Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-21, 22:08   Link #1
dolphinkr
dolphinkr

Unhappy BIN & CUE Files?????

Hi,

anyone can tell me what is Bin & Cue files? How do i play all these files? HELP PLEASEEEEE....................

Desparado,
dolphinkr
Old 2004-07-21, 22:41   Link #2
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
you cant play them ..they are CD or DVD images you have to transform the files using alcohol120% to its original form

Link site http://www.alcohol-soft.com/ you might have to pay but their is always way around that :P
Old 2004-07-21, 22:46   Link #3
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
you cant play them ..they are image CD or DVD files you have to transform the files using alcohol120% to its original form
Actually, binary (BIN) and CUE (not sure what it stands for) are not necessarily cd image files (usually cd images are in the ISO format), but they can be. There are a variety of programs you can use, I recommend Isobuster, you can get it here

http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

just make sure when you run the program you click "free function only", unless you want to buy it.
Old 2004-07-21, 22:52   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

hehe Bin and cue files not a cd image ??? hehehe are you on something ??
oh well try whatever you wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
Actually, binary (BIN) and CUE (not sure what it stands for) are not necessarily cd image files (usually cd images are in the ISO format), but they can be. There are a variety of programs you can use, I recommend Isobuster, you can get it here

http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

just make sure when you run the program you click "free function only", unless you want to buy it.
Old 2004-07-21, 22:57   Link #5
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
hehe Bin and cue files not a cd image ??? hehehe are you on something ??
oh well try whatever you wish
BIN files are just the binary data of whatever program/file you have. I can convert any file into a BIN file easily, without touching my cd drive. The cue file is usually associated with cd's, because it usually tells the computer where to find the data in the BIN file, though I could also create CUE files for BIN files outside of using a cd.

And to answer your question on what i'm on, I am 100% drug free, but I do have a sugar addiction :P
Old 2004-07-21, 23:01   Link #6
Yamano667
Banned

Well take care of your heart pressure hehe too much sugar can kill ya

[QUOTE= but I do have a sugar addiction :P[/QUOTE]
Old 2004-07-21, 23:02   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Well too much sugar can kill ya keep healthy, and you will be 80 watching anime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
, but I do have a sugar addiction :P
Old 2004-07-22, 00:30   Link #8
Thany
Unfair

The two tools you've proposed are shareware and are quite bad if you haven't got the full version.
Daemon-Tools on another hand is simple to use and free
Old 2004-07-22, 08:35   Link #9
dolphinkr
dolphinkr

Question

so i would have to either download those software, then am i able to watch it, rite? even for converting it to cds, i would have to use the software to convert? i'm very confuse now ;(
Old 2004-07-22, 08:55   Link #10
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinkr
so i would have to either download those software, then am i able to watch it, rite? even for converting it to cds, i would have to use the software to convert? i'm very confuse now ;(
You would need a program capable of opening the files, yes. It's more of opening than converting. Bin and Cue files are more of containers than a conversion.

Deamon Tools, as Thany mentioned, is capable of mounting .cue files. What this means is instead of having to burn the information to CD, it makes a pretend CD drive and lets you access the data that way.

Once Daemon Tools is installed, you'll have to mount the .cue file.

Once you mount the image you can find it just like other CD/DVD drives in My Computer.
Spoiler:

As for .bin files, you should be able to open it with WinRar.
Old 2004-07-22, 10:59   Link #11
dolphinkr
dolphinkr

Question

So sorry, i'm quite an idiot when it comes to software thing. I just wanna ask, if i install that program will it actually corrupt my pc (cos my pc just recovered from a big major illness) as i don't really like to convert some files to pc. The main file for me to convert is .cue file instead of .bin file, rite?

If i were to burn the information into the cds (which i've quite a lot of cds), can i just straight away do that, or do i still need that software to do it?

I've also tried to use Winrar to open .bin files but are unable to open it.

Really sorry that i ask so many question.
Old 2004-07-22, 11:07   Link #12
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
So sorry, i'm quite an idiot when it comes to software thing. I just wanna ask, if i install that program will it actually corrupt my pc (cos my pc just recovered from a big major illness) as i don't really like to convert some files to pc.
No, Daemon Tools will not corrupt your PC.

Quote:
The main file for me to convert is .cue file instead of .bin file, rite?

If i were to burn the information into the cds (which i've quite a lot of cds), can i just straight away do that, or do i still need that software to do it?
The .cue file contains some auxiliary information for the .bin which actually contains the actual files. So if you want to burn the image you need a burning application like Nero, Roxio, Feurio!, CloneCD, Alcohol120% and what not (refer to the links above). Point those applications to the .cue file which should be in the same folder as the .bin file and you should be able to burn the data to a disk.

Alternatively, you can mount the .cue (and indirectly the .bin) file with Daemon-Tools and watch them. Then unmount them and delete them if you want.

BTW: I don't think we are talking about movie files since no decent fansub group that I know of release their animes in (S)VCD image files. We are more likely talking about games/warez and what not, aren't we?
Old 2004-07-22, 15:25   Link #13
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
So sorry, i'm quite an idiot when it comes to software thing. I just wanna ask, if i install that program will it actually corrupt my pc (cos my pc just recovered from a big major illness) as i don't really like to convert some files to pc. The main file for me to convert is .cue file instead of .bin file, rite?

I've also tried to use Winrar to open .bin files but are unable to open it.

Really sorry that i ask so many question.
Never try to burn on CD, it's a bad idea.
You'd better mount the image with Daemon-Tools like we told you.
As for putting it on CD, you'd better rar+3%rr the 2 files, then burn the rar archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
BTW: I don't think we are talking about movie files since no decent fansub group that I know of release their animes in (S)VCD image files. We are more likely talking about games/warez and what not, aren't we?
You can't really tell if this is legal or not ; Daemon-Tools can also be used for legal purpose, not only illegals
Old 2004-07-22, 15:28   Link #14
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
You can't really tell if this is legal or not ; Daemon-Tools can also be used for legal purpose, not only illegals
That's not what I meant. I meant that it is very unlikely that the bin/cue files contain anime files but rather illegal stuff.
Old 2004-07-22, 15:52   Link #15
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
That's not what I meant. I meant that it is very unlikely that the bin/cue files contain anime files but rather illegal stuff.
Of course, that's true!
But the problem is that you can't tell what's in his cue/bin files, so it might also be something which would be perfectly legal.
But that's not really the topic of this thread
Or else when somebody ask an help on how to use a bitorrent client, you could also start questioning yourself if it isn't download something illegal
Old 2004-07-23, 09:41   Link #16
dolphinkr
dolphinkr

Unhappy

Wat i'm trying to watch is Movie but am using bit torrent to download. Actually, i've download animes that are .cue & .bin files before, that was quite long ago though.

But i'm thinking, why would people wanna make it to .cue & .bin files? Making it so troublesome, shouldn't they simply uplaod in avi file since they wanna share with people???

If i were to use Nero to burn it into CD, i would have to set it as data or vcd files when setting? cos' i doubt i would know how to use the Daemon-Tool as it looks very complicated to me

Old 2004-07-23, 09:59   Link #17
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Wat i'm trying to watch is Movie but am using bit torrent to download. Actually, i've download animes that are .cue & .bin files before, that was quite long ago though.

But i'm thinking, why would people wanna make it to .cue & .bin files? Making it so troublesome, shouldn't they simply uplaod in avi file since they wanna share with people???

If i were to use Nero to burn it into CD, i would have to set it as data or vcd files when setting? cos' i doubt i would know how to use the Daemon-Tool as it looks very complicated to me

Nero (Normal Mode)
1. Open Nero
2. Recorder-->Burn Image...
3. Point to cue file
4. Burn

Nero Express Mode
1. Open Nero Express
2. Disc Image or Saved Project
3. Point to cue file
4. Burn
Old 2004-07-24, 10:15   Link #18
dolphinkr
dolphinkr

Unhappy

Why is it after i mount the cue file like wat KeinikuSuki said, the movie still can't be played & my pc slow down so much?

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-07-24, 12:42   Link #19
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Why is it after i mount the cue file like wat KeinikuSuki said, the movie still can't be played & my pc slow down so much?

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you browse the content of the image? Is it possible that the image is defected?

I have 2 virtual drives, one from daemon tool and one from alcohol. I never even noticed the existance unless I need to mount a drive. And my computer is 2 and half years old so you know it is not really fast.
Old 2004-07-24, 13:49   Link #20
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Why is it after i mount the cue file like wat KeinikuSuki said, the movie still can't be played & my pc slow down so much[emphasis added]?

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you downloaded this file from a Warez site (like _Sin_ suspected) then you probably got a virus. Sounds like it's time to go for a free checkup at TrendMicro's Website.

The file may not contain anything useful; in fact, just the opposite is probably true.

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-24 at 14:15.