AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-27, 04:18   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 480 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2007-11-27, 06:46   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Spoiler for non verified information:
Old 2007-11-27, 09:21   Link #3
shankss
CP10

Looks soo fake but who knows?
Old 2007-11-27, 09:39   Link #4
Fyria

Barthamelow Kuma is seriously troubling me...

He already revealed part of his motives in his arrival to Thriller Bark. To inform Moria that Blackbeard is new schichibukai and prevent Strawhat defeating another Schichibukai.

Kuma is VERY serious threat to Strawhats... He can dispand them with little problems. Just touch each of them and send them around to world (like Luffy to East Blue, Sanji to West Blue etc...).

I think Kumas power may be strongest what we have seen... if he can teleport Luffy to sea 50 m from shore he can easily kill him just physically touching him.

Also Kuma was mentioned that he was particularry brutal and it seems Strawhats are more and less at his mercy.

I hope that if Kuma is still on Thriller Bark he just tells what exactly happened to Ace and not do anything to Strawhats.
Old 2007-11-27, 13:35   Link #5
Master Mold
Banned

I think its fake.
Old 2007-11-27, 14:04   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
He already revealed part of his motives in his arrival to Thriller Bark. To inform Moria that Blackbeard is new schichibukai and prevent Strawhat defeating another Schichibukai.

Kuma is VERY serious threat to Strawhats... He can dispand them with little problems. Just touch each of them and send them around to world (like Luffy to East Blue, Sanji to West Blue etc...).
Kuma's initial suggestion of preventing Strawhats beating another Shichibukai has already failed. And, I don't think Kuma cares a lot about Moria, considering that he sent Moria's underling to another place without hesitation. He showed only interest towards Moria, and it was rather superficial. Anyway, what was supposed to happen had already happened, Moria has already lost his fight, the fight he wanted to fight without Kuma's help. Thriller Bark has also fallen.

The best Kuma can do regarding Moria is to make him escape there, or maybe he can show his cruel side and dispose a waste like him (that would also solve the shadow problem completely, without requesting it from Moria, if he is still alive).

With the stronger Strawhats all fallen, and the little frightened ones awake and in power, Strawhats taking a threatening pose towards Kuma is not expected. With Kuma having fulfilled his mission, he can just give some information to Nami (she must have already suspected something going on outside, with Ace's name being mentioned) and Usopp and disappear, this time to go to the Marine Headquarters and let them know about the fate of Moria.

Though, you can also consider a scenario, where Kuma shows his religious side, and forgive their mistakes(!) because of what happened to Ace.
Old 2007-11-27, 14:40   Link #7
shankss
CP10

Brutal they said..can be a sadist torturing randomly (which is bad coz there wont be any point in fighting anymore at that state, running is only option) or can be a strong warrior that loves fighting (ex: zaraki kenpachi from bleach? brutal but yet still not chaotic evil : ) so according to his feelings he may let Luffy go now and fight him at his fullest another day since there is no honor in killing/capturing an already half/defeated enemy (he has some proud and loyal look after all, not those backstabbing low-levels like bellamy and such) ..whatever he does he will inform Luffy with Ace defeat soon thats for sure..I cant wait to see Luffy's reaction
Old 2007-11-27, 15:04   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

After fighting against many strong fighters, and many much stronger guys waiting out for him, I am sure Luffy will, as a pirate, understand Ace losing to a stronger person. After all, Ace is someone who has bowed down to one of the 4 Kings. And there are still people like his grandpa and Aokiji. But, that won't mean he will not attempt to want to take a revenge for that.

It will become complicated if Ace was indeed captured by the WG. At the least, that will involve many people, Dragon, Garp, Whitebeard, Shanks, and Luffy.
Old 2007-11-27, 15:39   Link #9
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Would the WG really have the testicular fortitude to anger that many people by taking Ace prisoner? They'd be better off executing him on the spot, if he's even still alive after fighting Blackbeard.

Flaunting him to the world as a prisoner would possibly force a lot of different forces into action. It's not definite that all of them would move but it has the high risk possibility to piss off the following: Straw-Hat Pirates, Whitebeard's crew, Shanks, Garp (though he's probably got the attitude that it's Ace's chosen path) and worst of all Dragon.

They must be pretty confident in their strength if they decide to hold him as a prisoner. Any one of those could be a dangerous enemy to face let alone the chance that some or all could act.
Old 2007-11-27, 16:07   Link #10
Fyria

I think if Ace was captured we will see Impel Down arc in future.. also Crocodile and his gang is already there so it would be quite nice arc
Old 2007-11-27, 16:11   Link #11
Slayerx

As for the spoiler... i'll wait until the usual source comes out with spoilers... one thing i'm glad is that, unlike the naruto forums, One piece has a good trusted source for info... so you don't get like half a dozen fake spoilers

Well, as for Ace being held captive... it does have it's advantages, if they prepare before hand. Garp for one isn't gonna do to much, after he is a marine and his job would be to keep Ace under lock and key; much like how he eventually tried to capture Luffy in water 7 after their family trap... at most, Garp will just do nothing and not be of any help to either side

As for the others... well the only way poeple like Whitebeard and Shanks can go after Ace is if they leave the new world, since he is gonna be held there. With Whitebeard and Shanks gone, the world gov't could potentially gain some serious footing in the new world and start taking it from the 4 emperors... as for dealing with whitebeard and shanks themselves, they could prepare a serious trap for them, with poeple like Blackbeard, Kuma, Ao kiji and so forth waiting to ambush them should they try and rescue Ace... Even if they manage to bust Ace out, both groups may have suffer some serious losses... that in addition to the marines gaining more foothold in the new world could result in an over all win for the world gov't... especially if the high profile poeple they used to give shanks and whitebeard trouble manage to stay alive and the gov't doesn't take any serious losses themselves
Old 2007-11-28, 04:45   Link #12
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
Would the WG really have the testicular fortitude to anger that many people by taking Ace prisoner? They'd be better off executing him on the spot, if he's even still alive after fighting Blackbeard.

Flaunting him to the world as a prisoner would possibly force a lot of different forces into action. It's not definite that all of them would move but it has the high risk possibility to piss off the following: Straw-Hat Pirates, Whitebeard's crew, Shanks, Garp (though he's probably got the attitude that it's Ace's chosen path) and worst of all Dragon.

They must be pretty confident in their strength if they decide to hold him as a prisoner. Any one of those could be a dangerous enemy to face let alone the chance that some or all could act.
I see no reason why not. They have the Admirals and the Shichbuckai to call upon if needed. If the WG executed Ace, WB would no doubt wage all out War on them too, if he is going to already.
Old 2007-11-28, 06:36   Link #13
naruto89

Its not over yet, Oz is live and kicking, the shadows havent returned to the owners, all the strawhats are up (zoro first) the fight continues

and finally the whole deal with the arm being frozen has been exploited, there also trying to break his spine

Luffy uses giant boozoka
Old 2007-11-28, 10:59   Link #14
Slayerx

Indeed, it seems like they were cheering prematurely
No word on Moria, but it looks like Oz has gotten back up and now the strawhats are trying to freeze them; though i do wonder why Luffy didn't just toss Oz into the ocean... what i am very glad though is that the damage to Oz's arm finally saw some resolution and actually helpped in his defeat; that was probably one of my biggest problems about everything ending last chapter. Not to mention i've been anticipating this whole chapter for Luffy to use Gear 3 on someone, be it Oz or Moria... Grant it, i am a bit iffy about the KO'd strawhats reviving TWICE; once is ok but i'm not sure about twice, feels like they should eventually stay down... frankly, i thought it was a little odd for the fight to end last chapter since there was still 10 minutes till dawn; normally when you set time limits like that the fights drag out to the very last second. Grant it, orginally i figured that Oz was gonna be finished by nightmare Luffy and it was gona continue on to Moria, but so far the opposite is happening...

However with the continuation of the fight though, Moria's return seems more likely than i thought... If Oz is beaten for good, Luffy will get his shadow back and he will no longer be bound to the dawn time limit; where as the others will have to hide for cover should dawn come... somehow all the shadows will need to be returned; this is can either be done by forcing Moria to release the shadows or mass purification... both seem rather unlikely though, since Moria doesn't seem like the type who would ever keep a promise, and the only way to pull off mass purification is probably to sink the entire island/ship and drown all the zombies in water
Old 2007-11-28, 15:31   Link #15
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozen
Franky and Usopp went to construct sth. in the giant freezer.
Robin creates a ladder/footing, brooke with luffy on his shoulders runs up on it.
Nami creates a rain cloud right above Odz and lets it rain down on him. Franky comes back with an iron hose and uses Coup de Vent to blast a hole in the tower. Usopp untwists sth., cold air comes out of the hose and freezes Odz's legs.
Above Odz Sanji wreathes a chain around Odz's body. Zoro uses his 3000 Worlds attack to create a chance so that Sanji can pull the chain, putting Odz in an upright and immovable position.
Chopper then talks about that if a human spine takes an S-like shape it softens up the impact and weight of the structure, so when its bend straight he has no place to run and has to take full damage.
Brook throws Luffy then high up into the air, Luffy begins to attack.
Odz wants to counter the attack but his right arm can't move, so he isn't able to attack. Luffy (Giant Bazooka!!)
Chapter ends with Odz bones breaking, and him being beaten
Here you go!
Old 2007-11-29, 06:19   Link #16
ellifeedn
Thinker

^If the spoiler is true then I knew Odz had some fight left. I understood most of what was posted, but there were a few things I'was confused about such as "sth" (what the hell is that?), "3000 Worlds" (I thought Zoro was saving it for Mihawk), and Chopper's explanation on the human spine (it's just the second part).
Old 2007-11-29, 12:07   Link #17
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
As for the spoiler... i'll wait until the usual source comes out with spoilers... one thing i'm glad is that, unlike the naruto forums, One piece has a good trusted source for info... so you don't get like half a dozen fake spoilers

Well, as for Ace being held captive... it does have it's advantages, if they prepare before hand. Garp for one isn't gonna do to much, after he is a marine and his job would be to keep Ace under lock and key; much like how he eventually tried to capture Luffy in water 7 after their family trap... at most, Garp will just do nothing and not be of any help to either side

As for the others... well the only way poeple like Whitebeard and Shanks can go after Ace is if they leave the new world, since he is gonna be held there. With Whitebeard and Shanks gone, the world gov't could potentially gain some serious footing in the new world and start taking it from the 4 emperors... as for dealing with whitebeard and shanks themselves, they could prepare a serious trap for them, with poeple like Blackbeard, Kuma, Ao kiji and so forth waiting to ambush them should they try and rescue Ace... Even if they manage to bust Ace out, both groups may have suffer some serious losses... that in addition to the marines gaining more foothold in the new world could result in an over all win for the world gov't... especially if the high profile poeple they used to give shanks and whitebeard trouble manage to stay alive and the gov't doesn't take any serious losses themselves
^ Nice reasoning going on there .....

I think once Oz is done, Sanji and Zoro should go search of the shadows. I dont think that it would be much of a problem because i predict that Zombie Zoro and Zombie Sanji are kicking the crap outta each other even now ....
Old 2007-11-29, 13:10   Link #18
Fyria

If Oz is still 'operational' it should mean that Moria is still kickin'...

I thought that if you defeat Moria all his shadows will be released and powers cancelled? Unless...

All shadows he CURRENTLY was holding, such as Robins was released but shadows who he already implanted to dead corpses will stay operational regardless Moria...

I guess Moria is just unconciuss... if he would be dead I guess all shadow warriors would lost their loaylty to Moria at same moment.

So clock still keeps ticking... sunrise is happening anymoment and 3 (possible Robin too) is still without their shadows.
Old 2007-11-29, 14:01   Link #19
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
I guess Moria is just unconciuss... if he would be dead I guess all shadow warriors would lost their loaylty to Moria at same moment.
Actually being unconcious=dead in One Piece Its meningful that Oz is still alive since many people out there saying random baseless things like "he got 469716971561 uber pawnzor doukiri" things..After all a legendary giant with lots of stamina can take those hits since he will feel them ok, but Im not expecting Moria to return back after all those direct hits to face
Old 2007-11-29, 14:54   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Actually being unconcious=dead in One Piece
Nope. It is not very likely for a usable character dying after falling unconscious. Anyway, an unconscious character you expect to die is a dead one in One Piece. Right now, I don't think many people would expect Moria to die, especially after only receiving a few hits from Luffy as a Shichibukai.
Closed Thread