yourself that Hagino is... a second year high school student (third year?) which makes her 16 most likely ... you're safe in most places
Old 2006-02-27, 20:37   Link #310
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

I really wonder if I'll be finishing this series. Which is strange considering that when I first started watching Canvas2, I really liked it.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be getting too angsty as the series goes on. Too many untold feelings/misunderstandings and that kind of stuff...
Epoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 21:24   Link #311
AmamiYui

Another lovely double spread pic of Elis from Megami. I would have prefer Tomoko to be in this one also instead of Takeuchi-sempai, but oh well.
AmamiYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 22:25   Link #312
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Just remind yourself that Hagino is... a second year high school student (third year?) which makes her 16 most likely ... you're safe in most places
Yeah, if the usual "who calls who senpai" heirarchy is in force here, Hagino would be a second year - Elis and Tomoko say "Hagino-senpai", while Hagino says "Mami-senpai" and "Sumire-senpai". So you are probably right about the age. Unless, of course, she's skipped a few grades like Chiyo-chan in Azumanga Daioh.

But regardless of age considerations Hagino remains my favorite character in the series, and I do think she is incredibly cute in a mischevious pixie sort of way. The amount of screen time she has gotten in the past several episodes have made me a very happy camper. I don't think that makes me lolicon, but if it does I guess that is a burden I'm willing to bear.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 07:13   Link #313
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz
I do not agree with you on this. I think Elise still likes Hiroki in a romantic way. The most recent examples would probrably be from the Hagino episode where Elise caught them in a about to kiss moment and got all jealous and also in the getting over the fear of red episode when Elise made a cute red heart out of ketchup for Hiroki.

But I also think that the chances of a ElisexHiroki ending is Slim to none and i heard Slim left town a couple weeks ago.
Nah, even brotherly love can do something like that (she, along with Kiri, also expressed jealousy over Hiroki's date with the Superintendant back in ep 15.). Or that one could have merely been her show of disdain towards indecency (like in ep 19 when she asked Hiroki if he was sharing the same room with Kiri in a very accusing manner).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 11:46   Link #314
Ryusei

What i found a little strange is that Takeuchi senpai didn't have her own "harem" episode like all the other girls did... wonder why....

On a side note, after episode 19, Hagino's editor has become one of my favourite characters of the whole anime... i hope she'll play a bigger role in the next episodes.

Last edited by Ryusei; 2006-02-28 at 12:11.
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 15:29   Link #315
DanielSong39

Takeuchi did have a more prominent role in the cultural festival episode - the one who's really gotten the shaft is Hikari (the Tomoyo look-alike), the art club vice-president.

Trying to imagine Hikari with her hands clasped and with stars in her eyes, while Kiri looks on... man, there's something seriously wrong with this picture.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 17:04   Link #316
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Well, Hikari is a character that's unique to the anime, and is not one of the female leads in the game version (PS2 or otherwise), so it's not that surprising. It's surprising she's had as much screen time as she has (not unlike the generic guy, Shouta, who was an anime-only character and has had a surprising amount of screen time, for a little while anyway).
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 23:26   Link #317
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 20 was very effective. I alternated between wanting to throttle Hiroki and feeling the deepest pain and sympathy with Hiroki and with Kiri. Hiroki loves her, and almost realizes it, but he thought Yanagi had first dibs in high school and up until the confession he thought Kiri must prefer Yanagi. He is so stalled, so choked, so unaware of his strengths and so scared of his own feelings. Angsty? Yes, exceedingly -- but not excessively, yet. I do hope they devote the final couple of episodes to Kiri and Hiroki happy in love, however. Otherwise, my heart may explode with fear and frustration before we get to episode 24.

Hagino? Oh, yes! One of the most effective uses of the little "I'm a wild girl" snaggle-tooth I've seen. And voiced by Tokunaga Ai. This is as big a role as she's ever had, in her brief career (she's 24). She left her agents at the end of last year and now seems to be scrambling for work on her own. Kind of a shame, considering how much we all seem to like Hagino, in part perhaps due to the energy she gives her.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 03:02   Link #318
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I would have thought the conference trip and that night would have vaporized any doubts about what Hiroki should do (especially the talk with ms. editor) but apparently he's either dumb as mud or so slow and ponderous in his decision process that instead of the Hiroki-screws-up drinking game... we're going to be conducting live-round firing bursts anytime he's on screen.

Come on, Hiroki --- you've made sense up to this point (even if a bit mysteriously) ... don't screw up now. Come on... cute wolf-cut with shaggy side dangles, athletic, fun to be with ..... go for the girl.
Old 2006-03-01, 03:12   Link #319
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I'm still rooting for Elis. Not that I really care, but Elis is so much better
Old 2006-03-01, 11:25   Link #320
DanielSong39

I'm just not impressed with the anime version of Kiri. If episodes 19 and 20 is the best the writers can come up with - they haven't done anything to convince me that Kiri is a superior character compared to Elis. Heck, even Saya was more convincing, and she was only featured in one episode.

I think the game makers are rolling their eyes right about now - unless, of course, the anime is going for the Elis ending; then it would make more sense.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs