AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 09:54   Link #61
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It's clear that the 360 is playing sexy card while the PS3 is pandering the cute end.

And I do hope that the DLC costume will be more than just plain re-skin. As in they have an impact on the parameters and ability of the character.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 10:23   Link #62
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's clear that the 360 is playing sexy card while the PS3 is pandering the cute end.
In an ideal world, both versions will eventually have the complete set.

Quote:
And I do hope that the DLC costume will be more than just plain re-skin. As in they have an impact on the parameters and ability of the character.
One of the earliest examples of this I can think of is the original God of War; most recently, SSX comes to mind (even if those costumes are more properly termed 'palette swaps').
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 11:19   Link #63
Sides

Game needs more character costumes from other Kadokawa series like Mio Naganohara, Natsumi Hinata, Rosette Christopher and other, that have twin pigtails ^^
I would get the dlcs on day one, if that was the case.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 11:24   Link #64
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am objecting to the URL of the website. It is misleading!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 13:47   Link #65
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
yeah, that was my first thought. I'm surprised there isn't already an outcry from the witchburners... twintails, lollipops, cheerleaders.... o the horror.
Old 2012-03-08, 13:52   Link #66
Miraluka
Banned

They have some anime cosplay like Haruna from Korezombie and Saek from HSOTD.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 13:57   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
They have some anime cosplay like Haruna from Korezombie and Saek from HSOTD.
Can't say I'm amused by the differing costumes isolated by platform. I actually like the PS3 cute outfits better than the rather skanky looking Xbox offering. No word on what the PC versions will offer? Hopefully the other cosplay outfits are multi-platform.
Old 2012-03-08, 14:31   Link #68
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ugh. Why Suda why? I love your games man but why did you have to make this one about a ditzy school girl fighting zombies?! The appeal of such a ridiculous concept shall forever remain a mystery to me.

Probably gonna skip this one unfortunately, but I guess if I had to praise one thing about it is that like all of Suda's games, it won't take itself seriously. If it did I'd be enraged rather than depressed at this game right now.

And y'know, while the crossover costumes make sense with the overall theme of the game, it's too bad all of them are of characters from shit to below average series'.
Old 2012-03-08, 19:30   Link #69
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
there is no premium edition in North America.
https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw...73738686140416

Quote:
all outfits will be available in all countries
https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw...74243768430594

Alright, this is a bit confusing here since there is no elaboration. Does this literally mean all costume will be made overseas, including the anime and the Premium Ed Console exclusives ?

Quote:
no plans for PC
https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw...24569204289536

And no plan for a PC port.
Old 2012-03-08, 22:09   Link #70
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw...74243768430594

Alright, this is a bit confusing here since there is no elaboration. Does this literally mean all costume will be made overseas, including the anime and the Premium Ed Console exclusives ?
My guess is we're going to get premium edition stuff via dlc or god forbid, in-game unlockables (haha yeah right) since there is no premium edition.

https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw...52350781194241

Someone just tweeted about the high school of the dead costumes, and was met with the same reply of "all outfits will be available in all countries".

So yeah, let's just run with it, we're getting all costumes!
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 09:59   Link #71
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Confirmation that western release will be in full English with no choice for Japanese voice overs :-

https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw...99992445874177

At least this makes something worthwhile in purchasing the Premium Ed.
Old 2012-03-09, 13:47   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Confirmation that western release will be in full English with no choice for Japanese voice overs :-

https://twitter.com/#!/LolliChainsaw/status/177999992445874177
Well... that's a move that may lessen the sales :P
Old 2012-03-09, 14:02   Link #73
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yeah, that was my first thought. I'm surprised there isn't already an outcry from the witchburners... twintails, lollipops, cheerleaders.... o the horror.
Spoiler for Don't you say?:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 14:16   Link #74
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
I'm a sad panda now.
Old 2012-03-09, 16:26   Link #75
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexx View Post
well... That's a move that may lessen the sales
Quote:
Originally Posted by solace View Post
i'm a sad panda now.
no sale.
Old 2012-03-09, 16:35   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
And I'm done.... dumb asses. Japanese software *does* play on an American Xbox, doesn't it? (no region lock bullshit?) The only obstacle is getting a third party buyer?
Old 2012-03-09, 19:23   Link #77
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Well... that's a move that may lessen the sales :P
I'm not sure. The way they market it in the west seems rather gear towards those early 80's horror R Rated B-Grade Movies the lines of the original Friday The 13th and Nightmare On Elm Street. And of course, the basic combination of sex and blood will sells over everything else in America and Europe.

Quote:
And I'm done.... dumb asses. Japanese software *does* play on an American Xbox, doesn't it? (no region lock bullshit?) The only obstacle is getting a third party buyer?
If there's one thing you should know about the Japanese Game Industry, it's that PC gaming is nonexistent. Blizzard can't even make a dent with WoW and Starcraft 2 in Japan while waves are made all over the world.

The only exception you can expect of any PC port of Japanese produced titles are those games published by major labels such as Capcom and Konami since they are greedy bastards eager to maximise their profit margin. Grasshopper Manufacture and Suda51 is yet still a rather small indie house.

In regards to a region free copy of this game, there is always the Asian Releases geared towards a market that is technically NTSC-J but resilent towards anything but English.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-03-09 at 19:44.
Old 2012-03-09, 19:41   Link #78
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I have the distinctive feeling that we're teetering on the edge of another Great Videogame Market Crash. Except unlike last time, there's a solid and powerful PC game market to pick up the slack when the consoles inevitably fall. Considering the direction technology has taken, if the console market crashes again, they will likely never recover and dedicated game consoles will go the way of the dinosaur.

Already mobile phone games are slaughtering traditional portable consoles. With widespread adoption of HTML5 and streaming services like OnLive, I can definitely see a world that no longer needs a dedicated game console.
Old 2012-03-09, 20:12   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I have the distinctive feeling that we're teetering on the edge of another Great Videogame Market Crash. Except unlike last time, there's a solid and powerful PC game market to pick up the slack when the consoles inevitably fall. Considering the direction technology has taken, if the console market crashes again, they will likely never recover and dedicated game consoles will go the way of the dinosaur.

Already mobile phone games are slaughtering traditional portable consoles. With widespread adoption of HTML5 and streaming services like OnLive, I can definitely see a world that no longer needs a dedicated game console.
I understood the "idea" of gaming console (basically the user is outsourcing the maintenance to the manufacturer) but lack of a meaningful hardware upgrade path and other varieties of "fail to follow through" always left me a bit cold on consoles. Basically, our Xbox might as well be a "Rock Band appliance" (well sometimes we play FIFA soccer on it). Our Wii is used for bowling and for Swing Golf. My son sold most of the other games we've tried over the years... and 90% of our machine gaming is on PC. The new Google Market for games is having a sale this weekend for Droids.... "World of Goo" for the phone, etc.
Old 2012-03-09, 20:16   Link #80
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
I understood the "idea" of gaming console (basically the user is outsourcing the maintenance to the manufacturer) but lack of a meaningful hardware upgrade path and other varieties of "fail to follow through" always left me a bit cold on consoles. Basically, our Xbox might as well be a "Rock Band appliance" (well sometimes we play FIFA soccer on it). Our Wii is used for bowling and for Swing Golf. My son sold most of the other games we've tried over the years... and 90% of our machine gaming is on PC. The new Google Market for games is having a sale this weekend for Droids.... "World of Goo" for the phone, etc.
The idea of a game console made a lot of sense in the 80s and even the 90s. It stopped making as much sense in the late 90s and early 2000s. It makes almost no sense now.

Portable consoles have always struck me as far more sensible than their livingroom-bound counterparts, but with device convergence at an all-time high I expect to see those merge with smartphones soon enough. It's already happening. iOS is a major gaming platform and the Xperia Play is literally a smartphone crossed with a PSP.

Tags
grasshopper manufacture, juliet, lollipop chainsaw, nick, suda51