Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-11-02, 17:36   Link #2821
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
What if akame cant kill her with that sword because the blood esdese has isnt her own but a tengu's and therefore esdese isnt exactly human?
a possible theory
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 18:54   Link #2822
Soji

Fwarlord@And you think this will make me change my opinion about Esdese? You really think that I have not already thought of all this before I say my opinion?

I alredy point out, and with her own words no less, that she enjoy what she doing, that she become part of empire because her prey were declining.

She chose to join the imperial army so that she could continue her "hunting". She herself has admitted this to Tatsumi, I think her words were pretty clear about this.

She also admitted that she would do these things regardless If she was justified or not. Regardless order or not.

And make no mistake, while is true that she do thing that benefit the empire, she do everything for herslef.

I remind you that she allows some people to survive so that new riots can happen (Najida is a pretty good example of this)and I'm pretty sure that this is something that does not benefit the empire.

She know the suffering it causes, and does not care, indeed take every effort to make torture / suffering as long as possible.

When she answered the questions of Tatsumi, for most of the time she looked calm and even smiled. And this is not normal at all.

For her to talk about thing like this, to admit thing like this is like talking about the weather.

The fact that she buried alive all those people and when Tatsumi asked her about this, the way she answered him with that calmness..........no matter what people said, not matter how much I try to justify her, to try to understand her, not matter how much I re-read the manga.

The only thing that I can see is a monster in human skin and I know that most of you will disagree with me about this.

Anyway this is pretty much what make me say that about her....this and the fact that she does not have a higher goal (as far as I know and remember) and has no remorse for what he does despite understands the suffering.

And no. She not do only this to soldier/enemy of the empire as far I understand she do thing like this to civilians as well( You know the womans that she let her man to rape and everything else).

Of course this is my Point of view you guys a free to disagree as much a you want/like.

Quote:
What if akame cant kill her with that sword because the blood esdese has isnt her own but a tengu's and therefore esdese isnt exactly human?
After she pull of a "Freeze time power" I can totally see this happening.

Though, this would make her even more op that she already is. I mean even Dr. Stylish was killed by Akame murasame after he become that monster/thing.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 18:59   Link #2823
Quol
That Guy

I dont understand how people can like esdese, could anyone tell me whats good about her and why she is popular?
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 19:09   Link #2824
NeutralZero

personal taste...
others like her because they like her...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 19:09   Link #2825
Seitsuki
Onee!

1- Best girl
2- Does not give a ****
3- Best girl
4- Loves Tatsumi but does not become braindead when it comes to him unlike every other harem heroine ever, eg actually has a will of her own
5- Not some whiteknight moralfag goody two-shoes purity Sue
6- Super hot (pun not intended)
Old 2013-11-02, 23:32   Link #2826
Fwarlord

Spoiler for @Soji:

Of course I understand that everything Esdese did are for the sake of her own benefit and self-satisfaction. But what's wrong with that? It's not like every "heroes" in the history did their heroic deeds for the sake of their people only. If you do a job that you find no interest in it then life will be boring like hell and you can't do anything efficiently. Esdese holds no loyalty to the empire, she is with them because she want to "hunt" so she lets people like Najenda escape to create more riots. But remember, she will deal with them personally and if it hadn't been for her, those people could have succeeded then plunged the empire in to chaos.
For this fact:
Quote:
The only thing that I can see is a monster in human skin and I know that most of you will disagree with me about this.
I totally agree with you. But let me ask you something: How many Mary Sues could you find? How many people with human skin but without a monster inside could you find? Every human beings have hidden desires, those desires could be very evil and wicked, but that's what make us human in the first lace. Esdese is just more honest with herself than others and admit her desires instead of hiding them.

That's also the num.1 reason I like Esdese, she is independent and honest with herself.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 00:13   Link #2827
bones

The empire is already in chaos, its own civil government and military don't even follow its laws. Humans have repressed desires that is true but they also have compassion, mercy and a conscience none of which I have seen in Esdese. So now being kind-hearted and compassionate is akin to being Mary Sue??
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 04:55   Link #2828
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Spoiler for Tatsumi:
Oh, you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Remember, this is Akame Ga Kiru.....

Don't think anyone has plot armor, how many people must die for people to realize that?
Being the title character, Akame at least has it, up till the last 2 arcs. So should Tatsumi. Oh, and Esdese. (Though the way I see it, Esdese will die sometime in the last 2 arcs.)

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 18:06   Link #2829
GodHand45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
1- Best girl
2- Does not give a ****
3- Best girl
4- Loves Tatsumi but does not become braindead when it comes to him unlike every other harem heroine ever, eg actually has a will of her own
5- Not some whiteknight moralfag goody two-shoes purity Sue
6- Super hot (pun not intended)
1. Also the craziest girl.

2. Does not care about anyone but her self, and having as much fun as she possibly can by killing/torturing others, and making tatsumi into her boy toy by forcibly changing his views somehow(most likely by some form of torture/brainwashing like she did to the "Hero of the north", but on a smaller scale so he doesn't snap).

3. Most sadistic character/girl.

4. Yeah, and that will is to kill and torture virtually everyone that comes into contact with her. I rather have a boring, braindead girl then a pschyopath that buries 400,000 people alive.

5. Yeah, she's not. So that means it's ok for her to be at the opposite end of the spectrum and being a complete pschyo?

There is a such thing as a in between.

6. But a monster on the inside.

Everyone has different opinions, and I can understand that some love her because she is a "complex" character, or cause she's "cute".

But in all seriousness, Esdese is a complete pschyo.

Tatsumi gave up on her and came to this conclusion.

And her father pretty much came to this conclusion, but chose not to do anything about it.

I know that one guy(Mentar, I think it is)likes to argue that Esdese can change because of the authors other works.

But look at this seriously.

She is a monster in human skin, one of the biggest obstacles to the possibility of change coming to the empire, and the living embodiment of everything tatsumi hates about the empire and wants to change(pretty big clue there not getting together).

Not to mention that Tatsumi's hate for Esdese is ever growing because she put together the groups(jagers and the 3 beasts)that are killing all his friends(another pretty big clue).

Not to mention that Tatsumi said she was beyond change and completely gave up on her.

Esdese is not being built up as a character for dramatic change.

She's being built up as a character for her, sad, inevitable, lonely death. Failing to be with the one she loves.

Last edited by GodHand45; 2013-11-17 at 18:19.
GodHand45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 22:46   Link #2830
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodHand45 View Post

She's being built up as a character for her, sad, inevitable, lonely death. Failing to be with the one she loves.
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the one, the only................................... Truth....................

"Bravo" "Claps" "Whistles"
Old 2013-11-18, 17:51   Link #2831
Mentar
Banned

I'll have a toast in your memory when she ends up with Tatsumi
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 21:52   Link #2832
GodHand45
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'll have a toast in your memory when she ends up with Tatsumi
And I'll have fun laughing in your face when she dies alone.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:34   Link #2833
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And I'll laugh at you both when they end up killing each other.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:47   Link #2834
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'll laugh if the chapter ever comes out.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 22:50   Link #2835
GodHand45
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
And I'll laugh at you both when they end up killing each other.
I'm ok with that outcome.

As long as Esdese gets the sad, lonely death she deserves. Makes it even sadder if it's by the one she loves, so I'll still be laughing in his face, because they didn't end up together.
Old 2013-11-18, 22:58   Link #2836
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodHand45 View Post
I'm ok with that outcome.

As long as Esdese gets the sad, lonely death she deserves. Makes it even sadder if it's by the one she loves, so I'll still be laughing in his face, because they didn't end up together.
What? You want a maiden in love to get kill by her beloved? Such fetish isn't very healthy, you know?
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 08:45   Link #2837
Breimoon

monster??? She is just a lovely maiden awaiting to discover the pleasures of the M side. Did you read the Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro manga ? :P
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 09:00   Link #2838
OverSeer
Inactive Member

I guess i am living under a rock

What is M side??
Old 2013-11-19, 09:04   Link #2839
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverSeer View Post
I guess i am living under a rock

What is M side??
S = sadistic , M = masochist. in the Neuro manga
Spoiler for neuro around last v of manga:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 12:40   Link #2840
GodHand45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
monster??? She is just a lovely maiden awaiting to discover the pleasures of the M side. Did you read the Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro manga ? :P
Being a sadistic, sick in the head, piece of ***** is basically Esdese's entire character.

Take that away and what exactly makes her so "interesting"?

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!