Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-25, 21:11   Link #21
Kei-
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDivinity
a lot of people I've talked to think there's no room for a second season, but I think it could because one major aspect was left open. The original enemy that attacked earth is never confronted, Mauzel is just the one watching over everything, and the peacemakers are just weapons. Now that humans are free again, wouldn't it attack again?

At least, that is what I gathered.
Not only that, I really think they could just manufacture a new bad guy to slide in to work as an adversary in an OAV series, or even a movie (those anime studios are grrrreat at doing that!), but maybe it's just better off if they leave it alone.
Kei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 22:23   Link #22
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I say just leave it as it is, no sense risking a second season failure which I doubt would happen since how good this series is. I heard their are the books that go beyond the anime series and they might just have enough to make a second season but Im not sure on that. It all depends the popularity of the series in Japan not how popular it was elsewhere. I also heard of rumors before that the company behind the series filed for bankrupt or something similar to that matter.

-but if they do decide to go with a 2nd season or a set of OVA's i'll be there to check it out no matter what

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-25 at 22:34.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 23:56   Link #23
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I say just leave it as it is, no sense risking a second season failure which I doubt would happen since how good this series is. I heard their are the books that go beyond the anime series and they might just have enough to make a second season but Im not sure on that. It all depends the popularity of the series in Japan not how popular it was elsewhere. I also heard of rumors before that the company behind the series filed for bankrupt or something similar to that matter.

-but if they do decide to go with a 2nd season or a set of OVA's i'll be there to check it out no matter what
i really love the last episode of scrapped princess ... i think a ova will not be as good as the last episode..well though they really rushed through during the last few episodes... but they gave a good o last episode in the end .. but if given the 2nd season, there wont be much fun than the 1st.. the 1st season really is one of a kind
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 01:22   Link #24
LostDivinity

Personally, I think a prequel oav would be great. One that tells about the war that got the world sealed in the first place.
LostDivinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 01:49   Link #25
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Personally, I think a prequel oav would be great. One that tells about the war that got the world sealed in the first place.
That would be nice, i wouldnt mind them doing it.
Old 2003-11-26, 02:03   Link #26
Kei-
Inactive Member

Quote:
As long as they put Soopy-kun in it.
Kei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 03:53   Link #27
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
What has Soopy-kun to do with the war?

But how about, instead of a sequel or a prequel, they could produce a Soopy-kun Spin-Off series.

.. i prefer bonta kun to soopy kun ...they dun wash soopy kun .. it stinks..
Old 2003-11-26, 12:58   Link #28
jUkUmI

Talking

I love it... people should get it before it gets licensed...
IT is soooooo good. except for the ending was a bit off...
I rank this a high as Escaflowne because it has a touch of humor mixed in with a handful of romance... and Sister/ brotherly love...
The perfect anime for those perfect people...
jUkUmI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 00:16   Link #29
lamort_noir

Send a message via AIM to lamort_noir Send a message via MSN to lamort_noir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
.. i prefer bonta kun to soopy kun ...they dun wash soopy kun .. it stinks..
THATS TRUE BONTA KUN OWNS any soopy kun any day especially with KASHIM's A.S. enhancements only down fall no communication aspect all you get is
FUMOFFU FUMO FFU and so on lol but the only thing possible would be a prequel impossible for sequel since Mauzel seemed happy at end she didnt act vengeful towards Pacifica
lamort_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 06:25   Link #30
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamort_noir
THATS TRUE BONTA KUN OWNS any soopy kun any day especially with KASHIM's A.S. enhancements only down fall no communication aspect all you get is
FUMOFFU FUMO FFU and so on lol but the only thing possible would be a prequel impossible for sequel since Mauzel seemed happy at end she didnt act vengeful towards Pacifica
mauzel seems more like a prisoner than a god. well she lost her siblings too right..
Old 2003-12-31, 15:55   Link #31
Kapu Lea

Send a message via AIM to Kapu Lea Send a message via MSN to Kapu Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Kapu Lea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei-
I really enjoyed Scrapped Princess, but I was more than a little unsatisfied with the number of dangling subplots at the end (really felt rushed in the last few episodes, to me). I suppose this leaves some space for the second season, though!
I definitely agree with you Kei...the ending was a bit rushed and many things were left built up and then...that's it...no explanation...THE END. Still...I did love the series...it was quite an interesting plot...started out as one thing...and ended up changing somewhere in the middle...I won't say more for fear of giving anything away to those of you who have yet to see the show...Enjoy ^_^.
Kapu Lea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 18:37   Link #32
Vital Remains

I agree with the general concensus. Great series overall and I felt that the conclusion was satisfying overall, like finishing a good book. Please someone refresh my memory though, whose decision was it ultimately to seal the humans? Was it the alien invaders or the rogue peacenmakers?
Vital Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 18:53   Link #33
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Personally, I was hooked from the beginning and I think it was a very well done series. Definate best anime in my book. I think that the ending was a tad rushed as well since they tended to drag in places they shouldn't have. But overall it's a very excellent anime. Can't wait for it to be licenced and come stateside.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 19:44   Link #34
Zippy-DSM

Send a message via ICQ to Zippy-DSM Send a message via AIM to Zippy-DSM Send a message via Yahoo to Zippy-DSM
great anime and great ending the best I've seen in a while!

Last edited by Zippy-DSM; 2003-12-31 at 21:34.
Zippy-DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 22:35   Link #35
kamij0

i enjoy scrapped princess too, but dont the peacemakers look strong yet are so weak against the good guys ?
Old 2003-12-31, 22:46   Link #36
Tboz

Quote:
That's a wonderful idea, the plot won't be repetitive of the old and it could take on a refreshing new look.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 02:54   Link #37
EliteJounin

Heh, i loved this anime.

And it hurt me so much that Fulle had to die.
Anyways... they are all very cool. The characters i mean.
I just wish that Chris had more of a role in this anime. I always like the cool looking guys.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 03:04   Link #38
Anlushac11

Cool

Ummm Mazuel doesnt work for me. All the enemy characters are named after weapons. So why Mazuel?

Mauser makes much more sense.

And why have a Soopy Kun spin off? So we can have more of the sweet and beautiful Raquel talk to it.

And it has to have more Zephfris. Must have more Zephfris.

Bonta-Kun versus Sooupy-Kun? Im all for it. That means more Chidori and possibly more of the goddess Tessa.

Mmmmm....Chidori, Tessa, Raquel, Pacifica, and Zephfris all in the same anime....
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 03:14   Link #39
shiznitty

i think your hopin for a little too much there :P
shiznitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 20:16   Link #40
Mcdonalds

Yea just finished this series, was real good, although it was a little to perfect in the end for me, not saying i ain't happy about it but it would have been more emotional which i regard more highly i spose. Anyway, a very good series
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen