Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-07-18, 15:40   Link #381
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
But I AM out here planning to brainwash women into doing terrible things.
And when I'm successful, I'll have the biggest harem in the history of men....and women.
The biggest harem in the history of men is LA

Last edited by Lexander; 2007-07-18 at 16:04.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 16:20   Link #382
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb View Post
Yes they are. Gender roles are nothing more that glorified stereotyping that says "girls should do this and guys should do that because of their gender". That would be like having racial rolls. "Whites should do this, blacks should do that, Asian are to do this, Mexicans that, etc., etc."

That would be silly.
You think they are because of what they were. And they're not like having "racial roles" at all from how I see it. There's not comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander View Post
I get this sense like you think we're all out there brainwashing women into doing all these terrible things.

Traditional gender roles take away choice ... and that's what people find morally wrong. It's the whole idea that women should want to do something even though they are doing something completely different.

It's extremely hard to understand ... because on one hand you are all for choice ... but on the over hand you are against what happens as a result of having those kind of choices(you decide that they made all the wrong choices).

It's just seems like you feel better qualified to decide what's best for women than women.
Yes, I am hard to understand. No one seems to truly understand my views. They're too unique, and I'm too dumb to express them right.

Traditional gender roles themselves do not take away choice. Only the past rules that were applied to them. And i just think that things are just too chaotic today... too many people are doing things "because they can". Things are taboo when they shouldn't be while others aren't taboo when they should be. And I doubt anyone will say anything that would logically change my views on this.

But I'm willing to agree to disagree
Old 2007-07-18, 18:00   Link #383
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I know ... girls are wild nowadays ... going to med school for years just because they can(sluts).

I wish everyone would just tone it down a little bit with their talent sharing ...

Last edited by Lexander; 2007-07-18 at 18:28.
Old 2007-07-18, 23:42   Link #384
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
I know ... girls are wild nowadays ... going to med school for years just because they can(sluts).

I wish everyone would just tone it down a little bit with their talent sharing ...
You know that's not what I mean, please stop trying to put words in someone's mouth...
Old 2007-07-19, 02:06   Link #385
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has no idea about what you mean... Except that you'd like for people to do as you tell them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 03:52   Link #386
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has no idea about what you mean... Except that you'd like for people to do as you tell them.
That's not true at all.
Old 2007-07-19, 19:16   Link #387
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
You know that's not what I mean, please stop trying to put words in someone's mouth...
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth ... I just have no idea what you mean.

Some women have careers and a family. In that case a house husband is smart.
I just don't enjoy the idea that I'm inherently worse at changing diapers, communicating with kids, cleaning a house and driving around places. This is sorta insulting to men and women.

If my wife is getting paid more and she wants to continue getting paid more, I'd stay home with the kids.
If I'm inherently better at providing for the family, then I would have a higher income. And if I do have a higher income then she's staying home and everything is 'normal'.

Maybe you're not around a lot of women with jobs(I don't know your background), so it's just unusual for you.

The absentee mom excuse is bullshit also. Once kids start going to school the school hours can then become your work hours, and you don't have to be away from your kids. Nevermind the fact that the women I work with have to get the job because they just need that money to put their kids through school.

I'd rather have more insurance that my kid will be in college instead of a regularly dusted house.
And I also don't feel like making these woman feel like they have inadequate husbands who can't provide for them by encouraging them not to work.

Rant over.

Go get 'em ladies.
Old 2007-07-19, 22:35   Link #388
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, my mom has raised me more or less on her own for the last 18 years or so. She's a very hard worker, and VP of HR at the company she works for. I tell you, I respect her more than any other person on the planet. She's the career type, but I don't think I'd trade her anything in the whole world. She has done everything in her life more or less for my benefit, and one of my hopes in life is that I can do the same for her if that need ever arises.

However, given that you'd be hard pressed to find a more willful and independent woman than her, most likely I'll never have to.

Anyway, because my mom had to raise me alone, I was taken to a sitter's or left alone to my own devices (when I was old enough). My mom's a major workaholic, but in a good way. She is a model of work ethic, not to mention super-friendly to boot. She's a tad strict at times, but I think it has ultimately benefitted me more than I can accurately account for. I've discovered discipline is important.

And for the record, Lexander, my mom not only works 10-11 hour days, but I can bet she keeps the house cleaner than any other other person's on this forum. Even with two cats, our house is clean enough to eat off the floor. I swear to God my transition to college is gonna be brutal, but it'll make me appreciate cleanliness a lot more, I'll bet...

Note: My mom is not a workaholic not because she has to be, despite her workload, but because she absolutely loves her job. She evens works on weekends when I'm visiting my dad's house. I swear, that woman is a machine...

Anyway, all that was to prove that there are, in fact, super-moms out there, women who are both careerists and full-time moms, too. My mom is one of them. Never say I don't respect women, because my ultimate role model is my mom.
Old 2007-07-19, 23:33   Link #389
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Okay, now I'm getting sick of the lack of respect I'm getting because all of you disagree with my views. You all act like I'm your enemy or something...

Quote:
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth ... I just have no idea what you mean.
There's no need to assume things though. I gave no logical reason to believe that I wanted "people to do as I tell them".

Quote:
Some women have careers and a family. In that case a house husband is smart.
I just don't enjoy the idea that I'm inherently worse at changing diapers, communicating with kids, cleaning a house and driving around places. This is sorta insulting to men and women.
Just because you're "inherently" bad at that stuff don't mean you can't do it right. If you really need to, I'm sure you can learn.

Quote:
If my wife is getting paid more and she wants to continue getting paid more, I'd stay home with the kids.
If I'm inherently better at providing for the family, then I would have a higher income. And if I do have a higher income then she's staying home and everything is 'normal'.
Not necessarily. You're acting like your inherent attributes should dictate your life. They don't have to.

Quote:
Maybe you're not around a lot of women with jobs(I don't know your background), so it's just unusual for you.
What're you talking about? I can only recall one of my female friends/family not working, and that's because of medical reasons. Heck, even my fiancee works 5 times a day.

This don't have anything to do with my views.

Quote:
The absentee mom excuse is bullshit also. Once kids start going to school the school hours can then become your work hours, and you don't have to be away from your kids. Nevermind the fact that the women I work with have to get the job because they just need that money to put their kids through school.
"Excuse"? Excuse for what? It's not like I think women aren't capable of that kind of thing.

Quote:
I'd rather have more insurance that my kid will be in college instead of a regularly dusted house.
And I also don't feel like making these woman feel like they have inadequate husbands who can't provide for them by encouraging them not to work.
That's your choice as an individual. I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing this up.

Quote:
Rant over.

Go get 'em ladies.
WTF? That was uncalled for...

And btw, men and women were meant to be treated differently. That's a fact.

Last edited by Thewanderer; 2007-07-28 at 23:47.
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote