AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 16:36   Link #1121
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Silly Kaioshin, of course AGE needs more incoherent bashing, let's add people who've never seen it too!

That being said, It seems like Horizon has made something out of itself, I guess I'll be trying to pick this up again.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:59   Link #1122
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah about that blog you linked, take it from someone who has actually seen episode 3 of Age, that guy is completely beyond full of shit and has no idea what he's talking about. Episode 3 is quite well directed and has plenty or development and emotional weight as well as some solid action. Again this is coming from someone who has actually seen it, not from someone with a blatant agenda to sabotage the show at every turn. Like you said with Hadena, do not listen to Applejuice unless you want to hate Gundam Age!

That said I'm really looking forward to this latest episode of Horizon. It'd only be fitting that it hit its stride around the same time as Age. :d
Age was fine. I gave it 8/10 on the first episode, just haven't bother to vote for the next couple since then but still following weekly; that post was just a reference to the PR department and how it backfired, whereas Horizon kinda pulled the same move but came out ahead. Doesn't necessary mean I agree with 100% of what he said =) (I wouldn't be reading the blog if I agree with him 100% so ...)

Also I lied, apparently there is a preview for Episode 5 (not shown at the end of episode 4) on the website that is hosted by Bandai Channel, so if you don't have a Japanese ISP you're out of luck. If you do though, I do recommend checking it out for a pretty good preview of things to come.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 18:03   Link #1123
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Why doesn't anyone rip those previews from Bandai Channel and host them on Youtube? Hell, why can't Bandai Channel host it themselves on Youtube? Damn they hate gaijins. ;_;
Old 2011-10-25, 18:11   Link #1124
MorningGlory

Ty Marcus H and Felix

Tadakatsu explain that his Dragonfly Cutter(蜻蛉切) can cut "security".Almost everything reflected from the blade can be cut.
In the light Novel they mention there is a"gauge" somewhere, I wonder where it is ??

The Kuromo in this episode is totally expose in the public eye (face palm) lol
MorningGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 18:12   Link #1125
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
halo, I came from MyAnimelist forum, and it seem there are just too much hater there lol.

I can't believe there are people(western) love this series, I felt like I am the only person love this series in MAL.. Hopefully I can get some discussion and info here since I am not very familiar with the Anime as well =)
Is MAL really that bad I've never been in that forum aside from the function of anime list.

Quote:
I think its not really hater, most of them are blaming the Anime for not doing the good job of adapting the original.

I can see there are quite alot of fan here. Unfortunately my "fan hype" is almost completely exhausted in MAL...
complaining about not doing good in adapting the novel okay that's it they are bad. The NOVEL IS SO DARN THICK!! and they are complaining about novel adaptation. Sunrise did a good way of adapting the story with a rather eye catching way of big boobs with the explanation of the story. It's so eye catching that if you take away your concentration on the story and just look at the boobs you probably will miss something. The book is so darn thick that if Sunrise adapt it word from word. We won't be getting Futayo's fight as early as episode 4.
Old 2011-10-25, 18:36   Link #1126
MorningGlory

^
well you can take a look at the forum at MAL.There is a lot of word like " confuse" or "drop" in their post.

it seems that commie sub done some explanation on this Anime.
Source: http://commiesubs.com/horizon-3/
At commie sub, they explain "recover the lost technology"..
From what I read from the LN, it was something like "journey to the east".The discover of "god" changed their religion.
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/a/境界線上のホライゾン
In NicoNico, they explain that battle in space made them lost their weapon and technology..

Sometimes I wonder which is the truth ><
Old 2011-10-25, 18:43   Link #1127
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^Humanity is repeating history in the hope to retract their steps and regain the technology they lost that would allow them to return to space.
Old 2011-10-25, 18:53   Link #1128
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

^ so Heaven/Tenjou that is mentioned in this anime is actually a 'space'? like 'outer space'?
Old 2011-10-25, 18:55   Link #1129
MorningGlory

from what I read, they say is heaven ... seem like each guy has its own explanation on this T.T
I think the explanation from LN is much more logical because it sound more like the bible.
"repeating History" is like an alternative method of an dystopia imo .In the end, Seiren is the number ruler of the world lol
Old 2011-10-25, 19:06   Link #1130
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
^ so Heaven/Tenjou that is mentioned in this anime is actually a 'space'? like 'outer space'?
Uh, no, I just call it space because it makes more sense than Heaven.
Old 2011-10-25, 19:12   Link #1131
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
That seems to be implied judging by earlier sources...
Old 2011-10-25, 19:14   Link #1132
MorningGlory

^
but Malga Naruze and Margot Knight are from heaven. So I believe there is a heaven in this Anime..

I wonder which one is banish from heaven and which one is going down to the human world with her own will? I totally forgot .Probably the black one is the banish one.
Old 2011-10-25, 19:18   Link #1133
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
^
but Malga Naruze and Margot Knight are from heaven. So I believe there is a heaven in this Anime..

I wonder which one is banish from heaven and which one is going down to the human world with her own will? I totally forgot .Probably the black one is the banish one.
I don't recall it being stated that they're from heaven. IIRC a lot of the breeds in this series were genetically created by humanity because they thought that the mythology from past civilizations were also real parts of history.
Old 2011-10-25, 19:19   Link #1134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
^

How do you know this ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 19:26   Link #1135
MorningGlory

^
When they intro themselves in ep1, they did mention they are 墜天使(tsuitenshi) and 堕天使(datenshi) .In the LN, they even explain the meaning of those Angels.

Well, this is the LN direct explanation...They even bold line the sentence of their reason of why they repeat the history in the LN, so I am 100% faithful to it =)
Old 2011-10-25, 20:03   Link #1136
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Just watch eps 4...
Well, still confused on the character interaction and relation...
There is too much of character being shoved into my mind...

Anyway, i don't hate the shows, but many of my friends dropped the show on eps 3...
Well the main reason is the confusion between relations...

Guess this serie need 2-3x re-watched to fully grasp the story...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 20:16   Link #1137
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
^

Perhaps but I'm referring to the so called "descent from heaven" event in the past
Old 2011-10-25, 20:22   Link #1138
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Just watch eps 4...
Well, still confused on the character interaction and relation...
There is too much of character being shoved into my mind...

Anyway, i don't hate the shows, but many of my friends dropped the show on eps 3...
Well the main reason is the confusion between relations...

Guess this serie need 2-3x re-watched to fully grasp the story...
I think it's easier to remember them by faction rather than all the characters. Also, referring to the event time frame is pretty useful so you don't have to rewatch the previous episodes. We're still on Day 1, if you look through the events, there really not that much that happened. You can always refer to the character charts too.

I honestly don't feel there are that many characters or events compared to say SRW: OG The Inspector or something.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 20:28   Link #1139
MorningGlory

Here an explanation to support LN's explanation since LN explanation sound too fishy to accept even for me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku
Humanity is repeating history in the hope to retract their steps and regain the technology they lost that would allow them to return to space.
It doesn't make sense that The main religion such as Islam and Christ would obey faithfully to the holy testament when they already have their own. The only way to unite(control) all religion is the make them believe their religion is wrong while maintain their power in the world.
Well, as long as the testament promise power and authority to those Major religion, I guess they will be obedient and follow it and unpredictable rebellion against testament will be prevented .Unless the testament is malfunction and stop reproducing history lol

Saṃsāra(India), 七部六仙道(china) ,Shindou(Japan) and Buddhism(japan) are safe from testament because they belief in deity only =)
For China, I dunno what is ChibuliusienDao means.... is it part of buddism/ Taosim lol

Last edited by MorningGlory; 2011-10-25 at 21:07.
Old 2011-10-25, 20:49   Link #1140
Forsaken_Infinity

Sense... it made none. But I loved what I saw. I kind of don't have the motivation or the time to dig deep to actually get what's happening but at least it's aesthetically pleasing.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise