AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2022-11-13, 15:22   Link #121
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
6th squad isn't the only squad with Lt having bankai. They're still the discounted Saitama duo in Zaraki's squad.
Not to be nit picky, but Ikkaku’s a third seat officer, not a lieutenant.
Old 2022-11-13, 18:55   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Not to be nit picky, but Ikkaku’s a third seat officer, not a lieutenant.
And he's been keeping his bankai a secret. There's really only Renji.
Old 2022-11-14, 00:57   Link #123
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To be honest Kubo is better at recycling the formula than Kurumada himself is (Next Dimension is absolutely terrible). And I say this as a really big Saint Seiya fan... the anime, that is.

What has always made Bleach stand out from other shounen is the cool factor, really. No other shounen from its time was as stylish as it was. Terrific character designs, great action, and transforming swords. The writing is uneven but can be surprisingly great at times, with memorable characters. And there are the infamous Kubo'd moments, which are sometimes amusingly retarded ("who said Espadas were counted from one to ten?") and others that were just good (the initial Aizen twist, the Hirako reveal, the Isshin reveal). You can tell he mostly makes things up as he goes along, but he does a fairly good job piecing things together. I'm quite fond of this arc's MASSIVE twist, which retroactively filled what appeared to be plot holes.
And, another of those cool attributes that you've already mentioned is, nonetheless, the music.

The soundtrack and inserts songs composed by that titan of a man and a legend on his own effort, Shirō Sagisu.

Many of the tracks or, at least, a good portion of them are sung and are not only instrumental diving right into the heat of the climax that the characters are experiencing; they just blow your mind as both listener and spectator.

I mean one just have to listen to both the instrumental and chorus versions for this three classic tracks: On the Precipice of Defeat, Nothing Can Be Explained, and Invasion, to recall how Bleach manages to move the plot through its music.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 11:13   Link #124
Frontier

What timing that Uryu finds the page detailing Yamamto and Yhwach's clash a 1,000 years ago right when they're about to kickstart their long-awaited rematch! Also some very effective interspersed flashbacks to said fight and Young Man Yama !

Shunsui has finally hit Quincy Jim Gordon, who seems as hyped for this fight as the audience .

That...that is some fabulous fight animation. So much power, so much finesse, and so much flair, all depicted spectacularly !

It was nice to get a cute Isane and Unohana scene in-between all the dead Soul Reapers and fighting. Also, Yukana !

Quincies and Soul Reapers may be destined to fight, but maybe not Ichigo and Uryu .

THIS IS NOT A DRILL! CAPTAIN YAMAMOTO HAS JUST UNLEASHED HIS BANKAI, ZANKI NO TACHI !!!

Jeez, just how hardcore is Yamamoto going to get in this fight? First he drains all the water in the area, slashes through everything with the tip of his sword, becomes a living sun, summons the CG corpses of Yhwach's dead subordinates to attack him, and then finally slices him through! They really shouldn't have touched Sasakibe .

I hope Yhwach won't miss his torso...except he won't, because that was never actually Yhwach to begin with! RIP Royd Lloyd, you actually did a great job advancing the Quincy cause, even if you're reward was...getting vaporized by the leader you posed as .

So not only did they destroy the Squad 1 barracks (and possibly killed Okikiba), but they even contacted...AIZEN!? Yhwach was trying to recruit him!? And Aizen and Show Hayami haven't missed a beat at all, basically telling off Yhwach that he has no intention of working with him because to him Quincies and Soul Reapers are effectively the same. And Yhwach just leaves him because it would take too long to kill Aizen .

Okay...now that is a pretty epic way to summon your true sword with that energy arrow. And then Yamamoto gets sliced. And we get an ominous Byakuya poem to end things on. Yikes .
Old 2022-11-14, 17:19   Link #125
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was one heck of an episode.

I suppose it shows that the most troublesome abilities are deceptive. Fitting the guy was meeting with Aizen while using the same kind of troublesome powers that Aizen uses. Of course not that seeing through the deception would have done much good. Yamamoto still had to put up a serious effort to cut down the imposter. He definitely could have done so with much less effort, but that probably wouldn't have changed the result. Yhwach was strong enough to steal his bankai.

Really, not having a good means to get around the bankai theft remains the biggest reason the Soul Reapers can't turn this around. it's fighting with their hands tied.

Honestly at this point the only slight advantage the Soul Reapers have here is the Vizards. Though the fact that we haven't seen any of them actually using their masks makes me wonder if they've simply agreed to not use them anymore after coming back to the Soul Society.

But hey, at least it was one heck of an epic episode. I still think it was more sensible for Yamamoto to go around crushing all the Stern Ritter since he could do it. But I can't blame him for rushing straight for the person he wanted to kill the most.

