AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Steins;Gate character(s)
Lab Member 001 Hououin Kyouma / Okabe "Okarin" Rintarou 179 77.16%
Lab Member 002 Mayushii / Shiina Mayuri 72 31.03%
Lab Member 003 Super Hacker / Hashida "Daru" Itaru 44 18.97%
Lab Member 004 Christina / Makise Kurisu 180 77.59%
Lab Member 005 Shining Finger / Kiryuu Moeka 17 7.33%
Lab Member 006 Lukako / Urushibara Luka 20 8.62%
Lab Member 007 Feyris Nyannyan / Rumio Akiha 38 16.38%
Lab Member 008 Part Time Warrior / Amane Suzuha 97 41.81%
Others 4 1.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-08, 07:02   Link #41
Echoes

That's an interesting thought.

My vote would go to Christina.... I think. It's actually a really tough choice.
Old 2011-10-08, 09:37   Link #42
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

My vote will go to Okarin, Kurisu and Feyris
Old 2011-10-14, 02:03   Link #43
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Finally finished Steins;Gate so time for my votes.

Okarin: Seriously Miyano Mamoru's best role in years. At first he was a bit too weird for me but he totally grew into such a freaking cool character. I liked him better as "Okarin" then Houounin Kyouma (though I loved how he said it) but at the end when he decides to go back and save Kurisu, I felt it was appropriate. Ive got something for mad scientists and he was one of a kind

Kurisu: I didn't really like her character as much as I liked seeing her and Okarin together. Epi 22 was great and I loved how they showed affection to eachother up to that point.

Rukako: I like me a trap
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2011-10-14, 03:03   Link #44
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If I had to vote for one of them, it would be the maedt scientist, it's so cool! His development really made the series for me, and the entire show seems to help raise him to the top, which imo it accomplished just fine, with elevating tension and drama, and a great climax. Plus, we got to hear his future self!
Old 2011-10-21, 10:17   Link #45
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Oh man I didn't know you could vote for multiple characters :< Otherwise I would have picked: 001, 004, 008

Edit: I just recently read the discussion, but I am disappointed how little people point to George Orwell's 1984. "Controlling the past equal controlling the future." Dystopias, fear of bombing, planted chips, etc.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2011-10-21 at 11:56.
Old 2011-10-29, 01:56   Link #46
Charsiupao

I voted for Okabe, Kurisu and Mayuri. For the first half of the series Okabe and Kurisu were kind of okay, but not great. Mayuri was a complete darling, though, always cheerful, helpful and optimistic, girlish not in an annoying way but in a really endearing way (the way she whined at Okabe to buy her an Opa was so cute, and could so easily have been annoying if done wrong). Talks like an airhead but is actually very observant, and even Kurisu acknowledged that she was the one who had the clearest picture of what was going on in the lab through not being immersed in the research.

In the second half, once SERN makes its move, Mayuri understandably moves into the background (even if she's ironically now the main focus of the plot). Okabe loses his arrogance and idiotic attitude and develops into a proper protagonist burdened with the pain and pressure of the main plot. Kurisu also reciprocates (she doesn't change but the changed Okabe allows her to express her more serious and gentle side) and they both develop into a great couple. Kurisu acts as Okabe's anchor and conscience, and they complemented each other so well.
Old 2011-12-05, 16:44   Link #47
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

My fave is okarin for sure. But I didn't feel there were any minor characters at all.

If it weren't for the hiliarious pervert jokes from Daru, the building of character familiarity and contrast to the later seriousness would've been much weaker. mmm squishy banana lol!

Moeka was pretty moe although not many people comment on that. I guess when the crazy cat lady side comes out in full force some viewers gets scared of her. But when she's docile texter Shining Finger she's so cute and moe.

Super characters and perfect seiyuus. All favorites
Old 2011-12-17, 03:19   Link #48
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Am i the only one here who likes MOEka?? lol i think she's pretty moe and hot too (especially in that leather suit) XDD
Old 2011-12-17, 05:39   Link #49
ronin myael
lost ronin

it's okabe and kurisu all the way! great tandem. they make me laugh every time they start arguing like little kids.

i like okabe's eccentricities, silliness, ambition, arrogance and selflessness. definitely one of the most unique characters i've ever encountered. i like how he and kurisu develop as characters together, drawing them closer and turning them into lovers. but they're interesting by themselves as well. i like kurisu's sensibilities and calm demeanor, how she handled everything with an open mind and how she helped okabe through his ordeal.
Old 2011-12-20, 06:27   Link #50
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I voted for all of them, but Mayuri is my favorite overall.

Old 2011-12-23, 02:07   Link #51
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

I gave my vote to Okarin, Mayuri, Feyris, Kurisu, and Suzuha.

Okarin got my vote easily since it was his crazy eccentrices that got me hooked on S;G in the first place, and later on the contrast by his seriousness and emotionness made for quite the interesting lead character. I voted for Mayuri mostly because of her innocenct charm that added a quaint feel to the show (and not to mention TUTURU!). Mayuri's just that character that makes me smile no matter what when she speaks.

Feyris (I can never remember her real name) and Suzuha were characters I liked mostly for the same reason, they're cute. It sounds completely shallow but hey, it's hard to articulate that beyond what it is.

Makise Kurisu however, was by far my favorite. I tend to like thunder styled characters anyway, but the script and interaction with other characters made this very well executed. Especially with Okarin, the collision of wackiness and tsun-tsun was both hilarious and set up a very good wrap up as well a the end. Over all though, a well designed character, visually and charactically.
Old 2012-01-03, 10:57   Link #52
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Okabe just fits my tastes 100% as male protagonist ever created. Totally cool character, that was able to give many laughs in such a dark and serious atmosphere. Even tho he looked a bit weird in the beginning with all the paranoia about agencies whatsoever and his mad scientist thingie, coupled with the mad laugh, he later on uncovers another side of himself, when things actually get tragic. He also says that he created that lab and did all that weird stuff just because he probably wanted friends. Nowhere i've found such cool and charismatic character. I really have no words if not saying that he's cool. He's just cool.

Kurisu also fits my tastes as a girl, beside she's a tsundere, which adds some pepper to the plot. Loved when she was being the victim of Okabe's jokes about otaku things. Loved her character all the way, her attitude and when she actually tried to cheer up Okabe when he was being depressed(after having seen Mayuri dying many times). Loved that she actually cared about Okabe and that they were quite similar. Probably one of my favorite female characters, if not the favorite.

Daru was an awesome support to Okabe's jokes, with his perverted fantasies(banana), beside being the most useful characters behind the scenes(He hacked SERN system, he repaired the Time Machine, he will build the time machine with okabe in the other future)

Mayushi is what you'd define the best friend, without going anywhere beyond. Cheerful and good natured, Okabe's treasure, was sad seeing her dying so many times. She actually was of great support for Okabe. After the first 3 times seeing her dying, i got used to it tho, like Okabe did. It's true that going through that hell you just become cynical and insensible. It's like you put a barrier around yourself to avoid further pain. Could easily understand Okabe, since i happened to be in the same situation, and i think i still am.

Moeka was cute and had nice tits, but never liked that nerd side of her of never speaking and raping her cellphone's buttons. I came to hate her later on for obvious reasons. Weak personality and easily influenceable, not exactly my kind of character.

Suzuha was the one i considered standing in the 5 most important characters list (Okabe, Kurisu, Mayushi, Daru, Suzuha). I liked her even tho i'm not a fan of pigtails. Another useful character with a story behind her. I had somehow predicted that Daru was her father when i heard "barrel-like person".

Characters like Ruka and Faerys are very minor to my eyes, but MISTA BRAUN kinda surprised me later on. Wouldn't have ever imagined that development.

I really would have liked to vote both Okabe and Kurise(tina), but i was in a hurry and didn't actually notice it was a multiple choice poll, so just went for Okabe. Anyways, i think i would have chosen only Okabe just to end that tie.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-03 at 11:15.
Old 2012-01-08, 03:01   Link #53
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

why is okabe ahead of kurisu??!!
Old 2012-07-17, 09:21   Link #54
KeiiMii

Suzuha and Kurisu-chan seem to be favourite girl characters :3 Well I love both of them
Old 2014-05-05, 04:16   Link #55
Sensual Grizzly

I just finished watching this serie, so I wanted to share my opinion on this.

Well, I don't think that all of the characters were properly developed, but I still liked them all. My least favourite one would definitely be Ruka, as he had no purpose whatsoever(except for being in a shrine with IBM) and his D-mail was dumbest one. I still like him! So, naturally, my love for my favourite ones is even greater. That would be Okabe and Kurisu.

Okabe is my favourite one because we can see most of his development throughout series. We can see how he manages, shifting through both of his personalities. With time, he shows his kind and caring side, which is hiding under the image of a crazy nut, who calls himself a mad scientist.

I love Kurisu because of a similar reason. She was really useful and was the second character who really opened up. Normally I don't really like characters like her, but this girl changed my mind. Maybe it is because of all internet memes, I don't know! I really liked how sharp her mind was all the times Okabe told her that he time leaped and the way "Christina" is able to make decisions and help him.

I loved them as a pair as well.
Closed Thread