AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 35 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-08, 22:09   Link #81
Seihai
スマイリウム

Another very good episode. The good parts have been mentioned already. I liked the Rikka sequences and Isshiki sequences both equally, and I didn't feel that the smaller serious parts with the hints about the upcoming drama were disjointed. Maybe the scenes stood out too much (I got slight goosebumps when they held hands in front of the train lol) so the train scene seemed kinda standalone. I think the biggest surprise was Kumin's interest in Isshiki's head. I mean, it is essentially meaningless but it could very well lead to romantic development in the future. I don't expect it because they aren't main characters, but in my head they're as good as together.

As for who wrote the love letter, it would be good if that issue popped up later again but as Shinka said, now that it lies in the past it doesn't really matter now (probably).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Please don't make up crap about German.
Seconded.
Old 2012-11-08, 22:14   Link #82
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Everyone denying it is bro-code too
As Ishiki pointed out, it's only a matter of time before the truth come out. Everyone keep denying it will result in every guy going down with him. You see, everyone kept their mouth shut because they kept the bro code--they won't spill their secret, but Ishiki also fellow the code as someone who started it--he took all the blame upon himself. That's why he earned the clapping.

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-11-08 at 22:17. Reason: toasting is a wrong word
Old 2012-11-08, 22:15   Link #83
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Can I say something?

I believe that Mori Summer is going easy on the physical battles with Deko. When she's trying to have her drink the milk, she tries to force it to her on even terms, then when Yuuta tells her to turn around, she quickly gets pissed off and raises her from the twintails completely tilting the scale.

Same when Deko comes in the room to be ambushed by Mori Summer. They have a small sparring match till MS gets annoyed and quickly finishes it.

Either she's enjoying herself too much with Deko, or actually wants to prove to herself that she's better than her by fighting at her level.

Or she's just a tsundere.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-08, 22:32   Link #84
Sakanaka Shouko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Can I say something?

I believe that Mori Summer is going easy on the physical battles with Deko. When she's trying to have her drink the milk, she tries to force it to her on even terms, then when Yuuta tells her to turn around, she quickly gets pissed off and raises her from the twintails completely tilting the scale.

Same when Deko comes in the room to be ambushed by Mori Summer. They have a small sparring match till MS gets annoyed and quickly finishes it.

Either she's enjoying herself too much with Deko, or actually wants to prove to herself that she's better than her by fighting at her level.

Or she's just a tsundere.

Arty
Mori Summer actually likes having a fan such as Dekomori, but she doesn't want to admit that because of shame of her chuunibyo period. That's my guess.
Old 2012-11-08, 22:36   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

When you get into fights with kids (and that's how Nibutani sees Dekomori) you'll find yourself being brought down to their level very fast. That's all there is to it.

Personal experience.
Old 2012-11-08, 22:55   Link #86
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
I don't understand why the poll is such a big fuss? In my high school there even was poll for boys too, and anyone can see the result if they want to.
IMO that is what happens when a bunch of insecure girls are guided by an alpha bitch (aka niBUTAni) >_<
Old 2012-11-08, 23:09   Link #87
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Alpha biatch? I thought that she was just doing the only thing she could do as class rep. Also, she knows that it isn't the only one guilty (yuuta was in it as well) yet she says nothing...

Arty

PS: I'll have your head in the name of my queen if you say something like that again...

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-08, 23:14   Link #88
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Alpha biatch? I thought that she was just doing the only thing she could do as class rep.
To me it looks like she is pressing the point in search of blood, even the teacher tried once to tone it down.

Quote:
I'll have your head in the name of my queen if you say something like that again...
... are you playing Hamlet and trying to rehearse the scene where he says "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio ..." :-p
Old 2012-11-08, 23:38   Link #89
FateAnomaly

I am a little surprised nobody tried to stop Rikka from climbing up and down with the rope. It is a pretty dangerous thing to do and she doesn't look like she has strong upper limb strength but she is climbing with just her hands w/o using her legs as safety.

Regarding the notebook, i think Nibutani just wanted to show she has a strong leadership by taking the issue seriously. She doesn't really care about the polls. She probably knows the culprit anyway since she is at the station with Isshiki where the notebook is lost (and found). She is first anyway so she is probably happy inside but has to act indiginant so the other girls wouldn't be unhappy.
Old 2012-11-09, 00:05   Link #90
larethian

The effect of that recitation of the holy words by a servant of darkness was funny. Nibutani can always be countered using that. And I love that passage (It's Love!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
this is absolutely the most outrageous and funniest parody of chuuni's OP i ve ever seen, open it at ur own discretion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhRc...eature=mh_lolz
My eyes bled......
Old 2012-11-09, 00:17   Link #91
Shadow5YA