Definitely one of the most epic fire-based weapons and battles I've seen. Yamamoto may be done for, but he definitely put on a show. Really too bad that we still don't know how Urahara is doing or if Ichigo will ever arrive!
Old 2022-11-14, 17:23   Link #126
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yhwach was strong enough to steal his bankai.
That part is incorrect.

It's not that the other Quinces couldn't steal Yamamoto's Bankai, as there is no such restriction on power-level of the Bankai being stolen.

The issue was that, no one other than Yhwach could handle Yamamoto's Bankai.

So, it was practically useless on others (especially considering that the stolen Bankai is locked to the Quincy who stole it).
Which is why Yhwach informed other Quinces to not steal Yamamoto's Bankai.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 18:40   Link #127
sayde

Episode 6 was super hot fire.

I don't think I could've asked anything more from it TBH. WE EVEN GOT TO SEE YHWACH AND AIZEN's CONVERSATION!!! (In the manga, all we got for that scene was one panel showing Aizen and that's all.)

So between the pace, the animation, and the extended/original content, this continues to be such an amazing treat to look forward to on Monday's.

On a side note, I know people may look at the extended scene between Yhwach and Aizen as unnecessary, but I do hope the end of the conversation has the benefit of making it abundantly clear to folks that the Hogyoku never rejected Aizen and that it continues to protect his soul even now.

Last edited by sayde; 2022-11-14 at 18:52.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 19:32   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode truly was fire.

I was blown away by the animation. They're really making that ten year wait worth it.

Yamamoto took a huge risk using his bankai, and it turns out his assumption they couldn't steal it because they didn't know all of its abilities was totally wrong. He was doomed to fail no matter what. Confronting Ywhach directly and alone was the wrong strategy. The imposter worked simply as a way to showcase Yamamoto's bankai. If it had been Yhwach, he would have just stolen it right away and killed him... which is what he ended up doing.
The saddest part is that he didn't even need to use his bankai. The anime skipped their backstory but the guy Kenpachi killed and the one impersonating Yhwach were twins, with both having the ability to take on another person's appearance but with one being able to copy their powers on top of it (the one Kenpachi fought) and the other able to copy their memories/personality. Yamamoto was so blinded by hatred he didn't notice "Yhwach" was weaker than he should be and took his time tormenting him. That said, Royd did seem pretty strong.

The anime team created an inconsistency showing Yhwach 1000 years ago looking exactly the same as the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
On a side note, I know people may look at the extended scene between Yhwach and Aizen as unnecessary, but I do hope the end of the conversation has the benefit of making it abundantly clear to folks that the Hogyoku never rejected Aizen and that it continues to protect his soul even now.
How is it any more clear than before? The very reason Aizen was imprisoned is that the hougyoku made him immortal and they have no way to separate it from him. What I found interesting is that Yhwach apparently has a way to kill him, but it will be too much of a hassle in the middle of a war.
Old 2022-11-14, 21:33   Link #129
Wandering Soul

Damn, that was one stellar episode. I was looking forward to this and it was everything I wanted plus more. The animation definitely went hard.

Poor Yamamoto. He got played badly and pretty much accomplished nothing for all his strength.
Old 2022-11-14, 23:34   Link #130
sayde

Quote:
How is it any more clear than before?
I stand open for correction on this, but in the manga, I can't recall anyone ever outright stating in black and white terms during the TYBW arc that the hogyoku is still merged with Aizen and that it's the very thing currently making him immortal.

It was always just a very obvious assumption/conclusion most of us made but not something explicitly spelled out by anyone in particular.

I believe this is the reason why I've seen some folks over the years continue to insist and believe that the reason Aizen lost to Ichigo is because the Hogyoku rejected him despite the manga implying otherwise. So perhaps Yhwach's statements in this episode can serve as proof to the contrary once and for all. Come to think of it, it might be one of the reasons why the directors saw fit to create this scene for the anime. (to make the reasons for his immortality more clear to viewers)

Quote:
What I found interesting is that Yhwach apparently has a way to kill him, but it will be too much of a hassle in the middle of a war.
I've got an opinion on that but since this is an anime thread, I guess I can't speak much to it if it delves into manga spoiler territory.
Old 2022-11-15, 00:04   Link #131
Frontier

The idea that it would take Yhwach too long to kill Aizen is the most Aizen thing ever .
Old 2022-11-15, 08:14   Link #132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I stand open for correction on this, but in the manga, I can't recall anyone ever outright stating in black and white terms during the TYBW arc that the hogyoku is still merged with Aizen and that it's the very thing currently making him immortal.

It was always just a very obvious assumption/conclusion most of us made but not something explicitly spelled out by anyone in particular.

I believe this is the reason why I've seen some folks over the years continue to insist and believe that the reason Aizen lost to Ichigo is because the Hogyoku rejected him despite the manga implying otherwise. So perhaps Yhwach's statements in this episode can serve as proof to the contrary once and for all. Come to think of it, it might be one of the reasons why the directors saw fit to create this scene for the anime. (to make the reasons for his immortality more clear to viewers)
Well, Urahara did say the Hougyoku rejected him as its master, but that doesn't mean it isn't still fused with him. The fact he remained immortal, which was stated before he was imprisoned, was proof enough. What was said in this episode doesn't change anything IMO.
Old 2022-11-15, 12:23   Link #133
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Really nice episode. And just like Demon Slayer, this episode actually elevated the manga in almost all aspects, especially in art. I always find the manga art during this arc was getting lazier & too simplistic.

Also, I actually like Yamamoto & Soul Society in general brought down a peg or two since I never really like their system, their rules & their attitude as the arbiter of people's souls.

Quote:
I believe this is the reason why I've seen some folks over the years continue to insist and believe that the reason Aizen lost to Ichigo is because the Hogyoku rejected him despite the manga implying otherwise.
Those people fought a losing battle defending Bleach's writing. We all know that Aizen was too strong and he got defeated by asspull MC plot armor BS.
Old 2022-11-15, 17:04   Link #134
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Those people fought a losing battle defending Bleach's writing. We all know that Aizen was too strong and he got defeated by asspull MC plot armor BS.
Don't even get me started. lol.

Quote:
Well, Urahara did say the Hougyoku rejected him as its master, but that doesn't mean it isn't still fused with him.
I never understood that logic since the Hogyoku is a sentient object that can choose what it wants to do. So it doesn't have to stay fused with Aizen and it certainly doesn't have to protect his soul from harm. If it truly were to reject him, it could simply let his body be destroyed by any attempt to execute him and that would be the end of it.

It also vexes me to see folks constantly either forget or ignore Ichigo's alternate hypothesis about the cause of Aizen's defeat (suggesting he subconsciously chose to lose his powers out of loneliness) as if Kubo would throw that in there intending us to ignore it since it came out of Ichigo's mouth and not Urahara's.

Quote:
What was said in this episode doesn't change anything IMO.
It's fine. We can agree to disagree.
Old 2022-11-17, 12:42   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Episode 6 was super hot fire.

I don't think I could've asked anything more from it TBH. WE EVEN GOT TO SEE YHWACH AND AIZEN's CONVERSATION!!! (In the manga, all we got for that scene was one panel showing Aizen and that's all.)

So between the pace, the animation, and the extended/original content, this continues to be such an amazing treat to look forward to on Monday's.

Honestly I think more attention needs to be given to how amazing that episode was . Definitely wondered what kind of Bankai Yamamoto had and how powerful he really was when going all out. And wow, it absolutely delivered on that front. I can totally buy Aizen taking extreme measures to deal with that guy.

And I liked the scene with Yhwach and Aizen. It wasn't that long and gave some interesting things to chew on.
Quote:
Don't even get me started. lol.

I never understood that logic since the Hogyoku is a sentient object that can choose what it wants to do. So it doesn't have to stay fused with Aizen and it certainly doesn't have to protect his soul from harm. If it truly were to reject him, it could simply let his body be destroyed by any attempt to execute him and that would be the end of it.

It also vexes me to see folks constantly either forget or ignore Ichigo's alternate hypothesis about the cause of Aizen's defeat (suggesting he subconsciously chose to lose his powers out of loneliness) as if Kubo would throw that in there intending us to ignore it since it came out of Ichigo's mouth and not Urahara's.

It's fine. We can agree to disagree.
It is an object with will of it's own, but it is still an object. It can't grow legs and walk off by itself. Despite the fact that it would have been destroyed with Rukia, it didn't pop out before her execution. It may have the will to grant strength and be able to make some choices. But I'm not sure it can undo the fusion with Aizen. Might be like a regretful purchase . It can stop powering Aizen up, but it can't get out of the fusion deal .

Could easily be wrong of course. And maybe the other theory from Ichigo is accurate. Entirely possible it is.
Old 2022-11-17, 23:03   Link #136
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though the fact that we haven't seen any of them actually using their masks makes me wonder if they've simply agreed to not use them anymore after coming back to the Soul Society.
Even if that was the case, pretty sure none of them would be respecting that agreement in light of the severity of this invasion.
Strahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-18, 08:00   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I had actually forgotten Ichigo's hypothesis. To me, it was wishful thinking on Ichigo's part, because he wants to see the best in everyone.
Old 2022-11-18, 22:11   Link #138
Alchemist007
*Author

Yamamoto really just stood there and got cleaved.
Old 2022-11-18, 22:12   Link #139
Galaxian

A new poster was released showing Kubo's designs for the original Gotei 13 Captain

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-18, 22:38   Link #140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
A new poster was released showing Kubo's designs for the original Gotei 13 Captain

Spoiler for :
Definitely looks like they were an interesting bunch . Even with Yamamoto in his prime I can imagine he had his hands full keeping that group in line.