AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-10, 05:34   Link #21
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess I can say that Kotonoha is very forgiving. She has high hopes for Makoto to somewhat change his attitude in their relationship and maybe understand her feelings more. Although she's too forgiving by showing that whatever Makoto is doing wrong to her, its alright with her but in her mind, its not alright with her and makes her uncomfortable.

Its too bad though she doesn't know that there seems to be a love triangle thats going on with her, Makoto and Sekai. I mean I don't know what she would do if she happened to go up to the rooftop during Makoto and Sekai's little practice session that they were having in episode 4. Probably those horrific endings that the PC game shows, might take place if that were to happen.

Although, I'd say its kind of bad for Kotonoha to start changing towards Makoto's preferences in a relationship. I can also say that she's blinded by love to not see that Makoto may not be the person that she thought he would be. But if she truly believes that Makoto is the one for her and that changing herself to what Makoto really wants in a relationship, then I guess its OK.
Old 2007-08-10, 06:26   Link #22
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I'm dying to know how Kotonoha will react to Makoto and Sekai's cheating. At first I had guessed she would cry,run away and avoid Makoto and Sekai for the next few episodes, but such a simple reaction would seem out of characterfor School Days. Now I"m starting to think, what if she puzzles out that Makoto went to Sekai to get some sugar and in turn tries to get Makoto to do naughty things to her?

I do hope it will help her mature as she really needs a reality check
Old 2007-08-10, 16:18   Link #23
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
I'm dying to know how Kotonoha will react to Makoto and Sekai's cheating. At first I had guessed she would cry,run away and avoid Makoto and Sekai for the next few episodes, but such a simple reaction would seem out of characterfor School Days. Now I"m starting to think, what if she puzzles out that Makoto went to Sekai to get some sugar and in turn tries to get Makoto to do naughty things to her?

I do hope it will help her mature as she really needs a reality check
I'm guessing she snaps...and I bet she makes a move on him...like in the most sexual of ways
Old 2007-08-10, 16:26   Link #24
Echoes

I'm thinking she might snap too, at the very least she'll try to tempt Makoto.
Old 2007-08-13, 22:52   Link #25
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
[wish]I hope she snaps too and leaves the anime to come live with me[/wish]

On a more serious note:
I seriously hope Makoto would change for the better and go back to Koto. So Koto doesn't experience any sort of pain.
Old 2007-08-13, 23:25   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have to preface this by saying I'm new to the material - nothing before the four eps I've watched so far. But I saw someone refer to this anime as a trainwreck, but one you couldn't look away from. I can definitely see that - though it contrasts with the bright palette and breezy music and settings, there's something very sick about the whole thing. But here's what I don't get.

I can see not liking Itou much - he's not exactly sharp as a tack. But all the hate is odd - honestly, he seems like the most normal one of the bunch to me. What's his biggest sin - that he's horny pretty much all the time? Hello - 16 year-old guy! Seems to me like he's less in control of his situation than anyone else here. Both girls know he's pretty much clueless generally (about girls specifically) and slave to his hormones - yet Kotonoha acts surprised when he so much as kisses her. Is she so caught up in her romantic fantasies that she's ignorant to the effect she's having on Itou?

As for Sekai, well - she's the sickest of the bunch. WTF - why does she take such a perverted interest in Itou's romance with another girl when it's obvious she's hot for him herself? She's the one driving this sick train - the way she tortures Itou is as far from innocent as can be. She's manipulating the others for her own enjoyment, even if she won't admit it to herself. Meanwhile, Kotonoha is wrecking her life by trying to live a fantasy and Itou pretty much has no chance whatsoever, what with all the stimulation he's getting. Again - I'm not saying he's admirable by any means, but he's hardly the villain in this piece either, is he? Well - I know there's a lot more story to go, so I shouldn't jump to any conclusions, but cripes - what has he done that any other horny kid in his situation wouldn't?

I guess I'm just looking for someone to root for, here. It's a fascinating psychological debacle to watch, but finding someone to actually like would definitely bring up the enjoyment level a notch, for me.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:54   Link #27
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
[wish]I hope she snaps too and leaves the anime to come live with me[/wish]

On a more serious note:
I seriously hope Makoto would change for the better and go back to Koto. So Koto doesn't experience any sort of pain.
But what about poor Sekai?
Old 2007-08-14, 06:48   Link #28
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have to preface this by saying I'm new to the material - nothing before the four eps I've watched so far. But I saw someone refer to this anime as a trainwreck, but one you couldn't look away from. I can definitely see that - though it contrasts with the bright palette and breezy music and settings, there's something very sick about the whole thing. But here's what I don't get.

I can see not liking Itou much - he's not exactly sharp as a tack. But all the hate is odd - honestly, he seems like the most normal one of the bunch to me. What's his biggest sin - that he's horny pretty much all the time? Hello - 16 year-old guy! Seems to me like he's less in control of his situation than anyone else here. Both girls know he's pretty much clueless generally (about girls specifically) and slave to his hormones - yet Kotonoha acts surprised when he so much as kisses her. Is she so caught up in her romantic fantasies that she's ignorant to the effect she's having on Itou?

As for Sekai, well - she's the sickest of the bunch. WTF - why does she take such a perverted interest in Itou's romance with another girl when it's obvious she's hot for him herself? She's the one driving this sick train - the way she tortures Itou is as far from innocent as can be. She's manipulating the others for her own enjoyment, even if she won't admit it to herself. Meanwhile, Kotonoha is wrecking her life by trying to live a fantasy and Itou pretty much has no chance whatsoever, what with all the stimulation he's getting. Again - I'm not saying he's admirable by any means, but he's hardly the villain in this piece either, is he? Well - I know there's a lot more story to go, so I shouldn't jump to any conclusions, but cripes - what has he done that any other horny kid in his situation wouldn't?

I guess I'm just looking for someone to root for, here. It's a fascinating psychological debacle to watch, but finding someone to actually like would definitely bring up the enjoyment level a notch, for me.
Perhaps I can refer you to the Makot character discussion thread. We have pretty convincing analyses on him.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-08-14, 11:35   Link #29
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
I think she deserves better than to be blissfully ignorant of the situation. My wish is for Makoto to leave her alone altogether, and vice versa.
Old 2007-08-14, 15:42   Link #30
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
But what about poor Sekai?
Well, she did betray Kotonoha, so I don't really consider her to be so poor.

What I want in any case is Sekai and Kotonoha moving on and telling Makoto to gtfo, because although Sekai screwed up, she's a good girl anyway.
Old 2007-08-14, 21:01   Link #31
Echoes

Yeah... Sekai's good at heart, she's trying to do the right (well, closer to the right thing than what Makoto's plotting anyway) thing, but she's not quite there yet. There is a limit to how much you can screw up and get away with it, though, even if you're just under a terrible influence. Right now, Sekai's not very high on my list, but my feelings towards her might change, depending on her actions. Whereas a certain other is at the bottom of the barrel, from whence there is no return.

I doubt Koto will ever do anything that'll make me hate her, as I think pretty much anything cruel she might do will be justified.
Old 2007-08-14, 21:13   Link #32
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I know, I'm usually very unforgiving with traitors, but like you said I think she's not past the point of no return yet.

About Makoto, though, you shouldn't have any doubts that they'll -surely- have him get ONE thing right in the end and then expect us to think of him as a good guy...for me, he's well past the point of no return unless he develops a LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes
I doubt Koto will ever do anything that'll make me hate her, as I think pretty much anything cruel she might do will be justified.
I agree. Also, I really like your avatar.
Old 2007-08-14, 22:30   Link #33
Echoes

Yeah, I suppose it'd be weird if he didn't do *one* good thing through the whole thing. I'll pretty sure I'll never forgive him in any event, I've been known to permanently hate characters for much, much less than what he's doing. (In fact, it's hard to find someone to compare him to when it comes to being a jerk.)

If it does come down to some last heroic deed thingy, I hope he at least directs his attention towards Koto in that respect. I feel more and more connected to her as the episodes pass, she's really trying her best. I bet she was knitting something neat for Makoto, plus the cellphones she wanted them to get, even goes as far as to buy it for him. She's such a lovely girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Also, I really like your avatar.
Thanks, though I didn't make it, I take as a compliment to my taste. I really like your signature as well. Saber looks smashing.
Old 2007-08-17, 10:54   Link #34
Thingle
Banned

IMHO, the current flow of the series is intended for us to pity her. Probably it's her fault too, for being too timid to assert herself.
Old 2007-08-17, 12:43   Link #35
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
IMHO, the current flow of the series is intended for us to pity her. Probably it's her fault too, for being too timid to assert herself.
Of course it's hard to pity someone who was caught in her web of lies. Some of us may try to pity her, but the fact is we shouldn't pity her when we know she KNEW better. She made that choice to go forward. She doesn't deserve our pity, but she also doesn't deserve our scorn. This is something she needs to move through herself and getting Makoto out of the picture would be the best thing *Long term* for her and her well being.
Old 2007-08-17, 12:49   Link #36
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I think she deserves better than to be blissfully ignorant of the situation. My wish is for Makoto to leave her alone altogether, and vice versa.
oh god i agree...kotonoha deserves better that the dam slug...so youll see me supporting a full on sekai x makoto relationship :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
About Makoto, though, you shouldn't have any doubts that they'll -surely- have him get ONE thing right in the end and then expect us to think of him as a good guy...for me, he's well past the point of no return unless he develops a LOT.
not even that ~ its hard to see makoto developing into anything much better that he is already ~ time after time he has proven that he isnt the type of guy who would use his head so i suppose the only right thing he can do is to take a stray bullet and die for kotonoha

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-18, 22:42   Link #37
Zeira

My wish for her is that she can detatch herself from him and find someone else.

1) because she simply deserves better. It sucks that this all happened just becasue she didn't want to be 'easy'. And if her letting Mako put his hands all over her is the only way to make it work... then F*** him.

2) because Mako has clearly shown that if it seems she is moving on... that he wont be too happy about it. Tis why they showed the seen with him following her and his friend around.
Old 2007-08-19, 02:13   Link #38
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
First of all both girls are awesome in my opinion. I just love how sekai is so out going and how koto-chan is very shy. Both characters make this anime interesting. But koto-chan seems like the character who is the most confused through out the anime. I truthfully think Makoto should end up with koto, no matter how i look at it. Maybe pity? maybe because i like long haired girls... Who knows.
Old 2007-08-19, 06:09   Link #39
Zlostur

Ii think that out of the three main characters so far she is definitely the best, since she is pretty much a victim. However, that is not enough for me to like her. Being shy was never a problem with me, since people are different and we can't blame them for that. Heck, I was extremely shy in middle school and even now I am not the most outgoing person, even though I have improved.

However, the problem I have with Kotonoha is that she is too much of a pushover. She constantly lets others bully her, including Otome and her cronies, and most recently - Nanami and Setsuna. I gained a lot of respect for her after episodes 5 and 6, since she was showing everyone that she was becoming more assertive and self-confident. I simply loved the expression on Otome's face after Kotonoha stood up to her. However, all of that went down the drain in episode 7, when Kotonoha goes back to being a pushover.

The first thing she thought about Makoto's cheating was that she was not good enough for him. It did not even occur to her that the problem was not in her, that Makoto was simply a cheating bastard. This shows she has no self-respect what-so-ever. If she does not respect herself, neither can any of the other characters, or the viewers respect her.

After finding out about Makoto's betrayal, the normal reaction for her would be to get mad at him and Sekai and to confront him and dump his sorry ass. However, instead she goes into denial and pretends that this never happened and that she is still Makoto's official girlfriend. The slap at the end was really good, but she should have done the same to Makoto as well and dumped him.

In the end, I feel sorry for her, but I do not feel compassion, I feel only pity. If she does not take matters into her own hands and rise up to the challenge, then she deserves to be treated like crap.
Old 2007-08-19, 07:52   Link #40
Zeira

I feel bad for koto, but she really does taske being a push over to the next level. She has started to get a backbone though. I wasn't expecting her to slap anyone.

As for her getting mad at Sekai and not Mokoto, I have seen that happen in real life, it is a sad thing. However, the same way people can say that Sekai is confused by her feelings for Koto, and lets him get away with murder.. we can say that about koto. She too has feelings for him, and therefore is letting him get away with murder.
Closed Thread