AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-11, 23:16   Link #1
Scy

Naruto is becoming more and more like DBZ.....[manga]

First, you have curse seal LV 2s. Then, Choji starts giving everyone sensui beans. And now, you have SSJ3 Cubey Naruto, who we all know will be fighting SSJ3 CS2 Sasuke very soon (and who in turn comes complete with Goku's mullet). I know the series borrows heavily from DBZ, but this is borderlining on the ridicious. What next, leaf Ninjas looking for dragonballs to resurrect a dead Neji or a dead Naruto? Or the leader of the Akatsuki having buu-like regeneration abilities?
Old 2004-09-11, 23:36   Link #2
Spooky-Electric

Agreed. I hate those stupid pills. I don't like the idea that you can just eat something and become super powered.

The power levels were pretty ridiculous and repetitive as well. "Heh, never thought you'd make me go to level 2." It seemed like every one of them said that.
Old 2004-09-11, 23:36   Link #3
NeoXtremeX

I disagree....
Old 2004-09-11, 23:38   Link #4
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

As I've never read DBZ, I can't pick out the similarities between them. Just recalling what I've seen of the anime, I'd be willing to excuse rip-offs since I like Naruto's story better.

Also, it's "kyuubi," not "Cubey." I had no idea what you were talking about.
Old 2004-09-11, 23:53   Link #5
haleguu
LOLICON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
First, you have curse seal LV 2s. Then, Choji starts giving everyone sensui beans. And now, you have SSJ3 Cubey Naruto, who we all know will be fighting SSJ3 CS2 Sasuke very soon (and who in turn comes complete with Goku's mullet). I know the series borrows heavily from DBZ, but this is borderlining on the ridicious. What next, leaf Ninjas looking for dragonballs to resurrect a dead Neji or a dead Naruto? Or the leader of the Akatsuki having buu-like regeneration abilities?

Some spoilers to other anime/mangas...proceed to with caution:

:::start sarcasm mode:::

Did Choji call them sensui beans? Did Naruto's hair get longer and gain the strength to blow up an entire planet? What part of the storyline of Naruto's ever mentioned looking for dragonballs? Naruto's not becoming Dragonball Z and has never been, it's you who's looking for the comparison.

What about Berserk manga can we compare it to Dragonball Z as well? What about Puck healing Gatsu...can we call him a sensui bean? When Gatsu goes into Berserk mode...what do we call that? Super Saiyan 3 Gatsu? When Griffith is "reborn"...what do we call that? Griffitho or what about Griffithtenks?

Let's compare Kenshin to Dragonball Z, too.
Battousai = Super Saiyan

Young Kenshin/Shinta = Little Goku
Young Kenshin training with Master = Super Saiyan Goku
Kenshin fighting in the war = Super Saiyan 2 Goku
Kenshin fighting after the war = Super Saiyan 3 Goku
Kenshin going back to his Master to learn the final technique = Super Saiyan 4 Goku?

Piccolo = Sanosuke (enemy now a friend)
Frieza = Aoshi
Cell = Saitou
Buu = Shishio?

Obviously Kaoru = Chi Chi

Also it's now obvious by comparing Kenshin to Dragonball Z, we now know why Kenshin was traveling all around Asia (as he did in the second OVA series)...was to look for the dragonballs....

:::end sarcasm mode:::
Old 2004-09-12, 00:05   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Let's at least wait until the next chapter to find out where kishimoto is going with this before saying 'OMG!!! Naruto is turning into dbz!!!' If the kyubi had taken over, like it seemed from that one frame, then it's something we all knew was possible from the time Naruto fought that chuunin that tricked him into stealing the scroll. *Mizuki? I forget.* If naruto is still in control, and just powered up, then it's starting to become more like dbz, except for the inclusion of an actual plot in Naruto.
Besides, aren't these naruto-dbz threads against the rules?
Old 2004-09-12, 00:08   Link #7
Kouji
StrykerX

Actually, all Vs topics are against the rules. And not just Naruto vs another anime or some crap. Besides, I don't see what's the point in these topics. It's more or less a spam topic.
Old 2004-09-12, 00:27   Link #8
Rin-chan

Send a message via AIM to Rin-chan Send a message via MSN to Rin-chan
Well im not surpriced , the author to naruto was greatly influenced by dbz and dragon quest when he was a kid, but only thing naruto and dbz are simular to me if the stretched out fight sences
Old 2004-09-12, 00:43   Link #9
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

I liked dragon ball Z, but in the end especially with GT the storys did get pretty weak. Just because the naruto nin's might be getting to a strength that is getting closer to DBZ ones doesn't mean the story of naruto has to poof out.

Kyuubi has virtually unlimited power slowly over time naruto gains his power for his own it is a natural progression of that that he becomes extremely powerful perhaps even up to guku lvls.

As long as the story stays good I have no problems with them getting to super dbz power lvl's and fighting it out.
Old 2004-09-12, 00:59   Link #10
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
DBZ just got kind of redundant. I still liked watching it, but I'll watch anything when I have some time on my hands. As long as Naruto doesn't start pulling Kamehameha's I'll be fine...
Old 2004-09-12, 02:31   Link #11
yinstro

i dont hate dbz, it served a purpose but comparing anything that has people getting stronger and using more of their potential through the course of the fight is dbz... then a great deal of fiction and fantasy is dbz, heck thier was dbz before dbz. I remember watching old kung fu movies that usually had similar formula of dbz. Train and get stronger, new more radical abilities become yours. I think people just enjoy mocking dbz, its old and cliche. get a new way to insult naruto there are sure;y a number of ways other then spoutinng ssj this and gotenks that. your not really making any valid points your just saying making a comparison with no basis or explanation in mocking tone because it amuses you
Old 2004-09-12, 02:45   Link #12
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
What next, leaf Ninjas looking for dragonballs to resurrect a dead Neji or a dead Naruto?
Hey, you should stay a little bit more close to the series... obviously they won't search for dragonballs... they are going to search for some Ninja Scrolls... after all we've seen there are scrolls to summon... and we also know of someone who is able to ressurect the dead... so what they need is a scroll to summon an Orochimaru and a way to have him fullfill a resurection wish.
Old 2004-09-12, 04:05   Link #13
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Just wait soon they are gonna start pulling flashbacks in flashbacks
and 1 episode of talking about their next attack, and then spend another doing the attack
Old 2004-09-12, 04:14   Link #14
OshadowO

Ahhh Naruto goes through these DBZish phases every now and then. Just tough it out. In the end the ship rights itself. Overall its still a better series than DBZ imo.
Old 2004-09-12, 04:20   Link #15
Kouji
StrykerX

Difference between Naruto & DBZ

DBZ
The story just tells about a super creature destroying earth itself and the citizens along with it and that a super hero (Goku, Gohan etc..) comes to stop him.

Naruto
It tells a story about a young kid (Naruto) who vows that one day he will become hokage.

Action wise

Naruto
*thumbs up*

DBZ
*definite thumbs down*
Old 2004-09-12, 04:43   Link #16
baumeista

everywhere's the same people are people,...

i mean everything can be compared
and you can find similarities everywhere

we all look the same,..
we all got a nose, a mouth, ears,....

naruto is NOT like DBZ
Old 2004-09-12, 07:53   Link #17
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Well...it IS a fact Kishimoto was inspired by toriayama's work.
He worshipped the guy when he was a kid.

from narutofan.com
Near the end of Elementary school, Masashi Kishimoto was strictly a Dragonball fan, he recalls how he was so obsessed with Akira Toriyama, "He was like a god to me, I was constantly drawing characters that appear in Dragonball." At this stage in his life Kishimoto did not recieve an allowance to buy the 190 Yen Jumps, and would have to rely on a friend to show him jump to get his Dragonball fix.

So certain event's are definately based on DBZ.
By all means...naruto is naruto, but why is it so weird to have a resemblance with DBZ?

still not convinced?

Whole interview here
Old 2004-09-12, 10:41   Link #18
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Choji's pills are meant to burn off that fat and turn them into pure chakra.
Old 2004-09-12, 10:45   Link #19
Yoska
フランキー

Yes it is, accept it. Peace .

Edit: Either way Naruto's popularity seems to be dropping. It was eighth series in this weeks Jump which is near the middle of the magazine. Generally Naruto has been in top 4. Of course this could mean nothing or it's just temporary but to me placing in the magazine has been in a way a popularity counter of series.

www.s-manga.net/boys/index.html click the magazine with a yellow icon.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-09-12 at 14:52.
Old 2004-09-12, 17:03   Link #20
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Naruto is just inspired by DBZ but the naruto story is trillion billion times better than dbz.

naruto makes my adrenaline pump, it makes me cry, it makes me laugh, it entertains me.

DBZ and naruto is just similiar in the way they fight and all the powerups
Closed Thread