AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 15:22   Link #38001
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
Erm..

*tries to find words*

Hmm..

*feels awkward*

I... know the Material wouldn't make a fuss over it but why give Levi the Testarossa last name? Shouldn't Harlaown be a better choice?
Because, my dear friend this is my continuity where Precia is alive and Fate was never adopted by Lindy.

So... you didn't like it I assume?
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:28   Link #38002
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
Because, my dear friend this is my continuity where Precia is alive and Fate was never adopted by Lindy.

So... you didn't like it I assume?
It's more like I wasn't aware of being a divergence point before A's. Can you elaborate please? What happened to Precia and Alicia? Is Precia as mad as in canon? etc.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:35   Link #38003
Andarkoshi

Quote:
It's more like I wasn't aware of being a divergence point before A's. Can you elaborate please? What happened to Precia and Alicia? Is Precia as mad as in canon? etc.
Well it's part of Fate/Stay Nanoha continuity. Precia and Alicia are alive, Precia is sane (but she did all those terrible things from canon) but through some miracles (Alicia being back) and lots of therapy she managed to recover, atone and mend her fences with Fate.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:45   Link #38004
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Oh, that...

OK... I could accept Blood that Flows!Precia, who managed to make peace with Fate so I can get your point. Also it has Nasuverse-hax stuff so Alicia living isn't unbeliveable.

It isn't like I have to like having a sympathetic Precia to accept her existence. *shrugs*
Old 2013-04-17, 15:52   Link #38005
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Oh, that...

OK... I could accept Blood that Flows!Precia, who managed to make peace with Fate so I can get your point. Also it has Nasuverse-hax stuff so Alicia living isn't unbeliveable.

It isn't like I have to like having a sympathetic Precia to accept her existence. *shrugs*
And it still took me some thinking how to bring Alicia back. Since for all the HAX-ness Nasu has a very strong rule on "No Bringing The Dead Back" or giving Eternal Life.

Well it will take Precia a lot of work to rebuild that relationship, not to mention all the scorn and hatred she'll get from people who knew of her treatment of Fate.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:56   Link #38006
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
And it still took me some thinking how to bring Alicia back. Since for all the HAX-ness Nasu has a very strong rule on "No Bringing The Dead Back" or giving Eternal Life.

Well it will take Precia a lot of work to rebuild that relationship, not to mention all the scorn and hatred she'll get from people who knew of her treatment of Fate.
Which will take a long time...
Old 2013-04-17, 16:02   Link #38007
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Which will take a long time...
I'm not in a hurry ^^
Old 2013-04-17, 16:28   Link #38008
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:

I that case, without thinking much I can imagine it's just making sure (author tract) Alicia didn't actually died in the accident (and well, a few years while a kid is well within the human lifespan).

Quote:
I'm not in a hurry ^^
You may have time but Precia may not: you mentioned Alicia being back and Precia being sane, but not Precia being healthy. As I don't follow that AU I think Precia should still be dying by the accident and not being trated in decades.
Old 2013-04-17, 16:32   Link #38009
Andarkoshi

Quote:
I that case, without thinking much I can imagine it's just making sure (author tract) Alicia didn't actually died in the accident (and well, a few years while a kid is well within the human lifespan).
You are guessing right. Precia had Avalon in herself while she was pregnant and piece of it moved to Alicia during the pregnancy. During the Incident Avalon managed to protect Alicia's life but was too weak to heal her and she was left in near-death state. Only decades later (Alicia was dead for more than 20 years actually) did Shirou meet with Precia and managed to bring Alicia back.

Quote:
You may have time but Precia may not: you mentioned Alicia being back and Precia being sane, but not Precia being healthy. As I don't follow that AU I think Precia should still be dying by the accident and not being trated in decades.
Actually no, Shirou healed Precia as well. being able to reproduce and use Avalon is a real cheat XD
Old 2013-04-17, 17:00   Link #38010
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
#1 excuse for Ilya to live and be Archerko: Avalon is the answer to everything.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:03   Link #38011
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
#1 excuse for Ilya to live and be Archerko: Avalon is the answer to everything.
[points his finger at bhl88] Archerko Illya meeting and befriending Kyrie. Write! Nao!
Now if Shirou would be around OH THE TEASING!
Old 2013-04-17, 17:28   Link #38012
Twi

Quote:
You are guessing right. Precia had Avalon in herself while she was pregnant and piece of it moved to Alicia during the pregnancy. During the Incident Avalon managed to protect Alicia's life but was too weak to heal her and she was left in near-death state. Only decades later (Alicia was dead for more than 20 years actually) did Shirou meet with Precia and managed to bring Alicia back.

Actually no, Shirou healed Precia as well. being able to reproduce and use Avalon is a real cheat XD
Avalon is only effective when Saber is around or there's residual mana from her permeating something. Unless he's got a bottle of her blood lying around packed to the brim her her magic, complications abound.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:34   Link #38013
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Avalon is only effective when Saber is around or there's residual mana from her permeating something. Unless he's got a bottle of her blood lying around packed to the brim her her magic, complications abound.
True but I'm bending the canon a bit. Shirou have essentially lived his entire life with Avalon, he can perfectly recreate it and by now quite easily control and feed it his own prana. It won't be as effective as with Saber around but he can get around 70% efficiency out of it.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:41   Link #38014
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I agree however there is one little fact you must include. Wolkenritter don't really have any say in all of this. For all intents and purposes they ARE convicted criminals and the best thing they can hope for is the leniency of the court.
The choice is made BEFORE the conviction, in the form of picking their legal defense and the bargain they strike, which is what determines the specific form of punishment laid upon them.

I'm pretty sure that when the defendants are willing to plead guilty from the start, they and their accusers are allowed to discuss and agree about what form the punishment should take. This process requires a number of hearings but avoids the need for a trial, since there's no argument about the verdict.

That's more or less how things worked out for Fate. She decided to plead guilty, and Chrono's legal team wrangled out an acceptable sentence over a number of hearings, before she formally made that plea.

So what happens is, Chrono and Leti meet together with Hayate and the Wolkenritter, to discuss their legal strategy. They all agree to plead Guilty from the outset if the Bureau is willing to accept their conditions and if they are willing to accept the Bureau's sentencing.

If the Bureau didn't offer terms that Hayate and the Wolkenritter would accept, they would refuse to plead Guilty and instead choose to fight a battle in public court.

So Hayate and the Bureau offered each other concessions. The Wolkenritter would continue answer to Hayate first as her servants, but Hayate would answer to the TSAB. The Wolkenritter would continue to live free as members of her family, but Hayate is held accountable for their actions, and all of them are going to be fitted with Limiters and have their actions monitored.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 17:46   Link #38015
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
The choice is made BEFORE the conviction, in the form of picking their legal defense and the bargain they strike, which is what determines the specific form of punishment laid upon them.

I'm pretty sure that when the defendants are willing to plead guilty from the start, they and their accusers are allowed to discuss and agree about what form the punishment should take. This process requires a number of hearings but avoids the need for a trial, since there's no argument about the verdict.

That's more or less how things worked out for Fate. She decided to plead guilty, and Chrono's legal team wrangled out an acceptable sentence over a number of hearings, before she formally made that plea.

So what happens is, Chrono and Leti meet together with Hayate and the Wolkenritter, to discuss their legal strategy. They all agree to plead Guilty from the outset if the Bureau is willing to accept their conditions and if they are willing to accept the Bureau's sentencing.

If the Bureau didn't offer terms that Hayate and the Wolkenritter would accept, they would refuse to plead Guilty and instead choose to fight a battle in public court.

So Hayate and the Bureau offered each other concessions. The Wolkenritter would continue answer to Hayate first as her servants, but Hayate would answer to the TSAB. The Wolkenritter would continue to live free as members of her family, but Hayate is held accountable for their actions, and all of them are going to be fitted with Limiters and have their actions monitored.
Well it does work... the only question is DO the TSAB courts work like the Earth ones. Shame we couldn't see any of the proceedings.
Old 2013-04-17, 19:06   Link #38016
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:

In that case I probably won't read it, good to know.

How did Precia keep Alicia and Fate's custody, anyway?

Quote:
I think as long as there's always a Wolkenritter under direct TSAB!command of Hayate I think the Wolkenritter won't mind too much being deployed apart from each other.

*Imagines Dr. Claw Yagami petting his her pet Guardian Beast MAD Cat Zafira.* It isn't like she can stand up with her legs still not working.
Old 2013-04-17, 20:07   Link #38017
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I think as long as there's always a Wolkenritter under direct TSAB!command of Hayate I think the Wolkenritter won't mind too much being deployed apart from each other.
Zafira seemed to have no place in the TSAB except as Hayate's bodyguard, anyway (though could just be neglect based on the fact that he's the familiar of the bunch, rather than a mage; the same neglect that had him spend all season in wolf form, and almost never talk).

Not that they told us Shamal's official position, either, but it's not hard to guess that she entered the medical section of some branch. The only question is which branch.

Still, anyone who thinks Shamal would make impartial triage decisions when Hayate needs attention, or thinks that Shamal can be ordered to treat someone before Hayate, would have to be pretty delusional. Even if Shamal officially must answer to a higher authority than Hayate, she'll always consider Hayate her first priority.

Likewise, Signum and Vita would abandon their units in the middle of high-speed aerial combat if either of them needed to race to Hayate's rescue. No orders from any authority would prevent this; possibly not even Hayate's own commands.

Then again, the TSAB is not so different from the franchise's fans; all they're REALLY interested in are Signum and Vita.

Leaving the familiar to guard their ONLY SS-class mage asset is probably A-OK with them.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 21:22   Link #38018
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Zafira seemed to have no place in the TSAB except as Hayate's bodyguard, anyway (though could just be neglect based on the fact that he's the familiar of the bunch, rather than a mage; the same neglect that had him spend all season in wolf form, and almost never talk).

Not that they told us Shamal's official position, either, but it's not hard to guess that she entered the medical section of some branch. The only question is which branch.
They might be "only" a Guardian Beast and the Medic of the team, but they are still two Wolkenritter in the eyes of the TSAB, so I'd think they'll try to press to put Shamal and Zafira as frontliners, just like Signum and Vita, if only by intimidation factor alone. Again, playing with the Boogeyman status the Wolkenritter have (Random Mook from TSAB space: do you want to be persued by a TSAB squadron lead by a[1] Wolkenritter?!)

[1] Never mind no Wolkenritter would lead any squad anytime soon, this is the my idea on how the Mook would think.

Quote:
Still, anyone who thinks Shamal would make impartial triage decisions when Hayate needs attention, or thinks that Shamal can be ordered to treat someone before Hayate, would have to be pretty delusional. Even if Shamal officially must answer to a higher authority than Hayate, she'll always consider Hayate her first priority.

Likewise, Signum and Vita would abandon their units in the middle of high-speed aerial combat if either of them needed to race to Hayate's rescue. No orders from any authority would prevent this; possibly not even Hayate's own commands.
Of course. I was just talking about normal circumstances.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:58   Link #38019
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Again, playing with the Boogeyman status the Wolkenritter have (Random Mook from TSAB space: do you want to be persued by a TSAB squadron lead by a[1] Wolkenritter?!)
...do random citizens and mooks even know the true nature of the Wolkenritter?
Old 2013-04-17, 23:24   Link #38020
TwoZeroTwo
A Past-Life Digression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
...do random citizens and mooks even know the true nature of the Wolkenritter?
I'd also like to know the answer to this. Preferably, if you can, as of...earlier...today...

Oh of all the chapters to just put up, it had to be the one that referenced them.
TwoZeroTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha