AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 21:25   Link #8221
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespringmoon View Post
Didn't say it wouldn't be 'fair'. It's not like I'm wishing Lelouch to be alone for the rest of his days. It just seems wrong. Everyone can say what they will, but I truly believe that given more time, Lelouch could've probably developed a serious relationship with Shirley. And I'd like to think that he already had dormant feelings about her that are going to prevent him from moving on within ten+ episodes.

I don't want to even get into that scene where he tries to kiss her. To me, that's not love, affection, or attraction. It was just a pitiful move on his part.

And it seems I've missed these scenes where he's flirting with Kallen... oh well.

Those we can do without, they just slowed the plot down a notch
Old 2008-07-06, 21:27   Link #8222
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Quote:
[...] And it seems I've missed these scenes where he's flirting with Kallen... oh well.
Oh, no, "flirting" isn't the right word for those situations. More like teasing.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:27   Link #8223
Eliarine

Quote:
I don't want to even get into that scene where he tries to kiss her. To me, that's not love, affection, or attraction. It was just a pitiful move on his part.

And it seems I've missed these scenes where he's flirting with Kallen... oh well.
We think alike, and we apparently share the same eye condition for not seeing said flirting scenes.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:28   Link #8224
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
A best option would have all three still alive in the end and as options. Shirley is dead and Lelouch despises C.C. beyond all reason. The only people who could ever benefit in the end are Kallen fans and no matter what they win in the end.

Nothing will ever happen between those two.

I've never seen C.C. depicted as "hotter" and I think that no one should pick a pairing based on such a fact.

She will die somehow. I don't see why Lelouch would care much after recent events though.
We don't live in your world and I think people can and will pick pairings base on what ever feelings and notions they have. If your saying that is superficial to do so, than thats your logic but not mine. I choose food that taste good not disgusting and bland. I like to do things that I'm attracted to (or with). Attraction gives off appeal, gives off purpose, supports the drive. I know that some people avoid delicious and healthy seafood cuz it looks disgusting but whom am I to tell them they can't do that.

Certain things are good advise and certain things are just a limitation of one's reality.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:28   Link #8225
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
And he treated it like a joke. Oh boy....
Well I'm not sure he treated is a joke, but rather he considered a price he was willing to pay. He even says that if he didn't take the deal, he'd be dead anyways, so he can only move forwards.

But I think in R2 he's come to realize that his struggle isn't just for Nunnally, and maybe his friends are part of the better world he hopes to build. When it was just for Nunnally, as long as she was safe, everything else was more or less expendable, and the downside in his Geass bargain (being alone in the end) wasn't such a harsh price to pay. Now? Not so much.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:29   Link #8226
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Kallen-Suzaku. Very hard to pull off, from all angles concerned.
With fiction anything is possible hence why it's fiction. After they put Shin and Luna together in GDS I won't put anything past Sunrise
Old 2008-07-06, 21:29   Link #8227
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
As for C.C., I don't reconize any major moments that show mutual romanctic feelings, seems like C.C. is attracted to Lelouch but Lelouch has yet to show some substantial evidence he has romanctic feeling for C.C..
There were never any. He never did, never could, and never will have anything in the way of feelings for C.C.. Especially with recent events. Fans would likely be disappointed if they pulled such a thing off anyway .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
No offense Dann but the same can be said for Lelouch and Kallen especially in the end so don't assume because a few romantic scenes in the season can change the tide overall, maybe something will happen we Lelouch finally decides to rescue her and maybe not we'll wait and see
Can it? Meh, the rescue doesn't matter anymore. Shirley is dead, Lelouch wants C.C. dead, and Kallen is still there with unresolved feelings. I can't even imagine the amount of complaining if they didn't address that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-06, 21:30   Link #8228
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
With fiction anything is possible hence why it's fiction. After they put Shin and Luna together in GDS I won't put anything past Sunrise
Oh, THAT pair. I don't see CG being that screwed up.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:31   Link #8229
Var
Banned

To be perfectly fair, a lot of the ideas thrown around now are what I'd like to call the GS-syndrome... or in simpler terms, stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post

Hey I what Kallen to end up with Suzaku but that's just asking for trouble around these parts
You make it sound like someone will attack you. Is it wrong for someone to question an idea they find incomprehesibly idioitic? If someone questions you, defend the point, don't just hide behind some facade of 'you don't respect my ideas'. If an idea is to be respected, it needs to be backed up.

I'm tempted to say that the entire KallenxSuzaku idea would never have existed if Gundam Seed didn't implant into people's minds the idiotic ways of how romance works.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:31   Link #8230
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Lelouch wants C.C. dead
No he doesn't that's just your opinionon the matter.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:32   Link #8231
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

This is Taniguchi, not Sunrise that is directing this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
No he doesn't that's just your opinionon the matter.
Actually, it's not simply that. He does want her dead as you will see soon enough.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-06, 21:34   Link #8232
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'm tempted to say that the entire KallenxSuzaku idea would never have existed if Gundam Seed didn't implant into people's minds the idiotic ways of how romance works.
Certainly, Athrun X Cagali is part of what put the idea into people's minds in the first place. And had that island-scene not happened, people might not even have considered it a possiiblity, but because it did and because of Athrun X Cagali, they do...
Old 2008-07-06, 21:35   Link #8233
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Actually, it's not simply that. He does want her dead as you will see soon enough.
Do you have even 1 shred of proof for that.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:36   Link #8234
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Most pairings besides LelouchXKallen and maybe LelouchXShirley are probably the result of people thinking on the level of SEED.

Quote:
Do you have even 1 shred of proof for that.
Yes I do and plenty know about it already. Can't say exactly what it is here though.

Old 2008-07-06, 21:38   Link #8235
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Most pairings besides LelouchXKallen and maybe LelouchXShirley are probably the result of people thinking on the level of SEED.
Im sorry but your really in denial about quite a few things. Even the most diehard Kalulu fans i've met have admitted to me that they've seen a few interactions between Lelouch and C.C which seem romantic.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:39   Link #8236
thespringmoon
kaze ni naritai

Spoiler for Oh noez Dann!:

:0
Old 2008-07-06, 21:42   Link #8237
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Im sorry but your really in denial about quite a few things. Even the most diehard Kalulu fans i've met have admitted to me that they've seen a few interactions between Lelouch and C.C which seem romantic.
I've seen C.C. giving off the love vibe towards Lelouch but I don't remember Lelouch giving of the romance vibe towards C.C.. That time when they shaked hands on the roof was the closes. Lelouch knows he is bound to C.C., but is that romance I am still unsure.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:42   Link #8238
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
No, I'm not. And I would love to meet these diehard fans you speak of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
I've seen C.C. giving off the love vibe towards Lelouch but I don't remember Lelouch giving of the romance vibe towards C.C.. That time when they shaked hands on the roof was the closes. Lelouch knows he is bound to C.C., but is that romance I am still unsure.
Well, even C.C. is arguable though I would agree ( I can't wait to have someone come and say why it is wrong for me to agree) about her. Nothing at any point with Lelouch though which sort of makes sense since he never really was interested in anyone.

Old 2008-07-06, 21:42   Link #8239
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Oh, you're doing it again. Just because you think it's stupid doesn't make it stupid. What I find "idiotic" though, is to completely dismiss a pairing when we still have half a season to go. Stuff can happen. People can change. They probably won't end up together, but it's not your call to decide "how romance works".

But I'm not going to try and defend the possibility of it happening again, so let's move on.

Also, I've never seen Gundam Seed.
Old 2008-07-06, 21:44   Link #8240
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Oh, you're doing it again. Just because you think it's stupid doesn't make it stupid. What I find "idiotic" though, is to completely dismiss a pairing when we still have half a season to go. Stuff can happen. People can change. They probably won't end up together, but it's not your call to decide "how romance works".

But I'm not going to try and defend the possibility of it happening again, so let's move on.

Also, I've never seen Gundam Seed.
It's probably better that you don't, since the sequel was really bad, and the first one wasn't super.

Besides, I think the side characters will have their romances. Cecil and Lloyd: Still looking forward to it.

Tags
characters, romance