AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 22:58   Link #161
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler for To save space:

Wow ok thats kinda odd that it works out that way...

I will agree Darial kinda silly to do it for Ranka...Someone should do a Sheryl one on the other side just for fairness sakes...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-07-25, 23:03   Link #162
ReddyRedWolf

This episode is giving me Isamu Dyson light with Alto and Guld Goa Bowman light with Brera.

Not surprising since the original script had a 2 guys 1 girl love triangle.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:04   Link #163
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

I will agree Darial kinda silly to do it for Ranka...Someone should do a Sheryl one on the other side just for fairness sakes...
Hell no, Sheryl is Alto's property and his alone.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:16   Link #164
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hell no, Sheryl is Alto's property and his alone.

- Tak
You have it backwards. Alto is Sheryl's property and she will probably grafiti his vf-25 with her own image to mark her territory.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:19   Link #165
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
You have it backwards. Alto is Sheryl's property and she will probably grafiti his vf-25 with her own image to mark her territory.
It used to be, until recently I am starting to be convinced that Sheryl might want to have it both ways

- Tak (you can't have S, without the M)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:36   Link #166
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Thinking about it.. if this has a lo of flashback in it.. wouldn't goodbye sister be in reference to Brera and Ranka's parting?
Brera shall not die. Period.

The preview shows that the episode is about Ozma and Ranka. So the goodbye sister has to pertain to them. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Would you like to explain about the Valkryies, paper plane, alto kiss and earring scenes in the ending than since I'm looking at this through shipping goggles This is coming from the same person who thought a certain someone in True Tears would win because she was shown first in the ED right
I think you have more chances of arguing a Sheryl ending in the story than looking at a Sheryl-centric ED theme just because it featured the one-sided kiss from Star Date. I mean, Ranka and Alto have an ED theme of DYRL while flying in the sky. Ranka has Nekko Nikki ED theme with her making cookies for Alto with paper airplanes and VFs. Besides, I thought Northern Cross talks about a painful love song? Shall I take your opinion when you said it's foreshadowing something?

Quote:
Yes it was a "not again" reaction, you have to remember that weeks past during the passing of some episodes, for instance there should've been quite a gap from the filming to the release of the Zero movie in 10.
Now see here, even if it was a "ugh, not again" reaction it doesn't change the fact that Michael didn't look happy. Not happy = Not pleased--displeased. He wasn't smiling and rolling his eyes, he has that exasperated look on his face when he looked at the two and just left them alone. I feel like we're all arguing about the same thing again. -_- If he has that look, then certainly he is not enjoying watching AltoxSheryl banter. That's why I said he's not pleased. Not happy = Not pleased--displeased.

Why? Unless there's a thought bubble on top of Michael's head then >insert interpretation here<. Simple. I merely stated my own take on it =/

Quote:
I get the feeling you won't be giving Michael a vote in the final character poll for Macross since he's not the AltoxRanka shipper you think he is.
Well, it's because of him, Ranka and Alto had a romantic skygazing trip in Galia 4 and are now closer than ever. That's more than enough. He's actually more helpful than Nanase lol So yes, I think he's the AltoxRanka shipper that I think he is.

Quote:
Michael is in the same class as Sheryl and Alto
Michael is in the same piloting course as Sheryl and Alto
Sheryl and Alto constantly bicker and act like they did when he walked in
The last time Michael saw AltoxSheryl bicker was in episode 8, and he was consoling 'Ranka-chan' about it. This is only the second time he saw them bicker, and this is also the first time I saw Michael wear that kind of expression. I can bet he does the same thing anyway--let girls inside his room lol But in 12:48, his reaction totally looked like a girl who walked in on his bf cheating on her.(AltoxMichael) If that's not displease, then what's it supposed to be? You make it sound like Michael is always watching the two bicker and is enjoying it. Aren't you just operating on an assumption that's 'supposed' to happen offscreen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha
What a tweeeest. He was exasperated they were arguing again and being annoying and loud, but not that they were together.
Uh, why don't you read this again? If the arguing is getting to him, then that means he doesn't really enjoy watching the two? Since, you know, the two has to be together if they were going to bicker. There wasn't even a lecherous smile on his face. He just looks exasperated at the pair. Period. If you ask me, if Ranka was the one hiding inside, he'll have a different reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha
Him telling Alto to consider Ranka's feelings has less to do with him being shipper and more to tell Alto to stop being a jackass and hurting a girl who obviously cares for you. But otherwise, I don't think he cares either way.
He's not really as pushy to Alto as Nanase is to Ranka, that's not his style. But he certainly is persistent when it comes to pushing Alto to Ranka. Yes, MORE than Sheryl if you haven't noticed. He did it in episodes 4,6,8,10,12. When was the last time Michael pushed Alto to Sheryl? Episode 8, and he was merely asking him if Alto has any idea why Sheryl hangs out with him. That's it.

Michael's already aware that Sheryl has an interest in Alto as well, yet, come episode 12, who did he root for? ^_^ Ranka. Notice he was teasing Sheryl about Alto in 13 when he was the one who set AltoxRanka together lol What a horrible Sheryl supporter he is then.

There's a reason why Michael is supporting Ranka more than he does Sheryl and that's exactly what you said--he doesn't want to see Alto hurting a girl who clearly cares for him. This is how he sees Ranka's feelings for Alto. And till now, I don't think 4 episodes changed that. This guy may be complimenting both girls, but clearly, he's not neutral. He's closer to Ranka than Sheryl. He's pushed Ranka to Alto more than he did Sheryl. And that's a fact like it or not.

Noone is pushing Michael to the shipping war, he participates by himself lol It's fun to him it seems.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:50   Link #167
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
He's not really as pushy to Alto as Nanase is to Ranka, that's not his style. But he certainly is persistent when it comes to pushing Alto to Ranka. Yes, MORE than Sheryl if you haven't noticed. He did it in episodes 4,6,8,10,12. When was the last time Michael pushed Alto to Sheryl? Episode 8, and he was merely asking him if Alto has any idea why Sheryl hangs out with him. That's it.

Michael's already aware that Sheryl has an interest in Alto as well, yet, come episode 12, who did he root for? ^_^ Ranka. Notice he was teasing Sheryl about Alto in 13 when he was the one who set AltoxRanka together lol What a horrible Sheryl supporter he is then.

There's a reason why Michael is supporting Ranka more than he does Sheryl and that's exactly what you said--he doesn't want to see Alto hurting a girl who clearly cares for him. This is how he sees Ranka's feelings for Alto. And till now, I don't think 4 episodes changed that. This guy may be complimenting both girls, but clearly, he's not neutral. He's closer to Ranka than Sheryl. He's pushed Ranka to Alto more than he did Sheryl. And that's a fact like it or not.

Noone is pushing Michael to the shipping war, he participates by himself lol It's fun to him it seems.
You have completely, utterly and definitely missed one important point.

You don't push Sheryl into anything. Thus leaving Mikey the sole option of pushing the other pair. Its also great that you are listing episodes as evidence, yet I am curious as to why you dismissed episode 5, where he explicitly stated that he hated kids (Ranka). That tells me Mikey is not overly interested in Ranka's affairs other than telling Alto to smarten up, or face the wraths of both women. Moreover, while Mikey shoves Alto around, he voluntarily does not push Ranka into anything as well.

You also stated that Ranka truely cares for Alto, but so does Sheryl. Why you left that out I will not ask, but it certainly looked obviously biased. Then again, I should not expect more from a Rank-shipper.

It would also appear you have missed my previous post. Thats a shame, so I will repeat myself here.

Mikey's feelings toward the entire situation had never been short of ambivalence. On one hand, yeah, sure, he pushes Alto to Ranka, yet on the other, he is commenting on how lucky Alto is for being hooked up with Sheryl and wonders about that part of the progress. By episode 13 however, he pretty much reached some sort of a conclusion, where after analyzing Alto's women, he pretty much thought awww, screw it, I am done.

Mikey's relationship to Alto is that of a torturing Senpai to a hapless Kohai. Not because he necessarily advocates any pair, but teasing Alto is a fun thing for him to do.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-26 at 00:13.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:04   Link #168
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't know where to start since I'm in full facepalm mode after this post.

Quote:
Brera shall not die. Period.
You really think cyborg boy is going to live happily ever after? Also it's pretty obvious who Alto is referring to in his unsaid line from the January promo.

Spoiler for Jan Promo 5th line:

You seen Plus yet? If not watch it and expect something similar to happen to Brera with what happened with Guld.

Quote:
The last time Michael saw AltoxSheryl bicker was in episode 8,
Michael is in the same class and course as Alto and Sheryl, do you really think he hasn't seem them bicker and banter in the weeks or months since Sheryl enrolled, god how clueless can you get.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:15   Link #169
ani_d

Quote:
You have completely, utterly and definitely missed one important point.

You don't push Sheryl into anything. Thus leaving Mikey the sole option of pushing the other pair. Its also great that you are listing episodes as evidence, yet I am curious as to why you missed episode 5, where he explicitly stated that he hated kids (Ranka).
He hate kids, yet he's into loli Klan lol It would be understandable if the image of Klan that popped in his head in 13 was Klan's Meltran form, but nope. He may proclaim that he's into older women, but he's actually a closet lolicon.

*edit

@Westlo- Why are you always basing your arguments on assumptions? Your promo line doesn't even hint at something, yet you sound like it's a fact. Also, your assumption--again--on Michael always seeing Saonome banter/bicker wasn't even shown on-screen. For all we know, Sheryl might be in their class but is just doing all those Galaxy promotion mambo jumbos. The sight of them in episode 9 is a more likely/valid scenario since we actually saw a glimpse of how their class is like with Sheryl--compared to your imagined scenario.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:18   Link #170
Tak

Quote:
He hate kids, yet he's into loli Klan lol It would be understandable if the image of Klan that popped in his head in 13 was Klan's Meltran form, but nope. He may proclaim that he's into older women, but he's actually a closet lolicon.
You also missed another point. Loli Quran, no matter how she looks, is still mature at heart and certainly more so than Ranka, thus allowing Mikhail to treat Quran not-as-a-child as he does Ranka. There is certainly that disparity.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-07-26 at 00:44.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:19   Link #171
jho

I really liked this episode. But for me the burning question:

What the hell happened to Luca's confession? Looks like it went the way of the dodo, how could they just completely ignore that?

And the new ending can't possibly stay as this Sheryl-centric ending right? With a scene of her kissing Alto too..they wouldn't make it that obvious right? 0_0
Old 2008-07-26, 00:20   Link #172
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jho View Post
And the new ending can't possibly stay as this Sheryl-centric ending right? With a scene of her kissing Alto too..they wouldn't make it that obvious right? 0_0
Considering the past endings had been Ranka-centric, its time for a little change.

Her kissing Alto was an image from Episode 5. Nothing too special about it yet.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-26, 00:30   Link #173
jho

Quote:
Considering the past endings had been Ranka-centric, its time for a little change.

Her kissing Alto was an image from Episode 5. Nothing too special about it yet.

- Tak
In ep 1-15 the ending theme included both Sheryl & Ranka, this one was all Sheryl. I'm expecting a Ranka-centric ending theme for next week, if not I will be surprised esp. if it stays as this Sheryl theme.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:33   Link #174
Tak

Quote:
In ep 1-15 the ending theme included both Sheryl & Ranka, this one was all Sheryl. I'm expecting a Ranka-centric ending theme for next week, if not I will be surprised esp. if it stays as this Sheryl theme.
They were? In Episode 10, it was Ranka, 11 again, was Ranka, 12 again was all Ranka. By 15, Ranka had taken DC to another level (for better or worse). Yeah, we've already seen plenty of Ranka-centric themes, finally getting a Sheryl one isn't much to ask for, is it.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-26, 00:37   Link #175
jho

Quote:
They were? In Episode 10, it was Ranka, 11 again, was Ranka, 12 again was all Ranka. By 15, Ranka had taken DC to another level (for better or worse). Yeah, we've already seen plenty of Ranka-centric themes, finally getting a Sheryl one isn't much to ask for, is it.

- Tak
You are correct good sir, how short my memory is

I just thought that this might stay as the permanent ending...but I guess we're going to go back to diamond crevasse next week...

Last edited by jho; 2008-07-26 at 00:39. Reason: new post not needed
Old 2008-07-26, 00:43   Link #176
magnuskn

Quote:
Uh, why don't you read this again? If the arguing is getting to him, then that means he doesn't really enjoy watching the two? Since, you know, the two has to be together if they were going to bicker. There wasn't even a lecherous smile on his face. He just looks exasperated at the pair. Period. If you ask me, if Ranka was the one hiding inside, he'll have a different reaction.
True. His reaction would be "AAAAARGH! Do you want to get us both killed by Captain Ozma?!?! Stop that, immediately!"
Old 2008-07-26, 00:43   Link #177
Westlo
Lets be reality

ani_d can you name me who is looking like being the final opponent of Frontier, can you also name their ace pilot?

Quote:
Also, your assumption--again--on Michael always seeing Saonome banter/bicker wasn't even shown on-screen. For all we know, Sheryl might be in their class but is just doing all those Galaxy promotion mambo jumbos. The sight of them in episode 9 is a more likely/valid scenario since we actually saw a glimpse of how their class is like with Sheryl--compared to your imagined scenario.
So there's a film crew with Sheryl during every single class they have had for weeks/months? Great logic! Learn to read in between the lines, it should be obvious that Alto and Sheryl will bicker, sorry they don't lay it on so thick that any clueless dolt can get it like with most of the Ranka stuff

Btw... Omg they haven't shown Ranka sleeping, does she ever sleep!!!??

Quote:
I just thought that this might stay as the permanent ending...but I guess we're going to go back to diamond crevasse next week...
Northern Cross is the Diamond Crevasse of the second half, in that both are the proper ending themes for their respective halves. Stuff like Aimo and all the other ending themes were just one offs. Diamond Crevasse is the ending for the proper version of episode 1 as well btw, not Aimo like in the tv broadcast or DYRL like in Deculture.

Here's the now updated breakdown of the ED themes going by the first volume.

Ending Theme
#1: "Diamond Crevasse" by May'n (Episodes 1-6, 8-9, 13-14)
#2: "Aimo" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 7)
#3: "Aimo~Tori no Hito" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 10)
#4: "Neko Nikki" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 11)
#5: "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka (Deculture Edition)" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 12)
#6: "Diamond Crevasse" by Megumi Nakajima and May'n (Episode 15)
#7: "Northern Cross" by May'n (Episode 16-?)

Diamond Crevasse and Northern Cross are the proper EDs, everything else is a special one off.
Old 2008-07-26, 00:50   Link #178
Teletha

Quote:

The fact is you twist crap constantly to fit your shipper mind. That's the fact. Everything ever is positive for Ranka and everything is always about Ranka, even when Alto and Michael do act and have nothing to do with Ranka or romance or anything else. Michael obviously has supported Ranka more then Sheryl for a few reasons, he knows her better, Ozma, she's blatant with how she feels and if she's hurt and Michael picks up on that when Alto doesn't (hey! maybe they should get together!?!?), and the fact that Sheryl doesn't need his support and doesn't outwardly show she's vulnerable. But he's in no way picking sides between either one of them. I think he'd rather like it if Alto stopped being stupid, noticed both girls care for him and pick a side, any side, just stop being an idiot.

You mention episode 13, but you took that as Michael and Sheryl having an interest in one another . Now it's something different? Going by what you said though, considering he's teasing her about Alto in 13, right after he "set up" Alto x Ranka in episode 12 that means one of two things, he's just an asshole who wants to hurt Sheryl, who he knows cares for Alto, or he wanted Alto to go make up for the shitty way he treated Ranka and take her home while Sheryl was obviously unable to leave. He teased her because he knows she cares for Alto and nothing more. He wasn't throwing Ranka in her face. I'm not sure I'm a fan of your version of Michael.

I also have to hand it to you for twisting what I said about truly caring about someone into Michael knowing Ranka has true feelings of everlasting love for Alto. That's not even what I said. I said Ranka did something nice for Alto for his birthday, Alto blew her off in a rude way and Michael wasn't impressed by how Alto treated Ranka then and thought he should make amends. I was not in any way saying Micheal knows Ranka loves Alto and therefore supports Ranka x Alto end, ffs.

And you are dragging him into the shipper war by making him Alto x Ranka shipper number 2, as you said. I moved it to Romance in Macross Thread if you want to discuss there since a lot of this is not about this episode.

Last edited by Teletha; 2008-07-26 at 01:07. Reason: too much to say
Old 2008-07-26, 01:01   Link #179
jho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Actually his expression could be a number of things...one particular scenario is that he came back to his bunk to chill and to find Alto and Sheryl there wasn't his idea of self relaxation

Which reminds me of back in college, I had walked in on my roommate riding some guy and that wasn't exactly a pleasant thing to come home to (dorm rooms just suck sometimes LOL)....needless to say they got hitched years later I pretty much said something quite similar to what Michel had told them and left.

Whether he approves of Alto/Sheryl or not, no can exactly be thrilled to walk into the middle of something...even if nothing happened.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Oh geez, and I thought my friend had it bad. When I tell him your story he won't complain about his situation ever again
Old 2008-07-26, 04:47   Link #180
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Oh really now.
I don't know what kind of Monitors you have. But to me...
Spoiler for saving space:

Quote:

nose art disappears when power consumption goes up, or when Monster powers down. the wonders of technology...
:P
Quote:
Apparently the nose paint disappears. As someone I wouldn't want to be the one to explain to Ozma this blatantly obcene image. Ah yes the unseen support staff of Quarter.

As hobbes221 said:

It turns on and off based on where a certain VF-25S is at any given time. (I wouldn't want to be the guy to explain to Ozma that it was me who 'painted' that nose art of Ranka!) Ok now I've got the idea in my head of two guy standing on the deck of the Quarter, one with a pair of binoculars and the other with a remote going
"Off."
"He's clear, quick back on."
"OFF OFF OFF, aww we're dead."
Apparently there's something wrong with you're pc's . I hereby announce your lame@ss theories debunked!

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-07-26 at 06:31. Reason: i stupidly pressed the save bttn too early.& grammer
Closed Thread