Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-26, 00:27   Link #421
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Spoiler:
If you wanted Rise you should of picked number 1... I forget which number it is but I know the piggyback ride is Yousuke
Old 2008-12-26, 00:40   Link #422
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
If you wanted Rise you should of picked number 1... I forget which number it is but I know the piggyback ride is Yousuke
Really? I actually thought the piggyback ride is Chie meaning that I will skip that option, but then Yousuke would be one of the above 3 options. Oh well, I will keep that in mind on my 2nd playthrough next year..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 00:46   Link #423
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Really? I actually thought the piggyback ride is Chie meaning that I will skip that option, but then Yousuke would be one of the above 3 options. Oh well, I will keep that in mind on my 2nd playthrough next year..
Just checked....
Spoiler for Choices:
Old 2008-12-27, 00:33   Link #424
Shadow Kira01

Quick question:

Do the following have a "stack" effect??

Growth 1 + Growth 2 + Growth 3
What about Regenerate and Invigorate?
What about Counter and Counterstrike?

I know Fire Boost and Fire Amp stacks, but what about the equipping a Blaze Vow?

Another question..

Which is more effective? Using Megidola twice or Mind Charge + Megidola?

I had spent 1-2 hours fusing a persona with a skill set I like and I ended up replacing Growth 1 with Growth 2. The current skills I tend to keep are as follows:

Traesto, Diarama, Mediarama, Agidyne, Bufudyne, Heat Wave, Navas Nebula, Blade of Fury, Dekunda, Survive Light, Resist Light, Survive Dark, Resist Dark, all elemental boost/amp, counter, and counterstrike. I am currently Lv49, are there any other skills I should keep to make the battles easier?
Old 2008-12-27, 01:16   Link #425
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Only thing that stacks are invigorate/regenerate effects, and two boost-like effects, in which case skills having priority.

So having a Fire Amp + Fire Boost + 50% more fire damage accessory means that Amp and Boost are the only ones in effect. So in order to get maximum damage, you must let an ally forget the boost skill, and equip him/her with a +50% damage accessory. That said, the increase in damage from Boost + Amp and Amp + accessory is <15%, and for all cases but Yosuke (who can use his weapon slot for a boost like effect as well if you really need that accessory slot), it's not worth the sacrifice of the accessory slot.

And from testing Mind Charge is mysteriously back now to 2.5x damage, despite the tool tip saying its only double damage (in P3, it was 2x damage). Not only that, but Mind Charge + Megidola only costs 47 SP total, while 2x Megidola costs 64 SP.

But seriously now... you didn't use Mind Charge into Black Viper in P3? It was the best way to kill the final boss's final form apart from 'Geddon itself, and even then it's still the best way to kill all the other forms of that boss.

As for other powerful skills, if you have maxed Sun I suggest you get Narasimha NOW and upgrade it one more level to get the awesome Auto-Mataru. If you can get an Auto-Mataru/boost/amped persona, you'd be oneshotting most monsters while the rest of your party can easily handle the rest with the damage boost.

Cool Breeze from a maxed Devil Pazuzu or Maxed Sun + 1 level Yatagarasu are awesome for SP management. I should know, since I abused Cool Breeze like a bitch in P3 Answer, where SP conservation was paramount.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 05:12   Link #426
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The final boss before the last
Spoiler:
was killing me I didn't know that the turn for it's laser are two turn after Mind Charge. . .

Damn, 700 damage to whole party ? wtf ???

At least I finished the game now. . .

Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 06:50   Link #427
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Just finished the old school game dungeon and saved after the school trip. The boss was kinda tough and I let my guard down a bit after thw hour of battle and my character got wiped out. It was a real pain to start again. As for that school trip, it was really fun and loved the whole reference to P3 school together with that music that played in the club.

I heard there were some tough choices to pick if you don't want to get a bad ending. When that will be?
Old 2008-12-27, 07:55   Link #428
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Spoiler:

That's when the ending flag will be. If you pick the wrong choice, you'll get the bad ending route. Also, it's better to save the days before that event

Okay, wtf ? I tried to use some gameshark codes to level up Izanagi (normal) to 99. . Well, mainly because I don't have anything to do anymore right now. But then, I found out that his stats are. . kind of uber ?

I mean,
St : 80
Ma : 73
En : 44
Ag : 60
Lu : 49

Str : 80 . . Err, If I remember it correctly, none of my high level persona is even that high -.-;; *sigh* if only he can have more uber skills.

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2008-12-27 at 08:52.
Old 2008-12-27, 15:33   Link #429
Shadow Kira01

In Persona 3: FES, weapons did lots more damage than skills. I was doing like 500+ damage on Takaya Lv56 using the Laevateinn (Nihil Sword + Surt), while Agidyne was doing about 350 damage only. In P4, my current Kage-dachi does about 130 damage on a typical Secret Laboratory shadow Lv52. This is pretty bad.. There seems to be a huge gap between the swords of P3 and P4. I tend to rely on "Blade of Fury" and "Megidola" a lot now.

And regarding level grinding:

This time around, the "tired" status is removed, but in exchange.. There is no longer an auto-recovery for HP and SP when returning to the entrance. Instead, I have to rely on the upright Judgement Card, the upright Empress Card, and the upright Death card. Whenever I draw the reverse Death card, I would becoming very discouraged, especially when 2 of the 4 characters in my party have full 300+ SP. Simply, all 4 will end up with 1 SP and get kicked out of the dungeon.

-Shortcut Strategy: Full SP Recovery-

Even so, there is a way to go around it, but it requires a lot of time which I don't have. Generally, if you reach the Secret Laboratory, it means that your level is around 50s, so going back to Yukiko's Castle would be the ideal choice of action. Even if the shadows strike critical and weakness hits, it would do no more than 5 damage. Not mentioning that having a Regenerate 2 and a Sorceror's Mark actually recovers 17 HP and 5 SP every turn. Thus, all you got to do is set all the characters to "direct command" and set it to guard and just keep on pressing "x" over and over again until MC has full HP and SP, then use a vanish ball. Swap the Sorceror's Mark onto the other characters, continue the process until every character has full SP, then use the items from the treasure chests that you picked up, life stones to fully heal the group's HP. The battle can now continue and the process can be repeated as many times as needed. In other words, all you need to do is a single trip to the backside of the tv to save any one person and have the rest of the time to yourself for whatever reason you desire. (^_^)

Apparently, my relations with the Fox is pretty awful, so I don't rely on him. It is ridiculous to pay 60,000 to 80,000 yen just to have your SP recovered when it only takes about 15 minutes to use up. On the other hand, if you follow the above strategy, you will also pick up lots of materials, items, and experience points while recovering full SP in a cinch. In exchange, you must be willing to spend 5-10 hours on it though.
Old 2008-12-27, 18:32   Link #430
d-one

Quote:

Apparently, my relations with the Fox is pretty awful, so I don't rely on him. It is ridiculous to pay 60,000 to 80,000 yen just to have your SP recovered when it only takes about 15 minutes to use up.
that's why I'm trying to max his social link as fast as I can so I get the super cheap price for healing SP
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 22:03   Link #431
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In P3, weapons don't nearly do as much as skills. Heck, in any Persona game, weapons won't nearly do as much damage as skills you would get at around that level.

The best thing you can do with weapons in P3 was an elemental weapon (which already has built in boost) + either having the respective amp bracers or amp skill + respective weapon master. And even then, it would only do as much as a tier 4 elemental spell + respective amp skill, but at a much lower accuracy rate. If the tier 4 spell also had boost, it will do 25% more damage than the best weapon elemental setup.

I should know. I tested these things to prove that Akihiko outdamages Mitsuru by a mile with the proper setup, and to say that Akihiko is THE best ally in the game hands down. Ice elemental gloves from Cybele + Ice amp bracers + naturally learned fist master makes him a lean mean fighting machine, on top of still having single target healing, amped zio spells and the -unda line of spells as well.

That said, a tier 4 elemental spell + boost + amp is still your best bet against elemental neutral bosses. Case in point, once Surt learned Ragnarok, you can pretty much 2-shot Takaya who has 1500 hp w/out any fancy tricks. I should know, since I one-shotted his hippie ass through auto-tarukaja, Akihiko rakunda, MC mind charge into Ragnarok (IIRC, I think I did 2+k lol). Fun times I tell you; just a shame Jin absorbed fire though so you can't do the same against him unless you had fire break then (which I didn't). But against halve everything but almighty bosses like the Reaper and the final boss, Mind Charge into Black Viper gives you the most bang for the buck

As for P4... I dunno about you, but during Secret Lab I mostly used Seiryuu with inherited Auto-Tarukaja/Cool Breeze, and he had no problem one-shotting monsters once he naturally learned Elec boost even though with only Mazionga, at practically no SP cost. Didn't even need to change to Lilith once I got her who then had the superior Maziodyne.

Even in the dungeon after, I got lucky and made an Auto-Mataru/Fire boost/Maragidyne/Cool Breeze Uriel, and with it naturally learning Fire Amp it made the entire stage a breeze against anything not strong to fire. And those who are, which were taken care by my Auto-Mataru/Elec Boost/Spell Master Mother Harlot who can either Maziodyne or Mamudoon.

So yeah.. no qualms about how good elemental spells are in P4. Well except for Thor that is, whose Thunder Reign is SOO disappointing since he doesn't have the MAG to put the oomph to it.