Perhaps it's the culture difference, but I don't understand why it's such a big deal that the boys held a popularity contest for the girls. Unless there were some comments included in the voting that were offensive, how is it demeaning to the point where someone has to be called out and punished for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I am a little surprised nobody tried to stop Rikka from climbing up and down with the rope. It is a pretty dangerous thing to do and she doesn't look like she has strong upper limb strength but she is climbing with just her hands w/o using her legs as safety.
Who would be there to stop her? Touka isn't home yet, and by the time Yuuta notices, Rikka is already climbing down the rope.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-11-09 at 00:30.
Old 2012-11-09, 00:59   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
To me it looks like she is pressing the point in search of blood, even the teacher tried once to tone it down.
I don’t think it’s entirely her idea though. She’s not the one who found the notebook. It was someone else (most probably a girl). Receiving a report like that (and most probably some complains too), she as a class representative, has to (or forced to) take action of course. Considering Shinka’s real character, she won’t care much about the notebook or poll if not for other people. That’s just my take on the notebook issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Perhaps it's the culture difference, but I don't understand why it's such a big deal that the boys held a popularity contest for the girls. Unless there were some comments included in the voting that were offensive, how is it demeaning to the point where someone has to be called out and punished for it?
The bolded part is probably the case. Maybe there's some offensive things in the poll (like "A's chest is flat", "B is fat", or worse). Shinka & the notebook-founder just didn't reveal it to class, or it happened off-screen.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:03   Link #93
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

And Nibutani just gets better. I loved the scene where she was speaking directly into Isshiki's open mouth
she was speaking next to his mouth, its all camera angle, same way they filmed Lord of the Rings where Gandalf was filmed to be talking to Frodo but actually the camera was angled to be on their side with Frodo facing forward but actually farther away in the room to create the effect that he was a Hobbit

Quote:
Lets put it this way, in America we simply go to the next class after the period is over so its no big deal with the popularity poll. But in Asia, students stay in the same room, with the same people, for the entire school year. So yea, its a problem when its found out that you made a popularity poll rating the girls in your class based on appearances when you are in the same classroom with them 7 hours a day 6 (not 5, they got school on Saturday too OTL) days a week, 240 days a year (60 more than us) and btw no religious holidays and random rainy days, day offs.

Last edited by monir; 2012-11-09 at 02:30.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:35   Link #94
FateAnomaly

Quote:

Who would be there to stop her? Touka isn't home yet, and by the time Yuuta notices, Rikka is already climbing down the rope.
But nobody said anything about it at all. And yuuta didn't do anything when she climb back up.
Old 2012-11-09, 02:38   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
and btw no religious holidays and random rainy days, day offs.
...YOU GUYS HAVE DAY-OFFS FOR RAINY DAYS !?
Old 2012-11-09, 03:02   Link #96
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Boys ranking the girls in the class can be a big deal because for some girls to rank high it means many girls will be ranked low. It hurts the feelings of a girl if she found out the boys in her class ranked her as the least attractive person in the room. Not to mention the resentment it may cause among the girls themselves, the loss of self-confidence, and the bad feeling in general of knowing what they are in the eyes of boys, etc...
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-11-09 at 03:33.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:12   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I also agree with this. It’d be less of a problem if it was Ishiki’s personal ranking. The problem is, it was a written poll done by the dudes in the class which was started and encouraged by Ishiki.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:34   Link #98
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Lets put it this way, in America we simply go to the next class after the period is over so its no big deal with the popularity poll. But in Asia, students stay in the same room, with the same people, for the entire school year. So yea, its a problem when its found out that you made a popularity poll rating the girls in your class based on appearances when you are in the same classroom with them 7 hours a day 6 (not 5, they got school on Saturday too OTL) days a week, 240 days a year (60 more than us) and btw no religious holidays and random rainy days, day offs.
I Italy, where I live, it's even worse. High school is five years and you still stay with the same schoolmates from start to end, while in Japan they get reshuffled every year.

And still I don't think that what Isshiki (and his classmates) did was such a big deal, unless I'm missing something.

Old 2012-11-09, 03:40   Link #99
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

*yawn*

This show is pretty boring.

Not a single character in this has an ounce of interesting depth. The humor has little charm now. No real direction to the story now as well, and if I can't laugh at the humor I'm wondering what's there left for me here.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:52   Link #100
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Nibutani is definitely growing I really enjoy her enthics, her Dekomori fights, her change between good and scary just so enjoyable to watch. Kumin is a great cute senpai, I wouldn't mind being a pillow for her. Yuuta has excellentchemistry with everyone which makes the character interaction here top so interesting.

On the love letter part if it were Nibutani I don't think she would be so calm about being asked about it, I wouldn't expect her to be flustered about it but perhaps a little shy about it, a blush or some looking away would have been some good way to hint at it. She also doesn't seem the type to use a love letter.