AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-23, 10:20   Link #5501
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Half joke, actually, Rubia has already mentioned that Fiana has more aptitude to become dark priestess than Claire.
then why did they choose Claire?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 10:50   Link #5502
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
then why did they choose Claire?
have you read the latest vol yet, if not then i will probably be quiet so you can read them, since the reason is already covered in the novel and the novel has up-to-date translation.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 13:26   Link #5503
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Half joke, actually, Rubia has already mentioned that Fiana has more aptitude to become dark priestess than Claire.
No. Actually the choice about the 'Darkness Queen' has nothing to do with disposition over the darkness element. At first they thought that Fianna was the best choice since she was ranked second as a princess maiden and the successor as the 'Fire Queen'. Rubia decided in using Claire only after she saw Claire using «Flame-Burning Flames». Rubia assumed that Claire's disposition as a Queen was superior to her own.

Resuming. The black aura that was leaking from Fianna was 100% a joke and has nothing to do with the 'Darkness Queen'.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 14:22   Link #5504
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Anybody know when the next volume is scheduled?
Old 2013-10-23, 14:24   Link #5505
GetInDaZone222

november 25
GetInDaZone222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 17:42   Link #5506
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Anybody know when the next volume is scheduled?
look at the series overview in bt.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 00:02   Link #5507
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
No. Actually the choice about the 'Darkness Queen' has nothing to do with disposition over the darkness element. At first they thought that Fianna was the best choice since she was ranked second as a princess maiden and the successor as the 'Fire Queen'. Rubia decided in using Claire only after she saw Claire using «Flame-Burning Flames». Rubia assumed that Claire's disposition as a Queen was superior to her own.

Resuming. The black aura that was leaking from Fianna was 100% a joke and has nothing to do with the 'Darkness Queen'.
this is rather misleading, originally, Rubia favored Fiana over Claire due to compatibility - aptitude rather than element, to put it more simple, all spirit contractor have no elements with the exception due to bloodline have spirit mixed in, prime example is dusk witch who use void, Kamito who can use 2 different elements but he's not a good example, or how Restia can use lightning, there are only 2 different in normal contractor and that is their compatibility and disposition, Fiana have more compatibility, but at this point like you said before, when Claire awakened the 2nd flame, her disposition toward priestess is higher than Fiana, and thus leading to a change in plan since Elstein family is a pre-determined bloodline with higher aptitude with flame due to their family history, so most normal priestess have better compatibility with darkness than claire.
Old 2013-10-24, 23:30   Link #5508
GetInDaZone222

Sorry i tried to understand that huge run-on but to no avail . I could just be a lil too drunk, but from what i read you think Restia uses the element lightning, which is incorrect. She uses the darkness element and her attack takes the form of lightning. About the topic though, im pretty sure Rubia's plan was to make Claire darkness queen from the star knew about Claire's potential before she saw her use the Elstein's flame.
Old 2013-10-24, 23:38   Link #5509
dragon1412

ah i already mentioned Restia and Kamito is a bad example, but my point is whether it's spirit or contractor all of them can possessed multiple element. While it's true that Restia Lightning is mainly carried dark attribute, it's still venture into different elements.
Old 2013-10-25, 02:28   Link #5510
GetInDaZone222

Restia's attacks are all of the darkness element. They dont have other elements mixed in. Im not sure where you got the idea that her attacks have multiple elements, but if you are saying because her attack takes the form of lightning they have to have the element lightning in them, thats incorrect. Ex. Hell blast(V6 ch3) takes the form of lightning but is clearly stated as darkness element. Contractors are capable of using different elements(in most cases using multiple elements would make said person not as proficient in both as they would be if they focused on 1 because their spirit magic gets stronger if their contracted spirit/spirit magic's attibutes match) but a spirit doesnt wield multiple elements.
Old 2013-10-25, 04:41   Link #5511
dragon1412

seem like you are correct, cross restia out of that example now.
Old 2013-10-25, 13:38   Link #5512
Thuruk
年上

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInDaZone222 View Post
Restia's attacks are all of the darkness element. They dont have other elements mixed in. Im not sure where you got the idea that her attacks have multiple elements, but if you are saying because her attack takes the form of lightning they have to have the element lightning in them, thats incorrect. Ex. Hell blast(V6 ch3) takes the form of lightning but is clearly stated as darkness element. Contractors are capable of using different elements(in most cases using multiple elements would make said person not as proficient in both as they would be if they focused on 1 because their spirit magic gets stronger if their contracted spirit/spirit magic's attibutes match) but a spirit doesnt wield multiple elements.
Wasn't there a multiple-element monster spirit somewhere earlier Muir used? I'm probably mistaken.
Old 2013-10-25, 14:54   Link #5513
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuruk View Post
Wasn't there a multiple-element monster spirit somewhere earlier Muir used? I'm probably mistaken.
There was, «Tiamat». A military spirit with five heads and capable of using all the elements. But this spirit is unique and a military one.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 18:20   Link #5514
Yye1
Wide Right

When will the cover be revealed?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 01:55   Link #5515
GetInDaZone222

While re-reading through this series, although i guess it would be obvious that this is true by the way things are going after V11/title of V12, i figure Est is definitely some type of higher being. The fact that Kamito says multiple times that the current Est(10% power) and Restia are both spirits of the highest rank yet their powers are equal could mean one of two things. The blackness the contaminated Restia is suppressing her power, which is doubtful seeing as Iseria didnt seem to be stronger once liberated, or Est is just a beast waiting to be unleashed lol. I hoped that Kamito would have compared the current Restia to the Restia of 3 years prior but nothing is said about that besides the nostolgic feeling. Im sure this has already been said, both this thought and whats coming, but ive wanted to mention it. V11 illustrations, Restia and Est are on the wrong arms!

Regarding v12's cp, im sure it will be up on BT when it is known. Just have to be patient, its killing all of us (Sorry for the wall)
Old 2013-10-27, 12:25   Link #5516
Meltyred

Possibly the Restia from the spirit wars back then was stronger then when she met Kamito, she was sealed by the Instructional School then at the time also. (Until broken free thanks to Greyworth) She could have gotten weaker due to passage of time.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 17:40   Link #5517
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Possibly the Restia from the spirit wars back then was stronger then when she met Kamito, she was sealed by the Instructional School then at the time also. (Until broken free thanks to Greyworth) She could have gotten weaker due to passage of time.
maybe the moment when Kamito will awaken completely the Dark Lord's power
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:46   Link #5518
Yami no Ou
まおう

Restia's true power might come back when Ren Ashdoll's will is removed from her
Old 2013-10-27, 20:54   Link #5519
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInDaZone222 View Post
While re-reading through this series, although i guess it would be obvious that this is true by the way things are going after V11/title of V12, i figure Est is definitely some type of higher being. The fact that Kamito says multiple times that the current Est(10% power) and Restia are both spirits of the highest rank yet their powers are equal could mean one of two things. The blackness the contaminated Restia is suppressing her power, which is doubtful seeing as Iseria didnt seem to be stronger once liberated, or Est is just a beast waiting to be unleashed lol. I hoped that Kamito would have compared the current Restia to the Restia of 3 years prior but nothing is said about that besides the nostolgic feeling. Im sure this has already been said, both this thought and whats coming, but ive wanted to mention it. V11 illustrations, Restia and Est are on the wrong arms!

Regarding v12's cp, im sure it will be up on BT when it is known. Just have to be patient, its killing all of us (Sorry for the wall)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
This is a good point to clarify. Est currently possess ten percent of her original power, as in what she had when Areshia was her master. Restia is at full power at the time she reunites with Kamito. And, yes, he says they are roughly equal in power.

Now for clarification. Est in unsealed form would thrash Restia, and Laeventain (the real thing, not just the sword form), and Greyworth (prior to losing her power) all at once in a matter of seconds. Restia specifically says that she can mess around with Est because she(est) is sealed, but that Restia would have no way to oppose the unsealed Est. She even goes so far as to mention that the Elemental Lords themselves are afraid of her.

In short, if Est wasn't sealed this series would have ended the moment Kamito stepped into the throne room of the Lords.
Old 2013-10-27, 21:33   Link #5520
Chris38

^ And that's the reason, why I doubt that Est is going to reach her full power, until we are pretty close to fighting the final boss of this story.

Since in other cases, it would make Kamito's fights too predictable, and ... also reduce the number of chances that Kamito's harem could assist him, in his fights.

Finally, there is also the fact that releasing Est would also increase the effectiveness of her curse, which would ultimately result in Kamito reaching a bad end.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap