AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-03, 18:21   Link #1141
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Yes! Please! Yes! lol

I would LOVE to see Never 7 get translated.

In fact, is there any chance we could see a Remember 11 psp translation since the PC version is finished? I mean, wouldn't it just be a matter of importing the translated text over to a PSP patch? I'd love it if that could be done for Ever 17 too. hehe

So is 12 Riven the lowest rated of the Infinity series?
No problem! I'll be honest, I have no clue how the whole hacking procedure and what not works, but I'd be happy to do the extraction, translating, and editing part. One thing I'd like to add to the fan-translation are the TIPS, which are featured only in the PSP version. They're very interesting, so I'd like to see if there's some way to add them.

I actually have the PSP version of Remember11, but I won't play it until I finish the PC English version. From what I've heard though, the PSP version is longer than the original game and has additional content (from the sources I've heard, Remember11 had a number of plotholes at the end that were unresolved because KID ran out of time and money when making the original game, so the PSP version fixes those plotholes.). The Ever17 PSP version has a different type of menu and a new TIPS system (like the ones in Remember11, the Never7 PSP game has TIPS as well.), but it seems not that much is different from the original game.

Yes, I think so. Mostly because from what I've heard, the story just doesn't feel the same as the other games, it's somewhat boring at times, and the writing style is different. If anything, I'd love to see a fan translation of I/O, but at this rate, I feel Never7 is more important right now.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 19:22   Link #1142
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
No problem! I'll be honest, I have no clue how the whole hacking procedure and what not works, but I'd be happy to do the extraction, translating, and editing part. One thing I'd like to add to the fan-translation are the TIPS, which are featured only in the PSP version. They're very interesting, so I'd like to see if there's some way to add them.

I actually have the PSP version of Remember11, but I won't play it until I finish the PC English version. From what I've heard though, the PSP version is longer than the original game and has additional content (from the sources I've heard, Remember11 had a number of plotholes at the end that were unresolved because KID ran out of time and money when making the original game, so the PSP version fixes those plotholes.). The Ever17 PSP version has a different type of menu and a new TIPS system (like the ones in Remember11, the Never7 PSP game has TIPS as well.), but it seems not that much is different from the original game.

Yes, I think so. Mostly because from what I've heard, the story just doesn't feel the same as the other games, it's somewhat boring at times, and the writing style is different. If anything, I'd love to see a fan translation of I/O, but at this rate, I feel Never7 is more important right now.
Yea, that's why I hate it when a director or writer changes. And it certainly shows you who was contributing the most to making the projects excellent (the director).

I'll be very happy if Never 7 is translated. I'd love to see how this whole series started.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 20:14   Link #1143
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Never7 is slightly more of a traditional VN than Ever17 is in that it focuses a bit more on the romantic aspect and each character's backstory is mostly revealed in their own routes (unlike Ever17, which hid a lot of aspects until the final route.). However, has a very unique gameplay system where there are two parts to each route. You play Part 1 through April 1st through the 6th with one girl's route, then on that day, you automatically return to the 1st, where you play Part 2.

Never7 actually has a few connections to Ever17. Here are the ones I've seen so far:

Spoiler for Ever17 Spoilers/Minor Never7 Spoilers:
Old 2010-08-04, 16:28   Link #1144
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
If you do get working on a Never7 translation, please let me know; I'd be willing to help with tech-y parts.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 16:45   Link #1145
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
If you do get working on a Never7 translation, please let me know; I'd be willing to help with tech-y parts.
Thank you so much! I've seen your work on Remember11, so it'd be a real help if you could do that! I've decided to start the translation sometime in the near future, once I acquire the PC version of the game. I'll be doing it on the TL Wiki, so look for me then!

P.S.: I have a favor to ask you. If you're good with the tech parts, is there any way you could somehow add in the TIPS from the PSP version of Never7 if I manage to bring them up? They help with the insight of the game IMO, so it'd be really nice if you could do that.
Old 2010-08-04, 20:02   Link #1146
rogerpepitone

Probably not. I'd have to really do heavy analysis and reprogramming to do that.

On the other hand, if N7 is really on the simple side, as engines go, I might be able to port it to NScripter, and add the TIPS to that ... Or most likely, include them in a text file with the game.

Are you sure exactly which version had TIPS added? They might be in the Infinity Plus release.
Old 2010-08-08, 19:21   Link #1147
Matt122005

Has anyone thought of using the Hirameki translation to create a PSP English Patch? I would love to replay this game on my PSP. lol
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 08:03   Link #1148
Eab1990

Oh, right. I forgot Nakazawa did Myself; Yourself. A shame the anime's end/canonical route was pretty blah. Then again, maybe it was just horribly, horribly rushed. Hinako is awesome though.

And KAORI sings the OP for that series too. Good stuff.
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 06:17   Link #1149
rogerpepitone

Well, I just started up a N7 project over on TLwiki: http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Never_7
Old 2010-08-16, 06:38   Link #1150
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Thank you so much! Is it okay if I work on it as a translator and editor?

BTW, which version of the game is it?
Old 2010-08-16, 07:05   Link #1151
rogerpepitone

Work on it in any capacity where you're competent. (Except I'm probably going to be keeping all hacking duties.)

This is based on the Infinity Plus version.
Old 2010-08-16, 16:02   Link #1152
Elvin

Good luck guys
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 18:50   Link #1153
Eab1990

It's nice to see this all this come together, after starting out with my posting of the drama CDs and manga, leading to GundamAce translating the former, and then following his trip to Japan, getting the other infinity games and leading to this translation.

Good luck to the both of you.
Old 2010-08-16, 19:08   Link #1154
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Come to think of it, yes, you really are to thank for all of this. If it wasn't for you posting the Drama CDs, I wouldn't have taken an interest in translation, which in turn might have stagnated my interest in the infinity series, and I probably wouldn't have been interested in translating these games. Thank you very much, Eab, and I promise all of you I'll do the best I can.
Old 2010-08-16, 20:22   Link #1155
Eab1990

Thanks and you're welcome.

In turn, I guess I have TNA to thank for directing me to the drama CDs on Nicovideo in the first place. Or before that, I guess I have the previous people in this topic to thank for posting the first few drama CDs, which in turn led me to the other drama CDs.

On the other hand, the manga came from /rs/ a long while back, so I always had that, and since it's from /rs/, I have an Anon to thank, whoever that is.

In short, a lot can happen in a year. Just nice to see this series have a hope for completion in the English community. =D
Old 2010-08-16, 20:39   Link #1156
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

That's true. When I first joined the Infinity community nine months ago, I didn't even know about any other games or translation projects, and when I did find out, I thought we'd be stuck with Ever17. Yet today, I have a lot of faith that one day, we will have the entire Infinity series avaliable in English.
Old 2010-09-02, 02:43   Link #1157
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I'm about to begin Coco's route, but I must say that I'm less than impressed with this visual novel so far.

Tsugumi's route ended in the worst possible way (Yeah sure give her hope then tear it all down, brilliant).

Sora's route was ugh. She's an AI for goodness sakes. I can't even take her seriously.

Sara's route felt extremely short and I really didn't like how her character design through the game looked (I was really bothered with her eyes, made her look retarded).

And You's route was also meh.

I don't know, the story just feels extremely loose. I haven't started coco's route, and I know it's supposedly the "best" one, but I shouldn't have to go through the pain of all these goddamn poorly made arcs for a few moments of glory.

I've already pretty much guessed that there are different dimensions or something, based upon the kid's perspective and weird life readings.

Once I finish coco's route I'll post the rest of my rant (Unless it is just so good that it somehow changes my opinion considerably.

Personally, a visual novel like this pales in comparison to other titles like Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo, Tsukihime, Fate Stay/Night, Clannad, G-Senjou, etc.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 03:36   Link #1158
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm about to begin Coco's route, but I must say that I'm less than impressed with this visual novel so far.

Tsugumi's route ended in the worst possible way (Yeah sure give her hope then tear it all down, brilliant).

Sora's route was ugh. She's an AI for goodness sakes. I can't even take her seriously.

Sara's route felt extremely short and I really didn't like how her character design through the game looked (I was really bothered with her eyes, made her look retarded).

And You's route was also meh.

I don't know, the story just feels extremely loose. I haven't started coco's route, and I know it's supposedly the "best" one, but I shouldn't have to go through the pain of all these goddamn poorly made arcs for a few moments of glory.

I've already pretty much guessed that there are different dimensions or something, based upon the kid's perspective and weird life readings.

Once I finish coco's route I'll post the rest of my rant (Unless it is just so good that it somehow changes my opinion considerably.

Personally, a visual novel like this pales in comparison to other titles like Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo, Tsukihime, Fate Stay/Night, Clannad, G-Senjou, etc.
It'll be interesting to see how Coco's route changes your opinion - the middle of the VN is a tough slog and I've always wondered whether the ending is enough to make it up for some.

Speaking personally though, I consider what the writers did with the game's overall plot structure brilliant (I would say more here but it's hard to do that without spoilers), and for me there was simply no option other than to place the finished product into the absolute highest tier of my favourites list. The VN versions of Clannad and FSN would have to be a heck of a lot more impressive than the anime versions to make that tier (which I will admit I've heard is the case for FSN).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 04:38   Link #1159
Kaos!

To me, not playing through all 13 endings is as good as not playing. While most vn can be judged by their main route, infinty series requires playing through all the routes in order to understand. To be more exact, take it as you are playing through a single route of 30-50 hours.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 07:22   Link #1160
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Yeah, just play Coco's route. To be honest, if you only play the first four routes, Ever17 feels more like an interesting, but not a great, VN. There's many mysteries, but until Coco's route, not many answers, so players may wonder what all the hype about it is. But trust me, Coco's route is definitely worth it. Your whole mind on the game will change after you've finished that route.

Tags
visual novel