AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-14, 23:58   Link #1
testman

Who's Getbackers releases were better?

Hi, i was just wondering if you guys could give your opinions on who you think had better releases for Getbackers, and why.

Anime-empire, or Saikou-fansubs?
testman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 05:33   Link #2
LArSON
leecher wannabe

Send a message via Yahoo to LArSON
Both groups have done a terrific job. I'd go for Saikou because they'we got a soother stile for subtitiles...
LArSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 08:11   Link #3
Rurouni

I'd say A-E but they haven't finished the serie yet. I wonder when that's gonna happen
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 11:59   Link #4
Tensai_kamen
Inactive Member

I like both but Saikou has the edge cos i can't wait too long for my Get Backers fix.
Tensai_kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 20:48   Link #5
Iron Monkey

Plus, Saikou subs were nice and small, and quality wise, I didn't have any problems with it. So yeah, they're both good, just that Saikou was able to finish it a lot faster, and had nice file sizes.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 23:20   Link #6
Jin
Staked!

Send a message via AIM to Jin
The one that says Mugenjou instead of Infinite Fortress. I think it was Saikou.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 14:53   Link #7
7thMethuselah

i watched both of them but in the end i collected anime empire. Both are very good, but i preferred infinite castle over mugenjou and i got irritated (don't ask me why) about saiko's makube x , i preferred makubx in my subs

But then again, an awesome job by both teams, i did see the last 10 from saiko bc anime-empire was falling behind alot
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 19:05   Link #8
EvoSpace

Send a message via AIM to EvoSpace Send a message via MSN to EvoSpace
Just pointing out that we choose to leave it as "Mugenjou" instead of "Infinite Castle" because it's a name of a place. For example, would you say East Capital instead of Tokyo and Big Slope instead of Osaka? We just had a note for what it means in the early episodes. If it was a scientific name or something that changes its name from country to country, we used the English name. ex: "Higumo no Kirihito" as "Kirihito of the Cardinal Spider".

I'm not saying our fansub is any better overall, but explaining our reason for the choice ^^; I hope you enjoy GetBackers =)
EvoSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 17:52   Link #9
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoSpace
Just pointing out that we choose to leave it as "Mugenjou" instead of "Infinite Castle" because it's a name of a place. For example, would you say East Capital instead of Tokyo and Big Slope instead of Osaka? We just had a note for what it means in the early episodes. If it was a scientific name or something that changes its name from country to country, we used the English name. ex: "Higumo no Kirihito" as "Kirihito of the Cardinal Spider".

I'm not saying our fansub is any better overall, but explaining our reason for the choice ^^; I hope you enjoy GetBackers =)
As a fan to a fasubber, thx for all the hard work you put in your fansubs. Even tough i didn't collect all episodes from saiko for getbackers, i did get the last ones of it. Also looking forward to your E's Otherwise releases
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:08   Link #10
Sledeau

Is the translation "The infinite fortress" or "Infinite Fortress?" If its the latter, then I would understand keeping the Japanese name. If its the former, then it should be translated. After all, you call Tokyo "Tokyo," not "The tokyo."
Sledeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 19:43   Link #11
Akabane_san
Ginji & Akabane

Send a message via MSN to Akabane_san
Well... I chose the Anime Empire cause im more used to how they translate the names but then they dont have the last 2 ep so i have to go to fansub
Akabane_san is offline   Reply With Quote