(BTW, watchout for that fusion forecast that gives Garuda Spell Master if you fuse it. Awesome passive skill)
Old 2008-12-28, 03:02   Link #432
Oppius
Banned

Its not fair! Chie is wearing short beneath her skirt. She shouldn't wear that but instead she should be proud showing some colorful, silky stuff.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 06:21   Link #433
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Btw, if I used Rakunda to an enemy and then hit him with my magic, will the damage increase ?

Old 2008-12-28, 06:27   Link #434
Rias

Tentarafoo actually works exceptionally well against monsters that has no weakness, compared to P3. Espeically for the first half of the game, the main character or Yusuke has rarely missed those monsters. You get about 3 free turns to do whatever you want (usually rush to save sp)

If you exploit the weakness for the ones that has weakness(es), and use tentarafoo for the ones that doesn't have it, you don't have to even have to keep up with the latest armor, and can save you sp when the fox commu level is low.
Old 2008-12-28, 09:23   Link #435
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah. Super Speed Tentarafoo through Yosuke was a life saver. I remember once getting ambushed by three of the Magus enemies and everyone was at a sliver of their health, but I wasn't too worried since once Yosuke's turn came up, Tentarafoo made it an auto-win.

Quote:
Btw, if I used Rakunda to an enemy and then hit him with my magic, will the damage increase ?
Yes. Rakunda/Rakukaja works on all types of damage, just like Tarukaja/Tarunda.

And you always want to have at least one persona who can cast rakunda on your team. A +50% damage boost is too good to ignore against bosses.

Old 2008-12-28, 09:41   Link #436
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Getting max social links on everyone was a bit of a challenge on the first playthrough

In the end (true ending path) I only maxed:

1. Chie / Chariot
2. Nanako / Justice
3. Dojima / Heirophant
4. Naoto / Fortune
5. Yosuke / Magician
6. Yukiko / Priestess
7. Rise / Lovers
8. Investigation Team / Fool (investigation team; automatically maxed as the story progresses)
9. Teddy / Star (same with above)
10.Kanji / Emperor

I left 6(or7) arcanas which were in the lvls 1-6 when I finished. Most of the lost time came from building up those damn stats ( reaching lvl 5 in any of those parameters was a pain, especially 'understanding'). Anyways, my interest in the game is still pretty much there so I'm going for a second playthrough.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 09:51   Link #437
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm tortured as of right now because I maxed every S. Link apart from Hanged Man, which I am 2 ranks away from maxing and I have no more days left. Being far away from getting max s links is one thing, being so close and yet so far is another. T_T

I knew I shouldn't have done Strenght on Tues/Thurs after Rank 7, so that I have something to do on the Saturdays in the last month. I was stupid in thinking Moon was also available on Saturday, so I thought I would've been alright if I left Hanged Man/Moon last since I had every day covered except for Sunday, of which not much S. Links happens anyways. >_>

Oh well, not that I missed much anyways, since Hanged Man arcana still sucks. Seriously, not one Persona there I went 'oooh, that looks good'.

Old 2008-12-28, 13:59   Link #438
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hanged man and Temperance. . I cannot max both of them at my previous playthrough. Not only that the choices with them doesn't give many affection, they also screw up my time table

Hanged Man sucks ? Well yeah, but still. . .Attis is needed to fuse some higher level monsters ( I'll try to max him at this playthrough. .

Quote:
Yes. Rakunda/Rakukaja works on all types of damage, just like Tarukaja/Tarunda.

And you always want to have at least one persona who can cast rakunda on your team. A +50% damage boost is too good to ignore against bosses.
Damn, I thought my hypothesis was wrong but it looks like that I'm right. Guess it's time to change my strategy

Old 2008-12-29, 01:12   Link #439
Shadow Kira01

I haven't played Persona 4 for 2 days.. After maxing out Rise Kujikawa's social link, all there is left is now.. I need to get Naoto out of the tv, but the problem is that using Maragion and Megidola is very SP consuming. The idea of level grinding for 5+ hours just doesn't sound very interesting. It is possible to do it in one trip, but at the same time. It is also very boring to do so. My Lv9 social links currently are Yukiko, Eri, and Sayoko. It appears that I won't be able to max all the social links on my first playthrough, considering that it is already October and I have yet to unlock 6 social links, not mentioning that the rest of them are around Lv5 only.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-29, 01:35   Link #440
Rias

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for quest solution:

As to maxing all the social links considering your situation right now...it seems impossible. You should still have time to max out the party member's and the fox, margret's can be done anytime as long as can fuse the monsters. You can probably max out all the night time ones, and perhaps a couple more day time ones.

Tags
ps2