AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 8.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-13, 03:00   Link #61
DoomRavager

Low expectations is always the best way to enjoy anything.

Spoiler for next episode preview:

I mean even if they're going to have BETA next episode, their combat choreography so far hasn't been really amazingly impressive. And it's pretty clear they don't have much of a budget to work with either, and the director was supposedly getting overworked until they added a codirector around episode 10.
Old 2012-08-13, 03:33   Link #62
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This episode was downright terrible. Yui's personality degenerated from a strong-willed but overly judgmental soldier to a stereotypical "class rep" tsundere.

And what's with the Japanese school swimsuits used by a UN army group in the freaking Caribbean? That doesn't make the least bit of sense. Even ignoring that, the whole ending scene was painful to watch.
Old 2012-08-13, 04:18   Link #63
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This episode was downright terrible. Yui's personality degenerated from a strong-willed but overly judgmental soldier to a stereotypical "class rep" tsundere.
Yui's tsundere interactions reminds me of Mai Tokiha from Mai-Hime.
Old 2012-08-13, 04:26   Link #64
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
All the funnier, since they have the same VA.
Old 2012-08-13, 06:20   Link #65
Dop
Mmmm....

On the basis of the last few episodes the show is turning out to be what I first expected it to be and not what I'd been led to believe from the tone of the first two episodes.

I shall be very disappointed if nobody gets killed horribly next week.
Old 2012-08-13, 07:52   Link #66
ookamigirl

Stranded on an island.
This was pretty interesting.
The girls sure had some interesting opinions about Yuuya.
With both of them injured, he didn't have an easy time.
Looks like the Russian girl has a weakness after all ^^"
There were some hints of jealousy between the girls too.
They sure got rescued rather quickly.
Takamura's punishment was pretty LOL

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-08-13, 08:35   Link #67
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I quite enjoyed this episode actually.

I just think some people are expecting a bit too much after playing Alternative. XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-08-13, 08:46   Link #68
dmaxzero

If the personality of Yui would have changed in a more pausated way... but noooo... in one chapter.

The guy hasnt done anything to trigger such an effect, and the chick goes tsun tsun... bleh. Hope next week is action packed, bloody and disturbing as Alternative universe should be.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:38   Link #69
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I shall be very disappointed if nobody gets killed horribly next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Hope next week is action packed, bloody and disturbing as Alternative universe should be.
This is a side-story about test pilots, and we're only 7 episodes into a 24-episode anime. I too expect death and intense action to come into the story at some point, but I wouldn't place my bets on it happening next episode. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, though.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:53   Link #70
rafael1932
claymores pimp

This episode was pretty weak and the people saying to stop reading if you liked the episode said everything I wanted to say.

The problem is that I don’t see any good stuff lately. For example would not be better if we saw the differences in battle of the Japanese mecha and the Americans ones ? why the Japanese must be better than the others when we could have the American on the same league but better at doing other stuff. I don’t mind if the Japanese mecha are better but I don’t see why - they seems equal to me, I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Next episode "Far East Battle Lines" looks to be promising. Perhaps most of the main characters will die in joyfully horrible ways (especially the annoying ones) and we'll get back to the bugs eating faces part of this series that is/was? so wonderful.
This or some information about the aliens since the ones we saw so far seems war dogs to me.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:15   Link #71
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I don't care what you guys said, but this episode is pretty awesome for me. I mean, Yui is cute and seeing Chryska every time is always good too

...Though in terms of development, I still find it rather lacking. I don't get why Yui could get attracted with Yuuya that easily after what happened... but I don't really get girls in the first place either so I don't think I'm fit to talk about it like this.

Old 2012-08-13, 11:46   Link #72
Destined_Fate

Well, if you look back her hating on him might just been her way of expressing interest. After all, she ignored pretty much everyone else but Yuuya.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:06   Link #73
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
For example would not be better if we saw the differences in battle of the Japanese mecha and the Americans ones ? why the Japanese must be better than the others when we could have the American on the same league but better at doing other stuff. I don’t mind if the Japanese mecha are better but I don’t see why - they seems equal to me, I must say.
Not really the best thread in which to say this, but leaving aside any information from other sources, focusing only on the anime, it was never stated that Japanese mecha are better than American. Neither are they in fact better than American mecha. It's even stated in the anime that the engines on the best the Japanese have to offer besides the Takemi (Type-94-1C) have outright inferior performance to those on the Strike Eagle and have to get around the limitation by rigorous control with supplementary control surfaces. When they said that American TSFs use brute thruster power to maneuver, that wasn't saying they were inferior to oh so elegant Shiranui, that was acknowledging an area in which they were definitely superior because they had superior thrust to weight ratio and can maneuver with thrusters alone. On the flip side the Shiranui is by Yuuya's account much twitchier and sensitive than the Strike Eagle, hence arguably very responsive and maneuverable if handled properly even if engine power is inferior.

That's why Yuuya spend a whole story arc trying to get a handle on the Fubuki and Shiranui, because they handle completely differently from what he's used to. They pretty much are arguably "better at doing other stuff" from each other.

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-08-13 at 12:28.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:09   Link #74
John117xCortana

So they are pretty much opposites of each other ?
Old 2012-08-13, 12:35   Link #75
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Next episode "Far East Battle Lines" looks to be promising. Perhaps most of the main characters will die in joyfully horrible ways (especially the annoying ones) and we'll get back to the bugs eating faces part of this series that is/was? so wonderful.

(5/10) I already feel the stitches of universe unraveling with me giving it such a high score. I dare go no higher.
I read through your post and I had mostly the same complaints about the last two episodes. IMO the reason why they green-lit it is because they knew that given their demographic, they could get away with it. Frankly, they had the choice of either finding a clever, well-conceived way of providing some sexually-tense scenes and development of Cryska's background, or going the easy route of "BEACH ARC FTW". They chose the easy route, military code and realism be 100% damned, because they knew that most people would keep watching it nevertheless.
Then again, from the start you see that this is a fanservice-focused anime, judging from "dem bodysuits" alone, and we can't expect too much from it.

I really hope they are trying to copy Evangelion in having a few light-hearted, "typical anime" episodes at first to contrast with the future downward spiral into death and destruction. If it takes a beach arc to do that, I'll turn a blind eye.

PS: Chobi needs to die. No use for her type on the battlefield.

EDIT: Also, I totally called the Scarlet Twins' aversion to the ocean, just forgot to say it last time.
Old 2012-08-13, 12:53   Link #76
maximilianjenus
[E]

I see a lot of misconceptions about muvluv, while some are the viewer's fault (like complaints directed at the last scene when in the previous episode thye made it pretty clear one of the reasons they went to the island was for that last scene to happen) I want to blame the director..

For what I have gathered the point of muvluv is throwing is to use harem archetypes and tropes in ane nd of the world, mecha series, the problem I ahve with muvluv is that we are getting average to decent mecha stuff but below average harem, I mean the harem moments feel inferior to green green, I still value the experiment and don't want to be so harsh, but the execution is lacking and one has to fill many holes for the episodes to work.
Old 2012-08-13, 13:38   Link #77
klare

at the middle of the eps, was kind of wishing the betas show up and start eating them...

the problem could be the 3 main chars are not likable enough, oh that "punishment" at the end is also a bad idea, they could be sued^^
Old 2012-08-13, 13:41   Link #78
Destined_Fate

Not likeable? We don't know that much about Cryska before this episode but Yui is plenty likable. Yuuya is a bit of a blockhead with issues but he isn't all bad and he seems to feel bad that Yui really took his whole hating Japanese thing to heart.
Old 2012-08-13, 14:13   Link #79
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
at the middle of the eps, was kind of wishing the betas show up and start eating them...

the problem could be the 3 main chars are not likable enough, oh that "punishment" at the end is also a bad idea, they could be sued^^
Well the Russians had the right idea. Use an unrevealing school swimsuit.
Old 2012-08-13, 14:30   Link #80
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Wasn't there suppose to be a scene during the rescue

Spoiler for UN: