AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-03-17, 01:17   Link #221
Sixth
Hu Tao

The first impression for this 2nd opening: Meh..it not that great. I was hoping something as good as Bloody Stream...

Now: I can't stop repeating the part where the blood dropped scene and listen that part to the end over and over again.

Also, the transition between Abbacchio's police suit to his stand is freaking smooth.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-17, 12:48   Link #222
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2019-03-22, 17:59   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Narancia was badass as hell in this episode. Such resolve!
Old 2019-03-23, 02:01   Link #224
alex_drian

I'll never get tired of that display of badassery that is JOJO.

Btw, clear me in something please. I don't that know the identity of the Boss is important because well, you actually can search for him more easily if you know who is him or how he looks. But how that resolve the problem of Crimson Emperor?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 04:31   Link #225
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I'll never get tired of that display of badassery that is JOJO.

Btw, clear me in something please. I don't that know the identity of the Boss is important because well, you actually can search for him more easily if you know who is him or how he looks. But how that resolve the problem of Crimson Emperor?
The idea is that if they know who he is, they might be able to get the drop on him and assassinate him before he can even use King Crimson. Or that if they battle him again and he gets away, finding him a third time will be a lot easier because, well, they know what he looks like.
Old 2019-03-23, 08:17   Link #226
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Another brutal fight. These guys recover really fast
Old 2019-03-26, 15:38   Link #227
Frontier

I always take for granted the fact that normal people can't see Stand battles. I can only imagine how freaky it must look for someone to randomly start spurting out blood or get pumped full of holes out of seemingly nowhere .

Interesting that the Boss has deliberately emphasized taking Giorno out. He is pretty much the most unknown factor of Bruno's team and the one who's helped get them out of a lot of sticky situations, and it sets up The Boss and Giorno's eventual encounter with one another. Almost feels like a contrast from how Kira didn't really acknowledge Josuke until their final fight...
Old 2019-03-29, 19:56   Link #228
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, so the Stand from today can also be activated once dying. Sure it's effective but how the heck---Okay, at least it seems next episode Trish will try to save the day.
Old 2019-03-30, 05:28   Link #229
Vegard Aune

Okay, CR... I get that you're not legally allowed to call the Stand "Notorious B.I.G" like Araki did, and I guess the fact that your stream edited the video to change the scribble on the wall to match the edited name makes sense, but...

Japan had translations for the text. All of it. Meanwhile you only translated the portion that Giorno read out loud.

Don't you just love it when the legal option is just objectively worse?
Old 2019-03-30, 18:43   Link #230
Uribatake

Ugh, if Viz's eventual BD release pulls the same crap, I might end up importing the Japanese one. I just hate it when people mess with the original video. And was this change necessary when they didn't even spell "Notorious" correctly?
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-30, 19:37   Link #231
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Ugh, if Viz's eventual BD release pulls the same crap, I might end up importing the Japanese one. I just hate it when people mess with the original video. And was this change necessary when they didn't even spell "Notorious" correctly?
I'm not sure changing the names is even necessary in the first place. They just do it because they're afraid of potential lawsuits. Lots of official Jojo translations over the world use the original stand names, including the French one (Polnareff is named after a French singer, and that was never a problem).

Not sure why some countries can get away with it and others not. Is it simply a matter of copyright laws being more strict?
Old 2019-03-30, 22:44   Link #232
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure changing the names is even necessary in the first place. They just do it because they're afraid of potential lawsuits. Lots of official Jojo translations over the world use the original stand names, including the French one (Polnareff is named after a French singer, and that was never a problem).

Not sure why some countries can get away with it and others not. Is it simply a matter of copyright laws being more strict?
It might be because a lot of singers have their names traded marked in the USA. And due to the wacky way trade marks have come to be enforced here that means any infraction the rights holders become aware of have to be dealt with or they can lose the trade mark. So even if they do not want to do anything about it because the use is harmless it could be brought up in court as them failing to enforce their trade mark if they ever have to go after someone who is actually doing damage to them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 04:54   Link #233
Vegard Aune

Yeah, again, I don't blame them for putting "Notorious Chase" on screen. It sucks, but I get why they did it. The fact that they completely neglected to translate any of the writing aside from "The Enemy Stand's name is Notorious B.I.G/Chase" though... That kinda ruins the scene. The point is that Giorno first sees an entirely innocuous line about wanting pizza, then the messages quickly become more and more unsettling and specific, until he finds that "Oh my god, this Stand has been specifically writing this stuff using my hand to threaten us!"

For the record, here's what the text says:
Quote:
Comment: 0,0:11:04.35,0:11:06.85,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"I want to eat some Pizza Margherita."
Comment: 0,0:11:15.19,0:11:18.15,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"Die! Moron!"
Comment: 0,0:11:15.19,0:11:18.15,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"My nose hair is getting out of hand."
Comment: 0,0:11:18.15,0:11:24.87,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"Damn it!"
Comment: 0,0:11:18.15,0:11:24.87,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"We're taking a girl with us to the southern island."
Comment: 0,0:11:26.04,0:11:27.20,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"We want to go to Sardinia..." (This is the last part he reads before he opens the hatch and sees the rest of it. And obviously this is where the warning lights start to go off in his head.)
Comment: 0,0:11:31.42,0:11:32.67,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"We're being eaten by a corpse."
Comment: 0,0:11:31.75,0:11:32.67,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"Help us!"
Comment: 0,0:11:33.75,0:11:35.34,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"The poor man was tossed aside like a filthy rag. He died with a grudge."
Comment: 0,0:11:35.34,0:11:36.50,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"That grudge gives it energy."
Comment: 0,0:11:36.50,0:11:38.76,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"An energy that was first activated upon his death. An energy that even he had never seen before he died."
Comment: 0,0:11:40.13,0:11:42.68,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"Now that he's a corpse, it can no longer be killed."
Comment: 0,0:11:49.89,0:11:52.56,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"The name of the enemy Stand is Notorious B.I.G"
Comment: 0,0:11:49.89,0:11:52.56,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"Help. Please. I can't take much more..."
Comment: 0,0:11:49.89,0:11:52.56,Caption,Ep24 Graffiti,0,0,0,,"Before I die, I just want one last chance to eat pizza from my hometown of Naples."
Old 2019-03-31, 10:30   Link #234
alex_drian

NANI!!?

I love when they shout like that.

Actually is a good plan of the boss to kill the White Mage, pretty much they had already being killed if not for Golden Experience powers, btw, what happened with the reflect attack?

And the user of the week, how in the fuck he knew about that kind of power. I suppose the benefit of being in the organinzation was living as a king until the day of their mission.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 10:34   Link #235
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Notorious BIG is what happen when you mix Stray Cat (activated upon death), Sheer Heart Attack (automatic stand that follow movement in the case of BIG) and Yellow Temperance (a flesh eating blob).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 10:49   Link #236
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post

For the record, here's what the text says:
Was that translated from the Italian or the Japanese subtitles? It's close enough but quite off in some points. Like "cazzo" is an interjection that has pretty much the same use of "fuck". Used alone it's never a direct insult like "moron".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 12:43   Link #237
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Was that translated from the Italian or the Japanese subtitles? It's close enough but quite off in some points. Like "cazzo" is an interjection that has pretty much the same use of "fuck". Used alone it's never a direct insult like "moron".
Japanese. I don't know Italian. So yeah, it might not be quite right... But surely it's better than literally nothing.
Old 2019-03-31, 13:31   Link #238
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Japanese. I don't know Italian. So yeah, it might not be quite right... But surely it's better than literally nothing.
Yeah, and as I said it's close enough, the general meaning is intact.

I noticed before that the Japanese subtitles and the actual Italian sentences don't really perfectly match, maybe the Italian translator took some liberties. It's actually pretty good Italian, which is "bizarre" considering the many cases of engrish anime are famous for.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-03, 23:37   Link #239
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say it is nice that Trish is getting something to do. She's been around for much of this trip, but essentially has just been luggage. So thank goodness she is getting that chance. A big opportunity to step up for not only her own sake, but for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
NANI!!?

I love when they shout like that.

Actually is a good plan of the boss to kill the White Mage, pretty much they had already being killed if not for Golden Experience powers, btw, what happened with the reflect attack?

And the user of the week, how in the fuck he knew about that kind of power. I suppose the benefit of being in the organinzation was living as a king until the day of their mission.
I really thought a major focus for Giorno would be that whole 'reflect damage' part of his ability. Instead he's really been simplified down to just being the white mage of the team. They at least did something cool with Josuke's powers despite also being the white mage. It just feels as if creating life and that life reflecting damage to anyone that injures it is such a fun possibility to play with for fights.
Old 2019-04-05, 14:51   Link #240
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

As long as Giorno isn't as overshadowed as Josuke back in part 4 (seriously, Jotaro and an ambulance instead saved the day), it's okay. Also, another sentinent Stand. Guess it was needed for Trish to understand her powers.