AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-17, 09:20   Link #21
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
I dont get this tread... Gaara did have complications, he couldnt actually even touch lee until lee was drained of all his energy for like 4th time. Even then Gaara could barely move his hand to perform Desert Coffin.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:24   Link #22
brassmonkey

I'd agree to a certain extend.

rock lee is definitely powerful. if u ask me.. i'd say with a little luck, he would kick neji's ass hard as well

these 2 characters, gaara and neji, they rely on ultimate defence.

but don't forget,inside gaara lurks a demon, i ain't sure rock lee's power punches would do anything to it.

hey, neji vs gaara, whos better?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:25   Link #23
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

im saying gaara wasnt even trying at first. and if he could have pulled his trump card out, it would have been all over for lee. lee never stood a chance if we knew the potenial power of gaara then
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:26   Link #24
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
I dont get this tread... Gaara did have complications, he couldnt actually even touch lee until lee was drained of all his energy for like 4th time. Even then Gaara could barely move his hand to perform Desert Coffin.
Indeed.

Gaara had a hard time with Lee after all. Gaara himself. But Shukkaku would beat Lee to a pulp

For those who don't know: Shukkaku is the name of the monster sealed within Gaara.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 09:57   Link #25
Tboz

Neverthless Gaara was scratchless when he won the fight. Lee was like half-dead and half-paralysed and he would have died if Gai didn't stop the fight.

Gaara never knew how strong Lee is until he actually fights him, so he won't know what to use on him. Lee gave his all to try and beat Gaara, but Gaara won and he still has unused tricks inside his gourd. The most Lee could do was to crumple his sand armour.

To really compare, do it with Sasuke's coming fight with Gaara, you will know how much more that fight was harder for Gaara.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 10:27   Link #26
ChouOishii

hmm.. neji beating gaara? [SPOILER]we just saw in neji's spiderdude fight that hit chakra-blocking moves can be stopped by armor (spider semen armor, at least), so exactly how would he have beaten gaara? ^_^ he's not as fast as lee and the only offensive move he has doesn't really do any damage, just stops his opponent from using chakra.

and from what we've seen of gaara, only severe pain even slows him down. I think during the lee fight he was just too surprised that someone was standing up to him to do anything.
ChouOishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 14:12   Link #27
Shadamehr

I still think it was entirely possible for Lee to have won this fight. Consider the scenario where both of them goes all out and fight intelligently from the beginning of the fight.

Spoiler:
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 14:39   Link #28
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

So as a concluding point let me say it again please : )

WTF! Who the heck said that gaara beat lee easily? !

Pro-lee fans WON : p
Old 2003-12-17, 15:04   Link #29
Wintrow

I'm pro-Lee but I'm also trying to be realistic.

Can the monster inside Gaara share his chakra and heal Gaara like Kyuubi can do to help Naruto? Because then Lee would be royally screwed. If not... well, If Lee had opened up one (1) gate at the very beginning of the match and thrown a kunai at Gaara's face at full speed/power then Gaara's dead.

I have not read the manga.

Not to drag the discussion off-topic but is Henge no jitsu a Genjitsu or a Ninjitsu?

How much can you change yourself with Henge? Akamaru (Kiba's dog) can make itself look and act like Kiba. So, if a dog can change into a man could Naruto change into a dog (or fox )?

I don't think Sasuke can win against Gaara in the chuunin finals. That means from Naruto vs Neji Naruto goes on and from Gaara vs Sasuke Gaara goes on. Making Naruto vs Gaara.

I'm thinking, if Naruto calls upon Kyuubi's chakra, then Henge's into a a giant nine-tailed fox including teath and claws...

Dump the giant toad and turn Gaara into a bloody stain under Naruto's paw.
Wintrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 15:27   Link #30
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
But gaara is the man, and get him made enough and he'll destroy you. So all in all, lee never had a chance.

Lee never had a chance? -_-"

Lee had MORE then just a chance, infact if he was the only one who ever hit gaara like that, then i'm pretty sure he HAD more than a chance.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 15:32   Link #31
Tboz

It won't be an intelligent fight then...

Opening the gates and using the Lotus impose too much of stress on the body, its a self-damaging technique after all. If you still can't defeat the opponent with that, you are sitting duck. Not only will you lose, you are putting your life on the line as well. Moreover, Lee must be able to move before he can perform Taijutsu, while Gaara can order his sand to the dirty work.

That's why its always good to test out the opponent's strength first. It won't be wise if Gaara is actually weak and Lee goes all out and wasted his body before the last round of the exam. Hence the rule that Gai had set for the use of Lotus.

Going all out is also unwise since the contest is open to the other genins. You should always minimise the use of your most powerful jutsu to keep the element of surprise in the later stage of the exam. And when you mean both of them going all out, Gaara's all out defense won't necessary lose to the Lotus offenses, and we all know how Gaara managed to reduce the damage of his attacks.

Manga spoiler...
Spoiler:
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 15:38   Link #32
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
i think lee would have won had he had two kunai's, gaara couldnt stop him or see him at all, so, stab gaara in both sides of the neck and the fight is won.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 15:56   Link #33
Izlude
Sharingan!

all lee had to do was not use lotus. keep bashing in the sand armor until gaara doesnt have enough chakra to use it again. win.

here's what i dont understand. when lee did primary lotus, he beat the tar out of him for awhile supposedly knocking the sand armor off him. i understand that the gourd protected his backside from colliding with the ground, but he got popped twice, right in the chest, by lee's strongest attack. hell, one of lee's regular punches cracks the armor. after getting juggled and he "can't defend himself anymore", those two super-blows to the chest should have killed him instantly. i thought that was kind of...eh.
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 19:06   Link #34
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
To all those who think that gaara beat lee with no complication they are completely worng. Why? Because gaara was a slow guy, his attacks were totally useless all the time, plus he didn't make any smart moves at all (exept when he scapes from the lotus) It was just because he had that super-ass defence that he could wait until the last moment when lee was totally wornout to then finish him off without effort.

Besides that, lee's speed and strengh were FAR more superior because he avoided every gaara's attack by moving fast or by defending himself after the lotus.

In conclution if lee were a little smarter (becuase he is not smart at all when he fights) he could defeat gaara by detecting his weak points. But no, what a jerk, he just showed everything he had a once without using any tactis at all.
Your post just sums it up, Gaara had his defense so he could just wait him out, Lee is stupid, bam bam Lee=Pwned
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 19:47   Link #35
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
lee didn't have a chance realy i dont htink either ... it wouldn't have been easy for gaara..but he still would have won.. when gaara got up he was pretty much unharmed from the fight and was able to walk juss fine.. he looked hurt but was still in pretty good condition... for those of u who havn't read the manga .. u can't really make a disision here becuase u havn t' even scratched the surface of what gaara is capable of.. 2 reasons that gaara didn't realy use any of his skills in the fight is 1 .. he thought lee would have been nothing ... and 2.. baki doesn't want him bringing attintion to the sand geenins
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 21:09   Link #36
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

all i have to say here is this
if lee was smarter and relized that he couldnt beat gaara with the ura renge then he probably wouldve won
gaara himself is not great its just that the sand pprotects him so basically shukkaku does the fighting for him stupid badger

for all of you that say gaara wouldve just transformed and pwnd lee then your gravely mistaken if gaara started to transform all of the jounin in the place wouldve attacked him in a second
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 21:39   Link #37
brassmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-pimp
if lee was smarter and relized that he couldnt beat gaara with the ura renge then he probably wouldve won
gaara himself is not great its just that the sand pprotects him so basically shukkaku does the fighting for him stupid badger

for all of you that say gaara wouldve just transformed and pwnd lee then your gravely mistaken if gaara started to transform all of the jounin in the place wouldve attacked him in a second
not really. u'll notice later gaara transformed while fighting with sasuke

none of the jounins did anything
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 21:43   Link #38
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-pimp

The only one there, including all the jounin, who would have a chance in hell against Gaara once he transformed into Shukkaku was the 3rd.
At the end of the fight with Lee all Gaara had were a few bruises. He was fine once he recovered from the shock he felt when he realized lee's abilities. If Lee had managed to do any significant damage to Gaara he would transform automatically. If that wasn't a facter, Lee would have a slim chance to succeed if he managed to wear Gaara down. Ura renge was the only move Lee has that could have broken through the sand armor, so Lee would have been forced to keep up his full speed until gaara ran out of chakara for the sand armor. Neji would have been a better match against gaara because Desert coffin wouldn't work against him. Still Neji would probably run out of chakara first, and have to be saved by Gai when he could no longer escape using the kaiten.
Kamui4356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 21:56   Link #39
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
after hearing all this i really cant wait for the gaara/sasuke fight.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 22:01   Link #40
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
after hearing all this i really cant wait for the gaara/sasuke fight.
<.<

Spoiler:
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote