Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-17, 11:06   Link #12721
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You mean how Middle English became Modern English? Old English has very little resemblance to Modern English and sounds more similar to Icelandic.
I wasn't referring to Old English

Old English was used by the Anglo Saxon population, which is a scandinavian language form and would explain why it would seem Icelandic.

I'm talking Shakespeare, early modern english.
Old 2008-06-17, 11:24   Link #12722
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I wonder if Lelouch will return to Ashford end of next episode. Rolo's line will apply that way.

On the other hand, there is a possibility of the line belonging to Charles. Well, he did call someone by nii-san too And it is very likely since Geass ruin seems to be activated affecting C.C. V.V. must be satisfied on something.
Hmm, I hadn't considered Charles saying some of those Nii-san lines myself, could even apply to the ones in Turn 12 as well now that I think about it
Old 2008-06-17, 11:32   Link #12723
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hmm, I hadn't considered Charles saying some of those Nii-san lines myself, could even apply to the ones in Turn 12 as well now that I think about it
Quote:
This is such a tight schedule for nii-san, who has no physical strength.「体力がない兄さんに、こんなハードスケジュールを……」
That line is definitely Rolo's. Whose Nii-san's weak in stamina and has no physical strength? The schedule is sure tight

But it will be funny if that line is Charles' . V.V. is being teased. Not likely

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2008-06-17, 11:34   Link #12724
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Surprisingly, that could work. I still think it's Rolo though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-17, 11:49   Link #12725
KrimzonStriker

And what about the ones in Turn 11? There was a Nii-san line there too right? Plus V.V has been shown to be lurking around a bit
Old 2008-06-17, 11:59   Link #12726
Asleep

Quote:
That line is definitely Rolo's. Whose Nii-san's weak in stamina and has no physical strength? The schedule is sure tight

But it will be funny if that line is Charles' . V.V. is being teased. Not likely
I can just imagine V.V.'s face now and Charles telling this... lol Unless it is a joke I'm sure it's Rollo's line.
Old 2008-06-17, 12:21   Link #12727
fruitcage
<3

Quote:

lol this is hilarious. Like father like son? Imagine both saying that. VV to Charles, Rolo to Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-17, 12:36   Link #12728
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Some don't think it's clear while others seem quite sure of it.
Indeed, SEEM quite sure.

But by definition, it is only clear if the majority believe in similar things. When a small part of a group has an opinion that isn't shared by others, then it is not clear at all.

What ends up happening is that you, Dann, BELIEVE Code Geass showed that Kallen is the OTP of Lulu. (It's within your right to do so, by the way.)

But just because you can't see it any other way, doesn't make it a FACT. And just because we can't convince you otherwise doesn't make all the rest of us wrong.

Now, you can go ahead and have your views, but acting like everyone else is blind or dumb or both just because you are the only one who is claiming to see the "secret code" in Code Geass is going too far. Your words and beliefs are not Gospel.
Old 2008-06-17, 12:38   Link #12729
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If the show gave me any reason to think someone else was possible, I might consider it. It hasn't nor does it seem likely to do so.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-17, 12:43   Link #12730
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
If the show gave me any reason to think someone else was possible, I might consider it. It hasn't nor does it seem likely to do so.

Back to topic please, it was just getting interesting on the other page : /
Old 2008-06-17, 12:44   Link #12731
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Back to topic please, it was just getting interesting on the other page : /
There is no one topic for this thread.

Old 2008-06-17, 13:06   Link #12732
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I don't need you to consider it. But I do need you to stop making claims that you are the only one who is right and that everyone else is crazy for not seeing "the obvious".
Old 2008-06-17, 13:09   Link #12733
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Not everyone. The Kallen fans are fine I guess.

Old 2008-06-17, 13:13   Link #12734
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Indeed, SEEM quite sure.

But by definition, it is only clear if the majority believe in similar things. When a small part of a group has an opinion that isn't shared by others, then it is not clear at all.

What ends up happening is that you, Dann, BELIEVE Code Geass showed that Kallen is the OTP of Lulu. (It's within your right to do so, by the way.)

But just because you can't see it any other way, doesn't make it a FACT. And just because we can't convince you otherwise doesn't make all the rest of us wrong.

Now, you can go ahead and have your views, but acting like everyone else is blind or dumb or both just because you are the only one who is claiming to see the "secret code" in Code Geass is going too far. Your words and beliefs are not Gospel.
I know you guys are arguing about this OTP thing, but Lelouche's love life isn't even the main focus of the show. For all we know, they might kill that girl off before anything can happen or be set in stone.
Old 2008-06-17, 13:20   Link #12735
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Last I checked, Kallen fans are not demanding C.C.'s imminent death, or claiming that CC is definitely evil.
Kallen fans support Kallen because they actually believe she is better than CC as a part of OTP. Not because she was somehow the second-best choice and only there because C.C. is a monstrous demon or a cold corpse.

If you want to stop supporting C.C., fine. Do it already without making excuses.
Old 2008-06-17, 14:03   Link #12736
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Quote:
Actually, no, they're not all fine. Fans do/can like more than one character, fyi. So even if you are arguing seemingly in favor for the other, one who likes both [Kallen and C.C.] (and/or more) would still be vexed with most of your posts either way. (; (But maybe I'm in a minority here.)

Besides, this series isn't about who ends up with Lelouch. Remember, what started this whole series was Lelouch wanting to make a better world for Nunnally (and now, his friends), finding out who killed his mother and taking down our dear Charles in the process.

But this is getting ridiculous; don't drag the rest of the thread with members who would actually like to focus on something else (like, you know, the main plot or something) rather than who gets hooked up with our rebellious teenage-protagonist. (Take it to the romance thread, at least. That'd be much appreciated.)

Anyway~

Quote:
Nii-san, aren't you getting a little elated? 「兄さん、少し調子に乗りすぎではないですか?」
I think it could refer to our undercover agent finding out when she finds out Zero just pulled a "JUST AS PLANNED." But that'd be a little odd for Rolo to say to an imposter. Or, as Pink-chan pointed out, Lelouch returns to Ashford Academy by the end of the episode to make this apply to what is said.

I still find the whole idea for episode 12 a bit ludicrous. Gotta see what Milly makes Lelouch go through with that [somewhat physically-oriented] schedule. I mean, Lelouch possibly trying to outrun a bunch of girls during the whole event? The imagery is quite amusing, because we know the guy lacks stamina/endurance. And we love him anyway.
Old 2008-06-17, 14:09   Link #12737
Weird D
Just existing...

Don't know why but I've been having a bad feeling about Kallen's survival in the near future...

We've seen her getting closer to Lelouch, to the point they can be considered friends now, so from the 'evil director' point of view, having her die just as she's about to be rescued would make sense, kinda like they did with Euphie. Not to mention we're reaching the half-way point soon, with a new OP soon, so it would be the perfect moment.

Considering she's one of my favourite characters, I sure hope I'm wrong.
Old 2008-06-17, 14:10   Link #12738
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Don't know why but I've been having a bad feeling about Kallen's survival in the near future...

We've seen her getting closer to Lelouch, to the point they can be considered friends now, so from the 'evil director' point of view, having her die just as she's about to be rescued would make sense, kinda like they did with Euphie. Not to mention we're reaching the half-way point soon, with a new OP soon, so it would be the perfect moment.

Considering she's one of my favourite characters, I sure hope I'm wrong.

I'd give you 10 seconds head start before the rabid wolves come tear that theory to shreds
Old 2008-06-17, 14:16   Link #12739
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
I'd give you 10 seconds head start before the rabid wolves come tear that theory to shreds
Been trying to do it myself, but I figured I could use the help

Because if that happened, it'd probably ruin the show to me
Old 2008-06-17, 14:19   Link #12740
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

I think a bottom line to this is that if Kallen isn't rescued in Turn 11, a new Kallen-centered subplot will open for at least the next arc, or until she reunites with the OoBK. If she is rescued in Sunday's ep, I'm still not sure she'll be a major character in the next arc since it's seemingly centered on Jerry, Rolo and Ashford. C.C. might also be important in the next arc.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers