Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2015-04-30, 12:15   Link #14301
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Erza's so strong now that she doesn't need to fight you to beat you...
Yea, it's getting freakin stupid..... Can't wait for a enemy to come with a ability to put her life in danger..............oh wait that will never happen, Erza will never be killed ever. This goes for the rest... Why does this manga get a pass and Naruto, Bleach and DBZ gets blasted for it?
Old 2015-04-30, 12:35   Link #14302
Saravis4

Reading the chapter and seeing Lucy in action, I was going to, at first, come here and say that I stand corrected that she's made some decent development and she has hope of not being the damsel in distress, but then she had to be saved in her very first one on one. Oh Lucy, I feel bad for you.

Also, disappointed that Gray ditched the coat, he looked Baus in that thing.

Oh and Erza, Ezra's already been talked about, so yeah.
Old 2015-04-30, 12:59   Link #14303
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea, it's getting freakin stupid..... Can't wait for a enemy to come with a ability to put her life in danger..............oh wait that will never happen, Erza will never be killed ever. This goes for the rest... Why does this manga get a pass and Naruto, Bleach and DBZ gets blasted for it?
It doesn't get a pass. People don't mind Natsu and Gray's track record so much, but people have been complaining about Erza since Ikaruga.

I don't think Death is something we should demand of a mangaka, or any story telling in general. It's a juvenile desire many of us have at some point that should be fought off most of the time because we're only asking for it so the manga will be dark or edgy or shocking or we think 'it'll make the stakes higher' and similar bullshit. The death of a major character should serve an appropriately meaninful *something* to the narrative and characters, not just be a shock or for change of pace. Naruto handled it's deaths fairly well; anyone "blasting" Naruto for its lack of deaths...I have no idea what they're smoking.

It's more appropriate to want to see characters lose once and a while just so it seems like they have a new challenge to overcome, a limit to surpass. No one demands that a Straw Hat pirate needs to die, for instance, but its good to see them get their asses kicked every once and a while. Erza's kind of the stand-out anti-thesis of that though; even if she gets beaten up she seems to conjur up some way of winning in the end, even though Ikaruga and Azuma both seemed to be inarguably better than she was at that time. I've seen plenty of people voice desire for to simply not be able to win a fight, even if that doesn't mean she comes close to dying.

And DBZ gets blasted by some people because the very nature of its afterlife and the dragonballs cheapens death sometimes. At first there was an "everybody gets one" thing that made it fine, but then there were other dragonballs, and a new set of earth dragonballs, etc.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 13:30   Link #14304
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Forget Ikaruga and Azuma, Erza won against Kyouka when she should have passed out from the pain caused by the wind's breeeeeze...but she took hits and kicked ass because, and I quote Happy, she's Erza.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 14:14   Link #14305
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I thought Manga series were on a break this week? Am I messing up weeks now?
Normally they would be on break this week, as the last issue was a double issue, which should have made this issue not come out (officially anyways) until 5/6. However Golden Week starting on a Wednesday seems to have forced them to release the next issue very early on 5/1 instead. In short, the release schedule looks like this:

4/22/15: WSM #21-22
4/29/15: No issue due to Golden Week which runs 4/29-5/5
5/01/15: WSM #23 - Released five days early on a Friday instead of the usual Wednesday
5/13/15: WSM #24
5/20/15: WSM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Erza won against Kyouka when she should have passed out from the pain caused by the wind's breeeeeze...but she took hits and kicked ass because, and I quote Happy, she's Erza.
1) "She should have passed out from the pain" has zero basis in the story. You're making things up, and then complaining that the story didn't adhere to what you made up. You might as well say that Sayla should have flat out died in the presence of Lisanna using the cat take-over because she's deathly allergic to cats. It would have as much validity as "Erza should have passed out from the pain".

2) It's amazing how many people think that one joke of Happy's was ever intended as a serious explanation.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 14:50   Link #14306
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Didn't Erza technically die in the Tower of Heaven arc? Granted it lasted like a minute, but she did technically die. Also @Kyero, I think it's because most fans already know that FT is the most bound to the tropes and are pretty much done with expecting something out of left field as long as it looks cool. It kinda explains why most fans, myself included, didn't even give these Avatar guys the time of day, also because of the timing of their reveal.
Old 2015-05-01, 02:14   Link #14307
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
1) "She should have passed out from the pain" has zero basis in the story. You're making things up, and then complaining that the story didn't adhere to what you made up. You might as well say that Sayla should have flat out died in the presence of Lisanna using the cat take-over because she's deathly allergic to cats. It would have as much validity as "Erza should have passed out from the pain".
When everyone around her cannot even stand up while doing nothing, Erza took a clean stomp kick and a barrage afterwards, not to mention the recoil from her own attacks afterwards. After the brain's pain receptors receive an excessive number of signals, they shut down as a defense mechanism, causing a person to pass out...and Erza should have DEFINITELY passed out after the first kick. She didn't receive any sort of power up or treatment, by the way, just somehow coped with it.

Now, what was it that I was making up? Is it also made up that you can't fight without any of your senses? Nobody explicitly stated it in that fight but it's pretty much common sense, but screw common sense, tell me she could somehow feel Kyouka's evil presence or trace her magic or whatever, but the pain? That shit was real and Erza herself is scarred by torment, she clearly did not overcome it in that fight as she is seen questioning humanity afterwards...so what did she do to deal with it against Kyouka?
Quote:
2) It's amazing how many people think that one joke of Happy's was ever intended as a serious explanation.
That's because there was no other kind of explanation given, even one within the logic of Fairy Tail. Natsu never won "just because" in any of his fights, there has always been something to justify his victory (be it ethernano crystals, golden flames, laxus' magic, Zancrow's dark flames or Jackal's curse). By the way, Natsu lost to Fukuro and had to be rescued by Gray, so I don't see why Erza always has to win her own battles.
Quote:
Didn't Erza technically die in the Tower of Heaven arc?
Yeah, she did, but that was against Jellal, who she didn't want to fight seriously. AFAIK people complain about her fight vs Ikaruga where Erza was clearly the lesser swordswoman and still prevailed, god knows why.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2015-05-01 at 02:30.
Old 2015-05-01, 13:07   Link #14308
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The ruling deity of Fairy Tail must love Erza very much.

Faith, belief, willpower - whatever you want to call it, she can use it apparently to accomplish whatever she needs.to do.
Old 2015-05-01, 14:31   Link #14309
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
The ruling deity of Fairy Tail must love Erza very much.

Faith, belief, willpower - whatever you want to call it, she can use it apparently to accomplish whatever she needs.to do.
How did you guess Hiro's nickname there tempest?^^;;
Old 2015-05-02, 14:16   Link #14310
Clipens

We don't know the real surname of Erza. She could be (really) the daughter of a "god".

-----

In the previous arc, Lamia scale's member fought Orochi's fin.
In this arc Sabertooth is NOT fighting VS Avatar.
Probably there will be a rematch battle Sabertooth VS Fairy Tail....
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 14:21   Link #14311
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If god slayer magic is anything to go by, gods shouldn't really amount to much :P
Old 2015-05-02, 15:15   Link #14312
DragonXX

I don't think the Gods are that weak because Dragon Slayer are said to have the power to Slay Dragon and in the GMT arc they could not even injure the Dragons and only won because Natsu Friendship Ex Machina one of the dragon.

Also I think the final arc of Fairy Tail will only have the black dragon and Zefer as the main enemies I don't think there will be an arc for each one of them because for some reason (Which I think we will find out about) if one of the two show up in the arc the other alway show up in the same arc later on. I am starting to think that both have to be kill at the same time or else they are unkillable.

Also to me it seen the arthor have Fairy Tail compete storyline plan out all ready because in the arc when they went to the other world they ended the problem of stealing all the Magic from that world which Natsu being the Great Evil Demonlord that stole all the Magic from the world and what was the plot of END group, it was to steal all the magic from Natsu World and who is END, it Natsu.

Is there another event that are just there for comedy because they may just be very important foreshadowing.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 15:24   Link #14313
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's actually a really nice catch, it was so long ago that I never made the connection.
Old 2015-05-02, 16:29   Link #14314
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipens View Post
We don't know the real surname of Erza. She could be (really) the daughter of a "god".

-----

In the previous arc, Lamia scale's member fought Orochi's fin.
In this arc Sabertooth is NOT fighting VS Avatar.
Probably there will be a rematch battle Sabertooth VS Fairy Tail....
Or she could have just been called "Erza", like she said. It's like how Mario and Luigi only have one name each (and no, "Mario Mario" and "Luigi Mario" don't count).

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 12:23   Link #14315
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
If god slayer magic is anything to go by, gods shouldn't really amount to much :P
Thats not fair by any stretch. Zancrow smoked natsu in the first fight and it took a ridiculous skill for him to lose. Wendy isnt top tier but Cheria handled wendy pretty well. Orga got clobbered by Jura who was the strongest human to deal with.

The god slayers are strong we havent seen an ice god slayer or otherwise but it was close.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 13:19   Link #14316
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They're strong, no doubt, definitely a step above dragon slayers...but when you consider stuff like Silver's magic, it's an entirely different level. Now, granted, he may have been a special case and maybe it doesn't even matter because so far the dragons were more powerful than the demons, but OTOH dragon-slayers have had three different power-ups (DD, DF and element assimilation) whereas everyone else has been fighting on a base level.

Mashima hasn't really given a backstory to the god slayers yet and I don't know if he's going to actually use them for anything big...but until he does, they feel marginalized along with so many other characters.
Old 2015-05-04, 16:45   Link #14317
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
They're strong, no doubt, definitely a step above dragon slayers...but when you consider stuff like Silver's magic, it's an entirely different level. Now, granted, he may have been a special case and maybe it doesn't even matter because so far the dragons were more powerful than the demons, but OTOH dragon-slayers have had three different power-ups (DD, DF and element assimilation) whereas everyone else has been fighting on a base level.

Mashima hasn't really given a backstory to the god slayers yet and I don't know if he's going to actually use them for anything big...but until he does, they feel marginalized along with so many other characters.
I agree, I mean, the most we've gotten with "back story" when it comes to God Slayer Magic is when Zancrow told Natsu that it was German Puke Sound (Hades/Precht) was the one who taught it to him.
Old 2015-05-05, 00:01   Link #14318
Clipens

Two minor Grimoire heart member fit the chinese zodiac theme. Probably they return with the other 10 animals and one of them is the new Fire God Slayers...
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 00:02   Link #14319
Ggb81
Exemplary Character

So I was browsing some OLD posts on this thread and came across a few choice hilarious in hindsight comments. Here they are for anyone who's interested

About the first mention of Wendy in chapter 101 (thread page 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
Here's hoping that's she's got a nice body, rivaling both Lucy and Erza.
Later...

About Mystogan's secret before chapter 120 (forum page 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
my guess for the cheesy secret would be that mistgun is a girl/woman.
Later...

About Edolas Erza before chapter 170 (forum page 121)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm still hoping and waiting for Demon Mira-chan and a gentle, shy, dere Erza(?)
Later...

Good times...
Old 2015-05-05, 03:20   Link #14320
Crazy Frog
Dead People

This week no wsm? 13/5 cont?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen